PDA

View Full Version : Endless possibilities with 9000 objects

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Imagine what we can do with 9000 objects, below is a custom mech i made in the fc4 editor on xb1, i only used 14 objects, now imagine what we can all create with 9000 objects, it's mind boggling. endless different themes. imo theres nothing that cant be made in the fc5 editor. roll on 27th.
https://krrleq.by3301.livefilestore.com/y4mTVJzqWEMO7ZpR9MlQj0QOcUjAyCJpfDkN6HPZR6j8CB1orj yR_b5bWVtF_OSN_Ym2Kz9U3IJnKmoOq_NnXadWkHDWFSHaBgqh Fi2HtvxFJIQH2vZ_QT9KYvy1sn-1xiqlyAYtkQGePcmoFO_vXsPnrI0_d4TNLuzXaDUXN3FDQWImZ QEIo6uKO3WEralRUr4nzs0n66-I6TCVP1ENpdc9g?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Because of the way the fc5 lobby systems is, 70% of my maps will be sp or co-op, i wont invest too much of my time with mp maps, unless they improve the hosting system. i will just work with the system i have in front of me.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 10:37 AM
If i had to take a guess, i would say ubisoft will do something to improve the mp lobby system over the coming months. they seem on the ball this time.

Brimtown
03-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Oh I agree, its ok for putting single player maps out there but with no hosting playlists the MP will be a complete failure (again).

The problem in MP since FC3 has always been that the ability to host your own playlist of 15 maps was removed by some evil person and mappers were confined and imprisoned by a rigid crap lobby system that limited exposure.

The IGE looks fantastic, really awesome, and then the lobby system is just to play random crap maps 90% of the time. Its farcical.

Um, you can still host your own playlist for your maps on a private server for your friends. And you can still publish your map so that other people can search for it and download it.

emrdesign
03-08-2018, 02:05 PM
What most mappers want is a public platform to show their maps to the world. And with the current lobby system each map will be lucky to get seen by a handful of players which will be a load of bollocks and a waste of time.

Thats why I created FarCry5maps.com, so people can show off the maps they create, get it reviewed, review and rate other maps themselves, leave comments, show pictures and videos of it and there will also be an extended search and filter possibilities to find the maps you like to play.

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Oh I agree, its ok for putting single player maps out there but with no hosting playlists the MP will be a complete failure (again).

The problem in MP since FC3 has always been that the ability to host your own playlist of 15 maps was removed by some evil person and mappers were confined and imprisoned by a rigid crap lobby system that limited exposure.

The IGE looks fantastic, really awesome, and then the lobby system is just to play random crap maps 90% of the time. Its farcical.

I was starting to think I was the only one who thought that around here. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for those who are still excited for the game. It's just that for me SP and Co-op map making holds zero interest. PvP is where it's at for me and that's yet again a joke.

If i had to take a guess, i would say ubisoft will do something to improve the mp lobby system over the coming months. they seem on the ball this time.

They seem on the ball? They've literally done the same thing with FC5 that they've done since FC2. They don't talk to us, they announce the editor at the very last second, they give us an incredibly powerful map editor and then they severely hamper it with a terrible lobby system (FC2 didn't launch with that beautiful system).

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Its not 9k asset, its actually around 10k currently. With more to be added for free in coming 6 asset packs.

And you guys, rest assured, youll need to get your hands on the MP to understand fully how it works. Think of it as a democracy instead of a dictatorship. You CAN set up lobbies and select maps, but the group in the lobby votes for them to play, instead of forcing a specific map. Theres a pretty good chance youll get to play your maps publicly, cause I think there are only 3 choices to choose from each time?

And if you set up a private lobby, you have control over the playlist. Just set it up, and invite youre friend online to join the lobby, you send them the key and they can join and are locked with you, and wont get booted like in FC3.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Its not 9k asset, its actually around 10k currently. With more to be added for free in coming 6 asset packs.

And you guys, rest assured, youll need to get your hands on the MP to understand fully how it works. Think of it as a democracy instead of a dictatorship. You CAN set up lobbies and select maps, but the group in the lobby votes for them to play, instead of forcing a specific map. Theres a pretty good chance youll get to play your maps publicly, cause I think there are only 3 choices to choose from each time?

And if you set up a private lobby, you have control over the playlist. Just set it up, and invite youre friend online to join the lobby, you send them the key and they can join and are locked with you, and wont get booted like in FC3.

So we can set up some kind of lobby with a playlist of our maps? so if i set up a public lobby with say 5 of my maps, will these be the only ones available to vote on or are other random maps added to my playlist without my say?

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 04:17 PM
You join a game and 3 people are chosen randomly.
If there are only 4 in the game (which is the minimum I think) then 3 out of those 4 will randomly be picked, they have a set time to select a map each they want to play.

So they can go to their Favorite Maps, or to their Published Maps or into the Browser (think Far Cry 4 things like Top Maps for X Mode, Featured Maps or you can search by author or by map)
It is in your interests to add maps to Favorites that would make sense I will be doing this so I can find maps quickly every time.

If you do not pick a map quick enough then it will select one for you - So 3 maps are selected and it will show up the images of the maps with details and then everyone in that game then has a set length of time to vote for the map they want to play.

When the map finishes I think you can do the usual so like / rate it (however it works) Add to fave possibly.
Then it repeats again 3 people are randomly chosen so if you have a full match with 12 people three are picked - they select a map if they want they can all select the same one, then everyone votes on which they want to play that's how it works.

If you have a team of 6 and someone else has a team of 6 you can all go into one game 6 v 6 via a password, one sends the password and then everyone in that team of 6 go into the game with the other 6 and then the same rules apply as above so 3 are randomly chosen you get to pick only one map each then everyone votes for the map you want to play.

If people can communicate then there is no reason why they can't play the maps they want in the order they want, you can stay in the game as long as you want.
It means communication to get the best out of the system, hell once a fortnight we can maybe say lets get 12 together and we will have a session on this persons maps and will play their whole catalog of maps and then do a spotlight on that person, it will be months after launch but is something people could do.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 04:51 PM

So my 9k number was too low, lol it's one of those times when it's nice to be wrong :)

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 06:18 PM

And you guys, rest assured, youll need to get your hands on the MP to understand fully how it works. Think of it as a democracy instead of a dictatorship.

A democracy where 1 in 4 matches I have a 1 in 5 (don't forget the forced options of 1 arcade and replay) chance of getting picked. Make those odds even smaller if anybody in the lobby is part of a party.

akilyoung
03-09-2018, 03:57 PM
A democracy where 1 in 4 matches I have a 1 in 5 (don't forget the forced options of 1 arcade and replay) chance of getting picked. Make those odds even smaller if anybody in the lobby is part of a party.

Im NOT saying this is how it works, however, you want to make your chances BETTER?

Make a really good map, that gets rated high, and take a REALLY good thumbnail pic.

People pics maps based on how the thumbnail looks, and how its rated...just saying itll be on of the critical things to think about!

Sknipester
03-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Another problem with this system is the time it will take you to choose a map to be voted on. What happens when you amass a collection of hundreds of hundreds if not thousands of maps and you like all of them? It will pick a random map for you every time.

Damn. We really need to have player hosted lobbies. This is not even up for debate. I'll be boycotting until then.

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Im NOT saying this is how it works, however, you want to make your chances BETTER?

Make a really good map, that gets rated high, and take a REALLY good thumbnail pic.

People pics maps based on how the thumbnail looks, and how its rated...just saying itll be on of the critical things to think about!

I appreciate this advice, however photography is a passion of mine. I'm really good at thumbnails ;)