PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for New Neutral Parties

Fuzzician
03-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Anno 1800 has the opportunity to bring some real life the series, and for this, i have a few ideas.

Here are some suggestions for interesting Neutral Parties that could spice up the game:

East India Trading Company - These guys are all about trade. You can buy and sell anything to them, and they have their own military. They go around the map, trading with anyone willing. You can do quests for them, and eventually invest into them, to improve their inventory and even gain a share of their profits, if you have enough influence.

Pirate Clans - Rather than just a single guy, there could be multiple bases that spawn ships. An alliance with them could allow you, for example, to get access to ships that can attack enemies without declaring war, useful for plundering trade routes or robbing the East India Trading Company without incurring their wrath.

Royal Armada - Similar to Keto from 2070, these guys come into the sector to exert influence on everyone. They may demand quests from you, and will penalize if you disobey. Eventually, they may declare war and you will be in for the fight of your life. Maybe you could convince the Pirates to help you with that. Basically, the Royal Armada are a parasite that will constantly annoy you and you will either fight them, or tolerate them until you can fight them.

Thoughts?

Myct_Ectar
03-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a great idea! Maybe more then just the English company though(if it’s English). Like the VOC, (United East-Indian Company), and maybe a Spanish one, so there are different ones.

AgmasGold
03-06-2018, 10:49 AM
I love the Royal Armada and pirate ideas. Pirates have been confirmed (see this thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1833935-Confirmed-Features-and-Already-Answered-Questions-For-Anno-1800) for details of confirmed features), so having some different kinds of pirates could be pretty interesting.

Velerios1
03-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Indeed, Royal Armada sounds like a fascinating idea- a bit similar to the Queen in Anno 1701, but its functioning could be vastly different from the typical "tribute demand". It even opens up more possibilities such as scenarios in which the Armada is an unstoppable force, and can be defeated in the 'very' late game etc.

Myct_Ectar
03-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Hmm yeah. I don’t think they should always be there either, as they are basically the official navy of the King/Gouverment above you, and I’m not sure if the story is like in Anno 1404; you are there in name of your King(in this case gouverment) and need to establish a city. So a bit like what happened with the new world, you’re a bit of a governor. So the Armand’s should pop up now and than, but not often. As their main goal would probably be hunting pirates. Maybe they could come and attack you if you have too many debts? Like, maybe -100.000 credits or so? They would first come with “You need to pay”, maybe like 30-10%? I am quite curious about how the islands are going to turn out in combination with sectors. Mainly because I need big islands for big stuff, I liked the island sizes of Anno 2205 :p.