PDA

View Full Version : Announcement The Division 2 and the Road Ahead

Ubi-Johan
03-08-2018, 06:01 PM
https://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-gb/game/news/tomclancy-thedivision/game/960x540_header_320136.png

Agents!

The Division’s second birthday is finally here! We have been hard at work since the launch of the game and have some news to share with our community. Yes, there is a Division 2 that is currently under development by Massive! The supporting studios that continue to make The Division possible - Red Storm, Reflections, Annecy - will also play roles in The Division 2’s development. More information will be revealed at E3 this year, and we cannot wait to show the world what we have in store!

This does not mean that work on The Division 1 is coming to a halt. We are going to continue supporting the game as players look forward to the following timeline of content:

April - Update 1.8.1, which includes the Xbox One X patch and the implementation of Classified drop rate changes discussed on a previous State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-319580-16/state-of-the-game-february-22nd-2018). We are also introducing two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
May - New Global Event: Onslaught.
June - Update 1.8.2, which will introduce two more Legendary mission modes and bring back Global Event: Outbreak. This update also marks the beginning of the brand new Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2.
July - Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
August - Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
September - Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.

It has been quite the journey so far, and we are just getting started. A huge thank you to our community for the support over the years. Here is to the future of The Division!

/The Division Dev Team

https://preview-static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-gb/game/news/tomclancy-thedivision/game/tctd_theroadahead_edit_320137.jpg

Aftermath21
03-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Please make it like Ghost Recon Wildlands iron-sight/scope aiming style with Rainbow Six Seige proning mechanics.

Ramirenzo
03-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Very happy to hear this, and the updates look great, particularly the shield stuff.

One thing I will say (and I know you've already mentioned this to the press) but please do not pull a Destiny 2 with The Division 2! You've learned a ton of stuff, The Division launched as a buggy, tedious mess and over the years you've turned it into a fun game, but it never really recovered from that problematic launch. Don't do what Bungie did and fail to implement all the cool stuff you learned that makes The Division worth playing today, into The Division 2.

Players will expect a game with a similar quantity of content as The Division at launch, but they'll expect the same quality of content as The Division today.

Demon_King_237
03-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Please don't let such a great game end up like destiny 2
And no shiny trailer real gameplay of alpha build

Sangersss
03-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Wow. What loot will be available with GEs: Blackout and Onslaught? I'm guessing Classified versions of HE and/or Exotics?

strigoi1958
03-09-2018, 12:32 PM
I liked the Division... what killed it was the wasted hours in the hub trying to balance gear.... playing with other players then sitting around while they try to add the stuff they picked up in the last mission :( I stopped playing when I realised 70% of my game time was not playing but either in the hub or waiting for others to come out of the hub. The gameplay was and is great, but the "juggling" and comparison of the positive and negative impact of what an item does, was and is a huge black hole of no fun, in a good action game that could have been an awesome action game.

If the items could only affect 1 thing then it would have meant less time away from the action, example, if gloves only affected electronic... you could instantly decide to equip them or not.

I'm sure some people liked all the hours away from the action in the hub using the profit and debit columns or watching youtube or reading loadouts but for me, I like the shooting, the scavenging and missions but not the hub or the huge amount of game time it drained from the fun. But that is subjective.

I still have Far Cry and Assassin's Creed for action. I'll check out the videos, ubi twitch and ubi podcasts as they roll out but if it looks like it has as much down time from the action as the first then it doesn't have enough fun per hour for me, which is a shame, because I really like the division even though I cannot justify the time it takes to play it.

tpulse-gr
03-09-2018, 02:32 PM
https://preview-static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-gb/game/news/tomclancy-thedivision/game/960x540_header_320136.png

Agents!

The Division’s second birthday is finally here! We have been hard at work since the launch of the game and have some news to share with our community. Yes, there is a Division 2 that is currently under development by Massive! The supporting studios that continue to make The Division possible - Red Storm, Reflections, Annecy - will also play roles in The Division 2’s development. More information will be revealed at E3 this year, and we cannot wait to show the world what we have in store!

This does not mean that work on The Division 1 is coming to a halt. We are going to continue supporting the game as players look forward to the following timeline of content:

April - Update 1.8.1, which includes the Xbox One X patch and the implementation of Classified drop rate changes discussed on a previous State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-319580-16/state-of-the-game-february-22nd-2018). We are also introducing two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
May - New Global Event: Onslaught.
June - Update 1.8.2, which will introduce two more Legendary mission modes and bring back Global Event: Outbreak. This update also marks the beginning of the brand new Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2.
July - Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
August - Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
September - Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.

It has been quite the journey so far, and we are just getting started. A huge thank you to our community for the support over the years. Here is to the future of The Division!

/The Division Dev Team

https://preview-static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-gb/game/news/tomclancy-thedivision/game/tctd_theroadahead_edit_320137.jpg

Hi there!!One question only!But is very important!!We'll keep the progress of our character at division 2??Or everything starts from the beginning....

emrdesign
03-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Its a shame that such a great looking game has become nothing more than just another boring RUN & GUN game. They should have made it a exploring/survival tactical shooter. Also makes me wonder now why Ubisoft / Massive use such high detail game engine for a game where people are only running and gunning and the details are not important. The first ever trailer of the game looked so promising about exploring/surviving, but nothing is left from that game idea.

So I am not going to buy TD2.

Aredian.86
03-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Hi.
I've got one question - Are you going to make some... wish list?
You know, stuff people whanna see in TD2?
(Iron sights, weapon details - calibers, cuz its weird using M4 and AKM with the same ammo <- thats just an example ofc)

Rassall
03-12-2018, 03:04 AM
Quick question, are we gonna get what we see at E3? or are we gonna see a repeat of E3 2013? cause there are times I still wish I got to play THAT game.

Malakye75
03-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Very happy to hear this, and the updates look great, particularly the shield stuff.

One thing I will say (and I know you've already mentioned this to the press) but please do not pull a Destiny 2 with The Division 2! You've learned a ton of stuff, The Division launched as a buggy, tedious mess and over the years you've turned it into a fun game, but it never really recovered from that problematic launch. Don't do what Bungie did and fail to implement all the cool stuff you learned that makes The Division worth playing today, into The Division 2.

Players will expect a game with a similar quantity of content as The Division at launch, but they'll expect the same quality of content as The Division today.

I think i have to disagree with some of your post, i think we should expect both. The Quantity and Quality ( and more of this ) with the launch of TD2. We should not have the little content of the launch of TD1 and they make us buy all similar DLC again. All the DLC game modes should come over with launch. How about a game with no Season Pass. Make a great quality game with tons of content and you will sell more copies. As much as i hate loot boxes, i don't mind the system they have now, all cosmetics. That is fine by me.

But i do totally agree a D2 better not be pulled, which is why i feel giving us all that content from Day 1 in TD2 would be a great and showing us to have faith in them.

Malakye75
03-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Not sure if a Developer from Ubisoft will read this but I hope they do,

Here would be the things I would like to see brought back and change in The Division 2 that would be most important, I know I will leave some things out but assume they are basic features and will be brought over. - IMO ( I am sure I will not have everyone agree ) :

1. A Big #1 – Fix all the current bugs that plague TD1
2. As a show of good faith in your customers and your game, all current game modes ( Survival , Skirmish, Underground, Resistance & Last Stand ) should be implemented. Don’t follow Destiny 2 and basically make us buy another DLC Season Pass for the same things. This would be a big move in a world of Season Pass and Lootbox.
3. Field Proficiency Caches should be brought back and should include some Division Tech.
4. Division Tech for optimizing is a good system, bring it back.
5. All missions in The Division 2 should have all levels of difficulty, not just 3 missions with Legendary.
6. Maybe increase max stash size to 175 – 200
a. Be able to have loadouts set in the stash as well, keep the 6 you have on your person but be able to have some other loadouts ready to pull out of stash.
7. Division Tech should be able to be collected in Open World and Underground and what may be the next “ Dark Zone”. I would be fine with the DZ giving more but don’t force players to go into DZ for a Div. Tech run, I enjoy the DZ but once in a while like a Rogue free experience.
8. Maybe make some sort of stamina system in DZ or fix animations so players can’t do the so called “chicken dance” move to avoid damage, it just seems cheap.
9. Have some sort of DZ open world area ( or call it something different ) that is PVE only but would give good drops and Div. Tech , you can make the NPC’s at Legendary Difficulty but give some good rewards – or I guess this could be the main open world but make a special Tier to make it that much harder and gives these better drops.
a. Within this harder Tier or other area have the Hunters show up at random. This is a cool feature in Underground.
10. This is probably one of the bigger topics that would be divided but balance out weapons, I love shotguns in action games but feel they are not that relevant in this game – unless you run that 6 pc. Striker or maybe the Lonestar.
11. Bring back the HVT
12. From launch have Global Events
13. Revamp of the some Talents, a few of them seem very useless at end game.
14. I enjoy the Cypher Key System, keep that.

I know I am probably leaving some things out but off the top of my head these are some concerns / wishes / hopes. Hopefully we will hear of the process as its being made and feedback is welcome.
Ubisoft…. ( Eyes on you Emote ) .. .Right here…. Please, Please, Please don’t pull the BS that Destiny 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 pulled.

slybentley33
03-14-2018, 03:15 PM
it would be nice if there were a timed search and rescue mission in Central Park. At the end of the mission, you have to get out of the park only by a helicopter that awaits you and your team, of course, you have to take out the NPC's and bosses. Killing the bosses will grant you more time to escape

Malakye75
03-14-2018, 06:31 PM
Not sure if a Developer from Ubisoft will read this but I hope they do,

Here would be the things I would like to see brought back and change in The Division 2 that would be most important, I know I will leave some things out but assume they are basic features and will be brought over. - IMO ( I am sure I will not have everyone agree ) :

1. A Big #1 – Fix all the current bugs that plague TD1
2. As a show of good faith in your customers and your game, all current game modes ( Survival , Skirmish, Underground, Resistance & Last Stand ) should be implemented. Don’t follow Destiny 2 and basically make us buy another DLC Season Pass for the same things. This would be a big move in a world of Season Pass and Lootbox.
3. Field Proficiency Caches should be brought back and should include some Division Tech.
4. Division Tech for optimizing is a good system, bring it back.
5. All missions in The Division 2 should have all levels of difficulty, not just 3 missions with Legendary.
6. Maybe increase max stash size to 175 – 200
a. Be able to have loadouts set in the stash as well, keep the 6 you have on your person but be able to have some other loadouts ready to pull out of stash.
7. Division Tech should be able to be collected in Open World and Underground and what may be the next “ Dark Zone”. I would be fine with the DZ giving more but don’t force players to go into DZ for a Div. Tech run, I enjoy the DZ but once in a while like a Rogue free experience.
8. Maybe make some sort of stamina system in DZ or fix animations so players can’t do the so called “chicken dance” move to avoid damage, it just seems cheap.
9. Have some sort of DZ open world area ( or call it something different ) that is PVE only but would give good drops and Div. Tech , you can make the NPC’s at Legendary Difficulty but give some good rewards – or I guess this could be the main open world but make a special Tier to make it that much harder and gives these better drops.
a. Within this harder Tier or other area have the Hunters show up at random. This is a cool feature in Underground.
10. This is probably one of the bigger topics that would be divided but balance out weapons, I love shotguns in action games but feel they are not that relevant in this game – unless you run that 6 pc. Striker or maybe the Lonestar.
11. Bring back the HVT
12. From launch have Global Events
13. Revamp of the some Talents, a few of them seem very useless at end game.
14. I enjoy the Cypher Key System, keep that.

I know I am probably leaving some things out but off the top of my head these are some concerns / wishes / hopes. Hopefully we will hear of the process as its being made and feedback is welcome.
Ubisoft…. ( Eyes on you Emote ) .. .Right here…. Please, Please, Please don’t pull the BS that Destiny 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 pulled.

Adding on to this :

I assume a Rogue system will be in place, i think 2.0 is a fairly good system but it needs some tweaks that i have noticed as exploits.

If you die in a Manhunt but other group members survive, the person who was killed should not be allowed to join that particular manhunt again.
Often a group i am in might drop 2 or 3 of the members of a Manhunt, last guy runs off and keeps running until they join up again and get back to full strength. This should be the challenge of a Manhunt, survive the whole way.

If a person goes Rogue , other people should not be able to join that group. I only say this because i see people killing friends, getting to a Manhunt level, then they join that group so they are all on a Manhunt - this ties in with the comment above.

I know people will think i'm complaining but i do enjoy the DZ and have seen some great players rock a Manhunt and i have seen others exploit the crap out of it who really didn't deserve the rewards.

H420_Obersmith
03-16-2018, 11:14 AM
one CRUCIAL thing to please add to Division 2. ANTI CHEAT ENGINE!

Natfrog
03-20-2018, 01:44 AM
This only came about when PvP came in to play. Balance for PvP is not welcomed in the PvE mode. They need to seperate PvP completely and any changes made to PvP should NEVER be pushed to PvE because it's not "balanced" against other agents. The sentry turret NURF was stupid in PvE. It wasn't strong then and it's not strong now. I see agents dropping enemies left and right and my turret barely drops 1 enemy with me shooting it while a single other agent drops like 3 guys. This in my mind isn't balanced when I'm fully spec'd into using a turret. It's just not good balance.

Natfrog
03-20-2018, 02:03 AM
In tD2 please don't add sets to specific skill mods but the universal skill. I feel like active sensor doesn't really have a real buffing set. It would be amazing if the sentry set was ACTUALLY for the sentry turret skill.
Also stop doing a MASS nerf on a total category. If balance is needed change one thing and let the entire community test it out and if it is still in a bad place after a few weeks tone it down a little bit more. The Turret nerf for example was WAY to harsh. It already has low damage and is very easy to avoid and yet you still killed it's damage with the skill power blanket nerf when certain skills were already in a bad place even with 450k skill power. Sure sticky bomb needed to be toned down and seeker mine air bust but the other skills did not need the reduction. If anything they needed a buff and honestly they still do. If you cannot use a skill in legendary mode spec'd completely into a stat without a certain specific set the skill is not good enough. A set should make you godly and honestly some skills are good but others are not. Mobile cover for instance melts WAY to fast when absorbing an attack from a few legendary heavies. If the skill is unusable it needs better balance. If the Time to Kill is MUCH lower when using an offensive skill power fully spec'd into skill power than an exotic weapon fully spec'd into fire arms then it needs a rebalance.

slybentley33
03-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Just Global Events and current missions updated to Legendary? Why can't we get new missions?

RushLoongHammer
03-30-2018, 12:18 AM
Just Global Events and current missions updated to Legendary? Why can't we get new missions?

Most of the team is probably making Division 2 and all they way through year 1, he devs said, paraphrasing, they didn't know that people wanted more story content.
I'm also assuming they expected the DZ to be the oull of the game.
PvP is much easier and cheaper to make than PvE content.
PvP in essence is throwing people in a box and have them interact whereas PvE is NPC AI, Scripting, voice acting, animation, narrative tie ins, ect.

This is probably why there isn;t more story missions.
Personally I was expecting a new story mission every atleast every 2 months.

BIGMUMMA2
03-31-2018, 01:42 AM
I would like to see all matching gear sets grouped together in stash and inventory

Sweden04122
04-07-2018, 11:06 AM
I have one question You will do something

royal1688-th (http://royal1688-th.net/)

Larz1695
04-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Can't say I'm happy about a sequel. It was a disaster for Destiny and it will likely be a disaster here as well. WoW never needed a sequel. Why does Destiny or The Division? Answer: They don't. (See Everquest 2 for why this is a bad idea.)

guest-GY1gQGhP
04-12-2018, 05:24 PM
One of the things that was a huge sour note when I played Destiny 2 was losing all of my previous loot and progress. Although it seemed fine at the time. It quickly became an issue because nothing that replaced that lost loot was as good, useful or powerful as the gear I had lost.

Given that Division 2 is going to be effectively a new story. I'm not sure how that is going to engage me to want to invest any real time into it. There will always be the same nagging voice in the back of my head, that now screams whenever I think of playing Destiny 2 again. That voice is the one that says "Why bother investing in this game when everything is likely going to go away again for the next one?"

Games like Division follow the destiny formula of having a game that is effectively a service we keep using. A sequel does not really fit into that model as you are losing the investment you made in the series with each new game. New stories and new locations make sense. Following Keller thus forcing a loss of gear and change of location makes sense. Uncovering a larger conspiracy thus changing the story makes sense. Starting a new agent because...well because! Does not make any sense.

I don't mind losing the gear sets as they stand because they do need some adjustment but, I don't really see why that necessitates losing my agent too. If anything it makes no sense because those gear sets will still exist within the game otherwise you end up with a huge hole in the games story and continuity.

Anyhoo I'm liking the Division a lot (I'm a day one player) so I'll wait to see what is revealed at E3. Hopefully D2 isn't the same nuke it all nonsense that was Destiny 2.

wolfomega
04-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Just as a heads up, Survival mode and a strickly PVP mode should be in the game at launch, not as DLC. this is comming from a season pass owner, this is so you can make substatual DLC that actually EXPANDS the game instead of adding features that feel like they where tacked on. Finally, Make sure that the game has a good bit of things to do.

Pegb51
04-24-2018, 06:01 PM
The Division, for me, is a great game and I still play it now but unfortunately for me I do not have muche time to play and I lose much playtime in my inventory or my stach chasing the gear to be sold or destroyed, selecting the good gearset etc...

I think it would be great, in TD 1 and obviously for TD 2, for the player to be able to manage his inventory from the website with his profile.
Now we have stats with number of kills, percentage of progression of the campaign....

But what if we could access our inventory and stach to select the items we need, mark items to be destroyed or sold, create builds, select wheapon or character skins.....?

That would give the player who does not have many time to play the opportunity to manage his character "offline" away from home or away from his console or pc and then let him fully enjoy the playtime after.

What do you think of this idea ???

Thanks for your answers...

Grouchybeast
04-24-2018, 11:10 PM
Be nice if the first game ****ing worked first!!?? 10 deltas in 2 hrs

Filthje_NL
06-02-2018, 12:09 PM
please make sure you do something against hackers otherwise I do not even think about buying it
i play with Striker 6pcs 9k stamina full crit chance and damage 140% and even with 100 stack's still dead after 2 bullits

MaxwellSmart086
06-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Wasn't there talk of having an 1.8.3 update also? After Sept. what are the plans for the game? Any idea when the beta trail is coming out? :-)

Max