PDA

View Full Version : No balance changes?

Specialkha
03-05-2018, 08:16 PM
The last patch has been out for what, 2 weeks, now? And still no balance change on the reworks and such? For you, everything is ok? Ah yes, I remember, at start, we had to wait 2 MONTHS to get a single balance patch (that buffed the PK ironically).

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-05-2018, 08:48 PM
What do you feel needs to be balanced?

Baggin_
03-05-2018, 09:27 PM
What do you feel needs to be balanced?

For me either highlanders cabertoss tracking needs reduced a bit or the guaranteed unblockable heavy he gets from it needs the damage reduced.

Specialkha
03-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Basically, Kensei needs to be tone down, or everyone else need to be upgrade to be on par. I know that every OG hero will get a rework, but how long do we have to wait for that? Took them 1 year to nerf parry I dare to remind you.

Shaman/Glad/PK need a nerf as well.

Damage feats should be removed/reworked/toned down in 4v4.

On a side note, they really need to improve stability because there is a lot of connection issues, especially when you are in a party.

Tecknoterrorist
03-05-2018, 09:54 PM
i think ubisoft need to CANCEL tracking skills, this is completly nosense. if i dodge you i dodge, stop! this make more balance the game

Specialkha
03-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Well, you are wrong. Because hero with dodge attack would be unstoppable.

And Ubisoft should also work on the leaking memory issue and the .exe not stopping when you leave the game.

Tecknoterrorist
03-05-2018, 10:13 PM
unblockable hands, unblockable kicks and tracking skills must be delete from the game. have totally nosense. Find another way

Specialkha
03-05-2018, 10:16 PM
They needed one year to nerf parry, how long do you think they will take to find a way to deal with dodge attack or dodge itself if you remove tracking for skills?

Tecknoterrorist
03-05-2018, 10:29 PM
They needed one year to nerf parry, how long do you think they will take to find a way to deal with dodge attack or dodge itself if you remove tracking for skills?

you right, we talk about ubisoft....

in a game where EVERYTHINGS can be spammed (even emotes) without proper stamina drain, is near impossible to balance.. if ubisoft keep this mechanic, the game will become unmanageable very soon. Even now is a bit unmanageable for many things

Sauronbaine
03-05-2018, 10:33 PM
Lol nerf kensei? What.... xD

Tecknoterrorist
03-05-2018, 10:34 PM
Lol nerf kensei? What.... xD

Kensei need a rework not a nerf, is an assassin with heavy passive skills and heavy weight long weapon.
Kensei now is more fast than aramusha light and gladiator light, this have a huge nosense.

And all the assassins need nerf

Sauronbaine
03-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Kensei need a rework not a nerf, is an assassin with heavy passive skills and heavy weight long weapon.
Kensei now is more fast than aramusha light and gladiator light, this have a huge nosense.

And all the assassins need nerf

Uh hes fine. His only light that is faster than Amarusha is the top light... other then that, he is slower by quite a bit.

Tecknoterrorist
03-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Uh hes fine. His only light that is faster than Amarusha is the top light... other then that, he is slower by quite a bit.

for me kensei is totaly wrong as a class.. he have assassin skill, speed and damage with long heavy sword and hyper armor wearing wood.. after a dodgeattack he have a free light. kensei for me is a nosense class, like hyper armor on berserker...
Assassin have to be vulnerable more than other classes because they can land a heavy damage. an example of balance, if you can kill with 2 moves, you have to be killed with 2 moves.

The_B0G_
03-06-2018, 01:43 AM
For me either highlanders cabertoss tracking needs reduced a bit or the guaranteed unblockable heavy he gets from it needs the damage reduced.

Lol so you basically want him as he was before his buff, which was the weakest hero in the game..

Vakris_One
03-06-2018, 02:26 AM
Gotta say those are some ridiculous sentiments. Some of you basically want Highlander and Kensei the way they were before Season 5. Ridiculous.

for me kensei is totaly wrong as a class.. he have assassin skill, speed and damage with long heavy sword and hyper armor wearing wood.. after a dodgeattack he have a free light. kensei for me is a nosense class, like hyper armor on berserker...
Assassin have to be vulnerable more than other classes because they can land a heavy damage. an example of balance, if you can kill with 2 moves, you have to be killed with 2 moves.
What game have you been playing? Kensei has always had a dodge strike, hyper armour and a 400ms top light. Funy how now he's suddenly a problem because he actually presents a credible threat.

And just lol at Kensei's lights being faster than Aramusha and a light being guarranteed from swift strike. You can block any light he throws after swift strike. Try playing and learning the character before commenting on him please.

Okita_Soji..
03-06-2018, 02:49 AM
Technically I don't see a difference in any of the classes. They are all blurred. Balance doesn't mean make everything the same. Hyper armor, dodge attacks, unblockables who gets what? What defines each class? Hybrids I get could have traits of both the classes but what traits are special to each class? Assassins get reflex guard and deflect but Aramusha gets neither. HP isn't defining as they are all over the place. Raider same HP as Conq and Warlord so that means nothing. What makes a vanguard or heavy?

Charmzzz
03-06-2018, 08:41 AM
OP you seriously want PK to get ANOTHER nerf? What should they nerf after everything on her already received one?

- dodge attack damage reduced
- light - light combo recovery increased
- block and confirmed hit on zone recovery increased
- all gb soft-feints and light cancels in combos gone since removal of timesnap

Now go ahead, what do you want to nerf on her? She has no unblockable, no cut-scene and the worst deflect.

Armosias
03-06-2018, 08:59 AM
OP you seriously want PK to get ANOTHER nerf? What should they nerf after everything on her already received one?

- dodge attack damage reduced
- light - light combo recovery increased
- block and confirmed hit on zone recovery increased
- all gb soft-feints and light cancels in combos gone since removal of timesnap

Now go ahead, what do you want to nerf on her? She has no unblockable, no cut-scene and the worst deflect.
And access to her punishes since the parry changes

Specialkha
03-06-2018, 10:05 AM
And yet Pk is still considered as a S tier hero, go figured. As are Shaman and Glad, they also need to be toned down. Kensei is maybe not S Tier but he is a solid A tier hero. But dodge attack are now too strong. Before, ppl would just parry everything and did not use those, but now that reward from parry have been lowered, you see dodge attack everywhere, and some hero (HL to name it but some others do as well) have great difficulty to fight that kind of tactics.

Charmzzz
03-06-2018, 10:41 AM
And yet Pk is still considered as a S tier hero, go figured. As are Shaman and Glad, they also need to be toned down. Kensei is maybe not S Tier but he is a solid A tier hero. But dodge attack are now too strong. Before, ppl would just parry everything and did not use those, but now that reward from parry have been lowered, you see dodge attack everywhere, and some hero (HL to name it but some others do as well) have great difficulty to fight that kind of tactics.

I really have no idea in which MMR you are playing, but using too many dodge-attacks is deadly for the one using them in my MMR. Hell, I use dodge-attacks only if the opponent throws out an unfeintable unblockable melee, everything else could be a feinted heavy for an easy parry or GB. That's how I deal with dodge-attack-spammers as well.

You still did not tell us your ideas about how those characters should get nerfed. Just calling for a nerf-bat because you cannot deal with them is, well, ignorant at least. I eat PK's and Glad's on Warden. And Warden is C-, maybe B-Tier... Shaman is a different thing, I need something faster than Warden to put pressure on her. But that is my fault, not the "OPness" of Shaman.

I am a PK Main since beginning, and almost everything on PK got nerfed. Still people complain about her and want to nerf her into F-Tier. What they do not realize: this game is more about reactions and timing than about OP characters. I got my *** handed to me on a plate by some progamers using Valk, pre-buff Kensei and Zerker...

Specialkha
03-06-2018, 11:10 AM
If this game was only about reaction and timing, there would be no tier list, yet there is, go figured. Some hero are stronger/easier than others, and Pk is one of them, deal with it.

And honestly, after a full year in S Tier, it would not be bad for her and her "player main" to be in trash tier, even just for a few months, just so they feel what it is.

Knight_Raime
03-06-2018, 11:18 AM

If HL is just raw throwing a caber toss it's still easy as fudge to side dodge. and if he's kick canceling into it you can either space the kick out or stuff it with a fast attack.
HL needs every scrap of damage he's gotten. Maybe if he got a better heavy parry punish I could see a slight tone down. maybe.

Basically, Kensei needs to be tone down, or everyone else need to be upgrade to be on par. I know that every OG hero will get a rework, but how long do we have to wait for that? Took them 1 year to nerf parry I dare to remind you.

Shaman/Glad/PK need a nerf as well.

Damage feats should be removed/reworked/toned down in 4v4.

On a side note, they really need to improve stability because there is a lot of connection issues, especially when you are in a party.

I don't see why kensei needs messing with at all. you can literally stonewall and block anything he soft feints from his neutral top heavy. and if you know he's going to pommel because you've consistently blocked everything else he's canceled you can stuff it with a fast attack. Or literally back dash since it has no forward lunge range. OR any dodge bash/attack beat it since it has no side tracking. His side dodge attacks are super unsafe for him because they're super long and easily baited. And due to his 700ms dodge recovery even if you don't parry you can just dodge and GB him for free.

i think ubisoft need to CANCEL tracking skills, this is completly nosense. if i dodge you i dodge, stop! this make more balance the game

Every single move in the game has some tracking to it. Literally. Asking them to remove it when attacks that should land whiff rather often is just stupid. Maybe you should learn to dodge properly instead of asking the devs to had the game to you.

Knight_Raime
03-06-2018, 11:20 AM

If we're talking duels shaman isn't S tier. she's A tier now. zerk has nearly replaced pk as the best hero in the game.
She's a good safe hero. that's about it. Oh and her option select. Zerk does everything else that she does but far better.

Knight_Raime
03-06-2018, 11:22 AM
If this game was only about reaction and timing, there would be no tier list, yet there is, go figured. Some hero are stronger/easier than others, and Pk is one of them, deal with it.

And honestly, after a full year in S Tier, it would not be bad for her and her "player main" to be in trash tier, even just for a few months, just so they feel what it is.

pk isn't good because of a good kit. she's good because she's a safe kit.
Pre parry changes this wouldn't be the case. But now it and her option select are all she's got.
and sorry but there is never a good reason to make anything trash.

Specialkha
03-06-2018, 11:23 AM
First I am talking mostly about 4v4, but sometimes you can get a 1v1 on these modes, but that is quite rare but still.
Second, her pounce while you re bleeding is quite difficult to dodge with hero that have a short dodge range (Mainly Hl, but I am quite sure some others do as well).

Knight_Raime
03-06-2018, 11:32 AM
First I am talking mostly about 4v4, but sometimes you can get a 1v1 on these modes, but that is quite rare but still.
Second, her pounce while you re bleeding is quite difficult to dodge with hero that have a short dodge range (Mainly Hl, but I am quite sure some others do as well).

Was dodging it on HL consistently 2 days ago.

ChampionRuby50g
03-06-2018, 11:40 AM
If we're talking duels shaman isn't S tier. she's A tier now. zerk has nearly replaced pk as the best hero in the game.
She's a good safe hero. that's about it. Oh and her option select. Zerk does everything else that she does but far better.

I know you play duels almost exclusively, so when you say zerk replaced PK as the best hero in the game you mean in Duels, or in this instance are you speaking in just general terms across all game modes? Even so, I wouldn't call Zerk the best hero in the game now. I think that title would fall to Gladiator, but that's just my opinion as a 4v4 player. I know its not the same due to gear score, but I'm a lot more worried when fighting a Glad in a 1v1 (in Dom) over fighting a Zerker.

Charmzzz
03-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Zerker is, by far, better than PK now. Hyperarmor in chains, 400ms second light or after a heavy feint, best deflect in the game, access to unblockables to force reactions. All of this is something he has in his favor. PK has a 400ms Zone, that is her only thing "better" than Zerker because his is 500ms. Go figure...

Knight_Raime
03-06-2018, 11:48 AM
I know you play duels almost exclusively, so when you say zerk replaced PK as the best hero in the game you mean in Duels, or in this instance are you speaking in just general terms across all game modes? Even so, I wouldn't call Zerk the best hero in the game now. I think that title would fall to Gladiator, but that's just my opinion as a 4v4 player. I know its not the same due to gear score, but I'm a lot more worried when fighting a Glad in a 1v1 (in Dom) over fighting a Zerker.

Duels. I'm not sure how the roster sits with 4v4.

Glad literally can't do anything to a good zerker.

Baggin_
03-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Lol so you basically want him as he was before his buff, which was the weakest hero in the game..

Well no, but unless you're an assassin or kensei and he does his kick into caber toss it's near impossible to dodge. If they reduce the damage from the guaranteed heavy it won't kill you in 3 to 4 easy hits. But reduce the damage of it ONLY after the caber toss, it should do the damage it does now if he hits you normally or hits you with his kick.

Vakris_One
03-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Dodge attacks are now too stronk because you can only... ONLY get a heavy from parrying them or in the Kensei's case a light. Seriously? Highlander's kicks and grabs and slow af lights have always been easily punishable with dodge attacks.

Dodge attacks are easily baitable if your opponent relies on them too much. Are you saying you want a free GB for parrying a dodge attack?

Baggin_
03-06-2018, 03:31 PM
If you or someone could post a video of you dodging Highlander kick into cabertoss without using a dodge attack I'd love to see the timing of it. I've had trouble with this since they've updated it because it seems like HL will do a 180 and throw you down. If it's really that easy to dodge without being an assassin or kensei then I'll have no problem catching on.

The_B0G_
03-06-2018, 03:41 PM
If you or someone could post a video of you dodging Highlander kick into cabertoss without using a dodge attack I'd love to see the timing of it. I've had trouble with this since they've updated it because it seems like HL will do a 180 and throw you down. If it's really that easy to dodge without being an assassin or kensei then I'll have no problem catching on.

Its not easy, and your dodge range doesn't really matter so much as when you dodge, you have to wait as long as possible on the kick before dodging, if you have a dodge attack it should be easy to count as you don't have to time it nearly as well.

Who are you usually using?

Vakris_One
03-06-2018, 06:12 PM
This video should be of help:

https://youtu.be/3jLf1uqTvl8

It's not the easiest thing in the world to dodge but once you know the timing it becomes simple to remember. The key is to dodge when you see the grab animation starting and not as soon as you see the kick. You can also light attack him out of it provided he wasn't just going to let the kick rip.

Protos_88
03-06-2018, 11:26 PM
yeah I wait for balance warden, waiting fir 4gb many faints and free gb like higlqnder have... and admor ofc

UbiJurassic
03-06-2018, 11:54 PM
The last patch has been out for what, 2 weeks, now? And still no balance change on the reworks and such? For you, everything is ok? Ah yes, I remember, at start, we had to wait 2 MONTHS to get a single balance patch (that buffed the PK ironically).

The main priority for the team, currently, has been ensuring a smooth release for dedicated servers and that the patches/live updates are focused on optimizing that experience. That said, we're definitely keeping an eye on the new reworks and how they are influencing the current state of the game. When balance changes are finalized, we'll be sure to get those notes up for players to read, as well as a release date.

This video should be of help:

https://youtu.be/3jLf1uqTvl8

It's not the easiest thing in the world to dodge but once you know the timing it becomes simple to remember. The key is to dodge when you see the grab animation starting and not as soon as you see the kick. You can also light attack him out of it provided he wasn't just going to let the kick rip.

That's actually an excellent video! I have some troubles from time to tie with Caber Toss since I play as a rather dodge-happy assassin. :p

RenegadeTX2000
03-07-2018, 12:33 AM
Duels. I'm not sure how the roster sits with 4v4.

Glad literally can't do anything to a good zerker.

Do you have a youtube acc? any videos you upload? would like to check out your gameplay. I've got some of my own if you are interested... Mainly with highlander in 1v1's.

Knight_Raime
03-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Do you have a youtube acc? any videos you upload? would like to check out your gameplay. I've got some of my own if you are interested... Mainly with highlander in 1v1's.

I tried having a YT channel years ago. but could never stick to it.
and my capture card was terrible. I don't even know where it is at this point tbh.