PDA

View Full Version : Pc and consoles same budget

Farcryisdead
03-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Pc,ps4,xb1 all have the same budget, pc advantage gone, im glad i stayed on console.

Farcryisdead
03-07-2018, 04:06 PM
We cant share across platforms though.

Manlius10A
03-07-2018, 04:28 PM
We can't, but if the developers like a map, they can. So community favorites might still be shared across platforms.

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Yes!!! More crippling trash decisions by ubisoft!! F-ing love it! (that was all caps. This trash ubisoft website changed it)

Thank GOD my electric company triple charged me for this month. I was actually going to get the gold edition yesterday. Now I'll pay $0 and play the game when my friend gets bored of it.

DapperHayden007
03-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Pc,ps4,xb1 all have the same budget, pc advantage gone, im glad i stayed on console.

PC can still go over budget, however once a map is over budget we cannot share the map. We can however share the map externally (IE Facebook) and on here

Steve64b
03-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Actually, PC will have an advantage over console: SP/Coop maps on PC support a double object count. 15K objects over 7.5K on console... :)

DapperHayden007
03-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Actually, PC will have an advantage over console: SP/Coop maps on PC support a double object count. 15K objects over 7.5K on console... :)

Ahh yes, that's what I was thinking solo and coop get double on PC so PC mappers still have an advantage :P

DrShakez
03-07-2018, 09:24 PM
This is a terrible decision if it's true. I'm guessing that the display is still there for budget, but going over it doesn't stop map validation (just gives a performance warning). Hopefully I'm right.

We need an Ubi dev to clarify this.

A_Combi_Stick
03-07-2018, 09:25 PM
That's good to hear, helps my platform decision a little more lol

Farcryisdead
03-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Even before the announcement i had no interest in moving to pc, but now after this news, it just kills the pc idea for me stone dead, im glad, i wont get so many people saying "come over pc" the fact we have a bigger budget than fc4 on console is enough to keep me very happy as a mapper :)

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 09:54 PM
The budget is double on PC i've read...

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 10:28 PM
The budget is double on PC i've read...

Really? Where? This could seriously save this game for me. Would be amazing if a community manager could clear this up please.

Florent3885
03-07-2018, 10:40 PM
Hello everyone,

Yes, budget for objects in "Solo & Co-op" PC maps is about double the one in other maps ("Multiplayer" PC maps, and any console maps, "Solo & Co-op" or "Multiplayer").

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Is the budget for PC PvP maps higher than console PvP?

Florent3885
03-07-2018, 10:54 PM
As I said above, there is an "Objects budget" (basically an objects count) limit that is shared for Consoles (any game mode) and PC "multiplayer" maps. Then there is double that budget for PC "Solo & Co-op" maps.

A budget was necessary for many reasons, the main ones being that in multiplayer, you can't have some PC players disadvantaged by their hardware if a map is way overbudget. Then there's the fact that we'll be able to publish the best maps of each platform on all 3, for instance take a great PC map and republish it easily on PS4 and Xbox One.

Also, I'd suggest to check it out for yourself once it's released: the budget limit is quite high, and as we have so many assets (including the 'generic shapes', which are primitive shapes that you can re-texture), it's really possible to get better results than in FC4, but with much fewer assets in the map.

DapperHayden007
03-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Is the budget for PC PvP maps higher than console PvP?

No, it wouldn't be fair for someone who just meets minimum requirements for the game to have lag issues due to high object count, this would make them only able to really play the game in Singleplayer and not experience the full package

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 11:06 PM
No, it wouldn't be fair for someone who just meets minimum requirements for the game to have lag issues due to high object count, this would make them only able to really play the game in Singleplayer and not experience the full package

I don't think that that is the real issue. It's probably because of the different distribution (servers) of maps. In fact FC2 had no cap.

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 11:09 PM

You know I really can't argue against that. Okay I get it. I revoke my criticism of the budget.

Also, I'd suggest to check it out for yourself once it's released: the budget limit is quite high, and as we have so many assets (including the 'generic shapes', which are primitive shapes that you can re-texture), it's really possible to get better results than in FC4, but with much fewer assets in the map.

I've been kind of thinking that myself. The big areas I always ate budget before was when I had to do custom work to make something that isn't in the game. With the larger asset library that should be a much smaller issue. Wish I'd thought about this a bit more before getting all emotional.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 11:21 PM
There are generic signs Hayden showed me a map he made and it blew my mind seeing how good these signs were to use and some are really big, and as Florent mentioned the generic shapes are super low on budget as are the signs so I see some amazingly creative stuff been used and some maps looking like they could have a huge budget when in fact they might not have even used half of it.

People also find what things work best on console we built over where 4 grid squares meet so you get 4 grid budgets to use that way.

Florent3885
03-07-2018, 11:21 PM
It's all good, I just figured I'd answer for this thread, as I know that this topic is an important and sensitive one for many of you who are used to the FC4 PC editor.
We'll also follow up during post-launch, and if there are some issues regarding this, we'll investigate what can be improved.

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 11:31 PM
We'll also follow up during post-launch, and if there are some issues regarding this, we'll investigate what can be improved.

Is there any remote possibility to have rain, if not in the vanilla, at least in the editor in order to enjoy ambiance in custom maps?

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 12:09 AM
No this is not accurate. PC has twice the budget IIR.

A_Combi_Stick
03-08-2018, 12:15 AM
Well looks like I'm getting it on PC then, though I'll probably end up getting it on PS4 too at some point to check out some of the console maps.