PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a spartan warrior in the mix?

Dtheawesome9010
03-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Personally I want this

CandleInTheDark
03-06-2018, 05:15 PM
Not until we have had more traditional style knights. We have had two Roman themed additions, there is still a lot they can do with medieval themed or 'Arthurian' inspired knights.

DKDridin
03-06-2018, 05:37 PM
They have four so-called Arthurian knights. Bring on the Spartans heck yes.

CandleInTheDark
03-06-2018, 05:52 PM
They have four so-called Arthurian knights. Bring on the Spartans heck yes.

And our DLC so far has been Romans, so yeah a more traditional theme is needed before we bring in any other cultures There is still a lot that can be done before we go with any more ancient Italians, Greeks or anything else.

DKDridin
03-06-2018, 05:54 PM
And our DLC so far has been Romans, so yeah a more traditional theme is needed before we bring in any other cultures There is still a lot that can be done before we go with any more ancient Italians, Greeks or anything else.

Why would anybody want a DLC with just more of the same? I guarantee that they would like to see some diversity. Spartans Trojans whoever from that era would be really cool.

Okita_Soji..
03-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Why does this keep coming up? Is a new 300 movie in the works? He would look like a Cent and use a spear and shield like a male Valkyrie. The faction is knights not ancient Greeks. More versions of actual knights...there are plenty of weapons and armor types to still use. Same with Vikings and the Highlander not being a viking. Next we will have Chinese warriors for the Japanese samurai.

This is one of the problems with this game, it is straying too far away from what is advertised. A war between the 3 iconic factions. Quit with notion of turning this into a SF spinoff with whatever warrior class someone can think of from history. Yeah Aztec warriors would be cool with all the feathers and body paint but not in this game. A war game using distinct warriors from each faction pitted against one another in battle. Not a 1v1 3d fighting game.

I know its not based on realism but stop blending cultures. We all ready have too much. Aramusha's new execution using kung fu....he has 2 swords and that's what we get?

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-06-2018, 08:18 PM
We need more knights, not Romans. We have the 2 as is.

UbiJurassic
03-06-2018, 08:22 PM
A Spartan has definitely been a popular suggestions from members of the community. Personally, I've seen it be a regularly suggested class since before the game launched.

DKDridin
03-06-2018, 08:45 PM
We need more knights, not Romans. We have the 2 as is.

Spartans and Romans are different.

jordan-tanton
03-06-2018, 08:47 PM
A Spartan has definitely been a popular suggestions from members of the community. Personally, I've seen it be a regularly suggested class since before the game launched.

Just because its highly suggested class does not mean it necessarily belongs in the game though.

We got romans because they're mentioned in the story, the same sort of thing with the vikings as it mentions they're ancestors carved the statues etc and I believe something is mentioned about the samurai's ancestors.

I dont believe this game should stray to far from what it is tbh, knights, vikings and samurai should be the main bulk of characters as its about them.
The romans, celts and ninjas?(not sure on name tbh aha) should be the only ancestor cultures to be added IMO.

The first new characters after reworks I believe should be Knight, Viking and Samurai warriors before any new ones for the ancestor cultures mentioned above are added.

As someone else mentioned there are so many weapons etc in history that still havent been used, that new characters could for new Viking, Knight and Samurai warriors.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Spartans and Romans are different.

Spartans, Romans, different by how much, and please no history lesson. In terms of weapons, whats the difference? One or the other would want a javelin, a short sword, a xiphos, they arent much different in terms of what you could do with said game. My point is we need more knights, after all that is the name of the faction.

DKDridin
03-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Just because its highly suggested class does not mean it necessarily belongs in the game though.

We got romans because they're mentioned in the story, the same sort of thing with the vikings as it mentions they're ancestors carved the statues etc and I believe something is mentioned about the samurai's ancestors.

I dont believe this game should stray to far from what it is tbh, knights, vikings and samurai should be the main bulk of characters as its about them.
The romans, celts and ninjas?(not sure on name tbh aha) should be the only ancestor cultures to be added IMO.

The first new characters after reworks I believe should be Knight, Viking and Samurai warriors before any new ones for the ancestor cultures mentioned above are added.

As someone else mentioned there are so many weapons etc in history that still havent been used, that new characters could for new Viking, Knight and Samurai warriors.

Spartans are some of the greatest warriors that have ever existed. They definitely deserve to be in this game.

Devils-_-legacy
03-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Basically a cent with a spear I'd rather some more European knights before the6 verge off anymore both the dlcs seem inspired by more roman then actual knights

EvoX.
03-06-2018, 10:06 PM
I would say no, but seeing how I absolutely love Centurion and Gladiator - Romans, who I thought I wouldn't care for - then if done correctly they'd be a nice addition.

However, not before all OG characters are reworked/rebalanced, and some DLC ones as well. Last thing we need right now is new heroes.

pimmas01
03-06-2018, 10:59 PM
it would be too much of the same. we have gladiators with the 1handed spear + valk aswell as the cent who got their legendary spartan kick from 300^^
i'd rather see something more unique and/or actual knight/viking/samurai stuff

WarGods1
03-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Hell yeah I would love to have a spartan. My ancestors were known to be the greatest warriors in history. Their enemy's would tremble before them in fear. It was said that 1 spartan warrior could best 10 men. So If you guys do make a spartan warrior he better damn well be stronger then all the other heroes combined... lol jk jk.

Archo-Vax
03-06-2018, 11:44 PM
If said "Spartan" could be unique to For Honor in some way, and have some distinguishing features that don't just look generic, I could accept it. Though, he would have to have some innovative mechanics and play style. Perhaps, the ability to switch between using a Spear to a Xephos shortsword. Maybe he could have a consistent Guard that normally covers two Guard Positions at a time- only able to Guard left or right, but with the Top Guard constantly covered no matter what? And, perhaps, when he attacks, his attacks are somewhat slow, and only allow him to crush counter in one direction. Perhaps the first DLC Vanguard?

Archo-Vax
03-06-2018, 11:45 PM
Hell yeah I would love to have a spartan. My ancestors were known to be the greatest warriors in history. Their enemy's would tremble before them in fear. It was said that 1 spartan warrior could best 10 men. So If you guys do make a spartan warrior he better damn well be stronger then all the other heroes combined... lol jk jk.

Shame that your country is being given the shaft, in recent years.

RenegadeTX2000
03-06-2018, 11:55 PM
If a Spartan makes it into the game... He will be Auto S tier... He's a Spartan... He will be S tier. Hybrid with more melee centric mix ups that actually work compared to Centurion.

Spartan Vs Gladiator. Hype....

Illyrian_King
03-07-2018, 12:37 AM
Hey more foreign cultures!

I hate racism and people of all origins are of same value, but stop making this game into something it was never supposed to be!

Enough of romans, scotts, picts or whatever ... give us real kinghts/samurai/vikings!

Veerdin-Wraith
03-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Absolutely not.

We already have two Roman-themed characters on a team that is called KNIGHTS. We don't need more. Give us some actual knights, please.

Dtheawesome9010
03-07-2018, 02:15 PM
I can see where all of you guys are coming from I do agree we do need more actual knights first.But at some point I would like to see a spartan added I get it that this game was supposed to be about knights viking and samurai but there really isn't much knights prove me wrong I don't care how the only knights I know of are the average knights, wardens (were they even real?) and what else was there?

Veerdin-Wraith
03-07-2018, 05:50 PM
I can see where all of you guys are coming from I do agree we do need more actual knights first.But at some point I would like to see a spartan added I get it that this game was supposed to be about knights viking and samurai but there really isn't much knights prove me wrong I don't care how the only knights I know of are the average knights, wardens (were they even real?) and what else was there?

You're joking, right..? Here's some pictures of some "knight" style characters who wouldn't be out of place in For Honor:

https://puu.sh/zCAtg/38b2d2109e.png
https://puu.sh/zCAun/ed8e24fadd.png
https://puu.sh/zCAMv/3afcf3a997.png
https://puu.sh/zCAV0/06fa286091.png
https://puu.sh/zCB6h/d5b6d55ae7.png

You could build a separate character class on literally any one of those images.

Tirik22x
03-07-2018, 08:48 PM
I would love a spartan class! Be a mixture of centurion/Valkyrie/conquer. That would absolutely be my new main.

Spear & shield.

CandleInTheDark
03-08-2018, 08:59 AM
I would love a spartan class! Be a mixture of centurion/Valkyrie/conquer. That would absolutely be my new main.

Spear & shield.

There is already a spear and shield class.

Honestly I don't know what new a spartan would bring to the game, I saw a tv trailer for a spartan movie, the main character wore armour like the gladiator and did pretty much their front dodge attack, so if a spartan is a mix of gladiator and valkyrie or a mix of any existing character it's a waste of a character.

And again as someone on the faction that will likely get lumbered with it, there is plenty of source material for knights, and hell even other romans, before we should add another ancient culture.

Dtheawesome9010
03-08-2018, 01:56 PM
You're joking, right..? Here's some pictures of some "knight" style characters who wouldn't be out of place in For Honor:

https://puu.sh/zCAtg/38b2d2109e.png
https://puu.sh/zCAun/ed8e24fadd.png
https://puu.sh/zCAMv/3afcf3a997.png
https://puu.sh/zCAV0/06fa286091.png
https://puu.sh/zCB6h/d5b6d55ae7.png

You could build a separate character class on literally any one of those images.

Like i said I didn't know very much knightly figures I haven't read up on them now don't get me wrong i knew of others but not at the damn moment

Aidames
03-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Veerdin: The problem with most of the images you posted is this:

1st guy - Warden with narrower sword
2nd guy - Conqueror with war hammer
3rd guy - That's actually cool, but not a Knight. Plus it looks like something from the renaissance era.
4th guy - Lightly armored Lawbringer with spear
5th guy - Peacekeeper with two swords

The problem is that 4/5 pictures just look like alternate skins for existing Heroes. Which I don't think would be a bad idea however. Keep the existing Heroes and movesets, and add new 'skins' to them.

EDIT: I don't mean to be mean, this is just the first thing that came to my mind as I was looking at the pictures.

goatwack
03-08-2018, 10:58 PM
We've strayed away from the original hero subset already, namely the moment Romans and Highlanders joined the fray, so what harm would a Spartan do at this late stage? If done well enough, and not ridiculously overpowered for the original characters, then why not.

The way the game's heading though, don't be surprised to see John Rambo and Ed-209 for seasons 8 & 9 :nonchalance:

Dtheawesome9010
03-09-2018, 02:12 PM
We've strayed away from the original hero subset already, namely the moment Romans and Highlanders joined the fray, so what harm would a Spartan do at this late stage? If done well enough, and not ridiculously overpowered for the original characters, then why not.

The way the game's heading though, don't be surprised to see John Rambo and Ed-209 for seasons 8 & 9 :nonchalance:

hahaha

Veerdin-Wraith
03-09-2018, 02:54 PM
1st guy - Warden with narrower sword
Warden has a mix of chainmail and plate armour, wears either a bascinet or a great helm, and uses a longsword. The image I posted wears full plate armour, a closed helmet or armet, and uses a greatsword. The difference is about 200-300 years. A person in a mix of plate and mail moves differently to somebody in full plate armour, and a greatsword is actually used more like a polearm than a sword. A fully-armoured, greatsword wielding class would play very differently to the Warden. In fact, if anything, it'd probably be a Heavy class, as opposed to a Vanguard.

2nd guy - Conqueror with war hammer
Conqueror wears a chainmail hauberk and pauldrons with a kettle helm or a nasal helm. The character I posted is wearing brigandine, or a coat-of-plates and wearing a klappvisor helmet. You might as well say that the Orochi and Kensei wear the exact same armour. In any case, that class would probably be more like a Vanguard than a Heavy. Similar? Sure. But if Vikings can have both Shaman and Berserker, I don't see why this design would be a problem.

3rd guy - That's actually cool, but not a Knight. Plus it looks like something from the renaissance era.
"Not a knight"? Alright, if we're getting pedantic, then technically the only "knight" classes are Warden and Lawbringer. Conqueror is more like an infantryman and Peacekeeper is more like a scout. Secondly, a duellist class is a lot more of a "knight" than the Centurion or Gladiator. A Knight in the mid or late 16th century (which is the same era the Lawbringer's tournament armour and poleaxe are from) would most likely look like that image.

4th guy - Lightly armored Lawbringer with spear
Right, just like how the Lawbringer is just a heavily armoured Warden with a poleaxe... Right? It's a different armour set and a different weapon to any existing class. That's literally the definition of how you design a new class.

5th guy - Peacekeeper with two swords
A peacekeeper in full armour? Yeah, not likely. Unless you like the idea of a Lawbringer jumping around at the same speed as a PK. A class with this design would probably be a Hybrid of Vanguard with an equal split of defense and offense, but low mobility.

Dtheawesome9010
03-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Warden has a mix of chainmail and plate armour, wears either a bascinet or a great helm, and uses a longsword. The image I posted wears full plate armour, a closed helmet or armet, and uses a greatsword. The difference is about 200-300 years. A person in a mix of plate and mail moves differently to somebody in full plate armour, and a greatsword is actually used more like a polearm than a sword. A fully-armoured, greatsword wielding class would play very differently to the Warden. In fact, if anything, it'd probably be a Heavy class, as opposed to a Vanguard.

Conqueror wears a chainmail hauberk and pauldrons with a kettle helm or a nasal helm. The character I posted is wearing brigandine, or a coat-of-plates and wearing a klappvisor helmet. You might as well say that the Orochi and Kensei wear the exact same armour. In any case, that class would probably be more like a Vanguard than a Heavy. Similar? Sure. But if Vikings can have both Shaman and Berserker, I don't see why this design would be a problem.

"Not a knight"? Alright, if we're getting pedantic, then technically the only "knight" classes are Warden and Lawbringer. Conqueror is more like an infantryman and Peacekeeper is more like a scout. Secondly, a duellist class is a lot more of a "knight" than the Centurion or Gladiator. A Knight in the mid or late 16th century (which is the same era the Lawbringer's tournament armour and poleaxe are from) would most likely look like that image.

Right, just like how the Lawbringer is just a heavily armoured Warden with a poleaxe... Right? It's a different armour set and a different weapon to any existing class. That's literally the definition of how you design a new class.

A peacekeeper in full armour? Yeah, not likely. Unless you like the idea of a Lawbringer jumping around at the same speed as a PK. A class with this design would probably be a Hybrid of Vanguard with an equal split of defense and offense, but low mobility.

Thanks for the history lesson seriously.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Definitely not...no more ancient warriors.
It's getting beyond a joke already.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Exclusive sneak peek at the next Knight hero!
https://puu.sh/zDYdV/2ffaf6f474.pngg

xAnaToMx
03-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Well, Knights need a true dual wielding hero, pC does not count.

How about this?

https://prnt.sc/ip0y4e

Aidames
03-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Veerdin: As I said I meant no offense, it was just my first train of thought after looking at the pictures.

You are of course right in that these characters are all different from the current ones, I was just implying that some of them might not be different enough. But you know what, I can see how they could make even that hammer swinging, shield wielding guy much different than a Conq or Warlord. And I would definitely try out a hero with two swords,

So here's to you! :beer:

Archo-Vax
03-10-2018, 01:10 AM

That's the entire point of the bloody game, you self-righteous prig.

Tirik22x
03-10-2018, 02:32 AM
There is already a spear and shield class.

Honestly I don't know what new a spartan would bring to the game, I saw a tv trailer for a spartan movie, the main character wore armour like the gladiator and did pretty much their front dodge attack, so if a spartan is a mix of gladiator and valkyrie or a mix of any existing character it's a waste of a character.

And again as someone on the faction that will likely get lumbered with it, there is plenty of source material for knights, and hell even other romans, before we should add another ancient culture.

Thereís a spear and shield, women only class... so no. And gladiator uses a damn buckler (terrible) and a trident... That is lame as hell. Iíll pass.

How is that relevant anyway? Are there more than one sword class? Yeaaaa... guess you didnít think about that, huh?

Also, spear and shield is one of the most widely used weapon set in all of history.

Tirik22x
03-10-2018, 02:33 AM
Iíd love a spartan class. But, even more so I would love a myrmadin class.

Aidames
03-10-2018, 05:26 AM
Archo-Vax: While I generally agree with your posts, this one is an exception.

What I think the developers should do / should have done, is to create a completely new, 4th Faction called... I don't know... Imperials or whatever, and put Gladiator and Centurion in it, then create a Spartan, a Hoplite, a Psiloi and a Praetorian to get a full roster of Heroes, then work on releasing new classes for all the factions in upcoming DLCs.

But that's just my .02 .

BLOOD-E-BARON
03-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Yep fourth faction 'Ancients' mix of Greek, Egyptian and whatever else

Aidames
03-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Blood: Yeah, 'Ancients' could work too, I forgot about the Egyptians.