PDA

View Full Version : I've been testing the IGE, Ask me (almost) anything.

Pages : [1] 2

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Hi guys...a handful of community members have been testing the IGE and helping advise in the development of the tools and assets for months now.

I was lucky enough to be one of them!

Its been interesting watching all the comments for months, and knowing I couldnt respond, or had to creatively answer some of them without breaking NDA.

Weve been given the go ahead to talk about most of the things regarding the IGE now, and at my own demise, I will answer most of your questions. XD

So, ask me (almost) anything!

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-07-2018, 03:09 PM
How close is it to the fc4 editor in terms of UI, will we feel at home in it?

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Is there slider / preset in the editor for rain particles?

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:12 PM
AWLS - Ive been testing the PC ige....and its almost exactly the same, but has MUCH more, including customizable UI colors. Ive seen images of the console version, and it LOOKS basically the same

Vig - there is a toggle for storm that adds lightning and thunder makes the clouds / fog light up.

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 03:14 PM
The answer is no. :p

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-07-2018, 03:15 PM

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Currently there is no rain particles/drops. But t what you dont understand, is you dont NEED them. If you learn how to adjust the fog setting just right, and turn on storm, it makes it look like a storm, gloomy, etc. I wanted to answer that in all your other posts. I found it odd you were so concerned about that over everything else lol.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 03:20 PM
AWLS - Ive been testing the PC ige....and its almost exactly the same, but has MUCH more, including customizable UI colors. Ive seen images of the console version, and it LOOKS basically the same

I had a play around with the console version on PS4 (Unsure that I can talk about any of this right now so going to wait to get the ok first before I break any NDA'S)

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:23 PM
From what I have heard, consoles and PC are all getting budgets now.
The budget has been increased to I think 3k per grid sector, 7k for MP and 15k for SP maps and coop for PC. And 7k, 2k per grid sector for console The reason they all have the a budget is so devs can publish worthy maps across all platforms. That is not something we can do our selves.

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Currently there is no rain particles/drops. But t what you dont understand, is you dont NEED them. If you learn how to adjust the fog setting just right, and turn on storm, it makes it look like a storm, gloomy, etc.

What do you mean you dont need them? How are you supposed to get rain sound effects without rain drops? Can you inject sounds through the editor?

I wanted to answer that in all your other posts. I found it odd you were so concerned about that over everything else lol.

It is very important for me because i know that there is none in vanilla so i could at least enjoy the ambiance in a custom map.

Now thats not to say drops WONT be added in the future, who knows.

I doubt it but we'll see...

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-07-2018, 03:25 PM
So the pc advantage over consoles in terms of grid limit is now gone?

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Yes but the limit is huge, and wont really affect 99% of the maps, especially is generic assets are utilized to full effect.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Lol im glad i stayed on console, right decision :)

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Personal preference...

legacyzero
03-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Akilyoung thatís great man!

Is the map size the same? 512x512? Or can it be changed now?

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Yes, thats the same. However, the ocean, like before extends into the destance.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Lol now i dont have hear "come over to pc" this has made my day :)

legacyzero
03-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Yes, thats the same. However, the ocean, like before extends into the destance.

Thatís amazing. When the mention ď3D skyboxesĒ what did they mean exactly?

Also, they mentioned ďambient effectsĒ to what extent do they work? Are there a lot?

Fallen-Champ
Ok so I tried the PS4 version of the Arcade Editor the thing I wanted to check was the camera because it was IMO a mess and broken on FC4 reference pivot points and auto scroll.

So happy to say that the camera worked perfectly I had no issues at all, also it allowed the option to change pivot points on some of the items I chose, auto scroll on / off worked as it should and I found something else which I liked on the console version which was Edit By Coordinates, on Far Cry 4 Console we could only edit one item at a time using coordinates, you can now highlight multiple items and edit them via coordinates so this allows for much more accurate building - so glad they added that in on the console.

My time on the console editor was brief I was happy with the time I had on it and it ticked some of the boxes I hoped it would.
I didn't see a SNAP feature (which is on PC) but am not saying there isn't one plus nothing was final so could have even been an earlier build I used - The camera was the main thing I wanted to check.

akilyoung
The new water system is awesome, and different. There are quite a few ocean colors to pick, and they have adjustable wave heights ranging from calm to raging.

And the lake grid is GONE. Now you have a suite of lakes, all very different looking, and they are basically an asset. You place them, and can adjust the size in object preferences.

Everything from a small puddle, to a giant almost map size lake, and they can overlap. You can place as many as you want, in various looks.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 03:49 PM
That’s amazing. When the mention “3D skyboxes” what did they mean exactly?

Also, they mentioned “ambient effects” to what extent do they work? Are there a lot?

3D Skyboxes are like the Vista in FC4 there are 4 in the build we have (again ours is not final so we can only go on what we have)
So the 3D ones you can rotate which allows you to get a better view say from one part of the background or to block light or add more light with the background been higher or lower.

The BackDrop can also be raised or lowered.
We have Alpine, Alpine Snow, Desert, Mountain to select in the build we have.

With sound effects there are lots You have Music and Ambient Theme
With the music the tone changes when you get in battle and it gets more dramatic its really good how this works.

One of the sound effects is that of a busy area so cars beeping horns and movement / hustle and bustle, this will be brilliant for the skyscrapers from the watchdogs theme.

We have 22 sound effects / ambient sound choices and 20 music choices in our build so music from some of the other games like Blood Dragon, FC2, FC3, FC4, Primal as well as FC5 and other stuff - Assassins Creed.

Some sound effects are Beach, Forest, Jungle, Trippy, Laboratory, Sci Fi Horror and more

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 03:50 PM
GRAW, same concept, but the water can be tiny now, like REALLY tiny, about the size of the player. So it wont interfere with other stuff going on in the map. Lakes can be rotated too, though I find little to no reason to ever need to do that, only if certain things like river direction interfere with stuff. (I dont mean flowing river, just one you make with terrain, and a lake)

Steve64b
03-07-2018, 04:01 PM
The beauty is, now we also have standalone particle effects! So you could have some water drips/sprays/mist without having to actually place a waterfall object. :D

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 04:02 PM
We have 22 sound effects / ambient sound choices and 20 music choices in our build so music from some of the other games like Blood Dragon, FC2, FC3, FC4, Primal as well as FC5 and other stuff - Assassins Creed.

Rain sounds too ?

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 04:02 PM
Does puddles make squishy sounds walking over it? Or with muddy terrain around it? Like jungle have tons of mud and puddles for little path ways. While rest of map is thick dense jungle. Also i'm sure if people make mud roads for racing ya could have deep tire tracks with water in it. I'm gonna guess season pass DLC will give us new back drops. Jungle back drop for NAM. Maybe rocky rocks for Mars. Zombies maybe city limits back drop and maybe tiny fires? Apocalypse?

Water makes noise, yes.
Different textures have different noises too.
I HIGHLY recommend the DLC on this one....these guys and gals have put in hard *** work on this game.

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 04:03 PM
How is the water stuff? Like is there a tiny drip? Maybe have a leaky roof dipping on the floor or water dripping off a pipe? Is there glass? I had a long write up I think ya missed it for questions.

THere are a lot of particle emitters, electtircal ,smoke, fire, fake sun, lights, and so on. No water.

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Rain sounds too ?

I cant remember off the top of my head, but for ambient noise, there is at least 20 I think...theres a lot. Everything from SCI FI, to horror, to busy city traffic to ocean....

As well as background music too, also a LOT of choices.

The Storm modifier has storm sound effects along with the lighting

truesurv1val
03-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Kyle and steve you guys must be happy that you can finally talk about it. Cool.

Wondering. About the spawnsystem in pvp, can we have base vs base again?

is this little digital manipulation by number (not sure whats it called) of items still there?

How does this particle system work ?, they were talking about sparks and smoke and stuff

guess 3 questions is enough for now

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 04:07 PM
THere are a lot of particle emitters, electtircal ,smoke, fire, fake sun, lights, and so on. No water.

I'm sorry to say that but it seems like the team has a phobia against water drops.

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Graw, I dont know when or how those assets will drop.

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 04:10 PM
How is the street drain culverts? Is it just a straight pipe tunnel? Is there like a t-section? Could maybe use street culverts for air vents hanging from ceilings for a factory map sneaking around.

There is an absolutely INSANE amount of pipes, all size and color...no issues there.

Since I cant post more, Ill edit this by saying @Vig...I was wrong, there ARE water fx particles

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 04:13 PM

is this little digital manipulation by number (not sure whats it called) of items still there?

How does this particle system work ?, they were talking about sparks and smoke and stuff

Hey buddy, YES!

Yes, in TDM, you have Red, Blue and shared. So you can make a red vs blue, and I think throw in one shared, have to confirm.

Digital manipulation?

Particles are assets, placeable. All of those mentioned in various forms.

Im reaching my post limit per 10 minutes...might not get back for a while... maybe Steve can help, or others that took part?

---\

editing for additional answers, ran out of post limit

-----

Yes culverts are there, hole tool is the same

Steve64b
03-07-2018, 04:16 PM
They're premade particle effects, void of any other 'solid' object so you can place them whereever.
I have some similar objects in my Far Cry 4 editormod too. Only on PC though... :)

For comparison, from my Far Cry 4 mod:

https://youtu.be/E04SfYn_mfQ

The object on the right is the particle effect that's used on the waterfall object. Far Cry 5 will obviously feature different particles than FC4, but it gives an impression. ;)

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Im glad i made that sound effects list on the forums a few months ago, fc5 includes stuff i listed, so i wasn't wasting my time :)

Seamount4Life
03-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Hi guys...a handful of community members have been testing the IGE and helping advise in the development of the tools and assets for months now.

I was lucky enough to be one of them!

Its been interesting watching all the comments for months, and knowing I couldnt respond, or had to creatively answer some of them without breaking NDA.

Weve been given the go ahead to talk about most of the things regarding the IGE now, and at my own demise, I will answer most of your questions. XD

So, ask me (almost) anything!

2 questions...

1) can you place Player Spawns in the air?

2) can you have AI enemies trigger events once you have killed them? (Like spawning a boss enemy or another wave of enemies for instance)

Thanks!

truesurv1val
03-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Ok guess i misunderstood, thought we would get somesort of partical system.

not sure how that box is called where you can move assets on XYZ axis.

Budget of 7.5 k. Anyone know what its now on console for fc4? So i have an idea how much its increaed.

But thanks for awnsering

Steve64b
03-07-2018, 04:41 PM
not sure how that box is called where you can move assets on XYZ axis.
Gizmo? Yes, that's in! :)

Budget of 7.5 k. Anyone know what its now on console for fc4? So i have an idea how much its increaed.
I don't know the actual size on consoles for FC4. But from the stats I pull out of the maps at maps.farcry.eu, the maximum number of objects used per Far Cry 4 map on consoles is 2109 for PS4 and 2716 for XBox One. So in terms of object count, the limit seems to have increased 'a bit'. :D

OnlyBroward
03-07-2018, 04:48 PM
1. Can you add vehicles, and additional weapons on TDM/PVP maps?

2. Can you assign AI certain paths, and have them stay in a specific region?

3. Can lighting assets be triggered at any time of day unlike FC4?

4. Are there any new terraforming/terrain tools? FC4 had plenty enough anyway.

BattlePHILd
03-07-2018, 04:50 PM
Can you add drivable vehicles in MP maps? Animals? Other AI?

I saw you can dictate the load outs for players. Can you also control ammo? Can you create single clip matches, single bullet / one life matches?

Can you have weather change over time? Fog get heavier?

VnR-Popey
03-07-2018, 04:52 PM
- What is the limit of the texture usable for the field? (4 ?? as in FC4)
- How much different texture for the roads? and how much can we place?

Thank you :rolleyes:

DapperHayden007
03-07-2018, 05:13 PM
- What is the limit of the texture usable for the field? (4 ?? as in FC4)
- How much different texture for the roads? and how much can we place?

Thank you :rolleyes:

This is still locked at 4, cant remember for roads

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Seamount, I have placed spawns a little in the air for different reason, not high though, so I dont know
triggered events once killed? Not sure

TS, yes we have a folder of various particle assets, really cool stuff, XYZ is the gizmo and unsure about the budget, though I had lots of issues on FC4, where as on FC5, its been no issues regarding number of assets you can place. Of course, you can hit that limit, but it a huge amount.

Broward, YES! custom, renamable loadouts (up to 4) AND all weapons and ammo are placeable.There Omni and spotlighting assetsm you can place those inside any light asset, or out on their own. Totally RGB customizable and have lots of sliders for things like flicker, amplitute etc. Terrain tools are the same BUT ----- no more texture stretching! So cliffs has the texture reapplied and look GREAT.

Battlephild, yes. Vehicles, and a certain number of animal ai in MP. I havent tried ambient NPCs though. Loadouts are 100% customizable, from name, to ammo and mag amount, etc..! Weather is static, including fog settings.

VnR, 4 textures still, BUT there are TONS of textures, MANY more than ever before, plus with generic assets, you can skin those to get around the 4 textures, for different ground effect. So there are ways. As for roads, there are quite a few, unsure how many at launch.

Trust me when I tell you, almost EVERYTHING we have been asking for for years has been added into this IGE. Plus a lot more. There is no reason you shouldnt be extremely excited.

This is by FAR the BEST IGE every made.

Allows TOTAL creativity, flexibility and more. No I am am not just saying this. I have been part of the mapping community for many years, 10 to be exact.

I have been a harsh critic of FC3 and 4. Ubi has come full circle, not only in this new tool, but also in their willingness to engage and listen to the community.

The pure variety of maps you can create now is astounding. Trust me, IVE MADE THEM. Ive SEEN THEM. FC5 will have the longevity, and then some, that FC2 had. So buckle up and get ready to lose you life, get divorced, get fired from work, cause this game is going to CONSUME YOU!

A note, some of your questions might already have answers in official ubi publications, so check all those first please :)

BattlePHILd
03-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Battlephild, yes. Vehicles, and a certain number of animal ai in MP. I havent tried ambient NPCs though. Loadouts are 100% customizable, from name, to ammo and mag amount, etc..!

YES!!! This is the best news I've heard all day!

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Yes. You can disarm people, with only fists and kicks. You dont have to have ANY weapons. You literally have full control over anything and everything weapon and ammo related.Pickups are loaded to half a magazine IIR. Theres match timers, kill counts and more. I think the spawns are random for DM, just wherever you put the shared spawn points. TDM has team based and shared spawns.

You have to save map separately with different modes, unlike past FCs

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 05:42 PM
I can only be on for a little bit longer, but other might fill in too, if needed, or Ill try to answer more questions later today or tomorrow.

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Yes, but you just click on change game mode, and then place new spawns or objectives. Both maps save separately. In some ways not ideal, but in others its cool, cause you can have two variations of the same map, say, one day and one night, one foggy one clear, etc....so that is interesting

And the title for you map has more characters, unsure how many, so you can say for example: DM_example map and SP_example map as the title, and itll fit

Manlius10A
03-07-2018, 05:50 PM
Thank you Kyle for all this information! This is better than I could have possibly hoped for!

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Hey youre welcome! I am glad Ubi gave us the green light to discuss some of it! Of course, getting your hands on it is going to blow your socks off... they worked, and are still working, at making this thing bad@$$. This crew isnt playing around.

Im sure you guys can understand why it took so long to reveal this info...theres a LOT going on with it.

Alpha_sgt_14
03-07-2018, 06:04 PM
Everything looks cool :). Though understandingly the pc budget is concerning but otherwise it looks like they put effort in this thing. How did you like everything Akil?

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 06:16 PM
I suppose I can tell you about some of my maps, so you can get an example if what I personally have made:

-Old World Origins, a TDM recreation of AC Origins
-Old York City, a DM NYC downtown style map
-Assault Training, a DM map using all generic assets and fancy lighting
-De_Dust2, a total recreation of the CS map, cooped with Zoolee
-MMA Octagon, a TDM map, set in the MMA octagon, fist fight only up to 12p. Hellish, and hecktic. Yetis outside map keep you off the fence for fear of being hit and killed
-Trailer Trash, name says it all, a trashed trailer park, DM, or TDM, set in scenic mountain scene with river and park
-Red Dead Minetown, a ghost-mine town area set in Utah, TDM
-Its dam Crysis, a TDM map on a large custom dam, similar to Crysis 3
-Pools of SIloam, a TDM map set in historic roman occupied Jerusalem, coop with Zoolee
-Wall Street Gangsters, a TDM map set atop a highrise, indoor and outdoor map

plus several more that arent far enough along to mention imo. Most of these should be ready at launch.
-

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Hey AS14!

Its amazing!

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Can we lock our maps?

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Im not sure AWLS, as we havent been able to publish yet...

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Currently there is no rain particles/drops. But t what you dont understand, is you dont NEED them. If you learn how to adjust the fog setting just right, and turn on storm, it makes it look like a storm, gloomy, etc. I wanted to answer that in all your other posts. I found it odd you were so concerned about that over everything else lol.

Its really cool that we get all the storm effects but really silly that we don't get rain.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
03-07-2018, 07:11 PM
1. Are Zombies in the editor? If not, will they be? Will they be adding elements like this upon DLC releases? Will it be accessible to all or splinter the community?

2. Can you spawn enemy/friendly AI (people, not animals) in multiplayer maps? This would be ideal, as it would allow a 6v6 match to feel much larger, potentially battlefield-like, or to eventually have zombies lurking around corners whilst fighting other players.

3. How do the 'basic shapes' work? How many different geometric shapes do we have? can they be colored? What are some of the textures? Can the textures be colored? Are there things like cement, wood, stone, metal, so that we can potentially make our own building interiors? What sizes do the basic shapes come in? Or can we manually adjust the size?

BattlePHILd
03-07-2018, 07:16 PM
I suppose I can tell you about some of my maps, so you can get an example if what I personally have made:

-Old World Origins, a TDM recreation of AC Origins
-Old York City, a DM NYC downtown style map
-Assault Training, a DM map using all generic assets and fancy lighting
-De_Dust2, a total recreation of the CS map, cooped with Zoolee
-MMA Octagon, a TDM map, set in the MMA octagon, fist fight only up to 12p. Hellish, and hecktic. Yetis outside map keep you off the fence for fear of being hit and killed
-Trailer Trash, name says it all, a trashed trailer park, DM, or TDM, set in scenic mountain scene with river and park
-Red Dead Minetown, a ghost-mine town area set in Utah, TDM
-Its dam Crysis, a TDM map on a large custom dam, similar to Crysis 3
-Pools of SIloam, a TDM map set in historic roman occupied Jerusalem, coop with Zoolee
-Wall Street Gangsters, a TDM map set atop a highrise, indoor and outdoor map

plus several more that arent far enough along to mention imo. Most of these should be ready at launch.
-

Those sound great! Are they all going to be available when the game launches? And on console?

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
I know only what the community publicly knows about the DLC, which is the DLC assets are suppose to come to the IGE for free, among other asset, in the 6 asset packs (if I understood that right) I dont know about AI, but if the models are there, I dont understand why not. Thats just speculation on my part, not actual info...

As for spawning NPCS aside from animals, idk, Ill check later

Tons of basic shapes. Hundreds. I see every shape aside from tubular columns, ovals, elipses. but tons of rectangles, squares, triangles, platforms, walls, doors, etc. Plus generic windows. And yet there are regular glass windows with or without the frame that break....a lot of them. Generic asset windows do not break.

You can use the snap tool (on PC not sure about console) to snap generic shapes together, or line them up using the generic shape grid pattern. Ive been told the textures for them are numerous, over 100, and are from teh main game...so use your imagination, cant give definitive answer tho.

Shapes come in all sizes.

THere is an image in the released video that shows a dev map made with them. Saw it yesterday...

No manual adjustment for those, just the lakes.

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 07:23 PM
BattlePhild, I hope I have those all ready, most are 100% right now. They should be up at or shortly after launch. Not sure if they will span all platforms, thats up to the devs ;)

akilyoung
03-07-2018, 07:24 PM
GTG for now, hope this is enough to chew on, and any others involved please chime in, in my absence :)

ImGonaG3tUsucka
03-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Hey I did not know we can talk about the editor.. But these guys akilyoung, Fallen Champ and Steve64b dig deep into the test build. i am still trying to figure it out. LOL im all thumbs with PCs. I hope i will have something out for everyone.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 07:59 PM
2. Can you spawn enemy/friendly AI (people, not animals) in multiplayer maps?

3. How do the 'basic shapes' work? How many different geometric shapes do we have? can they be colored? What are some of the textures? Can the textures be colored? Are there things like cement, wood, stone, metal, so that we can potentially make our own building interiors? What sizes do the basic shapes come in? Or can we manually adjust the size?

The video yesterday said that there would be 6 Upgrades with DLC coming to the enemy so hopefully the Zombies will make it - we know as much as you on that but sure I want that stuff.

No unfortunately that isn't in the game or the editor that we have played (No Enemy A.I. only Animals in PvP)
You can place Animals in your multiplayer maps the build we have allows up to 5 in any one map (unsure if that is the final amount we will all find out at launch)

The option is also there to have animals respawn, either after been killed or out of sight so when you turn your back or leave the area.
I have a 2 maps unfinished that have a yeti in just to give the players something else to think about.

We have not seen them working we don't have them in our build and it is a delicate subject so lets let the developers answer that when they are ready all I can say is that the Generic Shapes we have only have one texture and are extremely useful for building maps the type you might see in Unreal, Halo, Doom that type of thing there are lots of flat areas, stairs some leading to the right or left, there are columns, cubes, triangles all different sizes etc - very cool in fact for me this is possibly the thing that kind of says I am branching out and hanging slightly in an unknown direction I believe Arcade could have phenomenal success which is down to us guys to enjoy it and to make cool stuff - play it and share with others and spread the word.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 08:19 PM
So with loadouts as already stated you don't have to use any you can just start the map with no loadouts and you don't have to place weapons in the map either you could just use your fists.

Now loadouts allow up to 4 (you can only make 1 it's up to you)
You can rename the loadouts I have a map and the loadouts are all named differently I have sabotur which is silenced weapons, Full Rambo which is loud bows and arrows which is something I won't choose :)

Now with Loadouts if you want players to have access to Parachute, Wingsuit, Binoculars Grapple (Gear Basically including that burn torch type thing) they need to be enabled in loadouts, for Team Games you can give one team say wingsuits and not the other it would be easy to make an attack and defend type map and there are also modifiers that work in maps both solo and PvP so you could add no fall damage and slam into the floor at speed using the wingsuit if you wanted to.

without access to Grapple in loadouts you would see a Grapple point and it would show a cross next to it so you know then that it's disabled in loadouts unless disabled for one team but enabled for another - Also in the editor I believe there is an option that shows up all the grapple points on the map - I will check on that tomorrow.

You also get the option to add extended magazines, silencers, different sights so maybe red dot / marksman depending what can be used for the individual weapons - again this is done in loadouts.

And there are the Homeopathics which you give if you enable them, you set how many you want the players to have - these give you enhancements so The Fast might allow you to move, load, aim faster there is also The Furious, and two others I don't have the details with me at work sorry.

You can also add Throwables so you choose what you want to give in the loadouts and you set the number the players start with, also Melee weapons is the same pick what they start with from available weapons in the list.

With Weapons and Health and the Armor you can place them individually in maps also and these have a refresh / respawn rate set at default 5 seconds so if you want a power weapon in the map to be hard to get you could set that at say one minute and after been taken it wouldn't respawn again until the minute is up.

The options are far superior now to anything we have had before in the Far Cry games for weapons and loadouts better than all the previous games together IMO.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Can you add drivable vehicles in MP maps? Animals? Other AI?
I saw you can dictate the load outs for players. Can you also control ammo? Can you create single clip matches, single bullet / one life matches?

Can you have weather change over time? Fog get heavier?

Vehicles in the build we have I think it's 8 per map so you can mix and match anything you can have planes or helicopters, jetski anything but only 8 unless they change any figures on the launch version which we wouldn't know about until we buy the game.

A.I. will drive vehicles I managed to get one flying a helicopter and I did constant circles on a jetski, seriously the helicopter circled and fired at me when it could the A.I. in my opinion are better and more aggressive, I have seen them attack with gaps between them and hide and shoot behind trees the game feels a lot harder but you can't keep self healing unless you have a lot of medi kits - once you run out of medi-kits then your health will auto replenish on its own over time.

Vehicles don't respawn so look after them better, reference helicopters and planes that fire rockets you only get a set number and that's it which is brilliant it stops players hanging back from distance just repeating rocket fire (I have not added a modifier for infinite ammo yet but will try it tomorrow I am thinking that it will work for weapons but not vehicles so we shall see)

Also there is video footage of players in coop one driving and the other hanging on to a helicopter via a rope so we need to try that guys in PvP at launch see if we can get 5 people hanging from a plane or helicopter then attack the other team - This game will be a load of fun, the driver could take us up high then wingsuit to say a roof and invade from the top.

Sorry off topic there - We can't place enemies in our Multiplayer maps only A.I. Animals and it's 5 per map for us on the build we have.
You can alter the number of ammo in a weapon when you pick it up but I didn't check how low we can go on that I will try to remember for tomorrow unless one of the other guys tries it as I am at work tonight.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 08:50 PM

You will never know how difficult it was for some of us to see online friends going mad about multiplayer and seeing the conversations slowly slide into an area you don't want to see knowing that you have that info in your head that would make people feel good but can't say it isn't a nice feeling.

Yeah you select TDM and you MUST place in 6 red and 6 blue spawns or your map won't validate, you can place in a lot more than that if you want the choice is yours.
So with Shared Spawns there is no requirement on these you do not have to put any in the map if you don't want to.

So how these work, on initial start up everyone uses the Red / Blue but after a kill the system will pick where you spawn by whatever figures it uses so you could use a shared spawn or you could use one for the team color you are with so blue or red.

Like I said you don't have to use shared unless you want to, I have a map and it's quite wide so in a central area I have a spawn up high on a tower that's shared - whoever spawns there can then wingsuit into the map in the direction they want.

You can add in modifiers so that the match ends on a set number of kills and you can add in your own timer through modifiers if you want.

So Particles well there are loads of these and I love em
In Lighting are the sparks I think also Electricity might be a selection but again at work I need to check tomorrow - there is Dust (only one of that it's like dust floating around in the area works very well)

There is fire as an option and the fire is the best yet in Far Cry lots of choices some big some small some really small, you just place these like an asset wherever you want them to be and can raise lower as required.

Smoke is another again lots of selections and equally as good as the fire (I have to say this best smoke in any Far Cry game to date) some goes really high in the air it restricts vision also.

There are flies and I think Moths these fly around, I didn't use any but they appeared to look good but they might possibly go through buildings / walls if too close so more testing is needed on these.

There are also race particles so red / green flares, there are waypoints so if you look at the Clutch Nixon stuntman video you see those circular things we drive through we get those and a grey one, they are always on so don't pop up or vanish they stay there - I believe kyle used one to good effect in one of hos maps - And there is a firework one that shoots fireworks into the air - I so wish these could be linked via scripting but we don't have scripting in the editor so we can only hope but seriously guys the particles look the business they are extremely good visually.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 09:09 PM
2. Can you assign AI certain paths, and have them stay in a specific region?
Yes there are Control Zones which work in any mode, for SOLO Maps you can place A.I. in them so enemies and Animals there are other friendly A.I. one lot is the resistance who will fight with you and the other won't fight I have not tried to see if control zones work with those but will try to remember tomorrow for you.

So with a Control Zone you can select the shape from a cylinder type oval shape or a rectangular box type shape.
Once you set the shape you place the Control Zone into your map and you then have X,Y,Z options so can stretch the width / length / height of the control zone small or big it's up to you and you can put in multiple control zones if you want.

Now each control zone will be assigned a number (unsure about the final release but they will be identifiable with their own details - we have numbers in our build so maybe it will stay that way)
So now you place Animals or Enemy A.I. in the map and you can go to Object preferences and select the control zone for that A.I. also you can assign multiple A.I. to a control zone (there might be an actual figure I have not checked that yet)

So if the A.I. are not at the zone on start up I believe they will make their way to it and you can get them to Defend, Defend cautious I think there are possibly 3 options to choose so if you make a really small control zone and place a sniper or enemy rocket guy in it then they should stay there if you set it that way.

One potential issue I have not though of trying yet is having multiple A.I. in a zone defending then can the player just sit back and they won't leave the zone - so I think if these control zones are used correctly then we can make amazing use of them if not maybe we can manipulate an easier win which isn't anything to brag about really.

So control zones work in multiplayer with animals also.
And in Outpost mode the Alarms have built in control zones, they are similar that you can set the shape and size but I need to check to see if they have as many options as the standard control zone.

3. Can lighting assets be triggered at any time of day unlike FC4?
Lighting is different now we have a lot of lights but these are either on or off they don't turn on at a set time of day / night its simple place them in on or off.

The exception to this is the omni light and spotlight which Kyle already mentioned, these are not physical they are beams - one is more of a globe and you set the glow / radius intensity (something like that) you can set it to flicker intermittent fast / slow and change the color, the other works the same way but is more of a beam of light, these are really good.

There are some lights that turn on and off like say traffic lights but I think they just work that way I have not used them yet Kyle might know better.

4. Are there any new terraforming/terrain tools? FC4 had plenty enough anyway.
There are some objects that I heard some of the other guys mentioning and they were very impressed with them, sort of clumps of soil / rock I can't explain really but you place them in your map they almost look like they adapt to the surroundings again I am out of my depth mentioning these as I only looked but people were saying holy **** these look really cool.

A_Combi_Stick
03-07-2018, 09:23 PM
This all sounds like really great stuff Steve/Kyle! I'm excited to see what the community can put together with these new tools!

Pizentu
03-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Is it possible to create tunnels/caves?

DapperHayden007
03-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Using the previously existing hole tool, yes

OnlyBroward
03-07-2018, 10:01 PM
Thanks so much guys. I guess not all heroes wear capes! Ha.

1. What is the limit of lighting assets to a map?

2. In FC4 I remember that even if you had one of the best snipers, there would still be some kind of distance limit. Could be just dramatic bullet drop, but I dont think so. Would you have noticed that?

3. I remember FC4 night cycle being pretty bright. Is night time darker in FC5?

4. In FC4 I've noticed that lighting assets do not cast shadows, only sun/moon light. The lighting acted more like a glow. Is that still the case?

5. Do lighting assets still have the capability of clipping through objects when too close? That was really annoying in FC3, and FC4.

6. Also, did you happen to notice any Christmas lights? Ahah! :)

DrShakez
03-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Are there any vehicles or weapons from past games? Are there any objects from Blood Dragon?

ducain23
03-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Hey I did not know we can talk about the editor.. But these guys akilyoung, Fallen Champ and Steve64b did deep into the test build. i am still trying to figure it out. LOL im all thumbs with PCs. I hope i will have something out for everyone.

lol... you are such a lazy mapper ;)

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Pizentu there are so many pieces in the build we have that it will take months to memorize everything and where to find it.
I have seen and used some mine pieces which you walk through so you could either do as Hayden mentioned in cutting out terrain with the Hole Tool and insert the mine or cave pieces (I am guessing that we have cave pieces but will check I have a lit wrote done with some things to check tomorrow)

Or you could lower down a section of terrain insert the cave / mine pieces and build over the top to make it look more natural - so with Tunnels you could custom build a tunnel area and add lights and even road markings if you wanted - I have not typed the word Tunnel in the search bar but will check for you sometime tomorrow as I am at work right now.
I got to see a map that was in progress by one of the guys and he had some really neat things so yes you should be able to make really good and different looking tunnels it just takes a little creativity.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
03-07-2018, 10:14 PM

Haha .. You would have a hard time understanding what I would write. Im better off just putting it in a video..Im sure everyone will when we can.

MikoianStafida
03-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Are there animals from 4 ?? I have seen that croc , is that in the base game or a returning animal to the editor ?

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Are there any vehicles or weapons from past games? Are there any objects from Blood Dragon?
Well with Far Cry you usually get similar vehicles but the developers add some visual changes so although there is a jetski and Quad they are not identical to those from the previous games but from a distance they might look that way. (that's my opinion but I am not the most observant with things like that)

The crossbow isn't in the build we have so that might be gone, I live in the UK we don't really do guns here so when I play 1st person shooters I just pick stuff up and go boom or bang bang I don't really take any notice of the names - sorry I don't know my weapons at all.

Some look similar I will say for me the weapon noises are better in fact all the noise in the game is good, I think some of the animations are slightly different on weapons so although FC3 and FC4 have a flame thrower the one in FC5 could be the same model for all I know but they look slightly different.

I am not much of a sniper but will say the sniper rifle head shots have to be earned more than in FC4 so those who are accurate with these type of weapons if they blow me apart with head shots then that's skill so I will say good job and curse at the same time :)

I previously put up a weapons list on FaceBook but it is not fair on those who like the campaign so was a spoiler and was taken down.
Blood Dragon there is one of the Omega Soldiers as A.I. an enemy you can place in the map.

Blood Dragon was a fun game and it played a lot faster in pace I loved it, there is also a Blood Dragon poster you can use in the editor for decoration if we got Blood Dragon Assets then I would be very happy with that.

Viragoxv535
03-07-2018, 10:23 PM
...if we got Blood Dragon Assets then I would be very happy with that.

In the far cry arcade level "Journey" i've seen the green glowing eggs.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Is there glass pieces?
Excellent question, yes there are over 100 to choose I have not counted but a guess is 100 - 150 but who knows at launch as they will have more items in the final game than we have.
So in with Generic Shapes there are windows these are all solids so can withstand blasts they don't break.

Then there are church windows some are different shapes and look a little different.
Standard glass there is lots of it and like most glass items they can be blown up / shot through and if the hole is big enough you can then jump through the window.

I like using a lot of this as its a buzz when a rocket goes off and the place just blows apart, you could easily make magnificent glass structures and custom built bases with glass and other items.
There are window blockers so wooden boards, sheets of wood etc - and some prison windows with bars.

Just too many to list, the glass does not respawn like it did in Far Cry 2, this has a lot of variety with glass you will be happy.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 10:30 PM
In the far cry arcade level "Journey" i've seen the green glowing eggs.
Yes but unsure if they are out of Primal do you remember seeing any eggs like that in Primal - we don't have any Blood Dragon assets listed other than the poster and enemy A.I. tomorrow I can check because I think we might have an egg that glows in with Primal stuff.

I would love Blood Dragon stuff so here's hoping.
That map on Journey Upside Down or whatever the name is that is a very nice map I got to play that and it's a lot of fun I smashed the goats up with the shovel but you could easily go through it without making a kill.

I would love it if there were a way to record times for maps so that your time went on a list for completing it say the fastest 10 people or the most kills in a set time that type of thing, another could be most number of headshots on a map would be brilliant in maps had their own stats like that.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 10:36 PM
MikoianStafida we are quite limited the campaign we know as much as you guys, I was lucky enough to play a demo back in June with some of the guys who have this editor build but that was the Falls End area.

I am guessing here I will say if the animal (croc) is in the editor then chances are it will be in the campaign but campaign is something that discussion wise was never on the table we find out about that on day of release we have the editor only nothing else.

The animals are a lot different in FC5 again any that could appear the same I think they will have had further work added so the appearance will be a tin bit different.
You can't fish in the editor as you can in campaign none of u have seen any options for that so I believe that isn't available.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 10:38 PM
He saves my sorry a$$ all the time in coop we have this double act where I run in all guns blazing then I turn around and hes gone, good thing is he returns to heal me then we repeat so lazy he sure isn't :) (speaking for Far Cry 4 coop)

ducain23
03-07-2018, 10:55 PM
With the water volumes... can you rotate them however you want? Wondering because I would love to have a stream running downhill and not just flat like in FC4 :)

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 10:58 PM
Thanks so much guys. I guess not all heroes wear capes! Ha.

1. What is the limit of lighting assets to a map?

2. In FC4 I remember that even if you had one of the best snipers, there would still be some kind of distance limit. Could be just dramatic bullet drop, but I dont think so. Would you have noticed that?

3. I remember FC4 night cycle being pretty bright. Is night time darker in FC5?

4. In FC4 I've noticed that lighting assets do not cast shadows, only sun/moon light. The lighting acted more like a glow. Is that still the case?

5. Do lighting assets still have the capability of clipping through objects when too close? That was really annoying in FC3, and FC4.

6. Also, did you happen to notice any Christmas lights? Ahah! :)

1. Sorry I don't know the limit, there are lots of different lights some small some bigger so I wonder if its an overall limit as an example 10 lights and it doesn't matter what size (this is something that hopefully we can check but I am at work right now)
So in Budget we have a Global Budget and I believe a Grid Budget you can look at these as they fill up when adding items into the map, I will try to test tomorrow unless some of the other guys do it.

2. I try to avoid sniper rifles I am a bad shot, I know we have them and I have used them, there is a small dot and on shooting the position appears to change a little - with Far Cry 4 you could hold your breath shoot and the sights would not be far away but this is a little more difficult you have to re-adjust a little (This IMO is more realistic) I was in the military and although I never saw combat we did shoot on the 300m ranges and then ran to the 200 and then 100 while putting down fire at each shoot point, I don't know of the distance I am the type of guy who trys to avoid sniping I cry like a baby.
Some of the others should be able to answer better what I will say is I like these rifles better in FC5 and the noises and animations IMO are better.

3. I don't think that it goes as dark in FC5 just from the standard day / night cycle but there are honestly so many factors if you add fog, if you add cloud, add cloud shadows - increase fog or lower clouds - there are different skies, we can rotate the backdrops or raise / lower them so you could find the highest point which could cast more shadows onto your map - as default light goes this is only my opinion I would say that FC4 is a little darker at the darkest time but we can also darken / black out the moon and alter lots of settings so I believe there will be ways to make the map appear very dark, also depends on what is around are you in an outdoor open space etc.

4. Sorry that is not a strong point area for me you know how it is with building maps some are more into things than others, we have all talked about FC4 at a set time there is that golden glow I think there might be something similar in FC5 but would have to play around, you can cast shadows from the clouds and if you turn the wind up the shadows move around.c(Help I am sure some of the others will answer this better than I can)

5. Again I don't know, I am currently building a mostly indoor map called Inner Rage and one of the items is a room with 3 ways in or out, there is a roof when inside but from the outside the item looks see through, the sunlight can cast straight into that room and it looks a little false, If I wanted to I could place flat items over the roof to block out the sun and cast shadow into the room I know that works as I have tried.

There is a god ray selection in the editor that will cast light into a map that looks good and there is fake sky and other stuff, you will be able to tell me when it releases you can do a tutorial for me so I can brush up some skills in that area ;)

6. There are lots of lights if you remember Far Cry 3 when you go to that first safe area town there are some lights that have small bulbs on string which you hang up there are some looking similar but re-modeled better, lots and lots of lights, using omni or spotlight you could maybe shine a different color onto the lights to make them have more of a Christmas theme.

Sorry I am not very helpful in those questions you asked.

DapperHayden007
03-07-2018, 10:58 PM
With the water volumes... can you rotate them however you want? Wondering because I would love to have a stream running downhill and not just flat like in FC4 :)

Nope, it can only be rotated on the X axis

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 11:08 PM
I seen plenty of shelves and books. Plenty of desks. Do we have doors that open and close? I know we can rappel. Debating to use the bland pieces we can use to paint. Build the library from scratch. I hope there's police cars or fire trucks. I know we got toilets and sinks. So that helps cause Library had the bathroom stalls. Ya know me. I like to make at least 1 or 2 tribute maps or more.
I have never played that game, when at E3 with Lazy Mapper and Caffein8ted we were in a queue for Rainbow Six but they spotted Dan Hay walking around so we went over got a selfie with him and had a chat - top bloke he always has time for people and is so damn relaxed.

So you will find lots of kitchen items and things that would go in one, books, toilet items you should be fine building what you described (I think there is even a dog turd in the editor)
I didn't see any police cars or any fire engines or R6 assets sorry.

Doors you guys will love them, there are loads but the special ones are listed as Door Dynamic I think.
You can blow these up or shoot them to bits - they open and close you just walk into them and they move effortlessly, so they are special because if you go into Object Preferences you can then set the angle minimum / maximum to which the door can open.

There are also some bunker hatches that are animated press a key / button and they open they can't be shut afterwards.
Also a big thick vault type door which again is animated you turn a wheel to open it, the hatches also have individual standard and large hatch covers so you could design your own entry point.
I am using a chain-link type fence that is also connected to a chain-link dynamic door this can be destroyed with grenades and blasts, doors are wooden some have glass there is a torture door I guess approx 14 doors dynamic in the build we are using.

Brimtown
03-07-2018, 11:26 PM
1. Can you create waterfalls/flowing water, by placing water at a higher elevation and having it move to a lower area?

2. Can you group objects together, and lock them into one object, or copy/paste groups?

3. Can objects such as fences be snapped together?

4. For the skyscrapers - are these primarily decorative, or can you go inside any of them?

And I'm really hoping *fingers crossed*​ that we get some sort of DINOSAUR version of DLC.

emrdesign
03-07-2018, 11:36 PM
Are there any of the tall ships from AC Black flag in the IGE and can they be driven?

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 11:43 PM
1. Can you create waterfalls/flowing water, by placing water at a higher elevation and having it move to a lower area?

2. Can you group objects together, and lock them into one object, or copy/paste groups?

3. Can objects such as fences be snapped together?

4. For the skyscrapers - are these primarily decorative, or can you go inside any of them?

And I'm really hoping *fingers crossed*​ that we get some sort of DINOSAUR version of DLC.
Hey Brimtown not long now and we will be in some FC4 PvP matches.

1.Water does not flow from one level to another, maybe the campaign might have something like that but we don't in our build I don't think we will have that with the launch game, however there will be water particles unsure of the wording but some kind of thing maybe like in FC3 that create splashes or some type on animation (we don't have it in our build and I am out of my depth discussing something we have not used Florent might answer better for you)
So by combining water at different heights and using some of these new water particle things (I don't know the exact name) and adding rocks it is thought that creative people will be able to make some nice features possibly like a waterfall - we will see at launch hopefully.

2. No you can't lock them as one group - you can duplicate items as we could in FC4 for console I can't answer sorry I know we can edit by degrees multiple items on console but I didn't try to clone / copy paste multiple objects (on PC sure you can do that) on Console with FC4 I think it was maybe one item at a time but as we can highlight multiple and move them by degrees I am hopeful that maybe we can do this on console that's one to try at launch for us all ;)

3. There is a SNAP feature on PC if there is one on Console I didn't see it (but my time was limited when trying the PS4) Far Cry 4 didn't have snap so at this point we can't answer we are all on the PC build sorry.

4. I believe they are all decorative I have looked at them briefly but not used them in a map, they are huge you could place a span on top if you want and wingsuit /parachute from them.
The other guys might know better I think Kyle has used them, I think they are all closed but guessing - They look great by the way people have wanted those for ages.

We only know the same as you guys reference DLC I know several have mentioned dinosaurs.

I will say that the trees look awesome and Palm Trees and Banana Trees are back better than ever :)

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 11:45 PM
Are there any of the tall ships from AC Black flag in the IGE and can they be driven?
I didn't see any but did see cannon balls and cannons I think you could custom build one (a pirate ship) been honest I have not used anything from Assassins or Watchdogs and only browsed through stuff there might be some ship wrecks or parts if there is a ship I don't remember so will check for you tomorrow.

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 11:53 PM
Man you guys are part of an elite club I'd kill to be part of.

Brimtown
03-07-2018, 11:54 PM
Do you know if animals can be programmed with any sort of AI? For example, giving them a territory that they will defend, making them more or less aggressive, etc?

Scottslive
03-07-2018, 11:55 PM
So the TDM map you made as a recreation of AC: Origins, does that mean there are a few assests from Origins? Or did you improvise?

Also I think you might of said but I didnít notice, are there Wildlife from other games like FC4 and Primal? Some AC Origins wildlife would be pretty awesome too.

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 12:17 AM
Sorry if this has been asked. What's the map size compared to FC4?

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Hi guys im back for a little bit, looks like Steve answered some of you questions, but Ill *TRY* to answer the last two.

There are animal AND npc control zones that are basically adjustable volumes that can be placed, they are like magnets for nearby AI, if I understand how they work properly. Enemy AI have multiple control zone variations for different action within the zone. Think super animation points mixed with automated scripting, thats kind of what they are like. They are adjustable in size, like water volumes in the X and Y axis, but also the Z axis for height. They can be made very small to very large, and overlap. They are placeable like a regular asset.

As for the Origins map I made, no there are no Origins assets unfortunately. My fingers are crossed that maybe one of the future 6 assets packs is related to that game, but I honestly do not have an idea.

I just used a mix of terrain, and paint for the pyramids, and various assets from various games to create the world. Mostly FC4 and 5 assets, though I think there are a few WD assets mixed in too.
Aside from the Yeti, the only wildlife is from FC5 currently. But I will say, you wont fell like that area is lacking. Theres a LOT imo.

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 12:26 AM
US, its been asked, its 512x512...no difference. You seem a bit let...angry today??? ;)

DapperHayden007
03-08-2018, 12:26 AM
Man you guys are part of an elite club I'd kill to be part of.

It's truly amazing to have the opportunity!

Do you know if animals can be programmed with any sort of AI? For example, giving them a territory that they will defend, making them more or less aggressive, etc?

Control zones work on AI so they can be given a "territory" however you cannot change their natural aggression. You can also set them to respawn when out of sight, or when they die.

So the TDM map you made as a recreation of AC: Origins, does that mean there are a few assests from Origins? Or did you improvise?

Also I think you might of said but I didn’t notice, are there Wildlife from other games like FC4 and Primal? Some AC Origins wildlife would be pretty awesome too.

He had to improvise on the map. There's a LOT of assets which make building it easier.
Also, Wildlife are FC5 only (aside from the Yeti)

Sorry if this has been asked. What's the map size compared to FC4?

It's the same size (512x512)

Scottslive
03-08-2018, 12:31 AM
Well I canít say Iím not disappointed. Thanks for the answer though... I guess the Crocodile clip might be from Far Cry 3 as they had Saltwater Crocs... or they went bananas and added crocs or gators to Montana...

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Think, aside from Yetis, is its native to montana, its probably in the game (at least the main animals, obviously not ALL the wildlife lol) You can see a lot of it in released videos, you just need to look

CAFFEIN8TED
03-08-2018, 12:40 AM
So concerning which games assets were taken from you can refer to Ubisoft’s own post about the map editor.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1846850-Far-Cry-5-Map-Editor

- More than 9,000 assets to pick from, available day one. For the first time, this will include assets from Far Cry 5, but also many from other Ubisoft games: Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Unity, and Watch Dogs!

T-6000
03-08-2018, 12:51 AM
Woah, I knew I should have checked the forums earlier! So much about the in game editor, thanks to you guys relaying what you know about it. But I do have a few questions about it (which I hope haven't already been asked).

1. In the Far Cry 4 editor, I have the option to disable Heath Regeneration. Can you also disabled it in the new Farcry 5 Editor? (Yeah, I'm obsessed with game challenges).

2. Can you edit the health and damage output of the enemy A.I. you spawn (sort of like what you can do in the Doom Snapmap level editor)

Honestly, however, I am just happy that the editor is basically the same as in Far Cry 4 but with much more additional things you can do.

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 12:56 AM
US, its been asked, its 512x512...no difference. You seem a bit let...angry today??? ;)

I have no issues with 512, especially with 3d back drops

Did you mean "less"?

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 01:00 AM
Theres a full suite of modifiers, cant get into details there, but a lot from FC4 make a return

And USmovers, yes lol

S0GGY.
03-08-2018, 01:03 AM
In the previous FarCry editors on pc, you could surpass the budget limit. Is this still possible in the fc5 pc editor?

DapperHayden007
03-08-2018, 01:16 AM
In the previous FarCry editors on pc, you could surpass the budget limit. Is this still possible in the fc5 pc editor?

You can, but won't be able to publish this time around

S0GGY.
03-08-2018, 01:50 AM
I see, are they still available for play in private lobbies instead?

Brimtown
03-08-2018, 02:05 AM

Wait... You can't publish maps, or download them from a server? The ONLY way to get someone's map is to join a match that's hosting that map?

That sounds like a MASSIVE step back.

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 02:13 AM
Yall are misunderstanding I think.

Hayden was responding to the ability to publish if a map is over budget. Before, PC did have a soft budget that still allowed you to publish, now you cant publish if you hit it. But rest assured, Ive made a lot of maps and have yet to run into an issue...

S0GGY.
03-08-2018, 02:24 AM

Hayden was responding to the ability to publish if a map is over budget. Before, PC did have a soft budget that still allowed you to publish, now you cant publish if you hit it. But rest assured, Ive made a lot of maps and have yet to run into an issue...

Righto, just wanna make sure I can still at least run private co-op lobbies with my maps if they go over the budget.

Brimtown
03-08-2018, 02:24 AM

Ok thanks. Ubisoft actually did something like that with FC3, made it much more difficult to share maps even though the editor itself was supposed to be better

DapperHayden007
03-08-2018, 02:34 AM

^this, my bad, I wasn't being clear enough, thanks for clearing it up Kyle :)

T-6000
03-08-2018, 02:48 AM
Nice to hear the modifiers are back, at least. The maps I make are basically simplistic maps I make for myself (which is why I don't plan on self publishing maps for Far Cry 5 either. I'd just bore people with how simple my maps are anyways). Maps that test the limit in regards of my skill, speed, and reflexes in first person shooters. I spawn in a few enemy waves, give myself a specific weapon, scatter ammo across the map, and place in numerous but limited covers to use. Add on top of that limited health kits and armor. I'll also disable health regeneration and the mini map to really push the difficulty. Yeah.....I'm a Masochist. I tend to make Doom maps in a similar fashion with Snap Map. :D

Well, I may as well quit with my ramblings and sneak in a couple more questions. Since the level editor is making use of assets from other Far Cry games, can you place in weapons from Far Cry 4 or are you restricted with only Far Cry 5 weapons?

And how is the enemy A.I. this time around? Has it improved from Far Cry 4? I felt the A.I. for enemies in Far Cry 4 (at least for the level editor) wasn't bad. But it was also lacking somewhat.

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 02:48 AM
No, budget is budget. Cant go over for anything published.

I suppose you could go over and save the file and share it as a SP map with your friends via SM, that should work, as its worked historically

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 02:53 AM
T6000, only FC5 weapons in our build.

As for AI I find it MUCH better. They are smarter, more difficult to fight and much better animation.

Alst a fun note, since we are now actual NPCs ourselves (that can be modified in game) we actually have FEET and LEGS for the first time ever! lol

So, we can kick, and knee enemies, not unlike Dying Light.

Also MOST fc5 assets have climbable ledges built in, and it seems to me that older assets have been updated with better textures and some have ledges that couldnt be climbed before, but I COULD be wrong, this is my impression...

T-6000
03-08-2018, 02:57 AM
That's good to know! :D Damn, March 27th can't come fast enough!

S0GGY.
03-08-2018, 03:05 AM
No, budget is budget. Cant go over for anything published.

Ah well, that's a bit disappointing. Thank you for the information.

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 04:30 AM

Theres a full suite of modifiers, cant get into details there, but a lot from FC4 make a return

And USmovers, yes lol

Yeah. No issues with the budget. Still severely disappointed with the lobby. HYPER excited for the editor. Just very sad the maps I pour so much love into will likely collect dust and while some people may randomly download them I myself will rarely get to play them.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 06:46 AM
1. In the Far Cry 4 editor, I have the option to disable Heath Regeneration. Can you also disabled it in the new Farcry 5 Editor? (Yeah, I'm obsessed with game challenges).

2. Can you edit the health and damage output of the enemy A.I. you spawn (sort of like what you can do in the Doom Snapmap level editor)

1. From what I am seeing this system is a little different in FC5 than what you had in FC4
I would need to check later today but I think we can set how many medi kits we start a map with obviously from a number allowed, now starting with them or picking them up while playing gives you the option to heal fast, once these run out I have had to wait to auto heal.

FC5 A.I. are tough it's harder than FC4 they react better also, the health regeneration does take some time to go up - without this and without medi kits you need to be Superman :)
I will look for you today but I did not see anything that changed the level of take-downs earned so maybe its down to the individual player and what they have earned in game they carry over, if this is the case then possibly individual players can edit their own profile criteria while playing (we have no access to Arcade) there are some settings and options I can take a look for you - finishing work in an hour.

2. No we can't do that sorry.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 06:53 AM
And how is the enemy A.I. this time around? Has it improved from Far Cry 4? I felt the A.I. for enemies in Far Cry 4 (at least for the level editor) wasn't bad. But it was also lacking somewhat.
They will kick the crap out of you so you will feel the pain ;)
I read that you like it tough, I have a map made and it's hard I have had A.I. flying a helicopter and they fly these good unlike in FC4
A.I. don't spawn in / on vehicles like they did in FC4 but they can use them you have to make sure on the navmesh that they can get to vehicles whick is just a click away to check.

I have had them run into the sea almost up to their knees and they often hide behind trees while shooting, in FC4 they attacked in groups and you would kill a lot at once, my experience is that they often have gaps between them when attacking and are more aggressive and more intelligent.

Your gonna get killed quick buddy if you like it tough :)

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
03-08-2018, 07:23 AM
How many AI can be placed on console? Still stuck at 64?

T-6000
03-08-2018, 07:43 AM
"Your gonna get killed quick buddy if you like it tough"

Now *THAT* is what I like to hear! :D

....I think I need help :eek:

Either way, maybe I should leave auto health on (if it's an option). Thanks for filling me in on some of the details.

Sknipester
03-08-2018, 07:44 AM
1) Can you have no time limit (escape maps) ? If not, what's the maximum time limit in 12 player modes?

2) Vote to skip in game?

3) Is there a limit to how many "water" areas you can place? Do u receive damage the longer you are underwater?

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 08:49 AM
I know some are concerned with budgets so take a look at these stats below.

I just checked the height of one sky scraper by raising terrain and it was 325 high.https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f18/1.5/16/1f62c.png😬

And that wasn't the highest.
The highest one is 455 high so almost max as we can only go to 500

So the biggest one called Landmark John Hancock I placed 7 in the map and that goes from one side to the other with them sticking over the edges over the grid that's how big it is, the roof is totally flat on this.

4 out of the 6 in our build have flat roofs, you can't get inside any of them.

I just placed 56 of the big sky scraper which virtually fills the whole map and looking at the global budget the only things showing are Terrain and Memory.
Memory I would estimate at possibly 3 percent of the budget taken up with 56 of those monster buildings.

So something as huge as that is so cheap on the budget, this will be down to working out what is expensive and what is cheap - before people start shouting remember that in FC4 the corpses were really costly and would actually cost a lot more than the sky scrapers in FC5.

I believe that when people start experimenting and finding what works best for them then we will see some phenomenal maps in looks and creativeness.
Remember lots of items are destructible, some would vanish when destroyed and others leave fragments in the map I remember seeing some wooden fencing floating in water after been blown apart and I have a map where lots of fences can be destroyed and these are still live in the map afterward you can move them a little by pushing at them so all things like this will no doubt increase the cost on the item (I am guessing here) some items might not have properties so could be cheaper.

There is a huge number of destructible items honestly loads of them.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 08:53 AM
How many AI can be placed on console? Still stuck at 64?
I only played around briefly with the PS4 version for maybe 20 mins and that was back in December (got the chance to look at the editor so wasn't going to turn that down)
I think it's 5 waves of 13 so 65 max, the A.I. is a lot tougher seriously but that boils down to the weapons we use we can make it easy if we want but still they are more challenging and obviously they heal friends if you don't finish them off.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 09:06 AM
1) Can you have no time limit (escape maps) ? If not, what's the maximum time limit in 12 player modes?
None of us know the answer to that, we are not connected to the Arcade Browser, that is where there might be options to change times but we have not seen so don't know.

2) Vote to skip in game?
Same as above sorry none of us can answer that who have the Beta Editor.

3) Is there a limit to how many "water" areas you can place? Do u receive damage the longer you are underwater?
Yes same as FC4 you stay under too long and you will start to drown but there are modifiers if you want unlimited underwater breathing.

Placing water layers now known as Lake and counting them isn't as easy as it sounds it would depend on what size these are remember we can resize them down to approx the smallest the square cursor will go when editing terrain.

So as an example the size goes up to 512.00 which is basically looking at it I would say its the full map size with one at max size.
So I just placed 9 of these in a grid square and multiplied it over 9 grid squares which is 90 Lakes all small in size and looking at the budgets I would say it's a pin ***** hardly showing at all, Memory possibly at 2%

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Ok so can you host publicly?
NO

1. Join public with Randoms 3 get chosen to pick a map then everyone votes for the map they want to play, then it repeats.

2. Get a team of 6 and take that team into a public lobby, same as above 3 chosen to pick a map and then everyone votes, so with 6 people you have a 50% chance of been picked and 50% of the votes providing you all vote for the same map which means you stand a better chance to play the maps you want that way.

3. Private
Two teams of 6 one person invites the other via a password and the 5 others on each team follow them into a private game so 6 v 6 hopefully on different sides, still the same process 3 people are chosen to pick a map then everyone votes for the map they want then the process repeats.

My guess is that if a person leaves then someone else might be able to get in but would require an invite and the password but you would have to get conformation from those who know because we are not connected to the Map Browser or PvP so can't check we find out the same way either someone tells us or we buy and find out at launch.

Bengrey999
03-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Hi guys

Just wanted to know is the A.I from the previous far cry games being added to far cry 5 for example the pirates from far cry 3 or the royal army from far cry 4

Also how is the enemy variety for the map editor, how many in total and can you edit them in any way (health, weapons etc)

Thanks

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Thats a very bad and limiting lobby system. So there is no freedom at all to host and no freedom in setting up any kind of host options. There is no control in map selection.
It is what it is, we are all under NDA and it's so easy to go over the red line so we have to be careful, all I will say is that almost everything mentioned has already been brought up so when people push the topic in the forums on budget or hosting or things they would like to see these have been pushed and pushed before there are approx 20 of us with different styles of play some like SP others like MP some played Instincts and some FC2 so the majority who like PvP basically want the same.

Luckily over the years a lot of us now know each other online with 1st name terms, we don't have the FC2 hosting lobbies but surely it can't be that hard to have an area where people say "I am available for an hour anyone want to play some multiplayer also any chance I could see / play this map and this one"

I am not selfish and there are more the same we just want to tear it up and enjoy the quality maps and see what others are building, the tools and platform used means communication is used so it's just down to people really they either go in public and wait to choose and see if their map gets voted to play or they organize a match with others and make it work with one another - I feel I will be ok there are plenty of people on all platforms so 12 people play 1 map each that we all select then do it again if people want to, some just want to play and don't build so they might select another for the guys in the room.

Gonna see how it goes at launch - Confident it will work for what I need but we are all different.

T-6000
03-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Hi guys

Just wanted to know is the A.I from the previous far cry games being added to far cry 5 for example the pirates from far cry 3 or the royal army from far cry 4

Also how is the enemy variety for the map editor, how many in total and can you edit them in any way (health, weapons etc)

Thanks

Based on what Fallen Champ had told me, you won't be able to edit each of the enemy A.I. (such as their health, weapons, and damage output). The other stuff you've asked, I'd love to know about myself.

I do have another question about the editor. Would we be able to select which skills are activated and which aren't for each of the maps we edit? I know that in the Farcry 4 editor, the 4 options would be "Basic Skills", "Basic Skills without takedowns", "All Skills", and "All Skills without takedowns".

truesurv1val
03-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Question, is it possible to place vehicles, spawnpoints, ladders and extraction points underground?

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Hi guys

Just wanted to know is the A.I from the previous far cry games being added to far cry 5 , Also how is the enemy variety for the map editor, how many in total and can you edit them in any way (health, weapons etc)

Thanks
Hi Bengrey
All the A.I. are new there are none from Far Cry 4.
I am not going to list them but will give some info.
A.I. Animals
This is just the build we have so who knows things could change with the final released version

Air (10) All birds

Ground Domestic (11)
Attack dog looks so cute - the pig looks a lot better than the one in FC4 detail wise, so bull sheep cow that kind of thing.

Ground Wild (22)
We don't have a croc in our version, there is a snake some wolves, some smaller animals skunk and wolverine and other stuff.

So with Enemies these don't spawn in vehicles anymore, there are still 5 waves if you want to use all 5.
This you need to know
The A.I. will only show for the map type you are making so if you are making a multiplayer map we can't have Enemies in those only animals so the Enemy A.I. and Friendly A.I. won't show you will only see animals available as A.I.

In Solo / Coop maps you will then see everything (All A.I.)
Going to map Properties and Edit Objective will allow you to change the mode (you get the option to save map before changing also like FC4 when changing modes all the A.I. in a map would vanish from the previous mode)

The other A.I. show as
ENEMIES (There are 6 choices in a drop down box) Over 200 in total to choose some have different clothing so the w
ALLIES
NEUTRALS

Allies will help you fight the enemy they come in different clothing and have different weapons.
Neutrals won't fight they will get trashed by wild animals, I have seen the cult / enemy interacting with them verbally so Neutrals don't get in the way it seems.

There are so many of these to choose from, some are themed so that theme / clothing would have one of each weapon that they use so one sniper male one sniper female, possibly 7 choices in weapons that they use then there are more so although they often repeat they look totally different.

The FC5 A.I. is good and has lots of different characters, we have lots more than FC4 ever had.
I had a look at an enemy and went into Object Preferences this then gave the option to assign the enemy to a control zone, we can't dictate what health they have or what weapons or anything like that.

Control Zones are found in A.I. Management
For an Animal it is called Territory

For NPC we get 3 selections
Defend
Defend Cautious
Move and Defend

After placing the Control Zone you can highlight it in Object Properties, select the shape Box or Cylinder, adjust X,Y,Z for the size and then assign any A.I. to the control zone.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Question, is it possible to place vehicles, spawnpoints, ladders and extraction points underground?
I just put a vehicle under terrain, a ladder, spawn point, A.I. Enemy, a selected Target for Hunt Mode, Outpost Alarm and all validated under terrain.
The Extraction Point for Journey didn't validate, our build is approx 3 months old - there will be some changes no doubt so we will find out at launch.

Bengrey999
03-08-2018, 12:47 PM
OVER 200 ENEMY TYPES

Jesus thatís a lot, canít wait to see what they all look like

Shame the A.I from previous games canít be used but you said there is an omega soldier in the editor so thatís something

Uncle-Biff
03-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Hi,
Thank you for being so open with this information :) I think the changes in this latest editor will no doubt make Far Cry 5 one of my favourite games ever.
I have a few questions too:

1. In terms of AI, are we able to place Yetis and Shangri-la monsters in the editor as well as any AI from Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs?

2. I read that you can apparently change loadouts in the menu and customise the guns, but can you for example choose to place a pistol on the ground and then edit the same gun with a paint job and attachments leaving custom guns in the map to be picked up by players?

3. Are there any destructible walls and buildings?

4. Can certain effects be triggered like explosions or fog by stepping in a certain area or pressing a button etc?

5. In your opinion is the map editor easy to use like all previous versions?

6. You may not know this but I'll ask it anyway... Will the editor be available from day one or is it likely to be one of those things that gets added later (like GTA online)?

And lastly..
How on Earth did you manage to get the chance to test out this editor before launch? Did you suggest things to Ubisoft and they make changes based off your feedback? :)

Sorry for asking so many questions in one post. A simple yes or no will suffice for most of them but I'm just way too excited to get this game and share my creations with everyone :)

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 12:57 PM
OVER 200 ENEMY TYPES

Jesus that’s a lot, can’t wait to see what they all look like
Sorry I don't think I explained properly.
Imagine you had Assaulter / Brawler / Berserker / Defender / Pistol / Rocket / Sniper / TNT in specific clothing.
So those could then repeat with another face and different clothing so each time as an example there could be a set of say 7 to choose and every 7 you then get a different character and all weapons are the same character then another character 7 times so one for each weapon.

There are some more and the actual FC5 Enemies have different looks and stuff, you need to see it yourself, basically there are lots of choices so if you want an enemy sniper to make it easy there could be a lot of choice to have that enemy sniper in different clothing so for Security you could maybe pick over 10 different looks to get the sniper if that makes any sense.

(I think I am digging a big hole for myself here - help - There are a lot and you will love it man)

zeeEVIL1
03-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Do not have time this morning to read all of the pages, but would like to say thanks for getting the info out to us, and also to ask, what the deal is with MP game modes. What is included and whats coming or creatable?

Bengrey999
03-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Hi there
Itís my fault I didnít word it properly
I knew what you meant about the different appreances but I put Ďtypesí instead
That being said it sounds very impressive
Thanks for the info 👍

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Uncle-Biff (https://forums.ubi.com/member.php/2542722-Uncle-Biff)
1. Yes there is a Yeti he will work in solo / coop / multiplayer maps - No shangri la demons (no A.I. from primal or FC4 / I don't see any from Assassins but this is several months old so at launch there could be some differences) There are 8 A.I. Enemies OMEGA each looks the same and has a different weapon when selected, I believe that Omega is an enemy from Blood Dragon)

2. You can only add attachments to weapons via loadouts - I don't really want to get in the sh1t with this question I think it would push me over the line with the NDA.
There is a shop and we can buy weapon skins and stuff also I am sure we can unlock things I think if you unlock skills in Campaign they work in PvP so if you have a cool weapon that you unlocked with a set skin you like and that weapon is placed in the map you are playing I don't know if when you pick it up that weapon would stay as is or would it become the one you have with the skins attachments etc - that is for one of the Devs or Community Managers to explain - There is some cool stuff that we have not seen working and it is wrong for us to guess If any of us find out we will post for you but I am hoping myself they do a reveal or article on that question - If I have breached any NDA I might have to delete some of that above, I think if you are using a cool weapon that you earned or bought and you are killed someone could pick it up and use it but if they die or the match ends it's gone so to have it all the time they would need to unlock it and the default weapon would have to be available in the map to use.

3. There are 100s of destructible items it's frightening how many, this brings some problems because it means that someone might be able to get out of your map so the best thing to do is to give yourself a lot of grenades and TnT and when you plave things in the map throw it at them to see if they blow up then you know that could be an exit out.
You might think the playable zone can stop that but it doesn't work at height so someone could maybe climb up to areas you don't want them at so checking / perfecting maps could take longer.
You can't blow walls or buildings up that I know of I have not seen that yet and am guessing it's a no.
There are enough items you will be able to find to make your own custom built buildings or walls that would degrade when hit with explosions.
Speaking of buildings some are so big you could maybe build the map inside the actual building itself.

4. We don't have that in our build - there is a fish that we can walk up to and it moves (on the wall) and makes a noise when prompted, the Bunker Hatch doors open when prompted - is it doable I don't know the Developers would have to answer that, I would love to see scripting in Far Cry Arcade.

5. If you go from the Instincts games or Far Cry 2 to this then the learning curve is bigger because those didn't have water layers, Terrain Hole etc - Going from FC4 to FC5 Its easier but like learning all over again because the structure is different on the way the items are found.

Generally yo go into a selection so say Far Cry 5 I then get Objects or Structures so selecting Objects I then get more options like Commercial / Government / Military / Religious now each of these could have Branding and Signs / Decals / Lighting / Storage / Supplies, it's not the same for everything but quite a few have them so if you want a specific thing you can on PC type in the search and try to find it that way, the console doesn't have a search function so will take longer to learn where things are.

I keep thinking wow that's great I will use that and I am on PC I forget where it was or the name so my advice is if you find something super cool put it in a test map and save it there along with everything else you like.

Hopefully we can get a full list for consoles so people can copy / paste it to a document and do their own search that way.

6. Like Sab said Arcade which is the Editor, Map Browser and the shop - place to play maps all that is free on day one for whatever version of Far Cry you buy.

And lastly..
How on Earth did you manage to get the chance to test out this editor before launch? Did you suggest things to Ubisoft and they make changes based off your feedback?
Unsure if this breaches NDA - Basically we were contacted and it went from there, who could turn it down, can't really go into any details sorry.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Do not have time this morning to read all of the pages, but would like to say thanks for getting the info out to us, and also to ask, what the deal is with MP game modes. What is included and whats coming or creatable?

Mike I know you would do the same for us.
So in the build we have we can make TDM or DM maps up to 12 players.
That's all we have we don't know of any others that are coming out, this is the weakest Far Cry released for multiplayer with only two modes but I guess there are also 4 Solo / Coop modes too.

I will always stick by this opinion that for Far Cry these are the most played modes looking over the series from instincts 2005 (I didn't play the original on PC back in 2004)
TDM
DM / CTF (It's hard to call I thought on their day they were both as popular as each other)
Domination

With Instincts we had Seek and Secure I preferred that to Domination been honest, Far Cry 2 spun it into Uprising but totally lost the plot when only the Captain could capture the A,B,C points and there was no way to select who the captain was from the lobby.

Far Cry 3 had Transmission and Domination but they were also flawed, if one team is massively dominating then they should win but with FC3 the matches played until the time ran out on Domination you need to be able to set the mode to number of captures also the more team mates / players in a capture point you should then capture it quicker.

Far Cry 4 had Outpost but that was attack and defend - swap sides in the middle.

Other than TDM / DM / CTF / Domination I also love Last Man Standing, King Of The Hill and Predator mode so any of those would be brilliant - as is we have 2 modes I hope they will take their time and get any they add correct, also hoping in time we get more modes but it's a question only the Devs can answer.

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Hey I am back for a bit....

GRAW....YES! There are a sh#tload of textures! and there IS a ground leaves texture, which I have used a lot. Looks great along roadsides. Cant remember the sound, but there are a certain amount of sfx for textures, just not sure how many.

There are also hundreds of amazing decals, I think there might be 6-8 leaf ones alone. Most if not all are pretty high resolution, and the texture of what is behind them shows through the decals, which is awesome.

So if you place, say, a white strip on an asphalt painted road, the bumpy texture shows through the decal, making it appear painted.

Theres also these awesome new decal/nature assets that come in a variety of styles that are pebbles, rocks, and a mixture of rocks and decals that total form to the ground beneath, so if its on a slope, or add surface, they form to it, and look fantastic. Some of my favorites honestly.

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 03:10 PM
And BTW, it was confirmed by Flo yesterday that the assets are closer to 10k, not 9k. And combine that with the variations 100s of generic assets with textures, and youll never be wanting, but clearly we will still be getting a lot more with the 6 asset packs!

As I said before, this IGE blows away all previous versions in every category...and could be sold as a standalone due to its feature rich content, if they wanted to. Thats just my opinion. I think if they did that, they might bring even more people into the community, dont you?

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 03:38 PM
As with all other assets, decals are NOT limited. As I said, there appears to be hundreds, though I have not actually counted them.

emrdesign
03-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Is it possible to connect maps? Say you have Map1 that ends with a door you can enter. But when you enter the door it loads map2 and that door is actually the starting point from map2 ?

DapperHayden007
03-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to connect maps? Say you have Map1 that ends with a door you can enter. But when you enter the door it loads map2 and that door is actually the starting point from map2 ?

Not without publishing them as 2 separate maps, would be an awesome feature though

emrdesign
03-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Not without publishing them as 2 separate maps, would be an awesome feature though

Yes, they have that in Dying Light and it would be nice if possible. Could still be that you have to upload them as separate maps, but would be nice if you could connect them somehow.

Or maybe it is not possible between maps, but you can spawn the player to another location on the same map after he enters a door.

BattlePHILd
03-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Far Cry 3 had Transmission and Domination but they were also flawed, if one team is massively dominating then they should win but with FC3 the matches played until the time ran out on Domination you need to be able to set the mode to number of captures also the more team mates / players in a capture point you should then capture it quicker.

Far Cry 3 also had Firestorm. Personally, I loved that, but I'm not surprised at all that it's not coming back.

As for Bounty Hunt, in the demo map that we've seen people play, the target is painted red for the player to see. Is that something you can turn off so the player has to hunt the target down without knowing where he is?

Scottslive
03-08-2018, 05:38 PM
In the bounty game mode can the target also be an animal? Similar to the Hunt mode in FC4?

Scottslive
03-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Alright... if that was a no to my question thank you.

Now Iím just getting more dissapointed :(

P0utineFTW
03-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Can I make and play my maps offline like the older far cry games ? I don't have the best internet connection. I really can't wait to try the map editor, I think it will be the best one yet.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 06:45 PM
In the bounty game mode can the target also be an animal? Similar to the Hunt mode in FC4?
YES
However the Target can NOT be a Fish or a flying Bird (hen is ok) the reason could be that birds fly away and could be a nightmare to hit and putting them into a control zone if they hit the boundary they might look like they are having spasms that's my guess, fish similar they could be hard to find and might swim away so even harder to find again.

You can place up to 7 Targets in the editor build we are using, you select Bounty Hunt mode and a Bullseye appears it's simple to add a target you click the bullseye then start selecting your targets, if you want to un-select one just click the bullseye and the already selected target and it will deselect.

So targets can be Enemies or Animals but not fish or flying birds.
Once you kill them all the Extraction Point shows up and getting to that ends the map.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Can I make and play my maps offline like the older far cry games ? I don't have the best internet connection. I really can't wait to try the map editor, I think it will be the best one yet.
You can create any map offline but can't play multiplayer maps offline obviously, if you make solo maps and include A.I. you can play these offline but to publish a map and to download other maps you have to be online to use the Arcade Map Browser.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Far Cry 3 also had Firestorm. Personally, I loved that, but I'm not surprised at all that it's not coming back.

As for Bounty Hunt, in the demo map that we've seen people play, the target is painted red for the player to see. Is that something you can turn off so the player has to hunt the target down without knowing where he is?
There is a modifier just for Bounty Hunt Mode that says Targets Visible from Start so I believe you have to get the target in your sights or binoculars if equipped for that to show above their head, maybe they turned on that modifier for the video so it's easier to understand how it works.

As for FC3 and Firestorm when Daniel Berlin announced that mode it sounded very good but the actual fire only worked on Ubisoft Maps and it never really cut any player off you had to turn around and walk into it because as it spread you spawned slightly away from it.

Far Cry 3 used shared spawns after the initial spawn which is never good for a team game like that IMO and when you were capturing the end Radar the green spawns kicked in so players getting battered then spawned right near you when killed - It could have been an amazing mode but was ruined by confusion, a bad spawn system and the fire not been present in user created maps.

Manlius10A
03-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Can you limit the number of players in PvP modes such as 4v4 TDM or 6 person DM?

Vika92806
03-08-2018, 07:43 PM
What about fog shadows and water pours ??? :)

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Deleted post

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 07:50 PM
What about fog shadows and water pours ??? :)

Please reread all the posts for answers, we seem to be getting a lot of repeat questions, thanks

rickybobby95
03-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Full list of vehicles? (excluding reskins)

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Full list of vehicles? (excluding reskins)
You get Land / Air / Water our build shows 192 in total, some are the same vehicle with different skins - unsure if our list is final or not, lots of vehicles but too many to list.

akilyoung
03-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Ricky, sorry we arent allowed to post a list yet, but Ill say, even excluding the skin variations, there are NUMEROUS. Like.....seriously.

From several offroad style, to military, to delivery vans and hot rods, as well as simple family sedans and rice rockets...the list goes on

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Are the AI all from the campaign or can we have other themes (other than dlc) like soldiers or just random plain clothed AI.

Scottslive
03-08-2018, 08:29 PM
YES
However the Target can NOT be a Fish or a flying Bird (hen is ok) the reason could be that birds fly away and could be a nightmare to hit and putting them into a control zone if they hit the boundary they might look like they are having spasms that's my guess, fish similar they could be hard to find and might swim away so even harder to find again.

You can place up to 7 Targets in the editor build we are using, you select Bounty Hunt mode and a Bullseye appears it's simple to add a target you click the bullseye then start selecting your targets, if you want to un-select one just click the bullseye and the already selected target and it will deselect.

So targets can be Enemies or Animals but not fish or flying birds.
Once you kill them all the Extraction Point shows up and getting to that ends the map.

Oh thatís awesome! Thank you! Made me feel a lot better.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Are the AI all from the campaign or can we have other themes (other than dlc) like soldiers or just random plain clothed AI.
ALS we don't know none of us have seen the campaign other than an extended Falls End demo some of us played in L.A. so we have no idea what the campaign will have with A.I.

There are a lot of A.I. in many different themed clothing not all look like soldiers, the friendly ones who don't take sides might look more like they are hiking in the woods they look quite normal - lots of variation with A.I.

Vika92806
03-08-2018, 09:20 PM
I noticed in the video in buildings from watch dogs, the light in the windows does not appear with the night coming. There is no way to put buildings with light in the windows ??? :(

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-08-2018, 09:36 PM
ALS we don't know none of us have seen the campaign other than an extended Falls End demo some of us played in L.A. so we have no idea what the campaign will have with A.I.

There are a lot of A.I. in many different themed clothing not all look like soldiers, the friendly ones who don't take sides might look more like they are hiking in the woods they look quite normal - lots of variation with A.I.

Thanks.

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 11:31 PM
I noticed in the video in buildings from watch dogs, the light in the windows does not appear with the night coming. There is no way to put buildings with light in the windows ??? :(

Perhaps hundreds of spotlights?

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 11:53 PM
I just had a look for you at the Watchdogs buildings, they all appear to be more for decoration, you can't go inside any of them windows can't be destroyed.
Put an omni light up to the window (this is a glow) you can alter the radius, the window lit up from the outside but putting the light inside the building you don't see anything the window stays black.

These Watchdogs assets don't appear to cost a lot so they are good to use this could be why they are static / basic to keep the cost low I imagine.

Fallen-Champ
03-08-2018, 11:56 PM
Some things I would like to point out the vegetation is very nice there are lots of bushes, grass trees etc and also some grass that can be placed like an asset.
Now those who like some of those WWII style maps there are some very nice looking sand bags, there's a hedgehog also barbed wire so I can already see a lot of maps as the D-Day ones are always popular among some people.

Vika92806
03-09-2018, 12:07 AM
I just had a look for you at the Watchdogs buildings, they all appear to be more for decoration, you can't go inside any of them windows can't be destroyed.
Put an omni light up to the window (this is a glow) you can alter the radius, the window lit up from the outside but putting the light inside the building you don't see anything the window stays black.

These Watchdogs assets don't appear to cost a lot so they are good to use this could be why they are static / basic to keep the cost low I imagine.

I know that they are static and you can not go into them. But how at night will all the windows be just black ??? No building models for the night when not all the windows are black ??? and use a spotlight costly!

DapperHayden007
03-09-2018, 12:14 AM
I know that they are static and you can not go into them. But how at night will all the windows be just black ??? No building models for the night when not all the windows are black ??? and use a spotlight costly!

In the trailer there was that trippy map where you go up stairs and there's a light at the end of the tunnel. That object would be the best option :)

P0utineFTW
03-09-2018, 12:30 AM
Is there tropical vegetation? I miss making WW2 Pacific style maps!

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Reference Rain in maps the way I just vied it is that looking at the Sky Option I can select different cloud formations, if I want can raise / lower clouds.
I opted to select STORMY and sure enough when I popped into the blank map it was raining, not pouring down but raining, there was a noise of thunder and in the distance the occasional flash in the background at lower level so lightning.

Had the map been a little darker then it might have looked a bit better.
There is an option where you can select maybe 4 choices for shadows which move faster depending on wind speed that you can alter these shadows you see moving over terrain but the clouds don't appear to move.

Also if you throw a smoke grenade or say a normal grenade the smoke from the blast will move in the wind the faster the wind the faster it moves - the environment tool has a lot going on especially with fog where there are lots of options.

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Is there tropical vegetation? I miss making WW2 Pacific style maps!
Damn right there is, you have beautiful Palm Trees and banana trees and these others I don't remember the name of them, so you can make a beach map or tropical map quite easy - approx 180 different terrain paint choices in the build we have.

emrdesign
03-09-2018, 12:42 AM
How about the big pirate ships from AC Blackflag? And can they be driven? :)

Sknipester
03-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Sorry if I missed this. What about snow texture?

What about "no-go" invisible boundaries telling the player he/she must turn around or they will die via countdown?

Can water volumes be raised? In other words, can I have a pond in one section 50 feet higher than a pond in another?

zeeEVIL1
03-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Thanks Steve.

Kinda bummed about the MP limitations. However, I will still restart the old EVIL's Sunday Slaughter game, and then just get 6 players and then do invites for people who request in advance. It will be fun.
So, can you put Helicopters in the MP maps? Are there any big Airplane assets. I really want to make a crashed plane map and if I do not have to build the plane then yay.
Also, what is your impression of the blank volumes that can be skinned? (Another thing that was requested for FC2. BTW)

emrdesign
03-09-2018, 01:20 AM
Can we create elevators or are there animated elevators in the map editor? Would be a nice addition for indoor maps.

truesurv1val
03-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Maybe i missed this question so much to read these days.

what about the maprating system?

Also is there a way to classify your map. Size, theme, and so on, Like Fc3 or like fc4.

DrShakez
03-09-2018, 07:01 AM

Seems to be the same as 4. After playing a new map, you're given a rating screen where you can give the map a plus, a minus, or skip rating.

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 10:28 AM
So, can you put Helicopters in the MP maps? Are there any big Airplane assets. I really want to make a crashed plane map and if I do not have to build the plane then yay.
Also, what is your impression of the blank volumes that can be skinned? (Another thing that was requested for FC2. BTW)
Yes there are different helicopters and planes, some for transport some armed so guns / rockets, planes have an overhead view to drop bombs.
There are a few broken pieces of a plane the rest are planes you fly, you could custom build one from Generic Shapes or Generic Signs.
That topic is one we can't really comment on as we have not seen them they are not in our build so unsure if available at launch or afterwards - sounds like there will be a way to select choices to have on Generic Shapes, we have over 300 of these shapes so however they do it this will be superb for us the Generic Shapes in my opinion walk beyond Far Cry into a place we have never been before with the Far Cry editor so very exciting.

Can we create elevators or are there animated elevators in the map editor? Would be a nice addition for indoor maps.
How about the big pirate ships from AC Blackflag? And can they be driven?
In Far Cry 2 Map Builder found a way to make something which worked like an Elevator (Video Here) (https://vimeo.com/4118366), Maxpower also did the same in FarCry 3 using water (Video Here) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwDDSoyu5vw), we don't have elevators I would 100% love that option.
Also no Pirate ships in the Assassins Creed DLC not on the build we have, maybe some will create one as a custom build we have cannons and cannon balls.

Sorry if I missed this. What about snow texture?

What about "no-go" invisible boundaries telling the player he/she must turn around or they will die via countdown?

Can water volumes be raised? In other words, can I have a pond in one section 50 feet higher than a pond in another?
I see 12 options for Snow / Ice with Texture Paint some are with Grass, Glacier, Ice, Rock and different types of Snow so more than enough.

Yes Water Volume is now known as Lake you select it and can then move it like a normal item so raise move etc, You can go to 500 high same as terrain, in Object Preferences you can alter the size of the lake from the smallest square cursor size when editing terrain to the full size of the map - You can also add in multiple lake items at different height I placed 90 in a map as a test and it took up approx 2% of the budget - and there are different selections so they could appear slightly different with waves or flatter and different color depending on selection.

Same out of bounds, there might be items that have extended properties which have been used in the past, hiding the item and using the extended properties to act as an invisible barrier - I am sure someone will find a way but I have not checked to find one that works that way yet.

Maybe i missed this question so much to read these days.

Also is there a way to classify your map. Size, theme, and so on, Like Fc3 or like fc4.
We can't get in arcade we are not connected online so don't know of the final system they are using.
As said I think you can rate a map and like it, also add to favorites but don't quote me on that.
There is a Manual Tag you add similar to in FC4 where you might pick Beach / Close Range / Guns Blazing / Horror so over 70 Tags to choose from in our build.

Phunky_2P
03-09-2018, 12:10 PM
I probably missed this question, if so thanks for answering in advance.

Is there a way to randomize the weapon spawns? In the FC4 Map Editor I can select the weapon I want to spawn, in FC5 Map Editor will there be something like a chest for example, which if opened gives you a random weapon? Maybe even be able to set the spawn percentages of different weapons?

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 12:31 PM
I probably missed this question, if so thanks for answering in advance.

Is there a way to randomize the weapon spawns? In the FC4 Map Editor I can select the weapon I want to spawn, in FC5 Map Editor will there be something like a chest for example, which if opened gives you a random weapon? Maybe even be able to set the spawn percentages of different weapons?
Hi Phunky_2P

So you have an option to include Load-outs for your map, you can create up to 4 load-outs.
This is Weapons slots 1-4 with one been for sidearms.
You can add attachments to the weapons in your loadout.
There are 2 melee slots you put in the weapons available from a drop down menu for each category.

You can rename your loadouts from 1-15 characters / letters.

Gear is Parachute / Wingsuit / Repair Torch / Grapple / Binoculars
You select the ammo / health / throwables / melee so the number you start with.
Also Homeopathics - The Fast / The Furious / Ultimate Hunter / Ultimate Survivor
I believe that when you alter the ammo in Loadout that is what your gun starts with.

You don't have to make a loadout you can start the map with no weapons, no gear etc it is up to you.

Then you have weapon placement, you can place any weapon in the map as you could in Far Cry 4, Weapons and Ammo are found in GAMEPLAY
With Far Cry 4 you placed a weapon in the map and that was it, in FC5 you get a respawn timer by selecting the weapon and going into Object Properties, the time is from 0-600 so up to 10 mins with the default spawn time in our build at 5 seconds.

You can also have medi kits, Armor respawning and ammo but not the large ammo crates they are simila3 to FC3 in that you can collect ammo from a crate 3 times then its empty and becomes a good explosive bomb for anyone that get too close.

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 02:19 PM
The weapon you drop won;t disappear will it? You could swap back to original loadout after a few sniper kills and advance?
If you kill me my weapon drops you can pick it up and use it.
With loadouts you might only create one in your map so if there is a slot available you would pick up a weapon placed in the map - if that has to dump a weapon you already have then that weapon drops - you or anyone else can pick it up (don't know if there is a timer for how long it will stay visible when dropped I don't see it been there forever) So picking up a weapon will either fill up a spare slot or replace a weapon.

When you die you can then select from any of the loadouts created for that individual map.

So here is the cool thing if you unlock or purchase weapon skins and you pick up a weapon placed in the map if you already have that same weapon but yours is a lot better looking with a cool skin then your skin will show - same for others but if they don't have a skin for that weapon then they pick up the default skin.

I think if I had a weapon and you kill me possibly you pick it up and can have that skin attached but when you die or the game ends you lose it - so only the person who unlocks / gets the extras from the Farcry Arcade Shop will keep them, we don't know too much as we don't have access to Arcade but it is something like that in how it works.

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Yea makes sense. Alot of thought gone into that and will work really well. Any idea if that person or people could re-assess the lobby system :)
Honestly we wouldn't know I am surprised we are even allowed to talk about this Editor we are using, I just want the game to launch so we can all enjoy it.

There is no linking maps like Gunscape, it should be easier following map builders and getting their maps looking forward to seeing how the browser is and what stats / details features are available to us.

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 02:46 PM
My guess you don't get to keep the enemy weapon skin. Just for that map then vanishes. Or for that round. Unless i'm wrong.
Edited.
To be fair we will find out at launch the same as everyone else - I can't comment on Arcade as we son't have it and have no way to get in until launch.

Sknipester
03-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Thanks for answering questions.

Remind you the last far cry I played was Fc2. So when you say same boundaries do you mean there are basically invisible lines you can lay down that notify the player like in Fc2?

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 03:44 PM
when you say same boundaries do you mean there are basically invisible lines you can lay down that notify the player like in Fc2?
Its called Map Limits but same as Map Boundary.

I did a tutorial but the voice is a little quiet at the start, this is in FC4 it's the same for FC5 from what I see but I have not been sad enough to count the dots yet for maximum allowed ;)

https://youtu.be/egXRkRazxGE

I am guessing that in DM / TDM out of bounds will result in death and maybe we lose one off whatever kill count we have (that's a question for the Developers)

Phunky_2P
03-09-2018, 03:56 PM
What about the settings for the MP modes, such as DM and TDM?

Will TDM have a score / time limit? Can you set up a game with rounds, like best of 5 for example?

How does DM work, will you spawn right after you died or will you have to wait 'til the one player is left? Like in Battle Royale games?

akilyoung
03-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Phunky, YES.

MP modes allow for kill count and/or time limit counter in the map settings.

ROunds, no, not that I know of.

Spawn time, I probably cant comment on that.

Fallen-Champ
03-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Have ya tried making a swimming pool with glass walls that looks into a mansion's office? Then shoot the glass and see if the office floods? Or does the glass just have floating water then? Or cheesy little squirts of water? Any chance for under water bases with air sealed rooms with vault doors?

Water is more of a volume so either Ocean which raises / lowers over the whole map.
Or Lake which is like the water layers in FC3 / FC4 I made a room filled with water the water won't pour out or spill out it stays within the cube so you can stretch it wide and thin or wide / high, whatever height you choose the water will go to the floor so you can't walk underneath it.

Be careful because there are different choices and these can make the water more flat / still or slightly more movement so you could have little bits moving sticking through walls if you don't build correctly, it is worth watching the water movement for say 5 seconds after building around it.

I am using one that's mostly flat, used more like an elevator so I can swim in or out from the bottom - when inside swim upwards or down and at the top walk in / out.
The water is very nice using Lake or Default ocean both have options as already mentioned.

You could make a base connected by these lakes (volumes of water) there is a door that opens by turning a wheel like a big vault door (it's in our build anyhow)
So you could be in a normal room made from glass and have water all around then open a door to swim through to the next area so yeah you can do it but you can't get underneath the water it drops to the lowest point whenever placed in the map.

impressionman76
03-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Just want to thank you guys for taking the time to answer so many of our questions! Ubisoft picked a great crew of mappers to come and test their game. Kind of wish I would have been chosen as well! I am a little jealous. Here is question I believe was not asked yet. Is there any kind of security camera that moves? Kind of like the ones in metal gear games? Be a great addition to outpost maps.

Manlius10A
03-09-2018, 06:14 PM
For the single-player map editor, can you add text narratives that are triggered with proximity or a time limit? Can you add checkpoints to SP maps? If there are text options, is there a note or letter object that can be found and read (with the message written by the map maker)?

This would make a world of difference so any response would be greatly appreciated.

Vika92806
03-09-2018, 06:37 PM
is there any way to make a third-person view ???

truesurv1val
03-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Water is more of a volume so either Ocean which raises / lowers over the whole map.
Or Lake which is like the water layers in FC3 / FC4 I made a room filled with water the water won't pour out or spill out it stays within the cube so you can stretch it wide and thin or wide / high, whatever height you choose the water will go to the floor so you can't walk underneath it.

Be careful because there are different choices and these can make the water more flat / still or slightly more movement so you could have little bits moving sticking through walls if you don't build correctly, it is worth watching the water movement for say 5 seconds after building around it.

I am using one that's mostly flat, used more like an elevator so I can swim in or out from the bottom - when inside swim upwards or down and at the top walk in / out.
The water is very nice using Lake or Default ocean both have options as already mentioned.

You could make a base connected by these lakes (volumes of water) there is a door that opens by turning a wheel like a big vault door (it's in our build anyhow)
So you could be in a normal room made from glass and have water all around then open a door to swim through to the next area so yeah you can do it but you can't get underneath the water it drops to the lowest point whenever placed in the map.

So wondering if you look at a volume of water from the side, you see the volume of water? In fc4 it was just invisible. And if you walked into the watervolume it suddenly chances to the underwater physics

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
03-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Can you place spawn points in the air with nothing but a parachute? *cough* Battle Royal *cough*

emrdesign
03-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Can you place spawn points in the air with nothing but a parachute? *cough* Battle Royal *cough*

I am sure you can or just hang a plane or helicopter with a spawn point up in the air and let players jump from that.

They should also add dynamic map boundaries then so the playable area becomes smaller and smaller. :)

kearnsy44
03-09-2018, 08:43 PM
I mean, letting the community build their own mini battle royale gives this game a huge boost as its something pubg nor fortnite can offer. Both those games are doing very well, but their communities are clamouring for new maps. Letting us create our own smaller BR could be a massive bonus.

Sknipester
03-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Not sure if you can answer this but does punching and kicking kill people? I'm guessing it can.

DrShakez
03-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Not sure if you can answer this but does punching and kicking kill people? I'm guessing it can.

Yes it does.

Fallen-Champ
03-10-2018, 12:59 AM
Here is question I believe was not asked yet. Is there any kind of security camera that moves? Kind of like the ones in metal gear games? Be a great addition to outpost maps.
No I have not seen any in the build we have, I would love to see a security camera like those in Goldeneye 64 and maybe have a light turn on when someone walks into the zone then it fires at them - If we had scripting them maybe things like that would be possible.

For the single-player map editor, can you add text narratives that are triggered with proximity or a time limit? Can you add checkpoints to SP maps? If there are text options, is there a note or letter object that can be found and read (with the message written by the map maker)?

This would make a world of difference so any response would be greatly appreciated.
No there is nothing like that, We have letters A-Z and numbers 0-9 these are bigger so would be better on large signs for hints - that kind of thing, Checkpoint system is something that people would love but might require some form of scripting possibly - no way to do notes or trigger text prompts sorry.

Can i set unlimited time or 5000 kills to win when publishing a MP map? Can people join midway through a match?
We don't know how it works we have no access to Arcade, we will all find out on the day of release with any options in arcade etc, there wont be a way to set time to unlimited.

is there any way to make a third-person view ???
No we can't do that.

So wondering if you look at a volume of water from the side, you see the volume of water? In fc4 it was just invisible. And if you walked into the watervolume it suddenly chances to the underwater physics
Think it's the same, looking at the top you see the waves / color but looking from a side when the water is raised its see through until you enter it, but there will be some kind of water effects unsure what or how they work, could be like those in FC3 the water splashes we will have to wait and see, maybe we can place them in from a side so it looks more like water.

Yes you will instantly drop - to do this you need to go into Load-Outs and enable either wingsuit or parachute or both, without enabling them you can't use them.
Also like in FC4 there are modifiers so if you turn on No Fall Damage you could slam into the ground at speed from the wingsuit and wouldn't take any damage.

I have not kicked the crap out of anyone yet but have done a tyson and put some A.I. on their backside with power punches ;)
Yes I think you can kill with kicks and punches.

deaden84
03-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Well, if there is no restriction, we should do it :))

deaden84
03-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Btw, I have a question. How we do update our previously published maps? Do we need to delete previous version to upload new version or new version is possible to update previous one instantly?!

emrdesign
03-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Btw, I have a question. How we do update our previously published maps? Do we need to delete previous version to upload new version or new version is possible to update previous one instantly?!

There is an update functionality so you do not have to delete previous version first. It was explained in the video from Ubisoft about the map editor.

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 02:55 PM
EMR is correct regarding map updates. If you update a map, it updates in the system.

As for punching and kicking, YES. you can go full melee, no weapons. You just dont assign weapons to anyone. Youll have fists, kicks, and takedowns.

Thats how I have it set for my small MMA Octagon map, it basically a map where everyone in the ring beat the crap out of each other. Sounds lame, but is actually laughably entertaining, and a great starter map or good if its just you and another player or two. Insane as hell if you have 12p... especially with the yetis on the outside taking swipes at you through the fence!

Pbg96
03-10-2018, 03:33 PM
So I know you already answered this question but I really want to know more about it.

FC4 I had so many problems with my maps looking good and someone jumping out of bounds, I mean yes I can add the count down but the 10 second still gives them plunty of time to look behind the sceans if I could add invisible walls this could fix this, is there any simple shapes that might be invisible?

And on the countdown can you change it from 10 to like letís say 5?

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 04:20 PM
So I know you already answered this question but I really want to know more about it.

FC4 I had so many problems with my maps looking good and someone jumping out of bounds, I mean yes I can add the count down but the 10 second still gives them plunty of time to look behind the sceans if I could add invisible walls this could fix this, is there any simple shapes that might be invisible?

And on the countdown can you change it from 10 to like let’s say 5?
Not in our build.

Just built your maps smartly, plan when building. Block areas you dont want accessible. Its not hard really...

truesurv1val
03-10-2018, 05:07 PM
9000 objects and more coming, great but how to navigate?

they organized in there own maps per games?

Is there a search tool like there was in FC 3? Really missed that tool in FC 4

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Each game has a folder, and generic assets have a folder. Search is on pc, not sure about console. I hope so for console mappers sake.

I Will say the assets are MUCH better organized though. So that should help, regardless.

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Nature has a folder with subfolders, even all ice and snow assets have a folder. Particles And fx folder. Rocks folder. Every main folder had multiple organized sub folders.

There's sweet fx like a fake sun that you can place over a crack in a cave to emit light inside. You can see it as you walk through it in the devs escape map, after the spiraling clocks.

Lots of fx like sparks, arcs, smoke, fire, smoke ring checkpointd, godrays, And apparentely water fx now confirmed by dev. We don't have those currently unfortunately as our build is a couple months old.
Things like that.

Sknipester
03-10-2018, 05:58 PM
So do you know if you will be able to edit others maps once you download them? Could you view them in editor?

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Yes, But, There is more to that that i can't talk about right now...

emrdesign
03-10-2018, 10:15 PM

You can use objects that only have a texture on one side and the other side is see through to make invisible walls if you want.

VnR-Popey
03-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Hey in your opinion how many interactive object counts the game (Usable) (Door, Windows, Weapons Rise) ?

truesurv1val
03-11-2018, 12:38 AM
2 other things that were an issue in previous games.

- drawing distance of assets, noticed any issues with it?

- occlussion issue on assets, are there still occlusion issues, often at the bottom of items ( walls, houses, ect )

akilyoung
03-11-2018, 02:17 AM
Hey in your opinion how many interactive object counts the game (Usable) (Door, Windows, Weapons Rise) ?

Out of 10k or so assets, I cant even begin to list them, but I will say that a huge bulk of FC5 assets have physics, or are interactive. Tons of doors and you can set how far they open. Hatches you can open and go through. most ledges are climbable too.

BUT...a downside we are finding, believe it or not, it that it REALLY affects you map and will really take testing. If you dont realize a wall, or door is destructible, well you map is broke cause someone will get out.

Same with ledges and other assets. A lot of testing and thinking must go into which assets are used where to prevent a map from being broke out of, or prevent floating assets after something is destructible if exploded below an asset that isnt destructible. Etc.

akilyoung
03-11-2018, 02:20 AM
2 other things that were an issue in previous games.

- occlussion issue on assets, are there still occlusion issues, often at the bottom of items ( walls, houses, ect )

As I am on PC, using a 1080 gpu, I run it on ultra, so wouldnt be the best judge, especially compared to console.

I have noticed a few things with OCC, like you said under some walls or buildings. Doesnt seem near as bad as it used to be. Parameters seem to have been tightened up.

akilyoung
03-11-2018, 02:23 AM

Not in our build currently. It is something we have asked for in past communications.

If we do not get anything to solve this, then there are one sided assets that can be used as a fix, like in past iterations.

As for count down, I posted about map timers for SP in another thread. Unless you mean MP. MP can be anything between 5-10 minutes according to the settings in our build of the IGE

T-6000
03-11-2018, 02:26 AM
I'm not sure if you are allowed to answer this, and if you aren't I'll understand. But with any skill you earn in the single player game, will they carry over to the level editor and the maps you make? Is there any way you can restrict or even disable certain skills?

akilyoung
03-11-2018, 02:39 AM
I'm not sure if you are allowed to answer this, and if you aren't I'll understand. But with any skill you earn in the single player game, will they carry over to the level editor and the maps you make? Is there any way you can restrict or even disable certain skills?

Doubt I could answer that if I knew...but I do know, and can say, that there are perks that you can turn on or off in the modifiers.

T-6000
03-11-2018, 03:13 AM
Doubt I could answer that if I knew...but I do know, and can say, that there are perks that you can turn on or off in the modifiers.

Oh, I see. The Far Cry 4 editor also had a surprisingly large set of modifiers, and I have a sneaky suspicion many of them will be also returning in this game as well. Especially since it's starting to sound like to me the Far Cry 5 editor is nearly identical to the Far Cry 4 editor, but on 500 pound steroids. Which, to me, is a damn good thing! :D

Sknipester
03-11-2018, 04:31 AM
What's the limit on ziplines? Can you go from lower to higher elevation? Can you go through water? Can the ziplines make turns?

Gotta keep you busy 😁

longridr
03-11-2018, 08:07 AM
What's the limit on ziplines? Can you go from lower to higher elevation? Can you go through water? Can the ziplines make turns?

Gotta keep you busy 

Looked into this quite recently myself, in all the options regarding zipline, You can zipline under water (but it comes to a slow crawl), and you can increase the tension so the line isn't hanging as low. But you cannot edit turn radius or go from a lower to higher elevation. (As far as I can tell.)

Fallen-Champ
03-11-2018, 02:21 PM
But with any skill you earn in the single player game, will they carry over to the level editor and the maps you make? Is there any way you can restrict or even disable certain skills?
If you watch the Ubisoft Live Stream they did approx a month ago you can see they look at Perks - in fact do a google or youtube search and you will see the skill tree / perks type thing.

This shows the categories and I believe some explain them, now some will say Available in Campaign or Arcade so you can guess that those will work for PvP / Solo maps so you can guess that yes certain ones carry over.

We don't know any more than you guys on that. (Perks show at 2 mins o5, look for ones that also work in Arcade

https://youtu.be/_kWAhQgTC-Q

Fallen-Champ
03-11-2018, 02:28 PM

There are some issues with select items and draw distance, but hey Far Cry 4 had the same, this is isolated I only came across it on a few occasions with the amount of items available it will take months to check everything.
Draw distance holds up very well, this is no FC3 ;)
using a lot of items some you can zoom out stupidly far and they are visible but not all like that, this is the best so far I don't see any complaints on draw distance from any of the others in the test editor.

OCC Issues yes there are some items that have extended occlusion, I have been able to swap for different stuff and have found nothing to stop me from achieving what I wanted to do so far, it hasn't been a concern although some have extended OCC.

Fallen-Champ
03-11-2018, 02:39 PM

I just placed 24 ziplines in One Grid Square (why would anyone ever need that many in such a short space ?)
So didn't push it any further, In Far Cry Instincts Evolution / Predator they had the best ziplines, I believe the maximum number back then was 12 so FC5 doubled that and some :)

As Longridr said (About time some of you guys answered some questions - feel free to take the pressure off me and Kyle anytime ;) )
Yeah he said you can't go upwards, also you can't go around bends so it's a straight start and end point.

Some of the guys said that if you push forward or pull back you will pick up speed or slow down while on the zip line but unsure I will check later on that.
Also as Longridr said you can go into Object Preferences when the zipline is selected and can alter the tension on the line.

You Can't do a vertical zipline there must be an angle where one end which is the Start Point - this has to be higher than the end point, your map won't validate until you get it right.

Unlike the mess that was Far Cry 4 Ziplines these take seconds to use, you just select the zipline place point A and stretch to point B and the line stretches with you - Its beautiful man, been crying for these ever since Predator.

Also you can drop off one zipline and if there is another right under you it's possible to catch onto that one also.

akilyoung
03-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Oh, I see. The Far Cry 4 editor also had a surprisingly large set of modifiers, and I have a sneaky suspicion many of them will be also returning in this game as well. Especially since it's starting to sound like to me the Far Cry 5 editor is nearly identical to the Far Cry 4 editor, but on 500 pound steroids. Which, to me, is a damn good thing! :D

Every iteration of the map editor has been basically the same since FC2, with each iteration adding more functionality (sometimes taking a few things away or changing a few things). But it IS the same, and as you said, THIS iteration is very similar to FC4, but on steroids. There WILL be a learning curve for some of the new features, but nothing crazy...

akilyoung
03-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Is there any buttons or levers or pressure plates that activate to move another object? Like ya step on a surface which becomes a trap that trip a big giant boulder and starts rolling like Raiders of the lost ark? Or step on rock floor pieces and activates the poison darts shooting at ya. That be cool. But doubt it.

Not anything like that per se. We have asked for things similar to this, and the devs seems receptive. But will they ever happen???

THere are interactive assets though, like openable hatches, doors for starters. There are more too, but even after about what 5 months or so in this IGE, I havent scratched the surface of the assets. I mean common...theres around 10k. Yall have no idea just how many that is.

I think a year from now, well just start to see REALLY good maps coming out, when people learn what we have and how to properly utilize it.

legacyzero
03-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Looked into this quite recently myself, in all the options regarding zipline, You can zipline under water (but it comes to a slow crawl), and you can increase the tension so the line isn't hanging as low. But you cannot edit turn radius or go from a lower to higher elevation. (As far as I can tell.)
The fact that there is even zip lines in the editor again has me giddy

RacerSurvival
03-11-2018, 07:50 PM
There's any Shark or Crocodile?

Scottslive
03-11-2018, 08:16 PM
There are no Crocodiles or Sharks native to Montana... so no. If they implement FC4 and Primal animals then yes, there will be crocs. If they add FC3 animals (which Iíd love but might be pushing it) then there will be Sharks. But currently itís only the Animals from FC5, so Montana.

Can you list the animals or are you not allowed?

Also in a FC4 mod there was the small flowing river paths (in the footpath section) have they added that in this editor?

JodoKast1221
03-11-2018, 08:36 PM
In the Far Cry 2 Map Editor certain assets placed above other assets would render them invisible to players although they were still there, we could climb certain ladders through solid walls, ceiling and floors, certain assets could be placed so their physics would cause players to shoot upwards creating an elevator, and explosive elements could be used together to create a projectile weapon. Have you discovered any assets in the Far Cry 5 map editor that can be used in a non-traditional sense to create something new yet?

Pbg96
03-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Iíve seen in one of the game play trailers that you can climb a shipment create, is this for every shipment create or can you add an option to make a object so you can climb on it?

Fallen-Champ
03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Iíve seen in one of the game play trailers that you can climb a shipment create, is this for every shipment create or can you add an option to make a object so you can climb on it?
I just looked at 2 different sized containers and one that is open that has wheels so like a train type container (it's static / doesn't move but higher than the others)
2 containers I can jump and climb the train one I can jump from one and grab onto it and climb up.

If you can jump up to something you might be able to grab and pull yourself up so this isn't something placed in the editor although there are ledges we can use, lots of things have these built in - you need to be careful when making a map so check this to make sure people can't climb to areas you don't want them and also check for destructible items as there are lots and you don't want people getting out the playable area.

Vika92806
03-11-2018, 10:18 PM
how many neon signs there are ??? and how much content from watch dogs, and is there a building from watch dogs with fake reflections ???

Fallen-Champ
03-11-2018, 10:54 PM
In the Far Cry 2 Map Editor certain assets placed above other assets would render them invisible to players although they were still there, we could climb certain ladders through solid walls, ceiling and floors, certain assets could be placed so their physics would cause players to shoot upwards creating an elevator, and explosive elements could be used together to create a projectile weapon. Have you discovered any assets in the Far Cry 5 map editor that can be used in a non-traditional sense to create something new yet?
I remember people launching explosive barrels using the gas pump igniter - The image below is a barrel flying through the air on a map I made in FC2 called Bik Fookin Bridge
http://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/PS3/FC2/A8B2760E3992/0329200617_8.jpg?itok=0MKcZaXa
This is a tough question if I answer it I think I break NDA we signed, we are in a Technical Test it's not the final version we have, if we come across any issues there is a procedure, it could be possible that someone sees something that is odd - that person might say I found this its a bit strange but rather cool.

That would be down to those in that department to look at any feedback and act on it.
I have not really played around that way it's easier to wait for people like Liam 83 / Razor / a lil panda - people who look for exploits, ways to do crazy stuff so its there for you to discover man, if you find anything claim it so your name sticks with the find.

Viragoxv535
03-11-2018, 10:58 PM
http://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/PS3/FC2/A8B2760E3992/0329200617_8.jpg?itok=0MKcZaXa

Let's kiss goodbye to those amazing FC2 vistas...

Fallen-Champ
03-11-2018, 11:29 PM
If they implement FC4 and Primal animals then yes, there will be crocs. If they add FC3 animals (which Iíd love but might be pushing it) then there will be Sharks. But currently itís only the Animals from FC5, so Montana.
I can't list animals sorry I went over the top and listed stuff and it's a no no (spoiler) some like to play the game and find things, the animals are also in Campaign so it isn't fair on those guys.
There are no FC3 / FC4 / Primal animals in FC5 it has its own.

So a pig is in FC4 there is one in FC5 also but its different so a new skin, none of the A.I. from FC3, FC4, Primal are in FC5 either.
No crocs or sharks in our build I would like the Komodo Dragon from FC3 I loved those.
Wolverine will be a big hit he bites you in the balls and kicks the crap out of people. (I tell a lie the Yeti is in he looks like the one in FC4, also a rattlesnake)

Fallen-Champ
03-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Let's kiss goodbye to those amazing FC2 vistas...
Viragoxv it's possible to make some sweet stuff in FC5 we have not even scratched the surface on different combos using the Environment system that's a monster.
We can rotate the sun and resize and rotate the moon, some sweet stuff going on but I agree FC2 was nice.

Scottslive
03-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Understood. No problem.

emrdesign
03-12-2018, 12:11 AM
Can you use the canoe or any of the other boats/ships besides the jetski and the speedboat?

Viragoxv535
03-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Viragoxv it's possible to make some sweet stuff in FC5 we have not even scratched the surface on different combos using the Environment system that's a monster.

I know that you guys are capable of compensating for the lack of sunsets etc.
It would helpful if you guys could nudge whoever is able to make that change in the game.

Pbg96
03-12-2018, 12:30 AM
How many ladders is there is it more then far cry 4?

Also did they fix that glitch where if you change the axis of the ladder and try to climb it your hands float in the air?

Fallen-Champ
03-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Can you use the canoe or any of the other boats/ships besides the jetski and the speedboat?
Not in the build we have, maybe the finished game or campaign will have more, I will find out on launch day same as everyone else, canoe would be cool if it had a gun strapped to the front.

Fallen-Champ
03-12-2018, 12:45 AM
How many ladders is there is it more then far cry 4?

Also did they fix that glitch where if you change the axis of the ladder and try to climb it your hands float in the air?
Ladders don't tilt anymore they stay upright, you can jump from floor to ladder and attach and when climbing you get up the ladder quicker I like the changes.
There is a box around the ladder so it goes from green to red when validated, quicker and easier to place ladders now.

I placed one in water and it validated and placing one under terrain it appears to be validated so that's a big improvement.
We have maybe 4 styles of ladder and each style different sizes - say approx 90 in total.

akilyoung
03-12-2018, 01:11 AM
I know that you guys are capable of compensating for the lack of sunsets etc.
It would helpful if you guys could nudge whoever is able to make that change in the game.

Lack of sunsets? WHo told you that?

Of course you can make the sun set.

Plus, aside from the many environment parameters, there are 5 'horizon' skies to choose from that give different sunset styles and colors.

akilyoung
03-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Theres a folder with 100's, however, actual styles currently seem like less than 5 or 6, not sure off the top of my head.

akilyoung
03-12-2018, 01:13 AM

Im sure there are, but the expansion of the tool set has rendered most of these glitches obsolete.

T-6000
03-12-2018, 01:37 AM

Of course you can make the sun set.

Plus, aside from the many environment parameters, there are 5 'horizon' skies to choose from that give different sunset styles and colors.

As far as I can remember, you can set the time of day in the Far Cry 4 Editor, even simulate Sunset or Sunrise. And in the video that announced the Far Cry 5 editor I saw that you can manipulate the time of day as well. I never bothered with this, just left the maps at high noon. Want plenty of lights so I can see any hostiles and take them down. ;)

Well since I'm here I may as well as another question, but it'll be about weapons. If you guys can't answer, I can understand due to Non-Disclosure Agreement. Can you place Mounted weapons in the Far Cry 5 editor? In the SP portion of FC5, there are Three that I am aware of. The M60, the Browning .50 Caliber, and the Mortar Launcher. Can you place and use these in your maps? And are there additional Mounted Weapons in the editor, on top of these three?

GuyWhoDoesJob
03-12-2018, 05:57 AM
Thank you guys for all this info. A just cant believe what are we getting. There is nothing we cant do now. Thank you Ubisoft for being so generous, and again thank you guys(selected testers) for giving ubi good suggestions.
The more info i read the more is my creativity and imagination spreading :D

Sknipester
03-12-2018, 07:37 AM
So yall say the fc5 map size is 512x512 ? How does that compare to Fc2...what was far cry 2 size?

Also what's the deal with these map sounds, i saw some "cave" sound options and some others. Can you set one part of your map to that cave sound and another part a different sound?

What types of music are there, how does this work?

Either I can't find that info or am too lazy. 😏

Viragoxv535
03-12-2018, 08:05 AM

Common sense as, unlike FC2, there is no slider for day/night transition as far as i know...?

akilyoung
03-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Vig, theres a whole SECTION for just that!

Theres a TOD slider
Sun angle
Moon angle
Sun latitude
Sun exposure
Moon exposure
Moon size

Plus the plethora of various skies and post process FX...

I can EASILY make a FC2 recreation map, orange hazy sky sunsets and all, including savanna tree collections...and various sands and dirts. (TONS)

No joke

emrdesign
03-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Is there wind? Program for wind to blow snow or sand in spots like a whirl wind? Maybe smoke blowing around?

I think you can set the wind, but this probably only impacts the movement of vegetation, smoke and flags. At the end of the demo video with the upside down house there was smoke/fog moving over the floor. They also show wind when the helicopter lands, so it could well be possible they have more wind effects.