PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help: FPS question

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 04:02 PM
How can I tell if my TV (or anything) else is effecting my FPS? I have a 65Ē Vizio.

In practice I can seemingly block, dodge, and parry nearly everything, but when in multiplayer it doesnít seem to work NEARLY as fast. Things that I know would have been a block in practice, just arenít, all too often.

Alustar.
03-05-2018, 04:09 PM
That's likely not a symptom of your TV refresh speed being optimum, instead it sounds like an ISP problem.
For the TV, simply find the picture settings and flip it to "game mode" that should give you the refresh speed you need for gaming.
Outside of that, you need to check your internet connection. Either your personal set up is not optimized(run it through the hardline settings) or your ISP isn't routing your connection properly and needs to be reset from their end.

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 04:49 PM
That's likely not a symptom of your TV refresh speed being optimum, instead it sounds like an ISP problem.
For the TV, simply find the picture settings and flip it to "game mode" that should give you the refresh speed you need for gaming.
Outside of that, you need to check your internet connection. Either your personal set up is not optimized(run it through the hardline settings) or your ISP isn't routing your connection properly and needs to be reset from their end.

200mbps internet... I donít think thatís it. At least not on my end.

Alustar.
03-05-2018, 07:20 PM
What you pay for and what you recurve are two totally different things. Your mbps is gong to fluctuate, it's not going to be just a static 200. And unless you work at the facility where they manage their routing, you aren't going to know if the optimum configuring is being used.
ISPs have a habit of rerouting a network based off of traffic and networking conditions. The same network you go through today stand a good chance of being completely different than the one you use tomorrow.
Additionally you'd know if it was your TV settings not giving you the response because you would have had the same problem offline in bot matches, and you would see the screen "tear" as opposed to lag.