PDA

View Full Version : A list of things officially confirmed for Arcade Mode

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Below is a list of things confirmed and not leaked or speculated on except where noted. Also I wont be adding obvious things like "contains buildings" ect. Please add anything I might have missed. I'll add it to this list.

MODES

*PvP, Co-op and SP for the map editor
*Bounty Hunt: Eliminate one specific target then reach extraction
*Journey: Make your way to the exit
*Arcade mode earns you cash and perk points which carry over to SP
*Can make loadouts for game modes
*At least 12 players confirmed for PvP
*Assault and Outpost also confirmed. Probably the same as 4

MAP EDITOR ASSETS

*Assets from FC4, Primal, Black Flag, Unity and Watch Dogs
*9000+ objects (conflicting reports. One Ubisoft video says 9K, one Ubi article says 7K)
*Breakable objects such as wood and fences
*Functioning Doors
*Effective lights capable of filling a room
*Working zip lines
*Functioning ladders with no button prompt
*Climbable objects without the need for ropes or planks ect
*Explosive objects
*There will be 6 content updates for the map editor which add new assets.
*The season pass DLC will add content to the editor
*Objects with physics confirmed.
*Generic, textureless shapes confirmed. No word if you can apply texture to them

ENEMIES AND ANIMALS

*Yeti
*Pigs with B-Day hats
*Goats
*The FC5 bad guys

MAP EDITOR TOOLS

*Gravity can be edited (EDIT: It appears to be per object, no word if it effects the player yet) (EDIT 2: Gravity editing may be speculation. The objects may simply be placed in the air. I can't quite tell if they're actually moving)
*Far more customization over sun and moon such as position, exposure, phase ect

DRIVEABLE VEHICLES

*Jet Ski
*ATV
*Pickup with mounted turret
*Helicopter
*Patrol Boat

MISC

*There will be friday events designed to encourage community engagement
*Game2Web platform (looks like a beefed up version of the previous "Far Cry 4 Community Maps" hub) allows us to discover and filter maps, follow other map makers and create a playlist for in the game. (Steve64b)
*Can preview maps on the internet, add them to a list, then they'll be available next time you launch the game.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Awesome :)

xbox club FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB dream it build it play it.

BattlePHILd
03-06-2018, 05:13 PM
You can see at the :38 mark of this play through, when the player walks into some of the floating clocks, they fall to the ground. So it seems we must have some control over gravity, at least for some objects.

https://youtu.be/MS1lCGSSMYg?t=34s

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Awesome! Thanks for that. That might just be delayed physics properties until the player interacts with it though. Still a nice feature. Gonna keep looking for evidence of stuff just floating around a room.

Steve64b
03-06-2018, 05:18 PM
- Playing Arcade gains you Game Money and Perk Points, that you can bring over to the campaign.
- There will be 6 content updates for the Editor. 3 of which bring DLC assets into the editor. From the announcement, I'm assuming those asset packs will be for everyone, even the standard edition?
- Friday night events to encourage community engagement.
- Map Jams will return
- 12 player (6v6) PVP with loadouts
- Game2Web platform (looks like a beefed up version of the previous "Far Cry 4 Community Maps" hub) allows us to discover and filter maps, follow other map makers and create a playlist for in the game.

- From Ubi's post here (https://news.ubisoft.com/article/far-cry-arcade-dramatically-expands-far-cry-5s-map-editor): FC4 Yeti's are in the editor, plus throwing knives, multiple loadouts, and Arcade indeed integrates with in-world arcade-cabinets.
- Game Modes: Bounty Hunt (assassinate specific target(s)), Journey (Far Cry 4's extraction?),

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the help guys! This list is growing fast.

The texture limit is disappointing. Hopefully we're misinterpreting that.

VnR-Popey
03-06-2018, 05:56 PM
0:35 = Basic form ?

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 06:01 PM
I am guessing some AMA's will be coming soon from certain people...

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 06:08 PM
0:35 = Basic form ?

That's neat!! Been begging for something like this for a while. Hopefully we can texture them.

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Im sure more info will come soon :)

BattlePHILd
03-06-2018, 06:25 PM
This is so freaking awesome!!! I remember how infuriating it was when they wouldn't let us have vehicles in the FC3 multiplayer maps, and no multiplayer maps at all in FC4! These forums were on fire with rage. So far, everything presented has been great news! I'm sure we'll discover some stuff in the coming weeks that will piss some people off, but this is so much better than what we'd been given the last several iterations. I'm way more excited than I expected to be!

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-06-2018, 06:40 PM
And only 3 weeks to go to get our hands on it :) gonna be a great year.

Viragoxv535
03-06-2018, 07:14 PM
Hour
Minutes
Latitude sun and moon
Sun angle
Sun exposure
Moon angle
Moon exposure
Moon phase
Moon size.

No clouds and rain huh?

Viragoxv535
03-06-2018, 07:36 PM
It says:

- Play with the new weather presets: change the sky color, type of clouds, wind force, etc.

No mention of rain unless it's part of the "etc."...

Steve64b
03-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Live events (https://youtu.be/5QwW0jisKug?t=90): goals to unlock exclusive outfits/vehicles/weapons (skins probably)

Steve64b
03-06-2018, 08:27 PM
The texture limit is disappointing. Hopefully we're misinterpreting that.
What's that? Texturable objects, or the number of terrain textures? I doubt the latter is more than 4 if you're referring to that?

Shame the DLC assets weren't already in the game. So not sure we can make jungle day 1 until NAM drops.You could try to make a jungle map if palm trees are already in the game from day 1. You may be in luck if they ported the Far Cry 3 trees over, otherwise you may indeed have to wait for the DLC update to arrive.

truesurv1val
03-06-2018, 08:45 PM
In editor mode, while playing with an asset, Press L2 to set pivot. Guess this can be very usefull.

Also saw a bald eagle flying in the video

Steve64b
03-06-2018, 08:46 PM
And the motherlode: Check out Highlighted "Fan Favorite" features of Far Cry 5 Map Editor (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1846850-Far-Cry-5-Map-Editor)! ;)

BattlePHILd
03-06-2018, 08:51 PM
*Bounty Hunt: Eliminate one specific target then reach extraction

If you look at the top left of screen during the Bounty Hunt play throughs, it says "TARGETS KILLED: 0/1". I think this is enough to confirm that you can make Bounty Hunt maps with more than one target.

Also,

*At least 12 players confirmed for PvP

The game description in the stop says Multiplayer 2-12. So I think it's confirmed that we won't be able to do more than 12.