PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated servers started out good but...

SwellChemosabe
03-08-2018, 02:51 AM
not so much anymore. first three games i played were all good and well, no resyncs no disconnects or lag.

after that it's been down hill. can't get into a single game without experiencing severe lag, on a scale i'd never experienced anywhere, and disconnecting from (and i am not exaggerating when i say this, i kept track today) 4/5 games back to back. I love this game, i really do, but i think i'll come back when they've worked out the kinks cause it's really not worth the time or frustration. It shouldn't take me more than an hour to participate in a single match to completion.

I'm glad dedicated servers are finally here, but until they're polished up i'm not prepared to play this game any further.

goatwack
03-08-2018, 03:53 AM
There are marginally less disconnects than prior seasons, yet the one person quitting can still bring the show to an end. So not that much has changed in all honesty, at least on XBox. By far the most infuriating are the classic 'player joins very late in the game, leaves promptly, and crashes game'. :mad:

One thing I've observed though are constant freezes. Outright graphical game- breakers where there's no choice but to reload the game. Must have had three in the last 30 or so games, contrast that with maybe two in the year before. Very unsettling, whatever this update may caused :(

SwellChemosabe
03-08-2018, 04:25 AM
There are marginally less disconnects than prior seasons, yet the one person quitting can still bring the show to an end. So not that much has changed in all honesty, at least on XBox. By far the most infuriating are the classic 'player joins very late in the game, leaves promptly, and crashes game'. :mad:

One thing I've observed though are constant freezes. Outright graphical game- breakers where there's no choice but to reload the game. Must have had three in the last 30 or so games, contrast that with maybe two in the year before. Very unsettling, whatever this update may caused :(

It's the opposite for me. Before i might have disconnected maybe two or three times in an entire day of playing. Now it feels like it's every game, if not every other game. I didn't used to struggle so much in dominion and elimination when it came to lag, in fact lag was almost non existent in dominion. The only time it was every really bad was when i played duel or ranked duel for whatever reason. The matches i do complete, i usually complete with a completely different set of players because people either dc or quit rapidly. i'm an xbox player too so whatever happened when they brought in dedicated servers must've impacted some people over others somehow.