PDA

View Full Version : Enough to Get Me to Preorder

Manlius10A
03-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Call me a chum, and rightfully so, but this announcement is enough to get me to pre-order Far Cry 5. First game I have pre-ordered in over 5 years. I know the matchmaking and lobby system hasn't been announced yet, and it probably will fall short to what we want, but it seems like this mode is a huge focus for Ubisoft and I am optimistic. Plus all the assists alone will be really fun.

In fact, in an IGN article Dan Hays, Far Cry creative director is quoted to say.
"The thing that pissed me off in the past is that we kinda had it off to the side [the map editor]. It was a vestigial limb - now what we’ve done is we’ve brought it back into the game.”

So let me be the sacrificial lamb for the community and report what I can as soon as it is released. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-06-2018, 08:22 PM
1000's will be preordering after that trailer :)

DrShakez
03-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Yep, gotta say that I got what I needed. That was enough for me to pre-order the gold edition.

Steve64b
03-06-2018, 09:02 PM
I know the matchmaking and lobby system hasn't been announced yet

Check out this official Ubisoft statement (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1846850-Far-Cry-5-Map-Editor?p=13352848#post13352848):

There are 2 types of lobbies allowing you to play multiplayer maps:

* Public: After each round, 3 players are randomly selected to pick a map. All players in the lobby then vote among those 3 maps (there’s also a pick from the Arcade, and the replay option). When it's your turn to pick, you can choose a featured map, a map you’ve favorited, or one you’ve published to showcase your talent!

* Private: The same process as for a public lobby is followed, but only people who know the password will be able to join this lobby. Those can be used in conjunction with parties to easily create multiplayer matches between friends and play only the map you want! When you publish a map multiple times, it’ll automatically replace the previous version. You can see which version a map is at by checking its details in the Arcade. And as a source of inspiration, you can check out all the official Ubisoft maps we’ll be releasing with the game! :)

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 09:25 PM
The new lobby system is trash. Yet again no realistic way to play on the map you just spent 50+ hours making

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:30 PM
usmovers....dang girl, you are SO pessimistic, all the time! WHy are you in this forum, to piss on everyones cornflakes?

Its VERY realistic to be able to play your maps...have you played, do you know?

READ:

* Private: The same process as for a public lobby is followed, but only people who know the password will be able to join this lobby. Those can be used in conjunction with parties to easily create multiplayer matches between friends and play only the map you want! When you publish a map multiple times, it’ll automatically replace the previous version. You can see which version a map is at by checking its details in the Arcade. And as a source of inspiration, you can check out all the official Ubisoft maps we’ll be releasing with the game!

DrShakez
03-06-2018, 10:44 PM
The new lobby system is trash. Yet again no realistic way to play on the map you just spent 50+ hours making

Honestly, all we have to do is form a group of mappers. We can show off maps and play custom games.

When you publish a map multiple times, it’ll automatically replace the previous version. You can see which version a map is at by checking its details in the Arcade.

Somehow I missed this. That's fantastic news! That annoyed the crap out of me in 4.

A_Combi_Stick
03-06-2018, 10:52 PM
Yeah the lobby isn't perfect but it's a HUGE step forward from the past garbage we had, excluding FC2. At least we can play an infinite rotation of maps in the same lobby instead of having to restart every time, Ubi did us right this time IMO and it's given me some faith that Ubi can continue to make these player friendly changes.

The new system also allows you to have your map be chosen by a lobby of totally random players, rather than some dictatorial lobby that only showcases certain maps/players. MAKE YOUR SCREENSHOTS GOOD KIDS!

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 11:37 PM
I will literally never play private lobbies. I just want to be able too host my own damned maps and have ramdoms join but nope! But anyways it looks like the editor will yet again be good enough to save a bad system so that's what I'm going to focus on now.

DrShakez
03-07-2018, 03:39 AM
I will literally never play private lobbies. I just want to be able too host my own damned maps and have ramdoms join but nope! But anyways it looks like the editor will yet again be good enough to save a bad system so that's what I'm going to focus on now.

Well if you end up on PC, let me know. I'll have at the very least a moderate sized group for showing off maps and playing custom games.

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 03:49 AM
Was going to pre-order the game + season pass just now buuuuuut my power company triple charged me for this months bill. Bad day all around.