PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else having trouble with Blade Blockade?

DoodTheMan
03-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Something is up with this move. I don't have trouble with any of the other full-block stances, but Musha's BB seems to be both super sensitive and obstinate. Either I'm mid combo and it just activates randomly, or I actually try to activate it and my character does nothing despite several attempts...and then he'll suddenly do it like 10 seconds later.

UbiJurassic
03-07-2018, 07:45 PM
I'd definitely be interested in hearing if others have had this issue as well.

In the meantime, have you tried adjusting your deadzones for input? It could help your consistency with performing the move.

BTTrinity
03-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Something is up with this move. I don't have trouble with any of the other full-block stances, but Musha's BB seems to be both super sensitive and obstinate. Either I'm mid combo and it just activates randomly, or I actually try to activate it and my character does nothing despite several attempts...and then he'll suddenly do it like 10 seconds later.

I havent played in a few days but when I last got on I played Mushu and did NOT have this issue.

RoosterIlluzion
03-08-2018, 02:00 AM

Check your dead zones in controller settings. The down block zone might be set too wide. I know with Aramusha's combo, doing side, up, side, up, motions often cause me to exaggerate my thumb motions, and I accidentally would hit the down block zone. Narrowing the zone helped. I also had to rotate my zones because of the placement of the analog stick on Xbox controller causes my thumb to be at an angle.
But if you're problem is not blocking because of timing, remember it is a fast block with a slow recovery.

Miadous
03-08-2018, 03:44 AM
I'd definitely be interested in hearing if others have had this issue as well.

In the meantime, have you tried adjusting your deadzones for input? It could help your consistency with performing the move.

I made a post about full block stances last week. All of them, not character specific. My particular situation involves using an elite controller on PC. This mostly pertains to nobushi out of all the full block stances, but I have occassionally played with aramusha and it occured with him as well in the middle of me about to hit someone that I just blocked with his full block move. My input will read that I hit down on the right stick, which is not even close as to what is actually happening.

At first, I thought the elite controller might have stiffer recoil on the sticks, causing the stick to briefly enter the "down" state if it bounces back from being flicked upwards to fast. I have tested this a lot, even at deadzone 15, it will still happen. There is absolutely no possible way it could recoil to strong back to neutral position with deadzone at 15, because the stick has to move downwards over half way before it even recognizes me as moving the stick. However, I can still get nobushi to go into hidden stance by moving the right stick up a certain way. If it's at deadzone 10 or below, I can almost do it on queue. This makes no sense, seeing that it takes to much movement on the stick for it to recognize being moved at all. Sometimes, when I'm sprinting, I can let go of the left stick to stop moving and my character will do a 180 and be facing the camera, like the game thinks I moved the left stick down. Therefore, it doesn't seem stick specific. It does make all block characters unplayable since many times I have got a guardbreak on someone, flicked the right stick for a top heavy with the nobushi, and during the top heavy it cancels into hidden stance. I'm sure the opponent is laughing is butt off each time it happens, or is just very confused.

RoosterIlluzion
03-08-2018, 03:58 AM
I made a post about full block stances last week. All of them, not character specific. My particular situation involves using an elite controller on PC. This mostly pertains to nobushi out of all the full block stances, but I have occassionally played with aramusha and it occured with him as well in the middle of me about to hit someone that I just blocked with his full block move. My input will read that I hit down on the right stick, which is not even close as to what is actually happening.

At first, I thought the elite controller might have stiffer recoil on the sticks, causing the stick to briefly enter the "down" state if it bounces back from being flicked upwards to fast. I have tested this a lot, even at deadzone 15, it will still happen. There is absolutely no possible way it could recoil to strong back to neutral position with deadzone at 15, because the stick has to move downwards over half way before it even recognizes me as moving the stick. However, I can still get nobushi to go into hidden stance by moving the right stick up a certain way. If it's at deadzone 10 or below, I can almost do it on queue. This makes no sense, seeing that it takes to much movement on the stick for it to recognize being moved at all. Sometimes, when I'm sprinting, I can let go of the left stick to stop moving and my character will do a 180 and be facing the camera, like the game thinks I moved the left stick down. Therefore, it doesn't seem stick specific. It does make all block characters unplayable since many times I have got a guardbreak on someone, flicked the right stick for a top heavy with the nobushi, and during the top heavy it cancels into hidden stance. I'm sure the opponent is laughing is butt off each time it happens, or is just very confused.

Your tests seem to indicate that the problem is most likely a programming glitch that came with the dedicated servers.

Draco067
03-08-2018, 10:18 AM
On Xbox.

I was playing the aramusha and multiple times I've gone to switch my stance and BB will just start, I even have the lower stance set to 10 maybe, so the area is very small compared to the top and sides. Ive also had BB activate immediately after already doing one.

Another problem (but maybe) I noticed today, was not being able to do the top heavy after a successful BB, or it would to a twin viper, when the stick is straight up. I thought my timing was off at first but now I'm not so sure. Has anyone else had this problem?