PDA

View Full Version : Wall Splat Punish Gone?

Meanpie13
03-07-2018, 04:58 PM
I noticed after the release of dedicated servers that I was unable to get certain heavy attacks after a wall splat. There were a few different characters that I noticed who seemed to have lost their max wall splat punish. Was this an unintended consequence of the dedicated servers? I couldn't find any patch notes on this.

BarbeQMichael
03-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Sometimes you just don't get heavy off wallstun, especially with heroes who have slow heavies like hl, raider or wl. I'm not even sure why but I guess it has something to do with the throw distance to wall.

Armosias
03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Your throw recover starts at the moment your target is throw, meaning that yes throw distance can change your punishes

Meanpie13
03-07-2018, 07:26 PM
I've never seen a Warlord miss a top heavy when they push into a wall, until yesterday. I also have always been able to get a zone with a Raider when they are carried into a wall splat. I got parried twice in a row by different people yesterday like they knew they would be able to recover in time.

UbiJurassic
03-07-2018, 07:43 PM
There hasn't been any intentional changes to decrease the viability of punishing an opponent off of a wall splat. As others have already pointed out, it could be a combination of several in-game factors that could be effecting your wall punishes.

Meanpie13
03-07-2018, 07:52 PM
I'm not satisfied with those answers because throw distance was not a factor. "Other in game factors", what does that even mean? What other factors change whether or not you can get a heavy off?

UbiJurassic
03-07-2018, 08:10 PM
I'm not satisfied with those answers because throw distance was not a factor. "Other in game factors", what does that even mean? What other factors change whether or not you can get a heavy off?

Other in-game factors refers to something that may influence what would be a normal in-game interaction. (ie. throw distance, what hero you were trying to heavy with, if a teammate light attacked the opponent to interrupt the wall splat animation, , etc.)

Meanpie13
03-07-2018, 08:33 PM
I already explained that it wasn't because of throw distance and my example of the WL and Raider (zone attack) would eliminate it being one of the heroes that doesn't normally get a heavy. There was no other player around that would have inturupted the wall splat. If it just happened to me once I would have written it off as a fluke, but I've had this issue several times since the dedicated servers were released.

Devils-_-legacy
03-07-2018, 08:40 PM
I've had this before by any chance was it team game mode someone else might of hit him before your heavy's after he hit the wall tho that would of put him in recovery faster I've saved a few of my teammates from being ledge or a proper wallsplat by hiting my team with a light

Meanpie13
03-07-2018, 08:46 PM
It happened to me multiple times. Some where during a team match and some weren't. In either case, there were definitely not other players around.

Devils-_-legacy
03-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Sorry then mate I'm not sure try to get a recording to send into the team