PDA

View Full Version : Why is shamans bite attack so powerful?

DKDridin
03-09-2018, 12:15 PM
It takes just shy of half of the health bar of a centurion, and is extremely difficult to dodge my experience. Just seems a bit powered And unrealistic. How does a bite cause many times more damage than a body impaling sword wound? It just seems dumb.

Tyrjo
03-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Yes, it is indeed way to easy to land and has low risk for a "Δ 70 HP move".

If it did 20 damage and healed for 20 it would be more reasonable. Given how easy it is for it to land.

Tecknoterrorist
03-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Is a bird??!! NO!!

Is a plane?? NO!!

IS A SHAMAN!!!

Dtheawesome9010
03-09-2018, 02:34 PM
I can't believe that shaman's jaws are so strong they bite through chain mail it's kinda unrealistic cause i can tell you that humans can't bite through chain mail like that.It just goes to show that the armor is more for looks than anything.

Tecknoterrorist
03-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Shaman kit are made for money. They create an absurd class for kids, easy to play for easy win. it's a commercial move to get new players to buy the game.

CandleInTheDark
03-09-2018, 02:39 PM
As to the strength of it,maybe the damage could be toned down, but I can't honestly say that it is that difficult to dodge. I ran into a good deal of Shamans (Shaman? Shamen? Shamani?) in dominion last night, outside of guardbreak and being double teamed, no Shaman managed to get the bite on me from neutral, none of them even bothered to try going for the second chance. If you are focussing on them then it isn't so difficult to read, especially if you spend a little time as a shaman against bots in order to see how it looks from their side since that it the best way to get all the little tells.

BTTrinity
03-09-2018, 02:44 PM
I can't believe that shaman's jaws are so strong they bite through chain mail it's kinda unrealistic cause i can tell you that humans can't bite through chain mail like that.It just goes to show that the armor is more for looks than anything.

While I do hate Shaman and think bite is definitely way to strong for how safe and easy it is to land, I do wanna say THANKFULLY this game is NOT balanced around realism cuz if it were then the Samurai would be useless aside from Shugoki.

Yeah Shamans bite should deal/heal for no more than 30-35 damage/health.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-09-2018, 03:00 PM
But didn't you know? Human teeth are the most formidable weapon ever devised! They can cut right through three layers of steel! Don't believe me? Go try it right now! You'll be surprised!

(Disclaimer: please don't try to bite through steel.)

Kahuf1
03-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Btw shaman bite is guaranted against highlander, when shaman parry highlanders light attack. And honestly, its not such hard to parry turtle attacks...

Make its damage equal to remains poison + maybe 15 HP and heal for the same numbers. Hmm? (i know, too low damage for kids controllers :D)

Archeun
03-09-2018, 10:58 PM
Shaman is a BS character that is unbalanced and deserves every ounce of hate it gets. Ubisoft has released a unbalanced char each major update basically. The new kit builds are designed to make them even more cancerous. Instead of working on fixing the game; they seem dedicated to ensuring it drives off loyal players and makes new players leave immediately due to the gameplay which continues to get more spammy.

Knight_Raime
03-10-2018, 03:36 AM
Btw shaman bite is guaranted against highlander, when shaman parry highlanders light attack. And honestly, its not such hard to parry turtle attacks...

Make its damage equal to remains poison + maybe 15 HP and heal for the same numbers. Hmm? (i know, too low damage for kids controllers :D)

It's not guaranteed on anyone unless she manages to throw them. Don't spread false info.

Also OP it does 40 damage I believe. Which isn't really bad. It's also not hard to dodge. You just need to learn when people are going to attempt.
I dodge it pretty much on any hero I play. even highlander.
Also leave "realistic" expectations at the door. Nothing about for honor is realistic.
every move was hyper telegraphed by theater people in mocap suits to make combat look interesting from a spectator perspective.
The way people parry in this game is not only wrong but very damaging or risky.
it's not even remotely historically accurate.

It's a fantasy fighting game. nothing to it.

DKDridin
03-10-2018, 04:16 AM
It's not guaranteed on anyone unless she manages to throw them. Don't spread false info.

Also OP it does 40 damage I believe. Which isn't really bad. It's also not hard to dodge. You just need to learn when people are going to attempt.
Also leave "realistic" expectations at the door. Nothing about for honor is realistic.
every move was hyper telegraphed by theater people in mocap suits to make combat look interesting from a spectator perspective.

Well centurions health pool is only 110 so taking 40 damage from a single unblockable attack is...a lot.

Knight_Raime
03-10-2018, 04:35 AM
Well centurions health pool is only 110 so taking 40 damage from a single unblockable attack is...a lot.

Most assassins have 120. so. it's a decent amount for a good portion of the cast. it's still not really that bad considering it's her most damaging move and it's not easy to get to.

zcubed
03-10-2018, 08:50 AM
The move itself doesn't belong. Not because it's overpowered, but it just looks stupid. After the pounce (stupid too) the shaman should use her dagger to impale the throat. That would make sense against and armored neck and at least look better.

BarbeQMichael
03-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Also OP it does 40 damage I believe

That it Shugoki's hug, shaman's bite is 50dmg.

Personally I would just like to see the bite being balanced (toned down) to match the shugo hug, if they want to keep it 50dmg then it should be much slower, and deal 50-60 damage to shaman if you dodge it like shugoki's case.

E:and yeah get rid of the instakill on shrek when he is below 25hp

Tyrfing_.
03-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Shugo can attempt to hug whenever he wants. Shaman needs to apply bleed first, and has just a limited time window for the bite - of which everyone is aware! I dont think its easy to pull off at all.
I also hardly ever get bitten, nor am I able to get the bite done myself.

Playing mainly Kensei and assassins I have no issues to deal with an average Shaman.
And the orher turtles dont deserve any better .. ;-)

swiss_soldier_1
03-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Needs to be toned down. In 4v4 with a nobushi is pure cancer

Hormly
03-10-2018, 09:44 PM
I remember when people complained about my headbut.

We were all so young back then

Kahuf1
03-10-2018, 11:42 PM

If im correct, hes bite have 400ms . After shaman parry light attack, here is like 900ms window to make heavy attack guaranted... So i gues, shaman can perform 400ms bite, am I right?
And if im correct, her do 40 damage, but heal the same numbers, so basicly its like 80 damage in 1 hit... still not crazy? What about full stamina regain after perform? Mate, after execution u probably get less HP then 40 and get refill stamina bar... do the same in simple lightningfast move????? RLY???

Btw, Im not mention some sort of "reality" here. I do historical fencing for some time, scenic and free fight and i know parry or even moves here are just game but its not reason to set numbers on such bullpoos...

BigMacShugoking
03-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Because she has AIDS, just like her players.

Baturai
03-11-2018, 03:47 AM
Because Shamans Jaws are Titanium Plated for some Reason xDDDDDDD

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Mu_4SFXXXXbjaXXXq6xXFXXXv/Braces-Halloween-Gold-Plated-Hip-Hop-Teeth-Grillz-Top-Bottom-Grill-Teeth-Grills-Fashion-Drop-shipping.jpg_640x640.jpg

Knight_Raime
03-11-2018, 08:33 AM
If im correct, hes bite have 400ms . After shaman parry light attack, here is like 900ms window to make heavy attack guaranted... So i gues, shaman can perform 400ms bite, am I right?
And if im correct, her do 40 damage, but heal the same numbers, so basicly its like 80 damage in 1 hit... still not crazy? What about full stamina regain after perform? Mate, after execution u probably get less HP then 40 and get refill stamina bar... do the same in simple lightningfast move????? RLY???

Btw, Im not mention some sort of "reality" here. I do historical fencing for some time, scenic and free fight and i know parry or even moves here are just game but its not reason to set numbers on such bullpoos...

No. The bite+ dodge timing is 600ms.
It's still not guaranteed because you can dodge sooner than you can block. Which means bite isn't guaranteed.
Not touching the rest of that.

Never said bite numbers were 100% balanced.

Kahuf1
03-11-2018, 09:07 AM
No. The bite+ dodge timing is 600ms.
It's still not guaranteed because you can dodge sooner than you can block. Which means bite isn't guaranteed.
Not touching the rest of that.

Never said bite numbers were 100% balanced.

Its new for me u can dodge faster then block after light parry... so basicly no heavy is guaranteed agter light parry? U tell me enemy parry ur light and then perform heavy top with 900ms speed and u simply can dodte it? its little bit weird...

Knight_Raime
03-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Its new for me u can dodge faster then block after light parry... so basicly no heavy is guaranteed agter light parry? U tell me enemy parry ur light and then perform heavy top with 900ms speed and u simply can dodte it? its little bit weird...

No. you can still heavy. i'm just saying anytime i've been light parried and they tried to go for the bite I dodged it.

Kahuf1
03-11-2018, 09:24 AM
No. you can still heavy. i'm just saying anytime i've been light parried and they tried to go for the bite I dodged it.

No offence Raime, but u little bit contradicts... u tell bite is 600ms, light parry have 900ms window so HOW U CAN DODGE?

Knight_Raime
03-11-2018, 10:21 AM
No offence Raime, but u little bit contradicts... u tell bite is 600ms, light parry have 900ms window so HOW U CAN DODGE?

If I actually knew why i'd tell you. All I know is it's not guaranteed because I dodge it. I can try to get a clip of me dodging it next time i'm online.

eLhabib
03-11-2018, 10:34 AM
It takes just shy of half of the health bar of a centurion, and is extremely difficult to dodge my experience. Just seems a bit powered And unrealistic. How does a bite cause many times more damage than a body impaling sword wound? It just seems dumb.

So let me get this straight: you‘re mad because your baby centurion isn‘t the most op character anymore? 😂 ltp kid, and believe you me, it only gets harder once you start using one of the samurai characters.

Card1acArrest
03-11-2018, 10:37 AM
storm rush is 35+22 damage and way easier to use in 4v4.

nobushi top heavy with bleed is over 50 damage.

Raider zone and top heavy is still possible on knockdown or what?

the bite is really annoying but you get 2 warnings, the bleed and her tripping to jump.

BarbeQMichael
03-11-2018, 11:02 AM
storm rush is 35+22 damage and way easier to use in 4v4.

nobushi top heavy with bleed is over 50 damage.

Raider zone and top heavy is still possible on knockdown or what?

the bite is really annoying but you get 2 warnings, the bleed and her tripping to jump.

Those are a bit different, storm rush and nobushi heavies are easy to see coming (because they are much slower) and block and even parry, and for the raider combo you need to bee oos AND fail cgb against him, and considering how trivial cgb is that is not gonna happen. Shaman on the other hand just uses 400ms wich is hard to react, very doable (people can parry pk 400ms lights too) but requires good reflexes.

Kahuf1
03-11-2018, 11:11 AM
If I actually knew why i'd tell you. All I know is it's not guaranteed because I dodge it. I can try to get a clip of me dodging it next time i'm online.

I try shaman against bot lvl 3 valk. Shes pretty fast. Try to do maybe 10 predators normaly, she dodge rly a lot of times. Next i do again 10 light parries and then backward dodge predators and 10 fit. Next time I try maybe 5 light parries and forward dodge predator and still 5 times hit...

So im rly curiouse on ur clip.

BTW im not raging etc, i just wanna understand why is here some big guaranteed damage on shaman.

DKDridin
03-11-2018, 09:24 PM
So let me get this straight: you‘re mad because your baby centurion isn‘t the most op character anymore? 😂 ltp kid, and believe you me, it only gets harder once you start using one of the samurai characters.

Haze yourself.

Knight_Raime
03-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Those are a bit different, storm rush and nobushi heavies are easy to see coming (because they are much slower) and block and even parry, and for the raider combo you need to bee oos AND fail cgb against him, and considering how trivial cgb is that is not gonna happen. Shaman on the other hand just uses 400ms wich is hard to react, very doable (people can parry pk 400ms lights too) but requires good reflexes.

Nitpicking here but her bite isn't 400ms. it plus the dodge animation required to start bite makes the attack 600ms total. If it truly was 400ms i'd have no buisness dodging it on reaction so easily. Blocking 400ms attacks is something I have to actively concentrate to do consistently. So there would be no way I would just be able to casually dodge her bite attempts.

RenegadeTX2000
03-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Shaman is fine, just nerf her health a bit.

JadeBosson.
03-12-2018, 02:24 AM
she hasn't had a snickers leading to hunger aka extra damage lol

Soup-Or-Mario
10-20-2018, 06:21 PM
If it stays to be powerful then it should alteast not full kill the opponent or you. Like its already OP just make it so it wont kill us, plus it can be hard to dodge this attack. Ive tried multiple times but only 1 has succeeded.