PDA

View Full Version : Devs we need clarity on the mp map lobby system.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Since there seems to be so much confusion and mixed messages about the mp custom map lobby system, can the devs layout how it works in simple terms. the only people i would like to see answer this is the devs. theres way too much confusion, this guy says this, that guy say that, all we need is clarity :) please. UPDATE from dev below, thanks florent.

DapperHayden007
03-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Since there seems to be so much confusion and mixed messages about the mp custom map lobby system, can the devs layout how it works in simple facts. the only people i would like to see answer this is the devs. theres way way too much confusion, this guy says this, that guy say that, all we need is clarity :) please.

Florent has just detailed it :)

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Florent has just detailed it :)

Where?

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Where?
From Florent's post.

Hello,

A quick update on this, as there seems to be some confusion about how maps can be picked / played.

In a public lobby, after a map is completed, once all 12 players get back to the lobby, 3 of them are selected to pick 1 map each. Those players can bring any map to the lobby: by default the featured maps will be displayed, but you can filter what's on screen and choose to see only your favorites, or your published, etc. Once those 3 players are done, or the timer ran out, then all players vote for the map they want to play. There are the 3 maps picked by players, a suggestion from the Arcade, and the Replay option.

A few things about the voting, and how to bring your map forward during that time:
- as mentioned by someone else in this thread, if you're in a party (up to 6 players) you can ask the entire party to vote for your map, i.e. you have half the votes on that map, and a very good chance to play it
- also, if you're in a party, your friends can pick your map by having favorited it earlier (on the website or directly in the Arcade), so that they can find it easily when it's their turn to pick
- there's voice chat, so you can ask other players in the lobby to pick your map
- if your map is part of the great ones, it might even be featured, giving it even more visibility!

And if you just want to test your map out with friends, before updating it in the next version you publish, or play a private match with 11 friends, private lobbies are the way to go!

The goal with this system is to provide something that is fair to everyone: players and map makers.
With this, map makers have ways to get their own maps played by the community.
But it also allows players to enter lobbies and not be forced on a list of maps by other players without having a word to say about it.

We understand that some of you might not find this solution ideal, but it's the one we feel will be fair to the largest amount of players and map makers.
Hope this answer clarifies how the system works!

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 04:26 PM

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 04:38 PM
It looks like the private lobby is the best option for mappers. just get a gang of 12 mappers with a selection of maps each, job done. but i have one question, do maps played in private have stats counted towards them like in a public lobby? if i rate a map in private will it record stats?

DapperHayden007
03-08-2018, 04:48 PM
They are not forced, they decide to join or not to join. Its a choice.
As it is everyone is forced to play sh1t maps.

There's a saying, don't knock it until you try it, theres concerns, if it doesn't work as planned, ubi will work on a fix im sure.

Lobby browsers are LONG gone for the majority of AAA games, searching for a good host could be as time consuming as playing until you get a good map, not to mention they can just stop hosting at some point, then you have to look for more hosts.

Not to mention the time it usually takes to get a match going when hosting!

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Ugh. It's even worse than I understood.

A) It's not a 1 in 3 chance of your map being picked when you get to choose, it's 1 in 5.

B) The general attitude seems to be f loners. Join a club or your f'd. Have friends or your f'd.

In another topic I did the math and came to the conclusion that if you play about 40 hours a week then on average you'll play your own map 13-20 times. I was wrong the number is much lower due to 1-5 odds and then if you factor in people like me who don't want to be part of a club and have no friends then that number drops even further because now I have to compete with parties and not just individuals.

PLEASE Ubisoft get rid of the arcade option and the replay option! If we want to choose an arcade map then we will when it's our turn to select. If we want to replay a map then we'll select that map.