PDA

View Full Version : Just want to say thank you

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 05:57 PM
So... Almost all my posts since FC2 have been extremely negative. Shocking, isn't it? Lol Anyways there are a lot of positives that deserve attention so I want to say thank you for these things.

To the developers, in particular those who work on the IGE but those who work on SP too: You guys simply do an incredible job. Thank you for your hard work

To the community and particularly the more prominent mappers like Dapper, Fallen and the guy who posts the robots who's name I can't remember: You guys are just ridiculously talented. Thank you for sharing your maps

To the community managers who have had it tough over the years: I know you guys are just doing as your told and I'm sure if you could you'd tell us everything lol. Thank you for putting up with me all these years and getting us whatever info you possibly could.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 06:06 PM
So... Almost all my posts since FC2 have been extremely negative. Shocking, isn't it? Lol Anyways there are a lot of positives that deserve attention so I want to say thank you for these things.

To the developers, in particular those who work on the IGE but those who work on SP too: You guys simply do an incredible job. Thank you for your hard work

To the community and particularly the more prominent mappers like Dapper, Fallen and the guy who posts the robots who's name I can't remember: You guys are just ridiculously talented. Thank you for sharing your maps

To the community managers who have had it tough over the years: I know you guys are just doing as your told and I'm sure if you could you'd tell us everything lol. Thank you for putting up with me all these years and getting us whatever info you possibly could.

Lol im the guy who makes the robots. thanks for the compliment :)

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Lol im the guy who makes the robots. thanks for the compliment :)

No problem ;) You're a great mapper and I took you up on your suggestion to warm up in the FC4 editor. Ended up making an outpost I'm rather proud of.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 06:19 PM
No problem ;) You're a great mapper and I took you up on your suggestion to warm up in the FC4 editor. Ended up making an outpost I'm rather proud of.

It's good to have a warm up ready :) we should feel at home in the fc5 editor, seems like the fc5 editor (same UI) is just like the fc4 editor but on a high dose of steroids.

akilyoung
03-09-2018, 03:59 PM
But why are you still constantly complaining?

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 04:53 PM
I can't appreciate the efforts of people and dislike the final result at the same time? I HATE this lobby system! It's only marginally better than FC3s. And don't give me that "but you haven't tried it yet!" bs. I can do math. If I play FC 40 hours a week in public lobbies I will play my map 10-15 times on a good week. Those numbers are simply atrocious.

In FC2 I could achieve the same amount of plays in 2.5 hours. Add in another 2.5 for other peoples maps. 5 hours on one single day off and I've played my map a reasonable amount of times AND other peoples maps as well. FC5 on average will require me to play far FAR more of other peoples maps before ever playing mine.

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 03:12 PM
I can't appreciate the efforts of people and dislike the final result at the same time? I HATE this lobby system! It's only marginally better than FC3s. And don't give me that "but you haven't tried it yet!" bs. I can do math. If I play FC 40 hours a week in public lobbies I will play my map 10-15 times on a good week. Those numbers are simply atrocious.

In FC2 I could achieve the same amount of plays in 2.5 hours. Add in another 2.5 for other peoples maps. 5 hours on one single day off and I've played my map a reasonable amount of times AND other peoples maps as well. FC5 on average will require me to play far FAR more of other peoples maps before ever playing mine.

This comment is absolute BS.

You CANT do the math, and you have NOT tried the new system. You have NO idea how it ACTUALLY works and the amount of times youll play your maps. I was instructed not to say anything else about the MP. So I wont. But Chill girl. You have no clue, and wont until you play it.

usmovers_02
03-10-2018, 05:14 PM
This topic was supposed to be positive so I won't continue this discussion here

JodoKast1221
03-11-2018, 07:56 PM
I too want to say thank you to everyone involved in making the Far Cry 5 Arcade and Map Editor. If everything I have been reading is true then you guys have finally gotten it right and I couldn't be more excited! I entered the Far Cry community when I rented Far Cry 2 for the weekend from my local Video Rental Store back in 2008. I think I played about 10 minutes of the single player game before shutting it off and cursing my decision to rent it. I later came back to the map editor and that weekend fell in love with map creation. After returning the rental game I went out and purchased Far Cry 2 solely for the map editor. I didn't even try to play multiplayer for close to a year because I was so into just building maps but then I started playing online and was hooked ever since.. Its now 8+ years later and while I have purchased and played the single player for Far Cry 3 and 4 I hardly spent anytime in the map editor and always returned to Far Cry 2 to build maps and play them online. Far Cry 2 multiplayer and map creation has been my mainstay game for close to a decade. The recent news must be fate at work because my PS3 recently bit the dust and I have been going through hardcore Far Cry 2 withdrawal! I was planning on buying Far Cry 5 for the single player experience but was going to replace my PS3 with an X-BOX ONE because I could download Far Cry 2 for it and its not available for PS4 download. Now with the news of the Far Cry 5 Arcade and Map Editor I have come to terms with and accepted the loss of Far Cry 2 and can place all my focus on Far Cry 5 played on my newly purcahsed PS4. I cant wait!

usmovers_02
03-12-2018, 06:24 AM
Whelp! I took the plunge. Not just on the base game but on the future of the game as well: The DLC. Of the 3 numbered entries Ubisoft has been responsible for they've proven to be willing to change the lobby system for 1/3rd of them. Not terrible odds. I'm willing to bet we'll see some form of changes to this one within a month or two. The upside for FC5s MP is substantially higher than FC3s, lobby system and all, and obviously infinitely higher than FC4.

Sknipester
03-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Whelp! I took the plunge. Not just on the base game but on the future of the game as well: The DLC. Of the 3 numbered entries Ubisoft has been responsible for they've proven to be willing to change the lobby system for 1/3rd of them. Not terrible odds. I'm willing to bet we'll see some form of changes to this one within a month or two. The upside for FC5s MP is substantially higher than FC3s, lobby system and all, and obviously infinitely higher than FC4.

There is still a chance we will see something like player controller/hosted lobbies with match options. If I see this I'll be making the purchase no doubt... because than I can make my 12 player escape maps yay!