PDA

View Full Version : Why Downrank when my Enemie is an entire League above me?

Lektronize
03-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Okay, so im playing Kensei in Duel-Ranked atm, i was really really good with him in the first few months of release, like top 3% of players. I left then because the Game was unplayable because of the Server **** and others for me. Now i come back, and im trying to get used to the new Kensei. I dont really care about my rank, im just practising. But i find it strange, that I as a currently Silver 3, get ranked up with Gold 3 People. I lose most of the Time against them, but pretty much always its a close fight. Now i dont understand why my Rank is going down significantly when my Enemy is an entire League above me. Shouldnt the Tournament only consist of around League anyway?

Tyrjo
03-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Ranked modes have always had a very strange way of calculating your rank changes. It's one of the reason people don't play ranked, because it's frustrating as hell.

The_B0G_
03-05-2018, 02:11 PM
If you think duel ranking is messed up, go play 4v4 ranked, even if you win, sometimes your rank goes down.

Lektronize
03-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Great. I only came back because someone told me its better now, but other that we finally have Servers, the Ranked Mode i longed for at Release seems to be ****, with no Rewards at all other than laughable ~80 Steel and 2 Cosmetics, Community is still toxic as hell, and Kensei is worse than before for me. Everyone was saying how weak Kensei is, while i was doing Absolutely fine with him. I hear that he is now considered OP, which could be, but it annoys me that i have to relearn him, when i was doing really good before the apparently „much-needed“ Rework. Maybe i will wait another 2 Seasons, to see if they change anything with Kensei, so that i dont have to change my Playstyle again just when i learned it.

jordan-tanton
03-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Great. I only came back because someone told me its better now, but other that we finally have Servers, the Ranked Mode i longed for at Release seems to be ****, with no Rewards at all other than laughable ~80 Steel and 2 Cosmetics, Community is still toxic as hell, and Kensei is worse than before for me. Everyone was saying how weak Kensei is, while i was doing Absolutely fine with him. I hear that he is now considered OP, which could be, but it annoys me that i have to relearn him, when i was doing really good before the apparently „much-needed“ Rework. Maybe i will wait another 2 Seasons, to see if they change anything with Kensei, so that i dont have to change my Playstyle again just when i learned it.

He is practically the same character with added moves and soft feints? You hardly have to change your playstyle that much man. Doubt he will change much now anyway as he has more versatility.