PDA

View Full Version : Serious question needing answers...

RenegadeTX2000
03-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Why use Highlanders run attack? The single most useless attack in the game. does 25 damage, slow as all hell, can't clear miniions, refuses to crowd control, whiffs on running opponents.

Name me something worse than Highlanders run attack....

Sauronbaine
03-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Why use Highlanders run attack? The single most useless attack in the game. does 25 damage, slow as all hell, can't clear miniions, refuses to crowd control, whiffs on running opponents.

Conq shield bash. :cool:

RenegadeTX2000
03-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Conq shield bash. :cool:

End of season 5 top 2... Waiting for glorious back dodge global change to smack up assassins and make it easier for conqueror to conquer =-0. In the meantime we watch as PK and Berserker fight for #1 spot.

BarbeQMichael
03-07-2018, 10:48 AM
No reason, if the running and zone were 500 or maybe even 600 you could use them but now they are just useless.

RoosterIlluzion
03-07-2018, 10:53 AM
I think the out of combat roll is the worst move. It's supposed to be an escape, right? Yet, I'm always caught with a surprising reach by the likes of PK.
Also, a close second is the back dodge. How the hell does my opponent ALWAYS reach with their GB after I back dodge?

Roseguard_Cpt
03-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Something worse than Highlander's sprinting heavy would have to be Shinobi's ranged mode, one parry or CGB and you're on the floor

brashtralas
03-07-2018, 05:58 PM

Centurions zone.

Vakris_One
03-07-2018, 06:20 PM

Shugoki's run attack and zone.

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 02:10 AM
Centurions zone.

Centurions zone is a finisher. and clears minions as well.

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 02:11 AM

doesn't shugoki run attack clear minions? and his zone can be cancelled into immediate GB which also clears minions way better than highlanders zone. Both those moves can clear and his run attack tracks better then my run attack. When Shugoki is clearing minions he zones for his clear. and he sometimes goes in and does a run attack when starting out.

Highlander just gets in position to do his zone attack to clear minions. No run attack period, if someone is running from him I have to quickly lock on and go for celtic curse, I haven't found a single use for Highlanders run attack yet..

EvoX.
03-08-2018, 02:38 AM
Centurion's equivalent. At least HL's can get more than one minion with it.

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 02:45 AM
Centurion's equivalent. At least HL's can get more than one minion with it.

Come again? We talking about centurions run attack vs Highlanders?

We are talking about the usefulness of the move itself. Not a minion clearing move. Meant to trade, flank opponents that aren't paying attention to him in a massive brawl, 4v4. and it also tracks extremely well. and if you land it, you geta free punch off. Not sure if that's true but I can never dodge it for some reason when i get hit by it. Also has armor etc.

Vakris_One
03-08-2018, 03:18 PM
doesn't shugoki run attack clear minions? and his zone can be cancelled into immediate GB which also clears minions way better than highlanders zone. Both those moves can clear and his run attack tracks better then my run attack. When Shugoki is clearing minions he zones for his clear. and he sometimes goes in and does a run attack when starting out.

Highlander just gets in position to do his zone attack to clear minions. No run attack period, if someone is running from him I have to quickly lock on and go for celtic curse, I haven't found a single use for Highlanders run attack yet..
Fair point. I recently brought my Shugo to Dominion and his running attack is indeed much better against minions than the poor Highlander's ghost blade that miraculously manages to miss everyone except maybe a single minion who feinted from shock.

Shugo's zone is parry food against other heroes and it sometimes misses some minions as well. Highlander's zone has very strange tracking against minions. You can park him right in the middle of enemy minions and he might still drift off into an obscure direction that moves him away from all of the minions instead of towards.

I have come to the conclusion that the Highlander might be permanently drunk.

Redkey.
03-08-2018, 03:24 PM

It's not just a feint GB, it's also a good way to play with a distance. And minions like them too.. not a stamina ofc. So, it's not so bad.

mrmistark
03-08-2018, 03:31 PM
As a player who has mained shugoki as my secondary for the majority of the games life, I can say his zone is actually pretty helpful in combat in my opinion. I play shugoki rather offensively though and donít just headbutt spam (not saying you guys do, but most people do). One of the things that catch most people is honestly zone cancel into GB or light because you can cancel his second swing rather late.

Anyways, HL has become my secondary once he came out, and i will say his running attack isnít amazing, however, itís a lot more useful than OP leads on. Iím on Xbox and especially in tribute I can hit an opponent just fine with it when they are trying to run away. Admittedly I think there is a sweet spot of his range though, and admittedly again, it is HORRIBLE against bots. Same with his zone. Youíll be in the middle of a swarm of bots and without being able to control him at all, he hits a couple and then swings himself completely away from the swarm of bots for seemingly no reason. Itís uncontrollable and random it seems.