PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for New Knight Vanguard for Season 6/7?

Archo-Vax
03-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Based on Teutonic Knights, using a Buckler and War-Pick? Able to apply bleed? Perhaps a religious zealot with Executions themed around the Knights' pantheon?

UbiJurassic
03-07-2018, 12:22 AM
Based on Teutonic Knights, using a Buckler and War-Pick? Able to apply bleed? Perhaps a religious zealot with Executions themed around the Knights' pantheon?

Definitely an interesting array of suggestions. The aesthetic for the Teutonic Knights in particular would be very interesting to see as a potential addition to the hero roster. Thanks for sharing the suggestion Archo-Vax!

TheUnknownD
03-07-2018, 12:30 AM
If he works the same or almost the same as Highlander then I'm extremely happy.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-07-2018, 07:22 AM
Suggested names:
"Templar", "Crusader", "Paladin".

I'm in favour of this, the Knights need some more actual knights. No more Romans or Greeks, please.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Why bring religion into this game ?

RoosterIlluzion
03-07-2018, 11:02 AM

Religion is already in the game, kinda. There are several iterations of the cross (religious symbol) in game, as well as Viking and Japanese symbols. Vikings were pagans, samurai were Buddhist, knights Christian, Romans were Catholic. Do you just have a problem with the name of the character, because I'm sure ubisoft can come up with a name that doesn't offend you.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-07-2018, 06:13 PM

How can you have a knight based character and not bring religion into it?

Archo-Vax
03-07-2018, 08:25 PM

Wow. How uninspired are you? It's a video game, mate, not some massive, central piece of government administration. "Separation of church and state" doesn't mean that: "absolutely nothing can have any religious connotations, except for religion itself". Honestly, man, how twitchy are you? Besides, it's fairly obvious that the Knights in For Honor still believe in the Roman Pantheon - maybe Christianity in some places - and Islam isn't present in the game, so there's no real chance that you'll get triggered over "hurr durr the crusades were bad hurr durr".

King_of_games-SP
03-07-2018, 10:57 PM
I like the idea of more vanguards to give more "easy" characters for those jumping in to the battlefield but the next knight hero i want is a heavy with a massive two handed hammer. Like raider mixed with shugoki. More shugoki than raider

Tirik22x
03-08-2018, 01:49 AM
I hate buckler shields... I enjoy the play of gladiator, but I despise bucklers so much that I canít bring myself to play him.

So please, no class with another buckler shield.

Shhark1991
03-08-2018, 02:58 AM
Round shield and a mace or a sword :D(War-Pick was used for cavalery :D we do dont have this in the game :D ) anyway i thould love a Crusader/Teuton/Templar Knight type with a decent shield and a mace or a Sword :D...i think sword and shield will be good if you guys wanna make a Crusader/templar :D mace and shield will be on a teuton and 2h Mace for a Paladin xD and it will be cool to add the Chieftain to the viking who can have a sword and an axe or a Mace like shukogi, and for the samurai a Tanto dual-wielding assasin :D

goatwack
03-08-2018, 03:39 AM
Perhaps something akin to the Tower Knight in Dark Souls should suffice. Preferably to scale too.

Gotta get them Shaman somehow :nonchalance:

RenegadeRasta
03-08-2018, 09:23 AM
A Vanguard that applies bleed??? I thought you wanted a Vanguard.

BarbeQMichael
03-08-2018, 09:33 AM

Of course not real religions, but in the game's universe there surely are their own ones. Look at any fantasyworld game, they all have some sort of religions in them and some of them are pretty complicated and well thought, like in guild wars.