PDA

View Full Version : Guard break - shaman and kenshi

Kelson27
03-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Ok, so this has happened a couple times now. I was starting to think you simply couldnít get a guard break in off a dodge light attack anymore, so many shaman players are using them as openers, I was almost 100% sure you used to. Iíll go for the gb and simply bounce off them and eat a light. This has happened so much Iíve assumed itís the case now.

However Iím playing as an orochi, and this shaman is getting a gb on me for a dodge attack, exactly as I had been returning serve before. Right now it feels like I eat heavies and they get free lights...

Anyone else getting this? Or could shed some light if more experienced and itís something Iím unaware of?

Knight_Raime
03-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Light attacks can be Gbed in startup. as can attacks that are called safe like centurions, aramusha's, and glads heavies. It's just a VERY tight window of 100ms.

Kelson27
03-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Same with the dodge attacks? I used to get these guys with a gb every time but it just ainít happening at the moment. Could be something iffy with the server drop, maybe teething problems. A couple regular light and heavy attacks are also getting through a standard block the last couple games.

Knight_Raime
03-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Same with the dodge attacks? I used to get these guys with a gb every time but it just ain’t happening at the moment. Could be something iffy with the server drop, maybe teething problems. A couple regular light and heavy attacks are also getting through a standard block the last couple games.

Well. I'm not sure with dodge attacks. as when you GB someone with that you're usually GBing them mid dodge before the attack starts. but it could be possible. idk.

Kelson27
03-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Ah I see. That's the specific attack I'm talking about. when they are going for a straight dodge attack - not in response of anything, I'm bouncing off them with my gb and taking a light. Against Kensei I managed to reproduce it a good few times in brawl matches, and tonight I'm noticing it against Shaman (cause she's everywhere right now). However, same move back and I'm the one taking the gb.

Knight_Raime
03-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Ah I see. That's the specific attack I'm talking about. when they are going for a straight dodge attack - not in response of anything, I'm bouncing off them with my gb and taking a light. Against Kensei I managed to reproduce it a good few times in brawl matches, and tonight I'm noticing it against Shaman (cause she's everywhere right now). However, same move back and I'm the one taking the gb.

If you're bouncing off a person when attempting to GB it means you've missed the window to be able to GB them during their attack. So this is one of 2 things here. If you can indeed GB someone during a dodge attack then it's a simple matter of your timing being off (since you claim you're being GBed out of a dodge attack.) OR there is some connection problem. In where even though on your screen you looked like you were in the beginning of the attack it wasn't that way for your opponent. and the server decided in favor of your opponent.

Alustar.
03-08-2018, 04:12 PM
First, shaman doesn't have a dodge light, her's is a heavy. Do my knowledge there aren't many light attacks that you can GB through anyway, as they are going to be so fast. I use lights frequently to prevent a predicted GB because of this fact.
Her dodge heavies can be GB, but as Raime said, you need to get it in during the start up animation.

VeniVidiViciBra
03-08-2018, 06:35 PM
I get a GB quite a bit against kensei during their dodge attack. That's as a Lawbro right after a shove so it happens pretty fast

Kelson27
03-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Yeah I used to get them before the servers kicked in, might wait for them to stabilise a bit, sounds like nothingís changed, they just ainít happening. Thanks all.