PDA

View Full Version : Mini games!

DarkForceLegend
03-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Hello Space Monkeys!

Something I don't see much anymore are mini games. Developers create this grand world, and you love just being in the world, yet when you don't want to kill enemies or grind for equipment what keeps you in the world? Exploring is nice, but that is finite. Now sure, some modern games have mini games, but what I would like to see is perhaps a collectable card came, or how about a board game with collectible pieces. One of those types of games that are easy to learn difficult to master. It gives us something to hunt for while we are out pirating or whatever floats your boat, and it gives us something to do while we wait for our friends to join or we just want to chill out and play a game or two.

Something else that is similar to the whole mini game idea that I would love to see again is Chocobo breeding. Now I know that the developers can't use Chocobos because of licensing and it being a property of Square, but surely we can have some kind of creature we could bread and have it perform some function and also be used in perhaps a minigame... maybe fighting pits or something to that effect. Though, lets not make the breading like Warframes Kubros system. That system is way to... annoying to say the least.

thanks, and enjoy!

Legion-495
03-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Lets have a BGE themed chess game xD
BGE theme Gwent pls.

ElPrimordial
03-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Yeah, definitively we will need several minigames scattered all around.

Legion-495
03-07-2018, 06:30 PM
Like Jak3 shooting range mounted gun to show your skill ;)
Obviously races can be part of it.

SleekyGeeky
03-07-2018, 09:45 PM
I believe Michel Ancel has stated in various updates/videos that there will be mini games , at least in the form of card games.

as for the pet-esque system you also brought up, while i absolutely love and appreciate games having those types of minigames(?), i'm not too sure it would really fit in well with BGE2 given its current story with breeding, hybrids, ect. though i would be more than happy if Michel and team prove me wrong.

Edit: Apparently i missed in a blog that they actually said they were trying to go for customizable house pets...yay!!

atubaboun
03-07-2018, 11:42 PM
Tarot, gambling, Bras-de-fer, Bar fights, drinking games...Air hockey- thingy

DevilmanSinner
03-08-2018, 04:41 AM
I posted about this in another thread and meant to make a separate thread tonight actually lol. But I digress! I would love there to be classic games with future aesthetics applied. Ideas:

Chess - which began in India
Go - not othello, straight up actual, you have to learn to play it Go (maybe create a three dimensional/axis version)
Pallanghuzi - essentially a southeast Asian version of mancala
Mah Jongg - card or tile version or some futuristic (three or four??? dimensional) version
Pachisi - Indian game that inspired parcheesi and Sorry!

I highlighted Go because it is what I would want to see most of all. It's one of the oldest games ever and it would be cool to see it present in a story set far into the future.
In terms of a collectible-focused type minigame, Mah Jongg would work super well!

bananenslip
03-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Oh i see minigames XD
if we see the trailer it seems to be a evil underground world with mixedspecies as slaves and pets.
it would be interesting to make minigames like that.
Cockfights, poker, races, finding hidden stuff, climbing buildings, saving outposts from asteroids, kill thievs.
stuff like that, thats flow in the mood of the game.
it can have it own rules and be freaky but minigames should be made for it :D

SWalli799
05-10-2018, 10:45 AM
I have no special mini game in mind, but I would like to see one detailed mini game(for example a card game) that interacts a bit with the story.

For example you go into the dark underground to a shady bar where you meet a gangster boss with his crew like we have seen in the trailer. The boss sits at a table and plays a card game. You need something from him. But he will only talk to you if you win the game against him.

This is the first time you play this card game and you are not told any rules. You have no clue how the game works. You are forced to lose the game and you are thrown out of bar. After this event you can talk to other NPCs that play this game and learn how it works. Maybe there are card game tournaments in different cities. When you win there the gangster boss will allow you to play against him once more.

I am thinking of card games like hearthstone, chaos and order duels, or something similar just with a space pirate background or a background that connects to the world of BGE. These card games are real fun and if UBISOFT makes it right such mini game could also be successful by its own. Maybe as an app for the phone that is even played by people not knowing BGE.