PDA

View Full Version : Hit through block; proof of reflex guard block delay

PepsiBeastin
03-08-2018, 05:44 AM
There should really be ZERO delay between the game detecting guard input, and it actually turning guard on.

https://i.gyazo.com/aa77f63c915e5a765fdbefd3d6b37e9a.mp4

Kelson27
03-08-2018, 07:54 AM
Definitely. This one has been on my Wishlist for a very long time.

Knight_Raime
03-08-2018, 10:01 AM
link doesn't work.
also yes. assassins don't block when instantly switching. it's not a bug it's a feature.
if they could instantly block they'ed be a lot stronger than they already are.

Currently you can't instant parry as a static guard hero. but you can instant block.
This is why you can say get storm rushed by an orochi but have your static guard up top and block his follow up top light even though you're still recovering from the hit of storm rush.

On the flip side assassins can't block instantly. But they can parry instantly. This is why they were able to parry things that shouldn't have been parryable like wardens crushing counter. And why they can parry some things before recovering completely. Though i'll be honest i'm not sure if that's possible anymore. which is fine. because assassins shouldn't be able to be just as good as a normal hero when it comes to defending. I do think they should allow assassins to be able to dodge sooner though. that way they could attempt to deflect certain moves. but they'ed be at risk of either eating the hit if miss timed. OR they could be baited into the dodge and get GBed for free.

XJadeDragoonX
03-08-2018, 02:53 PM
They should be able to block instantly. It's a block. And some moves can't be dodged or deflected out of. Like aramusha combo for example.

PepsiBeastin
03-08-2018, 06:41 PM
link doesn't work.
also yes. assassins don't block when instantly switching. it's not a bug it's a feature.
if they could instantly block they'ed be a lot stronger than they already are.

Currently you can't instant parry as a static guard hero. but you can instant block.
This is why you can say get storm rushed by an orochi but have your static guard up top and block his follow up top light even though you're still recovering from the hit of storm rush.

On the flip side assassins can't block instantly. But they can parry instantly. This is why they were able to parry things that shouldn't have been parryable like wardens crushing counter. And why they can parry some things before recovering completely. Though i'll be honest i'm not sure if that's possible anymore. which is fine. because assassins shouldn't be able to be just as good as a normal hero when it comes to defending. I do think they should allow assassins to be able to dodge sooner though. that way they could attempt to deflect certain moves. but they'ed be at risk of either eating the hit if miss timed. OR they could be baited into the dodge and get GBed for free.

https://gyazo.com/aa77f63c915e5a765fdbefd3d6b37e9a
This is another link to the gif. I highly doubt it's an intended feature for there to be a delay on only assassin blocking, but if it is then the hit recovery for dodging needs to be sped up for assassins only. Even with the slower guard, you can still block before you can dodge.

Baturai
03-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Assassin Guard sucks.