PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Basic Attacks not getting blocked

Xil_h
03-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Hello!

I have noticed an issue where Basic attacks like Lights and Heavys, especially Heavies won't get blocked even though you have your guard in the correct direction.
It happend for me on reflex guard aswell as on simple guard.

Two examples i had last night:
- Using Nobushi i blocked to the left. The first attack from that side got blocked, the second (a heavy) then went through the guard!
- Again Nobushi, i got attacked by a Lawb(raker)inger and blocked his attack, the moment i blocked it an Orochi attacked from another side. But i was in the All-Sides-Guard the moment the attack connected, still i got hit and killed.

- Other examples happend while playing my Berzerker, basically it was the same. I block the correct side in the correct moment and still get hit.

I had no ping, latency or whatever issues during those games.

Anyone else noticed issues with guard not working properly?

Greetings

SpaceJim12
03-08-2018, 12:05 PM
On PC we have broken guard at all. After S5 start there are no any chance to block attacks in gunk situation. All that reach you from back and sides are 50% chance to go through you guard.
Saw same problems with Kensei light.

Muitcha-melodia
03-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Same page here as well (PC). Before servers were up I had this issue when facing red nat players, but most of the time they connected the hit before the animation ends. Now it does happen quite as often using heroes with regular guard and reflex guard, but the animation goes as it should be, 😾
Maybe thatís the reason people are leaving, itís not about reaction times, it is the game not functioning properly, I hope they fix it and bring some sort of lag compensation soon, because the servers are nowhere close to what we had on the dedicated servers test.

Card1acArrest
03-08-2018, 12:19 PM
safer to just wait and Parry then?

i had a similar experience yesterday. Orochi.

A Cent would start a heavy attack, i dodge attacked, he feinted into GB successfully. 3 times in a row. So his timing was very good to GB me at dodge attack start up.

So after learning that I held back on the side dodge until his attack was committed. Fair enuff.

DoodTheMan
03-08-2018, 04:56 PM
I've had a guy attack 3 times from the same direction and had the 3rd one go through despite it not being unblockable and me not changing my guard at all.