PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving the game again.

Archeun
03-07-2018, 11:26 PM
I play a couple hours a week. I used to play 50+. The modes are ridiculous. The ganking in 4v4 gets boring fast. It's not fun to have 3v1 as the standard battles these days. 1v1 modes are still not viable for Steel/EXP gains. The amount of Crowd Control and Unblockables is getting out of hand. Continued refusal to deal with significantly broken characters like the Shaman. Instead of balancing, it appears it's more important to simply add more cheese to each class.

I'm loving the game again because I play so little. When I do log on, it's brief and after 2 games I remember why I'm playing many other titles. If I lose, whatever; If I win, whatever. I no longer pump money into the game (and I've spent more than I should) because every change they make seems to make the game even less palatable to me

If you're frustrated with the game and many people are (including many long-time players who are active in the community are leaving) take a break. The game is still amazing in terms of the idea behind it. The only way Ubisoft is going to actually make reasonable changes that the majority of casual players want, is to hit them in the pocketbook. Stop spending money on Steel. Demand that they drastically reduce the cost of cosmetic items or increase Steel gain significantly. If Ubi wants to cater to the Git Gud crowd, let them. It's going to hurt their bottom line because 2-3k people playing on Steam on average isn't anywhere as near as acceptable as 45k which is what it averaged at release. If this game wasn't so fundamentally infuriating; the pbase would be massive because it is a fun game despite the ridiculous imbalances all over the place.

As long as we continue to pour money/time into the game, they will think things are just fine. Stop doing that and they will either listen or another developer will come along and give us what we want. The Git Gud crowd can enjoy fighting each other once the thousands of casuals who make games successful leave. Unfortunately, the consoles appear to be fueling the game at this point. PC accounts for a very small amount of their player-base at this point, so Ubi probably isn't overly concerned with the PC crowd.

Vakris_One
03-08-2018, 12:20 AM
Actually they are very concerned with the PC crowd. So much so that pretty much all of the balancing they have done is catered towards the PC crowd because that's where the game runs on its maximum potential because of the FPS cap on consoles. Their best bet for breaking into E-sports is on PC and E-sports means moolah.

For a one year old fighting game For Honor actually has one of the most active player bases. Most fighting games don't manage to retain as large a player base as For Honor has for such a consistent period of time. It's just the way fighting games are - the dedicated crowd stick around but new players joining drops out drastically after the 6 month-1 year mark. For Honor has been surprisingly resilient in this regard. And ah, game development doesn't work like you think it does. If the game's playerbase dies off for a prolonged period of time the studio would just abandon supporting it further and maybe even close it down completely. Another developer will not magically come along and pick up where the previous devs left off. At best the studio will either decided to make a For Honor 2 or leave it dead.

BTTrinity
03-08-2018, 12:48 AM
Actually they are very concerned with the PC crowd. So much so that pretty much all of the balancing they have done is catered towards the PC crowd because that's where the game runs on its maximum potential because of the FPS cap on consoles. Their best bet for breaking into E-sports is on PC and E-sports means moolah.

For a one year old fighting game For Honor actually has one of the most active player bases. Most fighting games don't manage to retain as large a player base as For Honor has for such a consistent period of time. It's just the way fighting games are - the dedicated crowd stick around but new players joining drops out drastically after the 6 month-1 year mark. For Honor has been surprisingly resilient in this regard. And ah, game development doesn't work like you think it does. If the game's playerbase dies off for a prolonged period of time the studio would just abandon supporting it further and maybe even close it down completely. Another developer will not magically come along and pick up where the previous devs left off. At best the studio will either decided to make a For Honor 2 or leave it dead.

Yeah, I've said this before as well.

Not even the new DBFZ has the same numbers as FH and that game is doing very well.

As long as they keep updating it, Ill probably always be willing to come back.

EDG_Avocado
03-08-2018, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I've said this before as well.

Not even the new DBFZ has the same numbers as FH and that game is doing very well.

As long as they keep updating it, Ill probably always be willing to come back.

the problem is FH isn't a fighting game like DBFZ... its more of a arena hack and slash game rather than those non arena 1v1with 10% MOBA so I wouldn't put FH in same category.

The game idea is unique like many has said so it's more like Infinity blade than any of the actual fighting games like naruto ninja storm or Dragon ball.

With that being said, this game is awesome but the playerbase drop is still dissapointing considering the 90% in first week/month?