PDA

View Full Version : Guard break problems

Cliff_001
03-06-2018, 12:53 AM
Is anyone else having problems with it? It seems like sometimes it comes out instantly and I have no time to counter it, or other times I get gb'd and I press the counter button right when the red shield pops up but it doesn't counter. Did they secretly change the timing of it or is it lag? Its happening more and more often recently and I'm kind of getting anoyed.

SEISMIS21
03-06-2018, 01:53 AM
Is anyone else having problems with it? It seems like sometimes it comes out instantly and I have no time to counter it, or other times I get gb'd and I press the counter button right when the red shield pops up but it doesn't counter. Did they secretly change the timing of it or is it lag? Its happening more and more often recently and I'm kind of getting anoyed.

Well without seeing actual footage of the various timings from what I assume are the same opponents playing the same character, it is hard to say for sure what the cause is. I am sure you know some characters can soft feint certain attacks into a guard break, some characters can dodge forward into a guard break, all characters have different dynamics around their dodges (speed, distance covered, recovery time after dodge is completed) which could all five the impression of varied GB triggering. Assuming you know all that and the varied timing is coming from the same opponents using the same heroes and triggering the guard break in the same way, then yes, that seems like a lag issue to me.

Do you have any footage you can share? I know when I first began I despised guard breaks because it seemed like such a cheap way to get guaranteed damage. After learning how to properly counter guard break, I can say I do honestly use this feature more myself, and don't tend to have a big problem with opponents using it either. Also, you are not using a hero that upon a blocked dodge attack the opponent gets a guaranteed guard break right? Both kensei and Valk used to give the free guard break on a blocked dodge attack, but now the only hero I know for sure that still has this is gladiator.

brashtralas
03-06-2018, 02:12 AM

Itís lag. Iíve had this problem for several months now. The gb symbol appears, but itís already too late to press it. Then later on it functions as it should.

Itís very annoying, as gb guarantees the most damage, and the cgb is actually faster than it was at release.

Timesnap.

SEISMIS21
03-06-2018, 02:24 AM
Itís lag. Iíve had this problem for several months now. The gb symbol appears, but itís already too late to press it. Then later on it functions as it should.

Itís very annoying, as gb guarantees the most damage, and the cgb is actually faster than it was at release.

Timesnap.

So this very well could be true, and if it is a real lag issue then unless you predict the opponent will use GB then you really can't counter it. As a side note, I am not sure if most people guard break interrupt based on that sound effect or on that little red symbol. I would strongly recommend not doing it either way. After you play for a little bit you will be able to pretty easily identify the things that make it clear someone is about to guard break. Lots of heroes guard break most commonly after a certain series of moves. More importsntly, every hero has a certain animation they go through when they are going to guard break. In my experience, this was the only reliable way to consistently guard break interrupt.

This tactic I mention does become a little annoying when different Internet speeds of various opponents sometimes varies the CGB timing, as the animations aren't perfectly indicative of when the GB is triggered. I still find this to be the most repeatable and successful means by which to counter guard break.

Cliff_001
03-06-2018, 03:46 AM
So this very well could be true, and if it is a real lag issue then unless you predict the opponent will use GB then you really can't counter it. As a side note, I am not sure if most people guard break interrupt based on that sound effect or on that little red symbol. I would strongly recommend not doing it either way. After you play for a little bit you will be able to pretty easily identify the things that make it clear someone is about to guard break. Lots of heroes guard break most commonly after a certain series of moves. More importsntly, every hero has a certain animation they go through when they are going to guard break. In my experience, this was the only reliable way to consistently guard break interrupt.

This tactic I mention does become a little annoying when different Internet speeds of various opponents sometimes varies the CGB timing, as the animations aren't perfectly indicative of when the GB is triggered. I still find this to be the most repeatable and successful means by which to counter guard break.
I know you are trying to be helpful and I thank you for that, I'm serously not trying to be rude but I know the ins and outs of the game and I've never had this problem before it started happening about a week or two ago maybe around season 5 launch and mostly in 4v4 game modes.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-06-2018, 08:14 AM
I've had a bit of an issue with it the last several days. I thought it was just me, and maybe it is, but it hasn't felt as responsive as it normally is. I gb by sight, not by sight of the symbols but by animation like the other person suggested. Again, it's probably me but I was thinking about it and here I find this tread