PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 5: Map Editor Introduction

UbiDomZ
03-06-2018, 07:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WIVg5wY.jpg

Hello Map Editors!

A couple of months ago, we invited a small group of dedicated map creators to take part in a closed technical test of Far Cry 5’s Map Editor. This group comprised veterans of the scene who have been entertaining thousands of players with their amazing maps since the Far Cry 2 map editor.

These creators are very enthusiastic about the Far Cry 5 Map Creator, and we are all tremendously excited for the rest of the community to explore the new features!

We asked our participants to name their favorite new additions to the Map Editor. We would like to share their answers with you:

So. Many. Assets.

- More than 9,000 assets to pick from, available day one. For the first time, this will include assets from Far Cry 5, but also many from other Ubisoft games: Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Unity, and Watch Dogs!

- These assets from other games include objects, structures, but also vegetation types, rocks, caves, decals etc.

- And from Far Cry 5, the full roster of weapons, vehicles, animals and enemies!

- Many assets from the upcoming Far Cry 5 DLCs will be added to the Arcade Editor: the fun will keep on coming!

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/news/far-cry/far-cry-5/article_01_319955.jpg

Multiplayer!

- Create maps for our Multiplayer game modes: Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch!

- Place weapon pickups and vehicles strategically, to create the best experience for the 12 players who’ll fight in your map!

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/news/far-cry/far-cry-5/article_02_319956.jpg

Loadouts For Your Players

- Personalize loadouts for players in your map: pick their weapons, attachments, ammo types, gear, and throwables.

- You can even create asymmetrical loadouts for each team in Team Deathmatch!

New Types Of Assets

- Place omnilights and spotlights in your map, and control multiple parameters: color, intensity, flickering frequency, and more!

- Use electrical sparks, fires, smokes, and many more visual effects to add more details to your map.

- Place water volumes, resize them to your liking, and change their appearance!

- Add ‘Generic shapes’ to your map, apply over 100 different textures on them, and use geometry to give free rein to your imagination!

Environment Parameters

- Control the Day / Night cycle: change the time of day, sun and moon position, global map luminosity, etc. You can even resize the moon!

- Play with the new weather presets: change the sky color, type of clouds, wind force, etc.

- Use fog in your map: change its height, opacity, color, etc.

- Place a 3D backdrop in your map to create realistic surroundings.

- Apply a post-FX color filter to your map: Black and white, Hallucination, Jungle, and many more.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/news/far-cry/far-cry-5/article_04_319957.jpg

AI

- Use various AI appearances to give a different flavor to your map.

- Place ‘Control zones’ to force an AI (NPC or animal) to stick to that specific area.

- Pick among the diverse FC5 bestiary to place wildlife in your map, and create chaos by adding a Yeti!

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/news/far-cry/far-cry-5/article_05_319958.jpg

Game Modes

- Create maps in 4 different Solo & Co-op game modes: Assault, Outpost, Journey, and our new game mode Bounty Hunt: track and kill the target(s) before reaching an extraction zone.

Audio

- Add an ambient sound to your map: from a creepy forest to a quiet jungle, or the depths of a dungeon, and many more!

- Add music to your map, with themes from the Far Cry franchise, but also from Assassin’s Creed Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed Unity!

Modifiers

- Use a variety of modifiers to give a different feel to your map: no fall damage, low gravity, friendly fire, add a timer, etc.

Overall Upgrades

- Terrain textures tiling is improved: cliffs have never been easier to create!

- Ziplines entry and exit points can now be placed freely in your map.

- Select the appearance of the ocean, and the strength of its waves.

- Add a respawn timer to weapon and ammo pickups placed in your map.

- Use climbable, destructible and explosive objects to your advantage when creating a map.

Your Map In The Arcade

- When players acquire weapon skins or clothes in the shop, those will be carried over when playing in the Arcade maps. Equip a great outfit to make a big impression on your opponents, or impress your co-op partner!

- There are 2 types of lobbies allowing you to play multiplayer maps:

Public: After each round, 3 players are randomly selected to pick a map. All players in the lobby then vote among those 3 maps (there’s also a pick from the Arcade, and the replay option). When it's your turn to pick, you can choose a featured map, a map you’ve favorited, or one you’ve published to showcase your talent!

Private: The same process as for a public lobby is followed, but only people who know the password will be able to join this lobby. Those can be used in conjunction with parties to easily create multiplayer matches between friends and play only the map you want!

When you publish a map multiple times, it’ll automatically replace the previous version. You can see which version a map is at by checking its details in the Arcade. And as a source of inspiration, you can check out all the official Ubisoft maps we’ll be releasing with the game!

Discover more features of the Far Cry 5 Map Editor on March 27th. We can’t wait to see your creations and play your maps on Arcade!

LaMOi
03-06-2018, 08:46 PM
I'd pay £50 for the map editor alone...

I created some amazing maps on FC4.

So excited for this.

I want to create a horror map, flickering lights smoke the lot -- hopefully you will be able to. Use the Zombies on the ME.

Would like to make a WWII map as well.
Be good if they could bring out some WWII assets....

So much potential! THANK YOU UBISOFT...

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Well there you go guys, what you've been waiting for! Now... no b!tching please.... :)

DrShakez
03-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Some really great info here. I'm really excited to get my hands on this.

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 09:19 PM
All this is wasted effort. They blew the pvp lobby system yet again

Manlius10A
03-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Thanks for all the information and transparency this time around Ubisoft!! It is much appreciated!:D

The Lobby system isn't ideal, but it isn't all bad. They probably choose it to ensure that rooms remain full and that every-player has a chance to promote their maps within the system. The weekly developer held events are most likely offered to give mappers that spend 50+ hours on a map a chance to promote and play their maps.

I am sure the developers evaluated the pros and cons of this lobby system (and FC2's system), and determined that this is the best solution to keep everyone happy. For people like you or me that really put time and care into our maps there is the weekly events. My FC4 maps were deeply flawed, but Ubisoft still took time to promote them through lets plays and on these forums.

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Thanks for all the information and transparency this time around Ubisoft!! It is much appreciated!:D

The Lobby system isn't ideal, but it isn't all bad. They probably choose it to ensure that rooms remain full and that every-player has a chance to promote their maps within the system. The weekly developer held events are most likely offered to give mappers that spend 50+ hours on a map a chance to promote and play their maps.

I am sure the developers evaluated the pros and cons of this lobby system (and FC2's system), and determined that this is the best solution to keep everyone happy. For people like you or me that really put time and care into our maps there is the weekly events. My FC4 maps were deeply flawed, but Ubisoft still took time to promote them through lets plays and on these forums.

You hit the nail on the head Manlius ;)

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-06-2018, 09:50 PM
Plenty of great options. im looking forward to 27th :)

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-06-2018, 10:05 PM
My xbox club members are smiling with all this news, and that puts a smile on my face :)

CAFFEIN8TED
03-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Lots of great info finally dropping concerning the editor and personally it’s looking really good to me. Looks like Ubisoft are really getting behind the Editor this go around. Looks like we’re in for a treat.

BattlePHILd
03-07-2018, 12:01 AM
This is seriously a TON of great news! I no longer have any concerns about the editor. I'll have to try out this lobby system before judging it, but I can stay optimistic. Still one question though, can we jump into public matches with friends? It says we can start private matches with friends, but what about taking a party into public lobbies?

Negrumir
03-07-2018, 12:36 AM
So I grabbed some screens from the video linked in this post.

Hey guys came across a tidbit of info on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VAHWHatlak
https://imgur.com/a/IXJee

https://i.imgur.com/5NPXkAI.jpg
Judging by the hud, this is obviously PVP.
But is that ATV driveable?

legacyzero
03-07-2018, 12:40 AM
WOW!! Yíall really outdid yourselves here! LOVE the feature set! Iím a bit concerned with the lobbies and exposure of maps but it sounds light years better than what FC3 had. Instantly better. Great work Ubi! Love what Iím seeing here!

legacyzero
03-07-2018, 12:47 AM
All this is wasted effort. They blew the pvp lobby system yet again
Honestly, this seems like the best of both worlds. Iím not going to judge it just yet. Think about it for a moment- have you ever been in a FC2/3 lobby and wished that you could just inject your own map into the playlist right then and there? This lets you do that. So I want to see what this looks like in action.

Furthermore- if it doesnít work out, they should work to implement something better, ala Siege. Siege now is WAY different (and better) than what it was a launch. Almost a different game

GuyWhoDoesJob
03-07-2018, 01:39 AM
WoW! This is great. Ty ubi that was all i needed!

GuyWhoDoesJob
03-07-2018, 01:53 AM
https://imgur.com/a/5W6Rp hmm :nonchalance: :p

Uncle-Biff
03-07-2018, 02:05 AM
So many games charge ridiculous sums of money for DLC maps and Far Cry has always had my respect for continuing to have a map editor. I have been worried before that Ubisoft would one day stop putting it in the games as it always seemed to be an afterthought, but after watching the Far Cry arcade trailer today I couldn't be happier. Everything I have wanted has been confirmed and I will gladly continue to support the franchise. I can't wait to get my hands on this new map editor. I have even booked time off work so that I can spend hours upon hours playing with it's new tools.

Seriously though, Yetis, Zombies and Aliens in an Assassins Creed meets Watch Dogs first person shooter.. I'm completely sold. :)

S0GGY.
03-07-2018, 02:37 AM
Jesus rollerblading christ it's all I ever dreamed of.

Suikodudeman
03-07-2018, 03:09 AM
I am usually not one for the map editor, but all these features sound awesome enough to make me wanna try my hand at it. Way to go, guys and gals at Ubi!

Manlius10A
03-07-2018, 03:25 AM
I have even booked time off work so that I can spend hours upon hours playing with it's new tools.

Seriously though, Yetis, Zombies and Aliens in an Assassins Creed meets Watch Dogs first person shooter.. I'm completely sold. :)

I am taking a day off work as well. It won't be nearly long enough, but better than nothing.

TheCrazyCougar
03-07-2018, 03:40 AM
So happy that my spring break form school starts the 26th.

usmovers_02
03-07-2018, 03:44 AM
Honestly, this seems like the best of both worlds. Iím not going to judge it just yet. Think about it for a moment- have you ever been in a FC2/3 lobby and wished that you could just inject your own map into the playlist right then and there? This lets you do that. So I want to see what this looks like in action.

Furthermore- if it doesnít work out, they should work to implement something better, ala Siege. Siege now is WAY different (and better) than what it was a launch. Almost a different game

No I haven't. In FC2 I hosted dedicated servers and when I was playing my own playlist I made sure to join other peoples playlists to keep things fair. I'm really not looking forward to finishing a map I spent 65 hours on and HOPING I get to play it one or two times that day.

truesurv1val
03-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Did a little dance and couldnt stop smiling when i saw the trailer and this editor news. Like sab said thanks for listening to the community.

ooRAZOR2018oo
03-07-2018, 10:18 AM
@ubi It does look really promising, much appreciated.

Can't wait to see what people will come up with. Good to see so many amazing mappers back on here allready. Just like the good old days. Now lets make it last.

JakeyChappers
03-07-2018, 12:30 PM
I'm always hyped for Far Cry games but all these Map Editor reveals have skyrocketed my excitement. I've never been one for creating maps but no I really want to, I equally love just trying out other people's creations and seeing what they come up with.

Doing the D-day landings on Far Cry 3 or a Mad Max Fury Road run on FC4. Cant wait!

legacyzero
03-07-2018, 02:40 PM
No I haven't. In FC2 I hosted dedicated servers and when I was playing my own playlist I made sure to join other peoples playlists to keep things fair. I'm really not looking forward to finishing a map I spent 65 hours on and HOPING I get to play it one or two times that day.

I mean, we all did. But I guess youíre just not going to have a fun time

ImGonaG3tUsucka
03-07-2018, 07:06 PM
I think all this info is a breath of fresh air. Its nice to see so much info about the editor being released. I see so many positives. I do have concerns with the lobby system, but if we can play the maps we want to play with a list of maps or even capable of playing most or our maps then in a private lobby system with our friends Im all in.Season pass and ALL with those assets If Lobby system does NOT work right or editors are having problems playing their maps. I serious hope Ubisoft with patch a better lobby system.

Also I am hoping they patch in more game modes for PVP.. Im down with PUBG style. Also Steal the sample.. Its like capture the diamond/flag but you can throw the flag or object to your team mates. It really fun.. Nail biting fun.

Jaavaa
03-07-2018, 07:36 PM
I'm happy with the huge improvement of the editor. Everything is improvable, but it seems a great leap in many of the sections. Desiring to reach the 27th to enjoy my edition Gold

ooRAZOR2018oo
03-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Season pass and ALL with those assets If Lobby system does NOT work right or editors are having problems playing their maps. I serious hope Ubisoft with patch a better lobby system.

You are very right about that one. Someone else mentioned it as well, when you spend a lot of time creating a map you do want to be able to get a group in there for proper testing or playing.

Sknipester
03-07-2018, 11:57 PM
This info sounds exciting. Though I have some concerns.

Will we be able to put an infinite timer limit on maps for "escape" type maps? It almost sounds like the game types they are talking about will require a timer... Also because of the map voting and all. When I make maps I exclusively like making and playing these escape type maps. Almost all aren't intended to be finished in 15 mins or let alone even an hour or two.

And I wonder if there is a game type for this. Could that "kill the target" game type, or even journey be used? I'm just confused if fc5 settings are going to allow this and I hope they will.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy some deathmatch once and a while but I love playing/making escape maps.

ooRAZOR2018oo
03-08-2018, 08:24 AM
Will we be able to put an infinite timer limit on maps for "escape" type maps? It almost sounds like the game types they are talking about will require a timer... Also because of the map voting and all. When I make maps I exclusively like making and playing these escape type maps. Almost all aren't intended to be finished in 15 mins or let alone even an hour or two.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy some deathmatch once and a while but I love playing/making escape maps.

2 player co-op will most likely allow the story driven modes to have unlimited time (same as FC4), hopefully it's possible on regular DM or TDM since these maps are a lot more fun having a group in there working together.

ChrisUK2016
03-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Will Ubisoft be doing a stream showing a demo of the map editor?

Sknipester
03-08-2018, 08:21 PM
2 player co-op will most likely allow the story driven modes to have unlimited time (same as FC4), hopefully it's possible on regular DM or TDM since these maps are a lot more fun having a group in there working together.

12 people would be much much better. I honestly would not make an escape map for 2 people.

LGz JETHRO66
03-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Everything sounds great but 6vs6??? What a bummer??

BULLMESS79
03-08-2018, 11:43 PM
I'm grateful for everything they have added. Honestly if they just came out with a far cry map editor game only I would buy without hesitation. My only question is. Can I create a PvP map, play it offline with bots that respawn? Not just enemy waves but actual enemies and AI team members. Much like gears, and COD have done.(MAPS BY BULLMESS, FC2 FC3 FC4 XBOX PLATFORM) I can't wait for the 27th to get here. Great Job ubi soft.

Laidbackcat_
03-09-2018, 06:07 PM
This all sounds great and I'll be definitely putting time into this editor. Seems like everything people were crying out for in FC3 and more.
What would really raise the bar (and Uni obviously want to update, evolve and give longevity to the arcade aspect) would be some basic logic Lbp style... movers, rotators, basic circuits such as timers, gates,destroyers, emmiters and trigger areas ect. Maybe even cameras and spline tools for people to make cut scenes. I'm envisioning levels with destructible dams flooding lower parts triggered mid match. Rock falls, eathquakes and alien vs predator style temples with changing geometry, moving/spinning platforms.
I'm sure they have all the tools already in the engine and already make some available such as Ai trigger zones, just need to add a simple player ui and people will end up making the most amazing stuff with it, which they will anyway, but adding this will rival Media molecules upcoming Dreams.

Steve64b
03-09-2018, 08:20 PM
(...)Hear, hear! That would be awesome, actually able to create an elevator with movers! And the rest too of course! :)

Ix Johnnien xI
03-09-2018, 10:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5depZzRAj8

xxFratosxx
03-10-2018, 07:02 PM
You must be kidding. RB6 5v5 and GRW 4v4. 6v6 is good and lucky to have

AceOfHaze
03-17-2018, 11:20 PM
6 on 6 on custom maps is still dope.

usmovers_02
03-18-2018, 12:49 AM
6 on 6 on custom maps is still dope.

As much as I wish it was 16 players 12 is good enough for me. When I played halo 3 it was all either ranked 5v5 or SWAT 4v4 and that was loads of fun.

AlexoEx0
03-18-2018, 06:26 AM
I would also much rather 8v8 over 6v6, it is much more likely we will get the addition of game modes than changes to player count, the former can reasonably happen as long as our want for it is consistently shown.

legacyzero
03-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Yeah I'm a bit disappointed by 6v6 as well. But it's certainly not BAD. I just have to reign in the size of my maps. I love to create large maps, and sometimes it hurts my ratings. I created all of Shadow Moses Island from MGS4 in Far Cry 2, and while it was an awesome looking map, players hated it because it was too large, even for 8v8 lol.

But it could be worse. 5v5 would have been so bad. I'm hoping for an 8v8, or even better with future modes. Would LOVE to map Battle Royale maps, with like 24 or 32 players. But Im sure it's a technical and network issue at that point.

BadboyStudioInc
03-18-2018, 04:09 PM
How big can we make our single player maps? And, can we have multiple objectives in one map(two or more targets I;bounty hunter)?

Jaxru
03-20-2018, 05:54 AM
How big can we make our single player maps? And, can we have multiple objectives in one map(two or more targets I;bounty hunter)?

There's a mode where your objective is to take out all the enemies on the map. It's up to the creator how many ai enemies he places. Pathing can also be edited

zeeEVIL1
03-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Sitting here, reading all of the complaints about multiplayer player count, proves to me one thing.
y'all have your priorities mixed up. So, let me fix it for you.

1. You can now build MP maps again and play them online with others.
2. Though limited currently, the MP modes are actually normal.
3. Did I mention that you can build MP maps again? Or that you can put in vehicles and weapons and wildlife?

Seriously guys. Stop looking at the glass as half full and instead say thanks and see if they stick to their guns to continue support and upgrades. They still have a glass to fill.

Also, as someone who hosted a weekly match for a few years, I can say with absolute certainty, that it is easier to get 12 players in a room and keep that many there, than it is to get and keep 16.
I am sure ubisoft saw that and decided that was the best number to work with.

Personally, I am happy that we are getting literally 99% of what we have always asked for, and then some.

AceOfHaze
03-20-2018, 07:56 PM
More people in PVP is always fun and challenging but the map editor and having your homies or randoms on there with you changes the dynamic completely. So much fun, overly excited.

greentimallen50
03-21-2018, 11:21 AM
What interests me as an "editor junkie", who tries and realizes a lot of the "realism and credibility" of the created maps.

Are we finally getting more textures, vegetation, roads, roads to choose from than just the 4/8 than in FC4?

Will you be able to change the water level not only in height but also in size?

Will you be able to attach ladders below the map as well, without the Nav grid letting go immediately and preventing publication?

And please, let the budget grid finally be completely switched off, so that it does not start each time when pulling / adding objects, even if the max. Number already exceeded. It just annoying.

Also a better fine adjustment of objects would be desirable.

Sorry for my bad english.

killipso1966
03-23-2018, 01:39 PM
If your going to create a map it is going to be CQB with 6 vs 6.

I played the stress test and the maps were tiny and people bunny hopping all over. Also spawn raping big time.

If you create a big map no one will play it as take forever to find each other.

So it is COD if you want it or not.

GuyWhoDoesJob
03-24-2018, 03:55 AM
The problem is that we dont have objectives based mods in MP. CTF or Domination would save big maps as it concetrate action in one place while giving you freedom of flanking.
I made map in FC 4 which is big jet open and transparent but when there is no objective in the map, players could go in some corners of the map far from action.

karr2966
03-24-2018, 05:06 AM
listen, full lobs, full loadout , fully custom sikk fuqqing maps yall ")

I expect sikkness

rioseven
03-24-2018, 12:53 PM
Not sure what you mean. TDM encompasses all strategies especially flanking. The mapper makes routes and weapons available for the purpose.

GuyWhoDoesJob
03-24-2018, 04:26 PM
We were talking about big maps. Only way to keep people interested in one point of the map ande make them come there is objective(flag or diamond or area) Ok you can make it interesting if you plant weapon there sniper for ex. but how will player know, in a big map where to find sniper. That could easely become battleroyal with people running to get a weapon and then running again to get close to action.
How would you organise map like this without objectives in multiplayer?
https://imgur.com/2uERWgY
https://imgur.com/zrAeiky
https://imgur.com/qt6nqtV
https://imgur.com/7dVSmkl
https://imgur.com/5CXs1r1

PYGatron
03-24-2018, 06:20 PM
Exactly , me and my friends spent about 90% of our time playing capture the flag when we used to play far cry . I just knew there was going to be something, they nearly got my money again.
Whats the point of even having vehicles in death match?
They could of done so much with this editor.
Last man standing,
Predator,
Races,
CAPTURE THE GOD DAMNED FLAG,
Zombie tag.....

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
03-24-2018, 06:42 PM
We need CTF and Domination/Conquest game modes. I can't understand how some of you are saying 'no we don't, all we need is death match.' Deathmatch is weak and gets super stale. Game modes are what adds variety and allows for truly unique experiences and tactical gameplay. Plus, MORE OPTIONS IS NEVER A BAD THING, EVEN IF YOU WON'T USE OTHER MODES, OTHER PEOPLE WILL

PYGatron
03-24-2018, 07:43 PM
There's only one reason I can think why some people say "eh nah I don't want options for potential fun"

hard2forget
03-24-2018, 08:40 PM
100 players parachute down to a wide open map and scramble to find gear and supplies then start fishing TO THE DEEEEAAAAAATH.. er till a timer runs out. Then theres a live Weigh-in and last place gets murdered by a Yeti. PUBF

DeeKayEm2
03-24-2018, 08:52 PM
This is like a dream come true for a mapper like me on PS4 Pro. Thank you.

Definitely a move in the right direction by making it easier to go and sample the content, but Ubisoft need to go one step further and make sure the quality stuff is shown up front if they want to make it a success. It's in Ubisoft's interest to showcase the best content, so simply pretending it's covered by a primitive democratic star voting system will not get the job done. It will fail and be fooling no-one but yourself.

Ubisoft need to start vetting mappers with a star rating, not just the actual maps. That would swing the bias towards displaying the good maps up front.

In order to vet mappers, Ubisoft need to have a system where mappers can submit a sample map for appraisal and be awarded a 5 star rating as a prestige mapper. Just one status (5 star trusted). Unsuccessful applicants must wait 2 months before re-applying with a different map to stop spamming.

When a 5 star mapper creates a new map, it's published as 5 star straight away, and can then be voted down if required. Everyone else publishes maps as 1 star and has to rely on voters to take it up. To stop abuse, changing a star status up or down must require 10 votes, so a lame mapper would require a lot of friends to fake a 5 star rating from a 1 star rating.

GuyWhoDoesJob
03-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Point is not in all maps being pro.
Point is that all players can make some tra la la maps and expirience felling of playing it online.
Ubi would easely trade 100 pro mapers with 6000 casual mapers. They have people who work there to build pro maps for the game. So its not about maps, it is about drawing as many players as possible to map editor.

Crack_Fist
03-25-2018, 10:42 AM
Will PC made maps be available on PS4?

o0 WILKY 0o
03-28-2018, 03:01 AM
cant wait to check out

PerfectDark1982
03-28-2018, 12:17 PM
I like the map editor. Much more possibilties to design your map than in Dooms SnapMap, but less logic-tools to create storylevels with triggers or something.
I want to remaster GoldenEye from N64, but I think, the save storage is to small. I just build the dam with lakes und four enemies and I'm 40%. Is there no way to expand it to make big levels with higher details?

The_Anemeros
03-28-2018, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone! Just dropping in to say hello. I'm really excited about the new editor... The amount of detail possible is overwhelming, but the rust is slowly falling off. Biggest issue I'm having is what kind of map to make first :/

deaden84
03-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Map editor is ok but multiplayer.. It's really disappointment for now. Lobby system must change! Also annoying arcade sounds too. You had better make it a serious multiplayer. I heard something from one of the forum post. Is it true?

Originally Posted by jb31129999 Go to original post
A member of Ubi on Reddit said that this will be fixed in a future update which is nice to hear. But they need to just have the Far Cry 2 system. Host a player match where people can browse and join the game. If you want to make it private, fill the private-slots up to max and have a minimum of two people needed to start

theneverdead4
03-29-2018, 12:02 AM
damn straight they screwed the pooch once again on the pvp lobbies.. I don't know what part of server list doesn't process in their minds or the reasons why we need it so that we aren't forced to play forest with 2 rocks on a flat terrain for 3 hours straight instead of letting us actually host out own public games and maps

DDfog22
03-29-2018, 05:25 PM
This looks amazing!

Gamemasta100
03-29-2018, 08:14 PM
Hi! I was wondering how I get an NPC to use a specific type of weapon in the Far Cry Map editor? As in I want to equip an enemy fighter with a rifle but how do I do it?

maverick2nv
04-03-2018, 07:11 AM
id love to let people play my maps. but i keep getting redhorn00008b or red something then the numbers. since launch. according to the editor in game i have all criteria met, so what gives. seriously. im on ps4. anyone having this issue. i can play these half assed maps of all kinds in arcade, take journey. get to the exit. every one i have played, has been a spawn in. take a few steps, mission complete. then eliminate the targets. lets just spawn 200+ enemies in a hole and give you infinite ammo rocket launchers or mg turrets. theres some decent pvp maps yes, but id love to see what the community makes of my pvpve map. its balanced, no team spawn is equipped better than the others, good weapons are hidden away. but im being prevented frm publishing because of an error i cant find a solution to, only others with the same problem. smmfh.

SolarMoth
04-03-2018, 08:03 PM
I really want to play maps with my buddies again, but the hosting features for Map Sharing are awful right now. Could this be something we will see updated soon?

The devs obviously care about their editor since they've kept it in the game this long.

Let them help the community that has been inspired by their game!!!

Negrumir
04-04-2018, 02:11 AM
Holding Back

Same boat here.

Is there a way to just have my phone go "ding ding, time to go buy FC5" on the off chance that the game gets patched into a playable state?
I'd like to know, but I'd rather not keep looking at the forums and seeing all these threads about how seemingly nothing works in the game.

And before anyone even thinks about saying "give it time," no. What, the development time wasn't enough? Then why is the game out?

Someone wake me up if they ever finish the game, I'm going to bed.

rioseven
04-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Unsure of the reasoning behind this matchmaking.

I'm just hoping Ubi will enter the conversation about it. It really needs discussing.

chaoticdragon71
04-04-2018, 02:37 PM
It would be awesome if you guys could add a way for us save player created assets to use in your own map building. Also a secondary awesome thing would be to create a way for us to share these assets for others to use also.

Example: https://s9.postimg.org/6ja6vr76n/Tank_asset.png

Asset from youtube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=TQUnwhaPxSk

darecless1
04-15-2018, 12:19 AM
First time coming across this thread and 2nd map I've created....I recreated my version of the DarkZone...published on ps4 under Thedevious1dz. Any feedback would be appreciated.

loganjharr
04-19-2018, 07:24 PM
Please add the weapons from the campaign mode into editor, right now, the editor has a really sorry amount of weapon selection available compared to the story mode of the game, also mabye make an option for the friendly AI to follow you? Thanks!

Machini5t
04-21-2018, 04:21 PM
While in the game, a player can see the streams, rivers and waterfalls follow the terrain slopes, flow over the rocks, and even show the foam that appears along the edges of land as the water flows.

In the Editor however, Rivers, Streams, and waterfalls do not follow the terrain, they do not bend from horizontal to any degree of vertical as in a slope or a waterfall.
Instead, the Lake object stays static in a horizontal position so that when making a sloping stream, multiple Lakes have to be added with obstructions at the Lake edges to hide the hard edge from visual sight. The same applies to a waterfall except with the added problem of vertical distance from top to bottom.
The Lake object will not flow as seen at a slow Dam, or in the game as it flows over rocks and follows the ground level sloping from the top of the waterfall to the bottom.

By comparison, the Torque Game Engine ( made by player community ) does have the ability to bend along the terrain and create believable waterfalls and streams.
It is applied the same way as the roads are applied in the Farcry 5 Arcade Editor. It is applied using points in both Vertical and Horizontal directions to give a realistic impression of actual roads and rivers. So, with that said, I would expect that the professionals that created the game engine for Farcry, would at least be able to do what the same thing as the un-professional community can do in another game engine.

It seems obvious to me that it can be done with the farcry 5 engine since the developers have done the effects for the gamers to enjoy, but why is it not allowed for the Arcade Editor map making community?

HitmanR800
04-29-2018, 04:47 AM
how many maps can you favorite?

ubiGeorge905
05-30-2018, 12:14 AM
I wish you could show maps easier, Iíve been able to pick a map about 4 times since having FC5 but meh I love the editor, it is seriously underrated and disregarded.