PDA

View Full Version : I gave it a solid effort, but I'm out.

The_B0G_
03-07-2018, 04:04 AM
First off I'd like to say, I love this game, but the direction its going I can't follow, literally, I tried but I just don't have the reaction speed to keep up any more.

I tried to stick in here and keep playing until changes came, but the changes keep making the game worse for me, I love the parry changes but the light spam, feint spam, hyper armor, is out of control and too many heroes have it now, constant damage and stuns from feats also is just absolutely killing this game for me.

I personally just don't have the reflexes for this game anymore with all these 400 ms lights and feinted lights, feint recovery is non existent, which is unrealistic coming from a heavy attack, a warrior hauls back and yells as he launches a powerful attack to cancel it a split second before it hits and is ready to launch an attack on the other side instantly and hits you less than half a second later... Come on. There's no commitment for any attack.

It used to be just a couple characters that had these fast lights, now it seems every character that is reworked or balanced gets 400 ms lights, its too much for me, I can't compete any more.

Hopefully the devs steer away from this course and put feint recovery into the game or stop adding super fast attacks to every hero, fix/scrap the annoying feats that win battles for people when they should lose. Fix Dominion so it isn't skirmish with capture points, every match is just gank squads now. Fix ranked mode rewards and ranking system so people actually play it.

Maybe after some major changes I'll be back, or maybe a fun PvAI mode would bring me back, I've been playing and writing here since the beta so it'll be weird not coming on the forums after tonight but I already deleted the game off my PS4, might be back in a few months if I don't get sucked into another game. Taker easy guys.

BTTrinity
03-07-2018, 04:56 AM
Sorry to see you leave, have a good one bro.

Cliff_001
03-07-2018, 05:09 AM
That's two or three (can't remember of the top of my head) prominent forum members leaving or lessening their time on the game, take a hint ubi. I agree but I'm not ready to give up just yet, at least until another game comes out that keeps my interests like this and d1 did. Also what is probably saving me is that I also play other games on the side and not just for honor, anyways hope you find another game that's less stressful.

Koncrissant
03-07-2018, 05:43 AM
That becouse the game is well balanced now!
Zerker was fine!- they broke him just like like like!
Light light light!
Skill based combat system! ;)

Revenge was Op!
Now there r characters that deal 103 damage with one hit without Revenge and the game is Fine for most people!

Entire Community complain about light spam since release and they add more cancerous lightBrokenSpam!

Last hope was that ded servers would balance a lil bit the light spam but No! guess why these servers are not working just like the ded servers beta test!?

For honor devs are Ridicolous!
Even that Roman director spits on our faces telling he release broken characters on propose!

EvoX.
03-07-2018, 05:52 AM
Take care.

CandleInTheDark
03-07-2018, 05:58 AM
Sorry to see you go,you always have and always will be a welcome voice around these parts.

I kind of see where a lot of the changes have come from, people asked to break the defensive meta,speed up combat and bring the old guard up to the level of the DLC heroes which in fairness the devs have done. Seems maybe they have gone a little far in that and it will need rebalancing.

I am not certain myself where I stand on this as today was the first day I could go into 4v4 without a worry for a long time (and having fun, servers are working just fine here) I am going to have to meet the reworked characters there and in duel and figure my way around them but it does seem telling that it is reworking the old heroes that has been the straw that broke the camel's back for a few people(less understandable in why does kensei have uninterruptible because he always has had >.> but that is a different debate). Hopefully ubisoft can in future balance passes make changes that still positively benefit the game in improving the viability of characters without pushing it into a place where people feel they are not able to play any more,lights and unblockables seem to be what they need to look at there.

brashtralas
03-07-2018, 06:01 AM
I completely understand where youíre coming from, as Iím in the same boat. Iím trying to hold out because I believe in what the game ďcould be,Ē but it moves further away from that with every update.

Sorry to see you go, and Ubisoft should be as well. Youíre a valued member of the community.

Something ive noticed, though, is that a lot of the people that really wanted the changes we received donít seem all too pleased with them now that we have them.

Hopefully Ubisoft takes note.

Either way, best of luck to you, and hopefully see you around.

ChampionRuby50g
03-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Sad to see you go man. Gonna miss your presence on these forums, and was always a pleasure chatting with you on here. Wishing you all the best for your future endeavours. If youíre ever down under, beers and whisky is on me.

But, I can see why you leave. While I can counter and react just fine myself to these moves, it takes all the fun out of it for me. Iím over getting stun locked by 3 different unblockables at once, over the meme culture, over every fight with an Aramusha just been the same light spam. I was one of the people excited for the future changes, and while i like the parry changes, the reworks as a whole are dissapointing to me. Did Ubisoft not listen when the community said they didnít want lightspam, before Aramusha and then again after? Why in the hell was Conq then given a infinite light combo? Even with dedicated servers out now, I canít bring myself to play more than 5-10 games or even complete my orders. This game doesnít draw me in to play it all day like it used too. Which is a damn shame, as it was one of the funnest games I have played in a long time.

Vrbas1
03-07-2018, 07:06 AM
The only problem I have with the game currently is the feint spam. That and the Shaman. Otherwise still having fun, but my fun is constantly stifled by the feint spazzers.

....and the Shaman.

bob333e
03-07-2018, 11:44 AM
First off I'd like to say, I love this game, but the direction its going I can't follow, literally, I tried but I just don't have the reaction speed to keep up any more.

I tried to stick in here and keep playing until changes came, but the changes keep making the game worse for me, I love the parry changes but the light spam, feint spam, hyper armor, is out of control and too many heroes have it now, constant damage and stuns from feats also is just absolutely killing this game for me.

I personally just don't have the reflexes for this game anymore with all these 400 ms lights and feinted lights, feint recovery is non existent, which is unrealistic coming from a heavy attack, a warrior hauls back and yells as he launches a powerful attack to cancel it a split second before it hits and is ready to launch an attack on the other side instantly and hits you less than half a second later... Come on. There's no commitment for any attack.

It used to be just a couple characters that had these fast lights, now it seems every character that is reworked or balanced gets 400 ms lights, its too much for me, I can't compete any more.

Hopefully the devs steer away from this course and put feint recovery into the game or stop adding super fast attacks to every hero, fix/scrap the annoying feats that win battles for people when they should lose. Fix Dominion so it isn't skirmish with capture points, every match is just gank squads now. Fix ranked mode rewards and ranking system so people actually play it.

Maybe after some major changes I'll be back, or maybe a fun PvAI mode would bring me back, I've been playing and writing here since the beta so it'll be weird not coming on the forums after tonight but I already deleted the game off my PS4, might be back in a few months if I don't get sucked into another game. Taker easy guys.

Feelings mutual, and I might do just the same. I've been very much inactive on the forums as of late, as well. Just 2-3 posts these days. Had to log in today to give feedback to FredEx on dedicated servers. Been like since late December didn't touch PvP Dominion until yesterday night, went and played a few matches to test connectivity. I enjoyed the connectivity, didn't enjoy the matches themselves lol.

These days been playing exclusively Test Your Metal, and when that vanishes after the event, I'll be just on duels and brawls, and these tend to get boring real quick if you're as unlucky as meeting players sporting toxic playstyles and attitudes every other match.

Hit me up on PSN if you ever feel like having some nice Custom Match duels, or if you can bring together a group of close buddies, we can play 4v4 in Custom Match. As long as I'm still playing the game, that is.

Knight_Raime
03-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Man. At this rate it'll be just me allustar and charmzzz :<
may you find your fun elsewhere friend.

Charmzzz
03-07-2018, 12:46 PM
I am logging in less recently, too. Warhammer Vermintide 2 is a blast for me, and when Camelot Unchained will start its Beta 1 I guess I will play For Honor only occasionally. It was a fun ride for a year, and I will always say that FH was one of the best PvP Games I have ever played. But to keep up with the really good people you have to invest alot of time and that's something I cannot afford when playing 1-2 other games.

Knight_Raime
03-07-2018, 01:09 PM
I am logging in less recently, too. Warhammer Vermintide 2 is a blast for me, and when Camelot Unchained will start its Beta 1 I guess I will play For Honor only occasionally. It was a fun ride for a year, and I will always say that FH was one of the best PvP Games I have ever played. But to keep up with the really good people you have to invest alot of time and that's something I cannot afford when playing 1-2 other games.

I feel that. FH isn't my main game. but I do try to login for a few matches each day.
I want to play vermintide 2 but it's not got a release date for console yet /:

Specialkha
03-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Vermintide 2 has some balance issues and stability issue as well, but not as much as For Honor at its release. That is quite good for an indie studio.

wolfman25br
03-07-2018, 02:15 PM
A pity, but this feeling of dissatisfaction given to the direction the game is going also occurs to me.

There is no doubt that as a community we are partly to blame for demand the solving the def meta...oh well Ill sitck around to test the dedicated server.

The remedy worsened the patient's condition ...an unfortunate development indeed.

Anyway, Good luck Bye.

Vakris_One
03-07-2018, 02:19 PM
A shame to see so many long time faces go. It seems to be primarily console players that are leaving - judging by Tundra, BTTrinity and now Bog leaving.

I'm kind of confused why the reworking of 3 characters has caused such an exodus when we've all weathered the likes of Centurion (pre-nerf), Shinobi, Gladiator, Shaman (pre-nerf) and to some extent the Aramusha for consoles. In my opinion of the 3 reworks the Kensei came out balanced whereas the Conq and Zerk came out a bit too far in the wrong directions. Conq becoming somewhat of a cancer with his new ability to keep you in OOS indefinitely until he kills you and Zerk's feint spam going a tad overboard.

Nobushi is more or less the same and Highlander is finally the hero he should have been when he first came out - I don't see a huge problem with those 2.

Maybe it's me or maybe because I'm on PC but the positives of Season 5 have not outweighed the negatives for me. The parry changes are fantastic. The dedicated servers are not as good as they were in the beta but they're getting better. In terms of the quality of the fighting it's just more of the same in my opinion - people still abusing the cheap stuff as they have always done but with the new Kensei I can now respond more effectively to that.

Team modes have indeed become inundated with unblockable spam ganks which is annoying and I absolutely do not want to see more light and feint spam centric reworks. I want to see more tactical and strategic tools put into reworks rather than blind spam and cheap safe moves.

I still feel like I can play this game though. Perhaps that might change if I start encountering only all Conq teams or all Zerk teams. I definitely think the devs need to balance out some things such as:

- tune down the Conq's shield bash spamming.
- tune down the Zerker's feint spamming.
- tune down the Kensei zone's reach.

- reduce assassin's back dash spam.
- increase stamina usage for running unlock attacks so they can't be spammed.

That's just off the top of my head but I'm willing to stick around until the next batch of reworks to see what the devs do.

SpaceJim12
03-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Well, nice to see I'm not the only one with that minds.
And I see how community become less and less every day (PC). I don't see a lot of players I knew in season 2-3-4. All guys with "DeusVult" nicknames are gone.
People keep leaving the game and I absolutly understand them. Even if I'm ok with reflexes and still can counter (70% times) feint spammers and reworked (broken) characters, I don't feel that game is what I bought year ago.
In beta I think For Honor is the best damn game ever. That was game about brutal, actual medival fights. I enjoying every single moment of it. But for now this game not about medival fights. It's about spam, use best (statisticly) finishers and keep gunk in 4v4, cause now it's easiest than ever. I forget when last time I could land side heavy on warden instead of from GB or in gunk situation.
Ubisoft, please, if you'll read this thread, just stop and think. And make something already (not easy way, but real what will count).Because with the state of the game right now, if you'll just rework three chars in S6, so this game will not be alive next year.

Protos_88
03-07-2018, 02:40 PM
devs dont see differences ps4 vs pc... the same speed ofc...

bob333e
03-07-2018, 04:25 PM
A shame to see so many long time faces go. It seems to be primarily console players that are leaving - judging by Tundra, BTTrinity and now Bog leaving.

And I'm next in line. Maybe. I guess. Most likely.

Should For Honor linger on down this road, I think I'll steer away by the end of season 5. Probably early June. Granted there are still a few more short straws left, and Warden's rework will be the very last straw. Should I see an unblockable charged heavy, some hyperarmor, and 400ms lights, I'm trading this disc and deleting the game off my console.

I know I'm a nobody to you people. I've only been here since mid November and although I'm lasting much less than how long Tundra, BTTrinity and TheBog have, I've at least had the honor of enjoying good company on here among few users whom I've come to respect and share pleasurable discussions with. It is in fact these few users who encourage me to post more stuff, share more ideas, and engage in more discussions. Were it not for the bunch of you, I don't think I'd have lasted 2 weeks. This is the first ever public forum I actively participate in. Not thoroughly experienced in dealing with incessant brainless insults online. I tend to get extremely annoyed real quick.

That said, and while I'm still (somewhat) active on here, I wish to extend my thanks that even though I'm here primarily to discuss game issues, I'm also here to have a good time with other people, and this would not have been possible if everyone I had interacted with was a dimwit hellbent on throwing some insult online at someone for no reason. For the same reasons Tundra and BTTrinity chose to hang about even though they left the game for now, I'll be doing just the same. Because there are a few people I enjoy interacting with on here. And feel honored to call them friends.

WastedPunk
03-07-2018, 04:35 PM
It's sad because the game is one of the best ideas ever,just executed in the worst way possible.
I braced myself and played through some embarrassing balancing issues (Pre nerf Centurion,Shaman etc)but it's pretty clear the devs don't even care anymore.They fix 1 issue and bring in 10 more.This has been the case since release.
I have already left the game to play FORTNITE and I doubt I'll come back anytime soon unfortunately....

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Meh, you cant play something forever. Im 700+ hours in and still happy. Ive brought in 5 people from my FL to buy the game and they play consistently. I know thats not a huge number but people come and go. Good luck tho.

Vakris_One
03-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Should For Honor linger on down this road, I think I'll steer away by the end of season 5. Probably early June. Granted there are still a few more short straws left, and Warden's rework will be the very last straw. Should I see an unblockable charged heavy, some hyperarmor, and 400ms lights, I'm trading this disc and deleting the game off my console.

I know I'm a nobody to you people. I've only been here since mid November and although I'm lasting much less than how long Tundra, BTTrinity and TheBog have, I've at least had the honor of enjoying good company on here among few users whom I've come to respect and share pleasurable discussions with. It is in fact these few users who encourage me to post more stuff, share more ideas, and engage in more discussions. Were it not for the bunch of you, I don't think I'd have lasted 2 weeks. This is the first ever public forum I actively participate in. Not thoroughly experienced in dealing with incessant brainless insults online. I tend to get extremely annoyed real quick.

That said, and while I'm still (somewhat) active on here, I wish to extend my thanks that even though I'm here primarily to discuss game issues, I'm also here to have a good time with other people, and this would not have been possible if everyone I had interacted with was a dimwit hellbent on throwing some insult online at someone for no reason. For the same reasons Tundra and BTTrinity chose to hang about even though they left the game for now, I'll be doing just the same. Because there are a few people I enjoy interacting with on here. And feel honored to call them friends.
I'd hate to see you leave Fady as you've always been a polite, intelligent and positive presence on these forums. What can we do to help the devs tone back a bit on what they thought we all wanted? Would you want the Warden to receive a rework similiar to the Kensei for example or something else entirely?

If I were a For Honor dev I would honestly be a bit confused at this point. The community wanted the defence meta to die so the devs did what they thought is the way to go and reworked 3 heroes so they have more soft feints, a soft feint bash (which I think is good imo. Much better than a bash from neutral), some faster lights for Conq and a fast zone for Ken. I have no idea why they gave Conq a guarranteed counter attack strike from blocking in all-block stance... Zerker essentially just got hopped up on cocaine and the speed of his feints and some lights increased to hyper speed.

In a way the devs might have made the same mistake that they did when they made the Centurion as an answer to the defence meta, i.e. not fun to fight for a lot of people. But in all fairness we asked for them to break the defensive meta by making attacking more rewarding. They do it and then still people are not happy and start leaving.

We need to let them know where they did wrong and what they did right. In my opinion defence and attack should both be viable without one being superior to the other. You cannot and should not be forcing players into playing aggressively 100% of the time. Likewise, defence should not be something that wins you fights 100% of the time. We need a balanced and healthy to and fro between attack and defence. It should not go too far in either direction.

SpaceJim12
03-07-2018, 05:57 PM
In a way the devs might have made the same mistake that they did when they made the Centurion as an answer to the defence meta, i.e. not fun to fight for a lot of people. But in all fairness we asked for them to break the defensive meta by making attacking more rewarding. They do it and then still people are not happy and start leaving.

People leave, cause all this feints and unblockables won't help it all. Even more, with dedicated servers (without lags from NAT) I met a lot of defense players. For example against Bers you now just don't have any choise, you SHOULD play defense. And if you are Warden (who cleary have nothing to answer against Bers spammers), you just stay in block until die, or opponent mistakes.
Defensive meta still here, reworks didn't help at all. On PC, anyway. For now the only way for you to play is become light spamer by yourself.
So, people leave, cause Ubisoft didn't solve the problem. Just bring more of them to players, you play in balance on chars like Warden.

Vakris_One
03-07-2018, 06:16 PM
People leave, cause all this feints and unblockables won't help it all. Even more, with dedicated servers (without lags from NAT) I met a lot of defense players. For example against Bers you now just don't have any choise, you SHOULD play defense. And if you are Warden (who cleary have nothing to answer against Bers spammers), you just stay in block until die, or opponent mistakes.
Defensive meta still here, reworks didn't help at all. On PC, anyway. For now the only way for you to play is become light spamer by yourself.
So, people leave, cause Ubisoft didn't solve the problem. Just bring more of them to players, you play in balance on chars like Warden.
We don't want characters to become either obnoxious spam machines or passive staring contests. The goal is not to completely destroy defence as an option, the goal was to make passive defence less oppressive.

What should the devs do to solve the problem of balancing between attack and defence?

brashtralas
03-07-2018, 06:22 PM
We don't want characters to become either obnoxious spam machines or passive staring contests. The goal is not to completely destroy defence as an option, the goal was to make passive defence less oppressive.

What should the devs do to solve the problem of balancing between attack and defence?

Not create characters like shaman, centurion, and gladiator with the sole purpose of combating the defensive meta, then wait a year to release the exact same defensive meta patch that they detailed 8 months before(but held off on for whatever reason) alongside reworks that make some original heroes MORE LIKE shaman, centurion, and gladiator.

That would be a start.

The defensive meta changes should have released alone, 6+ months ago.

Jrock42_
03-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Wait. Don't go, I enjoy watching conversations you, Fady, and alustar have, from a distance of course

Okita_Soji..
03-07-2018, 07:00 PM
What is sad is all the names I looked for on threads to see what they think about topics are leaving. I understand why as I am walking away soon. There is no other good samurai game out there so that sucks.

I tried the servers out on Xbox last night, twice it froze on the vs screen and when I did play the timings felt way off. It was as if everything came faster. I went back to practice and no issues parrying or blocking. PvP was different, don't know how to explain it. I recorded some encounters and watched them to what is up.

Dominion still is just terrible game play. One game my team was breaking and I was last man standing.. 1v4 so stood in zone B at sanctuary bridge locked on to a PK. There were 2 conq's and a Kensei as well. The red circle surrounded me and I rolled out taking half damage then 2 hits and was done. Why use the feat? Such poor gamesmanship.

My real issue is this gas turned into a different game than was advertised. Look at all the trailers... Coming Feb 14 2017 so hyped a war game battling over different terrains. 3 iconic groups from history battling. No where in the trailers does it show a 1v1 Tekken style fighting game. Rainbows, hearts, flames, fireworks everywhere. Sure unique fighting system but the game wasn't shown as 1v1 fighting game but an epic gritty battle game like something from LOTR.

Now its all emotes, spamming quick moves, bombs, and so many feints. The game modes are bland. There is no real difference in classes as everyone shares the same types of attacks.

Numerous threads about what could have been. If they ever make a game like in the trailers I'll be there. I understand why fady, bog, tundra amongst others are upset and leaving. Sorry to see you all go.

benzhoe
03-07-2018, 08:26 PM
it truly is a **** game, piece of garbage

Netcode_err_404
03-07-2018, 08:27 PM
The direction this game is taking is, the only dircetion possible for this type of game design.

Defense was broken, to make characters be able to crack up this shell, they needed to add UB's,

Ppl now spam UB's just because why not.

Blocking was always a problem, blocking is super easy, and completely avoids any form of direct damage. That needed a nerf, a nerf, never happened. Parry changes were ok, but the real problem is still the block.

I can take a conqueror for example, just sit there, block all, and shield bash spam for easy damage. If your opponent can spam UB, then its a spam fest.

Look at kenseis, i used to main kensei before the lame buff, was hard, because everyone just sit and block. Now you can spam UB's with free damage, lot of istant lights with hyper armor, playing kensei now, feels like turning a game to extremely easy mode. is so seasy now killing ppl with him.

UbiJurassic
03-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Thanks for always being an active and positive player around the forums,The_B0G_. We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the state of the game and we'll make sure your thoughts are shared along to the team. As always, feel free to reach out to any member of the community team or myself if you ever have any other points of feedback you want to share, have questions or if you just want to say "Hi." :)

SpaceJim12
03-07-2018, 09:31 PM

I like what devs did with guaranteed GB after parry. Now you have to land attack fast, till opponent took himself together, not just GB and do what you want. But still I see a lot of deflect and doge even after parry light.
I think, devs should change core system, not make old chars an OP like the new ones. Rework dominion to make it real about capture the zones and hold them, not to gunk everything around. I made a thread about Dominion fix.
Feint could be in the game mechanic but all must be soft feint. You should now the combination to feint, not just spam cancel, hit, cancel, hit. Even in game I see how animation become broken when someone start spam cancel attack button. Remove it, just that. That could be the solve of feint spammers problem.
And about defensive meta again. Once I've played with PK rep 36. She made one simple strategy: wait someone to attack, dodge, light or light with bleed, dodge back away and wait again. As Warden I can't land any attack on her. Before you say GB is the way to stop that, I trid, but her light from dodge were too fast. So I can'r offense her, can't play balance and she just wait for me to attack. Only way to kill her was 2v1. So...what about new dodge meta, cause I see that style of play on Bers a lot.
Chars reworks are not the way, as I posted earlier. It's cheap and easy way, but won't help at all.

BTTrinity
03-07-2018, 09:41 PM

When I first posted on these forums (At the games Launch) I was extremely negative and hostile towards Ubisoft and after a couple posts, I realized that if Im gonna be here, I need to do more than just vent ... Here I am almost 600 posts later and I'm honored to be valued by some of the prominent members (And moderator[s]) of the community despite my first couple posts being nothing but hate. (thanks everyone, for giving me a chance, even if you dont remember)

Trust me, when I post something, your response is by far the one I look forward to seeing the most, you're a very polite and enjoyable person to talk to, carry that with you wherever you go friend.

I'd hate to see you leave Fady as you've always been a polite, intelligent and positive presence on these forums. What can we do to help the devs tone back a bit on what they thought we all wanted? Would you want the Warden to receive a rework similiar to the Kensei for example or something else entirely?

If I were a For Honor dev I would honestly be a bit confused at this point. The community wanted the defence meta to die so the devs did what they thought is the way to go and reworked 3 heroes so they have more soft feints, a soft feint bash (which I think is good imo. Much better than a bash from neutral), some faster lights for Conq and a fast zone for Ken. I have no idea why they gave Conq a guarranteed counter attack strike from blocking in all-block stance... Zerker essentially just got hopped up on cocaine and the speed of his feints and some lights increased to hyper speed.

We need to let them know where they did wrong and what they did right. In my opinion defence and attack should both be viable without one being superior to the other. You cannot and should not be forcing players into playing aggressively 100% of the time. Likewise, defence should not be something that wins you fights 100% of the time. We need a balanced and healthy to and fro between attack and defence. It should not go too far in either direction.

For me, the main reasons I'm not playing as much is because Feats, Hero stacking (leading to ridiculous unblockable/feat spamming) are the most problematic, I wouldnt have such a bad time with 50/50's (soft feints) like Conq and Highlander if I could actually take the time to sit and learn their movesets without being exploded every other life by 2 bombringers. Since I MAINLY play PC, its hard to find duels as the entire PC community is on 4v4's / TYM (for me, it takes up to 10 minutes sometimes to find a duel)

Though, one thing I do want to say is giving EVERYONE unblockables and hyper armor should not be the way to do every rework, because we now have Zerker which is a strictly better Aramusha because his finishers are unblockable, he has hyper armor on nearly every hit, his defensive option (Deflect) is better than Aras defensive option (Blade Blockade) by LIGHT-YEARS.

Another reason Im now against giving everyone UB attacks, is because more UB 's will pretty much make it so those are the only used moves in 4v4.

Devils-_-legacy
03-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Sorry bt I've took a lil bit of your paragraph (the main reasons I'm not playing as much is because Feats, Hero stacking (leading to ridiculous unblockable/feat spamming) are the most problematic,) I can totally agree with you on this it's also worrying how many people are leaving for this reason

Baggin_
03-07-2018, 10:17 PM

See, the real root of the problem here is ubisofts' intent on making the game pretty. If they toned down the graphics to make the game be able to run at 60fps on console there wouldn't be much of a problem with your reaction times. I play on pc, but came from ps4 and it feels like a completely different game.

Redkey.
03-07-2018, 10:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNyKDI9pn0Q

EDG_Avocado
03-08-2018, 02:53 AM
welp I guess that's another member gone, you will be missed

goodbye ;(

PDXGorechild
03-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Ah man, I take two weeks off and everyone is leaving.

Gotta say i've lost some enthusiasm for the game recently too. Been engrossed in GTA 5 for a while and can't bring myself to get back on For Honor. I waited a year for buffs on Zerk and i'm dissatisfied. I'm tired of playing the same game modes over and over. The in game community seems to be getting more and more toxic. The general direction of the game does feel very different from the original FH. I can't even be bothered to test out the dedicated servers, most of the reviews on here don't paint a great picture.

Sorry to see you go B0G, Adios!

Charmzzz
03-08-2018, 10:19 AM
See, the real root of the problem here is ubisofts' intent on making the game pretty. If they toned down the graphics to make the game be able to run at 60fps on console there wouldn't be much of a problem with your reaction times. I play on pc, but came from ps4 and it feels like a completely different game.

30 FPS increased to 60 FPS would give you ~17ms more time to react in very specific occasions. I posted a full guide in another thread:

I just copy my Post from another thread concerning the FPS myth:

30 to 60 FPS wont do alot concerning input lag. It is mostly the TV/Monitor, have a look here: https://displaylag.com/display-database/

Different Displays vary from ~100ms to 10ms input lag. Add Controller (Wired and Wireless are around 67ms for Xbox 360 Controllers) and Connection (Wifi could be 10 to 100ms depending on your signal quality and if alot of other Wifi's are interfering), and you will have a much bigger impact on your experience than the 30 FPS more...

30 FPS: 33,3ms
60 FPS: 16,7ms
Display: 10 - 100ms
Controller: 67ms
Connection: 10 - 100ms

If an attack gives you 400ms to react, and you add up those numbers above, what is causing the most input lag?

Edit:
Best Case @30FPS: ~120ms input lag. 400ms attack - 120ms input lag = 280ms reaction window for you.
Worst Case@30FPS: ~300ms input lag. Resulting in 100ms reaction window.

Best Case @60FPS: ~100ms input lag. 300ms reaction window.
Worst Case @60FPS: ~280ms input lag. 120ms reaction window.

See what we try to explain?

Edit2: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=input

That Thread is a nice read. Guy had an extension cord on his Controller which gave him huge input lag.

Edit3: Having 60 FPS gives you 17ms more time to react compared to 30 FPS. Much wow... Having low input lag compared to having high input lag can give you ~200ms more time to react.

Redkey.
03-08-2018, 10:45 AM
I would distinguish a constant lag of your system (and probably all consoles, i hope gamers choosing gamers TVs with fast panel), and floating values (like latancy).
But it's not only a time to react. Maybe, 60 stimulus in one second is much better than 30. But a lot of console gamers is showing crazy skills. But comfort still an issue. And 60 frames is nitty gritty in this case.

bob333e
03-09-2018, 03:10 AM
<snip>

<snippity>

<snip.mp4>

Thank you guys. It means a lot to know, in the relatively short time I've been on here so far, I've managed to establish a rather favorable and positive presence on this forum. Funny thing is, I never felt that way. I've been just doing my thing, being helpful where I can, being informative where I can, partake in jokes here, memes there... I'm on here to discuss game issues and share ideas, as well as have good chats and good times. You and some others are equally to thank for this overall positive experience in-between just a handful of users. Let it be known that virtue is a collective principle. Good and enjoyable communication builds solid grounds for a commendatory experience; we're all in this together, and I'm humbled to have served, and still serve, as one.

What can we do to help the devs tone back a bit on what they thought we all wanted? If I were a For Honor dev I would honestly be a bit confused at this point.

If I were an indie dev, I could flood you with an incessant torrent of creative proposals; as an indie, I would have total creative freedom; but I'd have to work double-extra on the publishing/marketing/making noise side of things, and I'd be lacking money in general.

Indie dev -> creative freedom, virtually no hindrances. But no PR side, no worldwide publishing/marketing system backing you up, and you'll lack the capital and you'd inevitably resort to fundraising.

Giant multi-billion multi-national company -> the PR side, publishing, marketing, and investment capital are all taken care of. But your creative scope is severely limited, and the production schedule often rushes products half-arsed out of the window.

It's not that the For Honor dev team are confused; it's rather that, the original production on For Honor started strong then dwindled on, eventually becoming a shell of its first ever version by launch day. The dev team's production schedule doesn't allow them to address the myriad of issues that came with the game on a timely basis. And the original production having gone haywire and out of the window made it like this game is a Dodge Viper running on a Hyundai engine. It's still a Dodge Viper. But it has a Hyundai engine.

The thing is, they cannot swap the engine anymore. This is the game that's been launched; they cannot change it anymore. They'd need to modify in the existing, weaker Hyundai engine to try and give it some strength and torque and horsepower. High-pressure valves, high-compression pistons, high-caliber camshafts, high-compression cylinder rings, racing-grade belts, high-compression headers and intakes, bigger radiator, even a supercharger.

Their manpower on For Honor has drastically dwindled post-launch, so speeding up any FH production schedule is bound to become a deficit to the company as a whole. You address issues today on the forums, they'll take your feedback and they'll wait like 4 months or more until they start looking into what you reported/addressed 4 months ago, unless it's an emergency (to them) which then gets bumped right into an already tight production schedule and takes at most a week.

This explains why the hero reworks and dedicated servers were greatly delayed; they weren't meant to happen post-launch. But, the Hyundai engine couldn't take the frequent burnouts at car shows (all the bugs and issues and imbalances), the critics and journalists who laughed loud at such a type of engine (connectivity and networking), and couldn't compete with Japanese tuners that also had NOS (DLC heroes). So they had to start thinking of something, a year later. Way past a logical production schedule, and long after the damage had already been done. And they've already alienated the bigger chunk of their playerbase.

For Honor isn't alone in this, mind you. If you've seen footage of how Dark Souls 2 looked like prior to release, and compare it to launch version, hoo boy you'll go nuts. Literally. And even then, both BandaiNamco and FromSoftware did not do the same amount of effort Ubisoft is doing currently, to fix the damages. Ubisoft is among the few holding weekly Dens to their playerbase, given it's a giant company and they could just choose to brush it off and move on.

Honestly, given these three reworks, they should stop with the reworks. It's not going well. The playerbase is already alienated, so most of the "feedback" will be rants, complaints and insults. They are more or less forced to turn their heads towards a select few. And even then, feedback won't be crystal-clear all the time, so they tend to come up with uncalled for decisions and unnecessary adjustments (like the recent auto-kick timer nerf from 120 seconds to 40 seconds, which helps in nothing, and actually prohibits you from using the bathroom or heating up your coffee mug in the microwave). And you can't quit the match because quit penalty.

More speed, more unblockables, and more hyperarmor aren't the solution. I'd rather they rework the DLC heroes, tone them down, change their kits if need be. Then just a tiny touchup on the OG cast and we're good. And all Warden needs, is some half-swording, and less ability to spam shoulderbash, and possibly an alt-stance from whence he could chain things and combos. And his zone should be combat-type, not utility-type. His zone was originally designed to clear minions, not for combat. His current zone is a deadend.

That's it, really. I don't need alien feints, I don't need more unblockables, I don't need hyperarmor, I don't need 400ms lights, I don't need a 3-meter hitbox. Neither should all the other OG heroes. This isn't Devil MayCry or Street Fighter. I'm here to fight, not press two buttons and flip at you in the blink of an eye. Coupled with latency and wrong attack indicators.

Centurion was indeed the ignition factor that shifted the dynamic and ultimately led to a downhill roll. Shinobi wasn't innocent, either. Teleportation and ranged attacks have no place in this game.

The one really good thing that happened with season 5, was the parry changes, which were long overdue. Because they're technically running on a broken production schedule today. Nothing's timely, everything's long overdue, and even when they deliver (any season patch + dedicated server activation) more issues than ever start to show up.

What is sad is all the names I looked for on threads to see what they think about topics are leaving. I understand why as I am walking away soon.

My real issue is this gas turned into a different game than was advertised. Look at all the trailers...

Numerous threads about what could have been. If they ever make a game like in the trailers I'll be there. I understand why fady, bog, tundra amongst others are upset and leaving. Sorry to see you all go.

My case pales in comparison; I wasn't here at launch and even back then I felt an urge to buy the game and try it but was held back more and more, the more I started watching actual gameplay, other than the promo trailers. I eventually bought it last November and I don't regret buying it. But I can't help it: I feel sad about what this game could have been, had it been given the proper love and care it so deserved from the get-go.

So many balance issues. So many bugs and glitches. Connectivity issues that should be non-existent today. Big discrepancies in hero balancing. Half-arsed 4v4 modes. Gear recycling. Steel paywalls everywhere. Broken loot system. Broken reward system. Broken player progression system. One of the worst ever inventory management systems to exist today. Copying memes straight from 9gag and 4chan. Out-of-place outfits, emotes and effects. Executions that don't make sense. And this list is just starting.

Thank you for your words. I'm just as upset to see people among the original playerbase leaving one by one. And not only that; you're from among the few on here who I personally enjoy interacting with.
I might leave the game by end of season 5, or I might not. Should I end up leaving it, or taking a long break from it, I'll still pop in here periodically to check 3 or 4 threads. And I'll make sure I'll stick to where the few I find joy in interacting with, and respect, are hovering.

When I first posted on these forums (At the games Launch) I was extremely negative and hostile towards Ubisoft and after a couple posts, I realized that if Im gonna be here, I need to do more than just vent ... Here I am almost 600 posts later and I'm honored to be valued by some of the prominent members (And moderator[s]) of the community despite my first couple posts being nothing but hate.
I've legit been one the biggest arseholes you'd ever meet, during my teenage years. Today I'm a wholly different person. Who you were yesterday doesn't matter. All that matters, is who you are today and what you choose to do, and who you choose to be, from here.

And your anger and frustration are warranted. Ubisoft alienated so many players. I'm still thankful I never bought this game on release. I think I would have pretty much undergone the same phase as yours, back then. At launch, this game was a total trainwreck.

Trust me, when I post something, your response is by far the one I look forward to seeing the most, you're a very polite and enjoyable person to talk to, carry that with you wherever you go friend.

You honor me, truly. I never thought I'd have such a greatly positive impact on others around here. Thanks a lot for your words mate. I really appreciate them. The same can be said of you. I'll make damn sure I don't vanish forever even if I quit For Honor. I highly value and respect some people on here, you included. Keeping in touch doesn't hurt at all, and isn't a waste of time by any means. This may be a For Honor forum, but I can be here for good giggles just the same.

The_B0G_
03-09-2018, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone, hopefully I'll be back in a few months to play again if I see changes I think will make the game enjoyable for me again.

Stay golden pony boys.

Jazz117Volkov
03-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Well sh!t, another one moving on.
I get it though; so many choices in this game boggle the mind.

The DLC train pretty much guaranteed the game's death though. For an entire year there was nothing but horrendous connection problems punctuated by unbalanced heroes. When Centurion and Shinobi were released--on top of the aforementioned connection issues--there was less players showing up by the day. Every lobby I entered there was people trash talking Centurion, even the people playing him. Everyone knew it was cancer.

Nothing changed for months.

Two more rounds of that was too much. Pretty much everyone I know who was interested in the game left due to frustration from fighting overpowered characters that--if you watched the trailers--weren't in the game. No one wants to login just to get virtually abused by something they have no idea how to counter. I know a lot of players who felt tricked or betrayed by the DLC heroes and left because.

What did Ubisoft do? Well, they were too busy getting the next batch of DLC heroes ready to do anything. So, effectively, they did nothing. Except, you know, release the Shaman. That hero was absolutely the herald of balance and quality the fanbase was waiting for...

For months, while players bled away and or smashed their heads on the brick wall of silence from ubi, nothing was done.

For this game to actually be more than a frustrating insult to all the time and money spent on it will be a miracle. For it to actually make up for more than a year of toxic bullsh!t and prototype content...lol, yeah, probably a better idea to just leave.

Do you want new content for the heroes you actually care about?
Do you want balance adjustments for the characters you know exist?
Do you want expansions to the core game modes so they don't feel like prototypes?
Do you want more story-driven content to fill out the world of this unique and interesting setting?
Do you want dedicated cooperative content to play with your friends thereby enticing more players?
Do you want new characters to expand the lore and roster of the existing factions?
Do you want things like these in something like the order of appearance?

Yeah?

Well too bad, you'll get what you're fcukin' given, and you'll be given a bunch of "iconic" heroes designed around spam and cheese, complete abandonment of everything advertised pre-release, and a ton of "immersive"' memes.

Haplo_Bane
03-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Maybe they could give long term players a Dubian Escort each.Lord knows they have ample contacts and should get a discount for all the free advertising they've done for them.How 'bout it Ubi's ?

PDXGorechild
03-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Maybe they could give long term players a Dubian Escort each.Lord knows they have ample contacts and should get a discount for all the free advertising they've done for them.How 'bout it Ubi's ?

Hahahahahah!

ChampionRuby50g
03-09-2018, 11:00 AM

You win comment off the day hahahaha

Vakris_One
03-09-2018, 04:09 PM
I'd go with this ^