PDA

View Full Version : FC5 Map Editor Gripes, and Concerns

OnlyBroward
03-06-2018, 08:55 PM
I know, know. How could I have any complaints only hours after the trailer launch?! I am bursting with excitement for this game as I'm sure many of you are as well, but I couldn't help but itch that part of my brain...

So here is what I've noticed:
No rain or snow feature?
Does not seem like a significant increase in asset budget on consoles.
Textures limited to only using four in a map.

I don't want you guys to think I'm ungrateful for the absolute cluster of new features, and assets we are going to get. We have been truly blessed by the Ubi-Gods this time around.

Please share any other gripes, and concerns you have. As well as discussion about them.

Viragoxv535
03-06-2018, 09:05 PM
• No rain or snow feature?

This.

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:16 PM
No rain? Wait till more info comes out, that hasnt been announced yet clearly.

Budget? How would you know if the budget is up or down?

Again, wait and see, have faith..!

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Also no way to host a public map rotation

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:19 PM
And as for textures limited to 4, this is a Dunia restriction, so without a total rewrite of the engine, that wont change...but, workarounds have been created so that in some situations, it wont matter anymore....think 'generic assets with well over 100 textures that can be applied to them'. Does that help?

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:21 PM
There is, it just works differently than FC2. Did you read the basic description of MP? There is 2 variations, private and public. I wouldnt be surprised if more variations came in the future, but who knows

OnlyBroward
03-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the input, and education... as far the asset budget... it is but a wild guess based off of a few snapshots from the trailer... specifically the collection budget that you can see a few times. Taking into account of the amount of objects that i can see on screen with the budget percentage. I would have to say it looks to have a similar budget to FC4 map editor.

Viragoxv535
03-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Again, wait and see, have faith..!

How can you say that if rain is missing since FC4?????

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:45 PM
How can you say that if rain is missing since FC4?????

How do you KNOW rain is missing?

ducain23
03-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Didn't it say we can adjust fog and wind. Before we got rain in Halo 5... we adjusted the fog and wind to make it look like rain. So there are options even if it isn't in the game at launch.

Also everyone needs to remember that they will be supporting the editor post launch... so we might get things we didn't have :)

Viragoxv535
03-06-2018, 09:49 PM
How do you KNOW rain is missing?

It's not listed in the presets either..

Also everyone needs to remember that they will be supporting the editor post launch... so we might get things we didn't have :)

Fingers crossed.

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:52 PM
I would ASSUME that there are way more adjustable settings than are listed in this article.... ;)

OnlyBroward
03-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Very true... despite this thread being focused on the negativity, and concerns of the not yet released game, the map editor is an amazing tool that I can't wait to get my hands on. Looking forward to see what the community will create!

DrShakez
03-06-2018, 09:54 PM
I'm definitely not in a complaining mood after all this info, but I have a lot of hope for the future of Far Cry after 5. If they're actually listening to the community and want to keep the editor integrated into the games, then the games can only get better and add more from this point. We could have everything that's missing by the time Far Cry 6 is out.

I'm going to be very content and busy with Far Cry 5, but I'll be making recommendations for 6 throughout my playtime with 5. I can already tell my biggest wish list items will be Game Mode editor (not just deathmatch) and some form of simple scripting (mostly just doors with switches and moving objects). Other than those, I'm blown away by how much of what I wanted is already confirmed. Just the fact that they have custom loadouts and weapon placements in team deathmatch is HUGE for me.

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:58 PM
I'm definitely not in a complaining mood after all this info, but I have a lot of hope for the future of Far Cry after 5. If they're actually listening to the community and want to keep the editor integrated into the games, then the games can only get better and add more from this point. We could have everything that's missing by the time Far Cry 6 is out.

I'm going to be very content and busy with Far Cry 5, but I'll be making recommendations for 6 throughout my playtime with 5. I can already tell my biggest wish list items will be Game Mode editor (not just deathmatch) and some form of simple scripting (mostly just doors with switches and moving objects). Other than those, I'm blown away by how much of what I wanted is already confirmed. Just the fact that they have custom loadouts and weapon placements in team deathmatch is HUGE for me.

Its POSSIBLE you might get your wishes in the next iteration, fingers crossed?

Seamount4Life
03-06-2018, 10:14 PM
This editor is all we have been asking for since FCI:P. Kudos to the Far Cry team for finally delivering!

As for the thread topic, only thing that comes to mind is:

Low player count: 12 players is fine, but would prefer this number to be higher (16-24+)
Lack of modes: DM / TDM is bare bones for Multiplayer. Hoping they add some modifiers to these modes (Mainly respawn counter options). But the lack of LMS, CTF, Domination, attack/defend is a bit of a let down. They could've just had all the modes from FCI:P and added modifiers to them so we could create all kinds of stuff.

As someone said, tough to be unhappy with everything that was released today! Lots of excitement moving forward and hopeful of a couple of adjustements mentioned above.

DrShakez
03-06-2018, 10:32 PM
Its POSSIBLE you might get your wishes in the next iteration, fingers crossed?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for it for sure, but either way, as long as 5 is the new base for the editor, it can only keep getting better from here.

impressionman76
03-06-2018, 11:09 PM
I am blown away by the trailer and I will buy it day of and gold edition. They were only able to show so much in the trailer, I think it is likely snow and rain will be there. The maps look big and detailed which tells me the budget has to be bigger. Thank you Ubisoft I have never been so excited for a new game before now.