PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Lobby Types

BattlePHILd
03-06-2018, 09:04 PM
So this is all it says about lobbies. Seems like a combination of the two would be nice. A private lobby you can host with your friends, but leave slots open for the public to join in? What do you think?

- There are 2 types of lobbies allowing you to play multiplayer maps:

Public: After each round, 3 players are randomly selected to pick a map. All players in the lobby then vote among those 3 maps (there’s also a pick from the Arcade, and the replay option). When it's your turn to pick, you can choose a featured map, a map you’ve favorited, or one you’ve published to showcase your talent!

Private: The same process as for a public lobby is followed, but only people who know the password will be able to join this lobby. Those can be used in conjunction with parties to easily create multiplayer matches between friends and play only the map you want!

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 09:15 PM
I'm so upset right now. They blew it. Just completely blew it. The most AMAZING editor ever and they completely failed with the lobby system. So f-ing upset

DapperHayden007
03-06-2018, 09:23 PM
I'm so upset right now. They blew it. Just completely blew it. The most AMAZING editor ever and they completely failed with the lobby system. So f-ing upset

How can you say they blew it without even trying? Sounds like a really great idea to me, think about it, FC2 you'd be bored of playing the same persons maps over and over again because thats ALL they put up..

What im understanding is a set number of people after each game get to choose a map to put up for a vote to choose. That is fair, not only that, it means games are NEVER empty! How many times have you been on FC2, seen someone hosting, they want to put a specific map up to play but cant because they dont gave it downloaded, back out to download it and THEN they have to try and get a lobby back

Plus if you have a few friends in the game, you can get them to vote for your map to go up getting a majority vote

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:39 PM
You are clueless USmovers...you should chill out or move on.

ducain23
03-06-2018, 09:43 PM

I don't understand why they blew it. It allows people to pick whatever maps they want to play and when you have a chance to choose... you can pick yours. Or just have a private lobby and tell your friends to just pick your maps so you can test them.

I get it isn't 100% ideal... but it is still good. Also they can always update it to add more options. It really isn't that big of a deal to me...lol

Manlius10A
03-06-2018, 09:46 PM
I am glad so many are saying the same thing I did in another thread about the lobby system. If anything usmovers, we should still praise Ubisoft for their transparency this time around. We all know exactly what we are getting into.

Negrumir
03-06-2018, 11:21 PM
Hold up guys, before we all get rabidly excited because of the info, let's not forget the track record of Ubisoft and the FC series.
Remember the mode variety in FC:IP, right?
How'd that turn out in FC2? Does anyone remember FC2 before the addition of hardcore mode?
How about FC3's lobby system? Remember how that was never fixed. Remember the constant freezing in the editor?
Remember FC Primal?
Remember FC4's map editor showcase? Remember how they failed to mention the lack of MP? Remember how they later announced an MP addition, but then it turned out to be co-op only?

I'm not trying to crap all over Ubisoft or FC5, or seem ungrateful for the info. I'm just saying, don't forget the past.
Just remember that every single FC sequel has been--in some way--a pretty significant downgrade or disappointment.

I'm happy they at least announced the inclusion of PVP, but I'm still really skeptical.

We'll see.
I hope you're wrong, and I hope I am too.
But we'll see.

Let me break down my concerns.

Public: After each round, 3 players are randomly selected to pick a map. All players in the lobby then vote among those 3 maps (there’s also a pick from the Arcade, and the replay option). When it's your turn to pick, you can choose a featured map, a map you’ve favorited, or one you’ve published to showcase your talent!
Public? That's it?
If I select a public match, will I just be dumped into a random lobby with random folks?
Does that pretty much mean that there's no match selection? (as in FC2 style)
Does that also mean that there's no option for any form of a map list? Once again, FC2 style.
What about voting for favorite maps? If I recall, the "favorite" feature in FC3 didn't work and was never fixed.

For those that don't know, FC2 allowed lobby hosts to select fifteen maps to play in order. (the list could also be shuffled by a vote, if votes were allowed for the lobby)

FC2, for all it's faults, actually had a pretty good lobby system. It allowed players some choice in what they wanted to play or who they wanted to play with. It also allowed hosts to retain control over their lobby. Giving control to the hosts meant that good hosts wouldn't have their lobbies hijacked by parties of idiots. It also allowed them to select whatever maps they wanted. This was great for showcasing new maps as well as replaying favorites.

Private: The same process as for a public lobby is followed, but only people who know the password will be able to join this lobby. Those can be used in conjunction with parties to easily create multiplayer matches between friends and play only the map you want!

only the map you want!

map

Surely they meant to type "maps," plural, as in more than one; as in not having to close the entire lobby to change the map, as in usable at all...
...right?

And I suppose that brings me to some more concerns.
Can the mode be changed without dumping a lobby?
What options will the host have?
Will there even be a defined host or will the theme of ridiculous anarchy carry over from the campaign?
Will there be any way to rearrange teams? FC2 was clumsy with this, FC3 was abysmal. (note the pattern of getting worse with sequels?)

I'm sure I could sit here and dream up a good hundred more questions, yes literally. But I hope this gets my point across.
TL;DR: we still know next to nothing about the end product in terms of our main interests and concerns.
Oh, and even with all the cool things they announced for the editor, I still have some extensive concerns about that too. Example: they said vehicles, but they didn't specifically say they were in PVP. So guys, please, for your own sakes, don't go assuming or making conclusions based on vague info. Please.

Ubisoft--and again, I appreciate them saying anything--can show me all the articles and pictures they want, but they have to earn back me ever taking their word for it. Until then, or at least until release: we'll see. I don't want to seem like a total downer, I want this to be good more than a lot of people do, but fool me once...

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 11:33 PM
The prospect of yet again spending dozens of hours building a map and only getting to play it 2-3 times a day is pretty freaking terrible. But whatever 2-3 times is 2-3 times better than the last 3 games. I hate this new system to it's very core but I'm done crapping on it. The map editor as usual is going to save a truly terrible system and I'm ready to stop talking about it

A_Combi_Stick
03-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Certainly Neg, I'm not quite jumping in head first and preordering just yet, we still need some concrete info on lobbies, mode options, and hosting etc.

BattlePHILd
03-06-2018, 11:53 PM
Also, they mentioned playing in parties for private matches, but what about joining public matches with friends? That's always been a problem with FC games.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 02:08 AM
What's the problem if you get a team of 6 people and another person gets a team of 6 people one sends the other a password and they join the game so you then have two teams of 6 (hopefully opposite sides)

You are then in your own private lobby so as long as no one leaves then I guess you all stay like that & can play together as long as you want.
Then 3 people are chosen to select a map and people select the map they want from the 3 chosen.

So here is the deal get some friends and communicate, when zee Evil 1 hosts he would wait for everyone to download the map and we would all chat and he would say what map do you want to play next, it could be easy and work perfectly providing people communicate.

Imagine you get 12 friends and beforehand you arrange to play X number maps in a set order and you all download the maps from the servers first, so whoever gets the chance to choose they just pick the map from the list and work their way through them now that would surely allow us to play what we want in the order we want.

I don't see an issue playing with friends, it should work well for clans also getting on opposite sides to play one another so one clan invites in the other.
Hell I am even going to look at maybe doing a ladder and getting some teams to play each other with 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw, Far Cry 3 allowed people to play only one map and then they were kicked out, no vehicles and a bad draw distance on lots of the items - It sounds like we have a system that can give us everything we need but it takes a little communication, now there are a lot of us who have been playing these games 13 years or more some on first name terms so if we can't show people how it's done and how to have a good time then something is seriously wrong.

I am confident i will be able to play some really good maps and that the guys invited will be up for playing the same maps so really looking forward to release and trying this system out.

SABRETOOTH1971
03-07-2018, 02:47 AM
In game coms better be good then, as on ps4 you get a max of 8 in a party. Not ideal for a game where 12 can play, and you need everyone in the loop to sort out map picking.

Not really an ideal lobby system, though. Still undecided on a purchase. I just feel somewhere along the line on release someone will find a restriction which will scupper my ideas and plans for maps. Let's see.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 02:59 AM
In game coms better be good then, as on ps4 you get a max of 8 in a party.
I am surprised they didn't up that count with the recent updates that's shocking only 8, I guess people could put the pressure on the host for each room so say me and you get a team of 6 together and you give me a password and I then put in the password somehow I get in your lobby and the others in the team follow me in.

So me and you could sort out a map list beforehand and i chat with those in my team and you chat with the players in yours - So we follow a set order and when someone in my team gets chosen to select a map I say Pick this map and then on voting we tell out teams what to vote on - a private lobby should really be friends / people who will be ok, on PS4 do many still use that text chat ?

Sabre you guys at OldnRubbish shouldn't have any issues at all you were excellent hosts in Far cry 2 although I remember some had problems on the PS3 getting in matches but that aside I had an amazing time playing with you guys all those years ago - I am sure a few teething problems could easily be sorted out.

SABRETOOTH1971
03-07-2018, 03:10 AM
Sabre you guys at OldnRubbish shouldn't have any issues at all you were excellent hosts in Far cry 2 although I remember some had problems on the PS3 getting in matches but that aside I had an amazing time playing with you guys all those years ago - I am sure a few teething problems could easily be sorted out.

From a map making point of view, OnR is not what it use to be now Champ. Most of the old guard have upped sticks now, so doubtful those days will be back. I suppose I will still use the ONR tag myself to highlight my work, for those that remember the TAG.

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 03:21 AM
You are clueless USmovers...you should chill out or move on.

You're making this personal. That's not needed. I did move on for 3 and 4. I have every right to be disappointed. Back off. Also, I'm not clueless. Ubisoft has clearly stated how the lobby system works.

Fallen-Champ
03-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Well there are 2 FaceBook groups that focus on the map editor both are private so this doesn't interfere with peoples personal walls they can talk Far Cry and family / friends don't see in private - FB also has built in chat so that's an ok platform to organize a match.

The Xbox have Clubs and as you know the Playstation has groups, Lillestoel has a really good map building group on PSN with people you would remember they will all be wanting to play maps so we can get organized and make things work to our advantage.

There's www.Battlemap.net / http://www.farcry5maps.com/ I also have a site in the works called www.myfarcry.com
If we can get good groups of us in the same place then someone can say I am available and would like to play these maps, some of us don't mind I will play anything as long as the maps are ok - if someone wants to play 2 or 3 of their own maps in a row go for it if the maps are good so there are people who will make up numbers and help to pick specific maps if required we can make it work easy.

truesurv1val
03-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Well the private hosting option will work i guess, not seeing problems there.

The public hosting option will also work, in theory that is. If everybody plays nice. But im concerned that after the voting of the map is done, half of the players will leave cause their map hasnt been picked and just try again in a new game. So bit afraid that you often will be playing a half full game.

Farcryisdead
03-07-2018, 10:18 AM
I will arrange mp matches in my xbox club and pin info to feed. we can make this work :)

legacyzero
03-07-2018, 02:48 PM
So this is all it says about lobbies. Seems like a combination of the two would be nice. A private lobby you can host with your friends, but leave slots open for the public to join in? What do you think?

- There are 2 types of lobbies allowing you to play multiplayer maps:

I think this is a REALLY good idea. Halo 5 has this now. Where you can join private matches that are happening if the creator of the lobby allows it. That sounds like really good feedback. A server browser of sorts, that shows joinable custom games. Simple enough IMO

BattlePHILd
03-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I will arrange mp matches in my xbox club and pin info to feed. we can make this work :)

I was really concerned about the private matches mostly due to the fact that my friends list has never been highly populated with FC players. But after I considered the Xbox Club you made (and I joined months ago), I became a lot less worried. We can give the passwords to join in the club chat, or better yet, put the password in the Club description and just use the same password for all the private matches we start! Something like: FCMappers. That way we never need to give it out. We can definitely make this work!

Farcryisdead
03-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Great idea :) only members can view chat, so we can post it there. getting excited :) we could have say password 1 password 2 and so on for a few club lobbies.

BattlePHILd
03-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Great idea :) only members can view chat, so we can post it there. getting excited :) we could have say password 1 password 2 and so on for a few club lobbies.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if non-members joined games. Might be a nice recruiting tool.

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 07:12 PM
So jealous of everybody's excitement. This game has been nearly ruined for me. I can't even tell you how upset I am. I know it's just a game but this was supposed to be the one thing that was going to go right in this f-ing **** life.

A_Combi_Stick
03-07-2018, 08:35 PM
If you were relying on FC5 to be the one boon in your life, you have bigger issues to sort out friend. Explains all the neg postings...

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 10:45 PM
After the leak FC5 became a bright spot in what has definitely been an extremely bleak time for me. Regrettably the negativity I've posted here pre-leak was unrelated to that. It was due to Ubi's long history of completely botching the PvP aspect of this franchise.

Being 100% honest I've never had such a powerful negative emotional reaction to any announcement for any game ever. Not even FC3 or 4. Still going to play this game at some point likely after launch depending on the PC budget limitations. The bad lobby system is miles better than 3 and 4. Just feeling really really let down if both the lobby system and the PC budget news proves true.

Steve64b
03-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Just feeling really really let down if both the lobby system and the PC budget news proves true.

Yeah well, at some point you just have to roll with it. Who knows, perhaps it'll turn out alright.If not, perhaps we'll be able to provide feedback.

As for the budget, I decided to check the Far Cry 4 stats I have on file to see how many maps actually use more than 7.5K objects.
Obviously, all the console maps use less. Of the 37028 PC maps I have stats for, only 539 have more than 7.5K, and only 394 have more than 15K objects.

So if we apply the new budget 'restriction' to FC4 maps, only 1% of all currently published PC maps would be over-budget in terms of object count. That doesn't sound too bad?

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 12:16 AM
My concern isn't for the map as a whole. My concern is for an area of 4 squares but that concern has been mostly alleviated.

xxFratosxx
03-08-2018, 01:23 AM
Honestly FarCry players should be happy with having a re-spawn mode at the very least. Ghost Recon Wildlands stuck with just having the 1 life death match. Gets boring. Less action. More of an hide and seek type of game. They only had one mode at start and the recent 2 additional modes they add was clone of the first mode lol

Steve64b
03-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Why is there random voting for maps?Just to make sure: there is a random selecting of maps by 3 players+1Arcade suggestion, voting is done by all players in the lobby.

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Just to make sure: there is a random selecting of maps by 3 players+1Arcade suggestion, voting is done by all players in the lobby.

Okay so I don't actually understand what this means. Perhaps you can help me out. I get that all players get to vote on the selected map. I get that 3 players after each round will be able to select a map to be voted on. What I don't get is WHAT those 3 players will be able to select from. Are all 3 players selecting 1 premade map and 1 arcade map? Are all 3 players selecting 1 premade map and the server randomly chooses an arcade suggestion? Do all 3 players get to choose only 1 map but it can be either premade OR arcade?

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 03:16 PM
I get the impression I will be ditching lobbies for around 4 hours before I finally get to play my own maps, then after that have to start all over again ditching lobbies. Either that or just be idle in other peoples maps and watch movies until my own map comes up.

If I'm doing my math correctly and assuming full lobbies at all times that means 1 in 4 matches you'll get the opportunity to select. It's my experience that PvP matches tend to last between 10-15 minutes not including lobby time. That means on average once every 40 minutes to an hour you'll get a chance to have the lobby vote for your map. With 2 other players also choosing a map that means once every 40 minutes to an hour you get a 1 in 3 chance of playing your map. So... to have a near 100% chance to have played your map once you will have to play between 2-3 hours. If you play the game for 12 hours on your day off you will on average get to play your map 4-6 times. On a work/school day if you play 3 hours some days you'll get your map once, others twice. Over the course of a full week assuming you play 12 hours on your days off and 3 on work/school days on average you will have played 39 hours and will have played your own map 13-20 times.

To play your map more frequently in public lobbies you have to either be lucky or hope for less than full lobbies. Who wants to root for empty lobbies though?

Is this REALLY good enough? With Far Cry 2 the same amount of plays would take me 4-5 hours. Then I'd spend a few hours with other peoples maps then back to mine.

Someone please correct me if my math is wrong.

Ykian_
03-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Hello,

A quick update on this, as there seems to be some confusion about how maps can be picked / played.

In a public lobby, after a map is completed, once all 12 players get back to the lobby, 3 of them are selected to pick 1 map each. Those players can bring any map to the lobby: by default the featured maps will be displayed, but you can filter what's on screen and choose to see only your favorites, or your published, etc. Once those 3 players are done, or the timer ran out, then all players vote for the map they want to play. There are the 3 maps picked by players, a suggestion from the Arcade, and the Replay option.

A few things about the voting, and how to bring your map forward during that time:
- as mentioned by someone else in this thread, if you're in a party (up to 6 players) you can ask the entire party to vote for your map, i.e. you have half the votes on that map, and a very good chance to play it
- also, if you're in a party, your friends can pick your map by having favorited it earlier (on the website or directly in the Arcade), so that they can find it easily when it's their turn to pick
- there's voice chat, so you can ask other players in the lobby to pick your map
- if your map is part of the great ones, it might even be featured, giving it even more visibility!

And if you just want to test your map out with friends, before updating it in the next version you publish, or play a private match with 11 friends, private lobbies are the way to go!

The goal with this system is to provide something that is fair to everyone: players and map makers.
With this, map makers have ways to get their own maps played by the community.
But it also allows players to enter lobbies and not be forced on a list of maps by other players without having a word to say about it.

We understand that some of you might not find this solution ideal, but it's the one we feel will be fair to the largest amount of players and map makers.
Hope this answer clarifies how the system works!

Farcryisdead
03-08-2018, 04:24 PM

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 05:37 PM
All it takes is one sexy map made by ya and played. The map will do the talking. Chance 1 out of 12 will favorite it and maybe try it out in another lobby another day. Then the dominoes fall. Before ya know it your map has a 100 downloads within a week to a months time. Its just that your map has to stand out from the rest in the early goings. I'm sure tons of maps be all forests and dirt roads with a few cabins plopped down. Ya have to top them dime a dozen scenery maps with a mansion or something made from scratch.

Yes I know that. I'm a damned good mapper. Not on par with the elites like that guy who posts his robots here lately (forget his name) but my maps are darned good visually and gameplay wise. However I will NEVER be chosen by Ubisoft and I don't care how many downloads my map gets. I care how often I get to play my own map.

Steve64b
03-08-2018, 05:41 PM
all the stupid groups of jacksepticeye followers will vote for those crap maps and thats what you will have to play.So, there are 4 maps to choose from. I'm kinda hoping Ubi's Arcade will have something in place that recommends a non-jacksepticeye (aka ugly default textured) map. So, that leaves 3 map spots left with potential 'bad' maps.

Suppose that from a party of 12, the 3 players selected to pick maps *all* select a jacksepticeye map. You then have 3 bad maps & the 1 good Arcade suggestion. Players who don't want to play the 'bad' maps will instead just vote for the Arcade suggestion, right?

Manlius10A
03-08-2018, 06:21 PM
The Lobby system isn't ideal, but it isn't all bad. They probably choose it to ensure that rooms remain full and that every-player has a chance to promote their maps within the system. The weekly developer held events are most likely offered to give mappers that spend 50+ hours on a map a chance to promote and play their maps.

I am sure the developers evaluated the pros and cons of this lobby system (and FC2's system), and determined that this is the best solution to keep everyone happy. For people that really put time and care into our maps there is the weekly events. My FC4 maps were deeply flawed, but Ubisoft still took time to promote them through lets plays and on these forums.

However, that being said, it will be even harder for me to promote my maps this time around. I have a house, a wife, a toddler, a newborn, and a demanding job. I'll have less time to map, less time to play PvP, and less time to promote my maps. So yea, I am concerned that I will spend hours upon hours on a map (which will take many days longer to develop then in the past), but it will get buried in obscurity. And trust me, I take mapping seriously and I plan to make very balanced maps. There is no way, I will be able to compete with the JackSeptic crowds out there. But that is life....

Let's not forget that Ubisoft is still providing us with this awesome editor when no other devs really are, and for that I will be greatly appreciative.

DapperHayden007
03-08-2018, 09:51 PM
That is life?

So you agree with a system that promotes jacksepticeye and random maps being played as much as maps where the mapper has spent a week making it?

I'm sorry but I don;t just conform to what some other guy thinks is the best option. And I'm sorry to say that whoever at Ubi dreamed up this lobby system is wrong and have made a crap decision that will impact on millions of people. Thank GOD I'm not the person who made this MP lobby system.

Sab if its not for you just don't buy it..

You're shaming a system you HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED YET you cant say it won't be good unlesa you've already played around with it.

gta5 Has a similar system and 0% of the people that play that game complain about it.

Lobbies wont work in this day and age on consoles, simple.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
03-08-2018, 10:17 PM
To Sabotur defense.. Does anyone see the top maps on consoles..The top Far Cry 4 maps on consoles are maps that take an hour or two to make. So he has a right to worry. If the lobby system has a bunch of flat green maps to pick from and you and a friend are trying to play a map that's took you days to make, you might get out voted by some younger players and stuck playing low effort maps.

If the game can sort out these low effort maps than the lobby system will work better. I am not trying to dismiss the lobby system in Far Cry 5, but I can see the concern. I am still getting the game and will try to have an open mind about the lobby system.

impressionman76
03-08-2018, 11:28 PM
I love making single player and co-op maps and the assets sound amazing. I am very grateful on that front... BUT... The public lobby system is concerning for me too. I am not going call it names just yet, but Sabotur has some valid concerns. If we can all join up in a group, communicate, and go with the Private match. I think we can work around some of potential issues, especially since we all just want to play high effort maps. However, the public system could be a real problem if there are a lot of Jacksepticeye players polluting the editor that is. I would like to see Ubisoft update in a lobby system like FC2 in addition to what they got. That way we can all see which system really works better! Place your bets! They may need to, if the current system turns out not to work. I am a high effort map maker and I also have no interest in playing low effort green grid crap. Just my thoughts... Again from a single player story point of view, I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into the new assets!!! Thank you Ubisoft for listening and trying your best to do right by as many people as possible. I am a game designer as well, and I know how hard it is to get things totally right! I pre-ordered gold and counting the days.

usmovers_02
03-08-2018, 11:28 PM
Sab if its not for you just don't buy it..

You're shaming a system you HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED YET you cant say it won't be good unlesa you've already played around with it.

gta5 Has a similar system and 0% of the people that play that game complain about it.

Lobbies wont work in this day and age on consoles, simple.

Oh yeah? And why won't lobbies work nowadays? Also don't have to try the system if you can do basic math. Playing by yourself in public lobbies for 40 hours a week will on average net you about 10-15 goes on one of your own maps.

impressionman76
03-08-2018, 11:42 PM
USmover_02 I get your concerns, I share some of them. We can request a FC2 lobby system and I for one would like to see that updated in. But we may not get that, so your choice is to turn and leave or try to make the best of what is offered. The private match sounds like it might be acceptable, if not ideal, so long as we all communicate and stick with it. If there are enough of us this might work. If you are as good a mapper as you say I will be glad to play your maps in multiplayer.

impressionman76
03-08-2018, 11:52 PM
Bottom line is FC5's multiplayer system can only work if everyone that joins wants to play high effort maps and does not leave if their map is not picked right away. I just remembered that many of us are on different systems. I am on PS4, but if the game is good enough I will get it for Xbox too.

SICKSIX6_FCI
03-08-2018, 11:58 PM
I think the solution here is to keep your matches private and play with friends! When I started playing Far Cry Instincts 13 years ago on the OLD Green, that's ALL we did. We didn't worry about public lobbies, voting or who made better maps than who. We got a room of friends, we always made sure to download and keep each other's maps, and the host ran whatever we asked for. This is very close to the same scenario without having to have an obnoxious overbearing host spam you with MY MAPS MY MAPS! Just get with friends, make sure to already have each others work saved as favorites, and before each round talk to each other and have a map in mind for the 3 "chosens" to pick and everyone just vote on the damn thing. It's a small setback, not a deal breaker guys! Come on now! We've got everything else we've asked for over the last 12 years, let's make it happen! See you crazy MF's soon!

SICK

impressionman76
03-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Well said SICKSIX6_FCI either way we are getting what we get, what you say about sticking to private and play with friends is making the best of it. I can hardly wait for it come out myself.

DapperHayden007
03-09-2018, 12:03 AM
Oh yeah? And why won't lobbies work nowadays? Also don't have to try the system if you can do basic math. Playing by yourself in public lobbies for 40 hours a week will on average net you about 10-15 goes on one of your own maps.

imagine, your in a AAA game which sells MILLIONS of copies, you have to scroll down a HUGE list just to find ONE good host. By the time you've got into that one good game, you could have played 2-3 maps using the new system which is Quick and simple for Everyone to use.

It's a fair system, I had my concerns with it until I was explained how it works. If you have one or 2 friends with you in a game, that's a 2 extra vote head start in your favour. People will generally look for the map with the nicest pictures, sure there might be a small minority who will want to play those ridiculous Jacksepticeye maps, but that's not going to be a huge amount of people and they'll quickly get bored of those maps and will want to play the decent maps.
Look at FC2, how many times was there a game with Stock Ubisoft Levels on the lobby browser, how many people were usually in there? tell you one thing, it was RARE to see a full lobby on those maps.

People will quickly pick up on the fact that if the image has a grid on it, then it's not getting voted for.

It's not fair having matches going where you play your own maps and that's it. Whenever I hosted on FC2, I always put other peoples maps into the playlist so there was more of a variety.

I'm not saying anyone's wrong for not being sure about the new system, but it's modern, it's the way games do things now. Also, I am not trying to say that Sab is wrong in any way, I may be wrong, but I'm just saying, if he's going to moan about a game because a feature doesn't look like it will work very well, and then keep on blaming the developers and calling them lazy, stuck up and what not, don't buy the game, we don't need the toxicity. And to be honest the fact that it's EVERY damn thread, grow up, seriously.

Why's it so important to play your own maps all the time anyway?

DapperHayden007
03-09-2018, 12:05 AM
I think the solution here is to keep your matches private and play with friends! When I started playing Far Cry Instincts 13 years ago on the OLD Green, that's ALL we did. We didn't worry about public lobbies, voting or who made better maps than who. We got a room of friends, we always made sure to download and keep each other's maps, and the host ran whatever we asked for. This is very close to the same scenario without having to have an obnoxious overbearing host spam you with MY MAPS MY MAPS! Just get with friends, make sure to already have each others work saved as favorites, and before each round talk to each other and have a map in mind for the 3 "chosens" to pick and everyone just vote on the damn thing. It's a small setback, not a deal breaker guys! Come on now! We've got everything else we've asked for over the last 12 years, let's make it happen! See you crazy MF's soon!

SICK

^ Exactly THIS!

impressionman76
03-09-2018, 12:12 AM
DapperHyden007 I have seen your work and I have much respect for it. I agree with some of your points as well. But I think you underestimate how many Jacksepticeye players are out there. Sadly, on the console for Far Cry 4, most of the highest rated maps were low effort. Some are high effort and I have one or two still top-rated last time I looked. BUT The Jackseptic crowd is likely to come to 5 and pollute the hell out of the lobbies and ratings... unfortunately.

Sknipester
03-09-2018, 12:13 AM
Hopefully it is updated to a common sense Fc2 lobby system. They should just make the private lobby system so ONE person can HOST it, give all available match options to the host (infinite timer, map playlist, etc.). You already have all the random **** going on in public. How am I supposed to host a game battles competition with this system? How am I supposed to host special maps like escape maps with infinite time limit? (this is the main type of map I like to create, besides occasionally dm maps)

I for one am not going to dish out any money until the mp lobby system is logical. You can hold me to my word...the last far cry I bought was far cry 2. I've been waiting so long for a functional system. It seems like this editor is amazing and congrats on that, but they should really think about hiring somebody that works for the common sense department to work on the lobby system, and hopefully an update will make me actually buy the game once I see that it is corrected. If not, back to rocket league. I hope I'm proven wrong in some areas, and I hope it will eventually be buyable to me.

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 01:00 AM
Don't buy the game? What other FPS with PvP that has an editor do I have to choose from? Why am I not wanted in this mapping community? I don't only play my maps, I play others nearly equally. I just play alone. And now for all practical purposes I only get to play other peoples maps and never mine.

So yes, I'm upset and I think this system is trash.

Regarding a long list of lobbies... Remember how fc2 did it? If you didn't care what map you played you just clicked quick match

impressionman76
03-09-2018, 01:18 AM
Don't buy the game? What other FPS with PvP that has an editor do I have to choose from? Why am I not wanted in this mapping community? I don't only play my maps, I play others nearly equally. I just play alone. And now for all practical purposes I only get to play other peoples maps and never mine.

So yes, I'm upset and I think this system is trash.

Regarding a long list of lobbies... Remember how fc2 did it? If you didn't care what map you played you just clicked quick match

I don't think any of us are excluding you, and I do agree with some of your concerns. The developers are listening this time and they made the call on the lobby system, you can agree or not, but insulting their hard work is the only issue some of are having with your comments. Again I get your frustration, but we need to be open and give it a fair try then judge it. Game is not out yet. You could be right, but give it a chance at least. This is only fair. Luckily, for me if it does not work out I will still be happy making co-op and single player maps.

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 03:31 AM
Well a few things here. For one I didn't mean to suggest anyone from this community (save for Dappers comment which I don't actually think he meant in any kind of personal way) is excluding me. Also there is just no way I'm insulting the work of the developers at all. If you go through my post history you will see dozens of times where I've made it abundantly clear that my feelings towards various features in this game do not represent what I think of the developers.

I don't have to give it a try to know it's bad. All I have to do is math. If we assume that every 15 minutes I will have completed a cycle of lobby to end of match then that means 1 in 4 times I have a 1 in 5 shot (3 chosen maps plus a forced arcade selection and a forced replay selection) of my map being selected. Talking strictly math that means one in 20 matches my map will be played. If going from lobby to end of match takes an average of 15 minutes then that means on average I will play my map once every 5 hours. Thats... freaking... terrible.

PLEASE correct me if my math is wrong.

I have zero interest in making SP or Co-op maps. Only PvP and I want to split my time about 50-50 between my maps and other peoples. Not 5-95 in favor of others.

impressionman76
03-09-2018, 08:11 AM
For Sabotur and us movers_02's sake I hope Ubisoft adds in a hosting lobby system similar to FC2.

'usmover_02' correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like your mind has been made up and nothing any of us say will change it, and you are also not interested in joining any communities or making friends?

I have been only mapping for 3 years, but during that time I have joined a few communities and made friends and because of that my time with FC4 has been made 5 times better. I have learned many great tricks from others and discovered new creative ways of using those same objects to create new things that I didn't think previously possible. Sorry if this sounds cheesy but... its true. Most of my negative experiences over those years have been with bratty randoms who trolled all over my hard work. My point friends good, randoms usually not good. It is up to Ubisoft rather or not they decide to add in a lobby system like far cry 2. They will do what the do. I say try to make the best it. My other point, I would suggest you give this topic a rest for now, you made some good points, but if you continue on you run the risk of Ubisoft ignoring you completely and them digging in the other way, which would be too bad. I am formally requesting Ubisoft to add a lobby system like Far Cry 2, keep what they got but add that in. There lets leave it at that. Of course thanks to them for their incredible hard work and for giving us that trailer!

Cheers

IgniterRC
03-09-2018, 02:36 PM

SICK

Sick old buddy I think the alcohol has clouded your memory. If Instincts and Predator had FC5's lobby system you wouldn't have the friends list you do now. People met and became friends by joining lobbies and liking the way a host ran their room and the vibe of the players in the party. I met a lot of different people by joining their games and checking out their maps or them joining my games. I got hooked on Instincts because it had a good community feel unlike Halo. There is no community when your tucked away in the isolated cell of a private game.

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 05:24 PM
For Sabotur and us movers_02's sake I hope Ubisoft adds in a hosting lobby system similar to FC2.

'usmover_02' correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like your mind has been made up and nothing any of us say will change it, and you are also not interested in joining any communities or making friends?

Cheers

Well I think it's highly unlikely anybody can change my mind. Certainly nobody has argued against my math. I am ALWAYS open to changing my mind when presented with a new view point/new evidence.

Regarding communities ect. Believe it or not I'm am extremely soft spoken. My maps won't be played because I won't speak up and I always feel like I owe it to others to play their maps instead. I also hate being tied to a certain time for doing things. I just wanna get on, chill and have some fun and not worry about when I need to be on and when everybody is leaving. Basically... I just want to play alone because to me it's less stressful. This lobby system is EXTREMELY anti-loner.

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Thats my sentiments about Ubisoft. They made their mind up to screw the lobby system and won't listen to reason from anybody.

Yup. 3 games in a row now the community has nearly unanimously cried out for the FC2 system. 3 games in a row Ubi has done anything but.

impressionman76
03-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Yup. 3 games in a row now the community has nearly unanimously cried out for the FC2 system. 3 games in a row Ubi has done anything but.

I guess I am more hopeful that something similar will be added in at some point, you see Ubisoft with their hard work on Far Cry 5 has blown my expectations out of the water in almost every other way. They are listening and they probably have had this vary discussion. I for one think there is a fair chance they will add in something similar to FC2 as well. They should keep what they got, because while it probably won't appeal to that many serious mappers like us, it is good way for casual players who don't mind playing all kinds of random maps to jump in and play quickly. I am going to hold back my judgment and wait and see. We might get the lobby system we want too. As far as the editor goes I am getting what I want and more..

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 05:57 PM
There were literally hundreds of posts by loads of people asking for a return to FC2 style lobby system.

I honestly think there is a bunch of stubborn sods somewhere in the world that influence all things that ever happen in life (not necessarily at Ubi) who suck the life out of every form of entertainment.

I blame focus groups. Developers no longer focus on just making something badass, they bring in focus groups and try to make something that appeals to the widest possible group. I totally get that it's a business and they need to make money. But sometimes you just have to say you know what? This idea is just too badass. Screw what the focus tests told us, we're doing it this way instead. This isn't even a knock on Ubi or the lobby system. This is a knock on AAA gaming in general.

Viragoxv535
03-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Until the system goes live we can't really know how reliable it is. That's probably why developers will keep monitoring after launch. Big companies are embracing the scheme that makes indie developers unique.

Farcryisdead
03-09-2018, 08:01 PM
I dont see any reason why they cant gives us mappers more advanced hosting options for private matches. non mapper players will have the public lobby system that seems to be designed for THEM only. it's not fair to be ALL just for non mapper players. at the end of the day WE are the ones who spend hours,days,weeks building the maps that they play for free, it seems unbalanced towards non map making players imo.

Viragoxv535
03-09-2018, 08:06 PM
I don't know as i'm not really an expert guys but don't you think that our friends raised those concerns at the map editor event ?

jokerstyle83
03-09-2018, 09:33 PM
It is really sad, why does Ubisoft arent still able to listen to their fans again? They can make the best game on earth, but instead they are offering poor quality multiplayer lobby system, that arent genius. Because of this the multiplayer will die quicker, the game selling will not be sold at his best and we will be stuck again to wait a couple of years just to see how long it will takes from them to develop another Far Cry with the use of all their fans comments, to make the best multiplayer experience possible instead of giving poor quality lobby system made from poor ideas, that had already been shown that it wasnt working well in the past....

Now the Ubisoft developers seems to just look to cash in and to forget about how the consumers will react when you will pull out their choice to add some beacons to their food plates, which with they was happy with... No joke, this is a joke and then I am really disapointed once again to talk to my sad self about how life could be better with that beacons slices!

When you are waiting for some beacons, but you will never get it.
https://media.giphy.com/media/K4849SW5Womc0/giphy.gif

xCTExBOSS
03-29-2018, 04:29 AM
If there was a hardcore version like less health and reduced Hud no having to shoot people 20 times till they die..

Just my Opinion

Have a good game

Kind Regards

Bigboss

Boss of the CTE clan