PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Team Colors must be better standardized

lazerg20555
03-05-2018, 06:25 PM
What that means is I've been playing for 200+ hours, and still, at times, I see a guy running around early on in the game, think he's an ally, and get surprised attacked by him.
That is why most games just use the color coding RED vs BLUE. That's basic ergonomic color coding.

Yes, burnt orange is a color that inspires aggression and tension, which would make sense IF we always saw the enemy team as ORANGE, u know, like how most games make it so that you always see the enemy as RED team.

Keep the burnt orange, just make it so that the ENEMY team is always such, no?
I know this is like Rainbow Six where Defenders are ORANGE and Attackers are BLUE or something like that, but in a game like this, there is no difference. I never know if I am attacking or defending because it doesn't matter in For Honor. So that may be something to consider.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-05-2018, 07:20 PM
After rereading his post Im actually lost.

Devils-_-legacy
03-05-2018, 07:27 PM
He's trying to say he can't tell the difference between attacking ( yellow orange red ) defenders (blue green purple) because in r6 it's swapped around I think

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-05-2018, 07:34 PM
I just thought the icons were good enough,if anything I always wanted the colors removed completely.

Devils-_-legacy
03-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Everyone would look the same?

swiss_soldier_1
03-05-2018, 07:45 PM
he's just saying that we should always see ourselves blue and always see the enemy team red, because sometimes he gets confused the next match when colors swap

but i disagree because i want to see my heroes in red too

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 08:02 PM
I wish they would remove team colors. Then make it so your team tags are always blue, and enemy tags are red (Or non-existent if using stealth)

Devils-_-legacy
03-05-2018, 08:05 PM
I'd be happy if they removed the restrictions or added more to attacking colours there's almost double for defending then attacking

Tyrjo
03-05-2018, 08:50 PM
I have been thinking that the color system is bad for a long while. It goes by attacker and defender color which actually serves no purpose of knowing at all.

Enemies should always be RED, friendly should always be BLUE.

Vakris_One
03-05-2018, 08:54 PM
I prefer it this way because I get to see my characters in 2 different colours. It adds a bit of variety whereas otherwise I would just get bored seeing the same colour scheme over and over and over again for hundreds of hours.

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 09:02 PM
I prefer it this way because I get to see my characters in 2 different colours. It adds a bit of variety whereas otherwise I would just get bored seeing the same colour scheme over and over and over again for hundreds of hours.

Wot about my option to remove restrictions and make it so your team tag is always blue and enemy tag is orange/red.... That way you get to use whatever colors you want and arent limited to only 2

Tyrjo
03-05-2018, 09:03 PM

I also think that outfit colors shouldn't be set to attacker or defender team, they should all be unified so you can pick whatever you like. That and enemies always have a red bar would be great.

Vakris_One
03-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Wot about my option to remove restrictions and make it so your team tag is always blue and enemy tag is orange/red.... That way you get to use whatever colors you want and arent limited to only 2
That could work too but I don't want to see any more screen clutter caused by huge glowing icons because we already have too much of that as it is. I've never really been too fussed about using neutral colours in the team modes. Part of the reason why I go and do Duels is to see the neutral colours every now and again - God knows it's not been for the "quality" of the fighting until the parry changes finally came in and reduced the rewards for passive turtling.

I'd totally be up for extending the team colours palette though into black and white colours so we can go for that classic chess figures look :)

Vakris_One
03-05-2018, 09:16 PM
I also think that outfit colors shouldn't be set to attacker or defender team, they should all be unified so you can pick whatever you like. That and enemies always have a red bar would be great.
As I said in my reply to BTTrinity, I wouldn't be fond of adding more screen clutter since we can already distinguish friend from foe via team colours without the need for adding more bars and icons. Extending the team colour palettes to black and white would be better in my opinion.

swiss_soldier_1
03-05-2018, 09:21 PM
yeah just make the defender blue/white and the attackers red/black. we'll have SO MANY options...

I really dont understand how the developers get lost in this simple and basic details sometimes....

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Other than Assassin, I donít see where the confusion comes from?

Iíve never once identified a player from their color... but rather the giant blue or orange emblem above their head. I canít see how that is confusing?

I think all uniform color restrictions should be lifted, so we can wear whatever we want in battle. The colored emblem above their head is plenty.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-05-2018, 09:34 PM

How many costumes for your main do you have? Like I know I have 3 diff outfits for my Conq and 2 for my Gladiator.

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 09:39 PM
That could work too but I don't want to see any more screen clutter caused by huge glowing icons because we already have too much of that as it is. I've never really been too fussed about using neutral colours in the team modes. Part of the reason why I go and do Duels is to see the neutral colours every now and again - God knows it's not been for the "quality" of the fighting until the parry changes finally came in and reduced the rewards for passive turtling.

I'd totally be up for extending the team colours palette though into black and white colours so we can go for that classic chess figures look :)

There wouldnt be any more clutter on screen than there is right now, basically all Im asking for is to remove color restrictions... Also to normalize the tags THAT ARE ALREADY ABOVE everyones head, so friendlys will ALWAYS have blue tags and enemy's will always have orange. (Or enemy's just wont show up at all when using stealth)

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Other than Assassin, I don’t see where the confusion comes from?

I’ve never once identified a player from their color... but rather the giant blue or orange emblem above their head. I can’t see how that is confusing?

I think all uniform color restrictions should be lifted, so we can wear whatever we want in battle. The colored emblem above their head is plenty.

There should be no confusion, even the assassins on your team using stealth will still have icons... If you dont see an icon, its an enemy.

UbiInsulin
03-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone for contributing to this discussion. There's been a few different suggestions that I'll try to highlight for the dev team, and I'll continue to keep up with this thread.

HazelrahFirefly
03-05-2018, 10:21 PM
I actually have an opposite suggestion. It should be harder to know who the enemy is.

No tags, no color markers, not until you actively try and target the person. Even then it should just be their name in black. If you can target them then they are the enemy.

Know your team, and keep an eye on the battlefield for enemies skulking about.

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 10:22 PM
There should be no confusion, even the assassins on your team using stealth will still have icons... If you dont see an icon, its an enemy.

True.

With that... yes, I would just greatly prefer being able to wear whatever color I wish, in any game mode.

Itís hard to become immersed in a character if I canít sport ďmy colorsĒ during battle.

Hormly
03-06-2018, 12:14 AM
Funny, ive always been of the opinion that neutral colors should be used exclusively, as i have never used then as a ways of identifying teammates.

Vakris_One
03-06-2018, 01:48 AM
How many costumes for your main do you have? Like I know I have 3 diff outfits for my Conq and 2 for my Gladiator.
I generally make 3 different outfits for the heroes that I use. 1 for the optimal gear stats and 2 purely for the look that I use in modes with gear stats turned off.

Redkey.
03-06-2018, 07:11 AM
Orange atac, blue protec, but most importantly you not corect :D

Tyrjo
03-06-2018, 05:24 PM
The UI should be clean and efficient. Switching colors back and forth depending who is the imaginary attacker/defender is just backwards and goes away from the industry standard.

AkenoKobayashi
03-06-2018, 10:51 PM
If you can't tell which team you are on, then that's you. There's a radar that has your team's dots on it at the very start that tells you which team you are on. Only time I was caught off guard on it this was when I went from playing with matchmaking on to matchmaking off and I was put on the Red team for once.

On top of that, your character's own colors should tell you which team you are on. I highly doubt there are any cool colors for the attacking side or hot colors for the defenders.

EvoX.
03-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Disagree. In fact, we need neutral colors to be usable in every mode, regardless of you being Attacker or Defender.

lazerg20555
03-07-2018, 04:19 PM
People can customize what they look like, but team color/icons and whatnot should be always BLUE (us) vs RED (them)

Vakris_One
03-07-2018, 05:37 PM
The UI should be clean and efficient. Switching colors back and forth depending who is the imaginary attacker/defender is just backwards and goes away from the industry standard.
Rocket League and some others do the same thing as For Honor so I wouldn't say it is going against the industry standard. It's just a difference in aesthetic choices of the individual game creators.

SwellChemosabe
03-07-2018, 06:01 PM
I mean, there's always the radar. if you're confused just take a quick peek at the radar and relate it to what you see around you. if there's a guy in front of you and he pops up orange on the radar then he's the enemy.

I say this because there have been times where i've been confused too, but when i use my radar it helps me make that quick differentiation and then i'm all good.

I also like the fact that i get to see my heroes in black and red or black and green, so i'm not really for changing it to "us Blue, them Red" every single match.

Arekonator
03-07-2018, 06:47 PM
I am all for having more options to color my characters to my liking.
That being said, there could be some option for players to override the colors and force standardized friend/foe color paletes if they so desire.