PDA

View Full Version : What keeps you coming back?

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 12:18 PM
For me it's my personal goal that I started yesterday of getting every hero to at least rep 2. (those who I have already at 2 or higher i'll put an additional rep into after I get others up.) this is because I want to create one big thread of my suggested tweaks for the entire roster plus some universal changes to some mechanics. Though nothing is going to be as extensive as kensei's or conqs changes. Essentially no new mechanics/moves. Maybe new strings based on moves that already exist. The idea being these changes should be doable within season 5. maybe season 6. Of course I don't expect the suggestions to make it in. But I do want it to be a starting place for the devs. I'm in it for the long run regardless of what they do or don't do. Also to quick mention that because i'm doing this i'm not going to be making a hero guide like I was originally planning.

So anyway what keeps you coming back to For honor?

BarbeQMichael
03-05-2018, 12:22 PM
I like the game's universe, and more importantly this is game where it is easy to hop into a match, and the matches last like 10 minutes. They are perfect when I don't have time to play anything intensive, but want just quick relaxation. Now I am also waiting for the reworks, I really want to see how the OC heroes perform then and go swinging that dane axe around.

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 12:30 PM
I like the game's universe, and more importantly this is game where it is easy to hop into a match, and the matches last like 10 minutes. They are perfect when I don't have time to play anything intensive, but want just quick relaxation. Now I am also waiting for the reworks, I really want to see how the OC heroes perform then and go swinging that dane axe around.

I have been working on raider/kensei/warden the past 4/5 days for the most part. I'm really digging raider. and I actually can play kensei now.
warden still frustrates me though.

Kamen42
03-05-2018, 12:50 PM
To get my Berserker to Rep 20. I really want that Twin Howlers outfit :D Only 8 rep levels to go :D

And generally I just like the game. I always liked the medieval era fights. Close combat using your sword/axe/other. I never had time to do this in person, so this game gives me a little taste. Even if only in a virtual, a bit unrealistic way.

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 01:03 PM
To get my Berserker to Rep 20. I really want that Twin Howlers outfit :D Only 8 rep levels to go :D

And generally I just like the game. I always liked the medieval era fights. Close combat using your sword/axe/other. I never had time to do this in person, so this game gives me a little taste. Even if only in a virtual, a bit unrealistic way.

That's some dedication man. Just trying to imagine how long that would take me to do in duel only. -shudders-
It's already going to take me awhile to get the entire roster up to rep 2.

Yeah being as someone who's actually fenced and a person who is a big dark souls fan and a fan of those times (among other times like the roman times) for honor greatly appeals to me.

Armosias
03-05-2018, 01:33 PM
What makes me come back? God's will.
Memes aside I love the overall feeling of For Honor, gameplay wise it's easy To play hard to master, which is nice imo. On character design there is nothing to say, identities are easy to recognize, FW even with rigged jokes stays a fun minigame. The game makes me come back by itself.

BarbeQMichael
03-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I have been working on raider/kensei/warden the past 4/5 days for the most part. I'm really digging raider. and I actually can play kensei now.
warden still frustrates me though.

Raider is my all-time favourite too. Its just him and many other OC heroes are one trick ponies so they get somewhat boring. Especially now after parry changes raider lost the thing he revolved around: stamina management aka parrycarry. I would love to play as warden, he is fascinating, but he relies too much on the shoulderbash for my liking. Hopefully the reworks will make him playable for me.

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 01:54 PM
What makes me come back? God's will.
Memes aside I love the overall feeling of For Honor, gameplay wise it's easy To play hard to master, which is nice imo. On character design there is nothing to say, identities are easy to recognize, FW even with rigged jokes stays a fun minigame. The game makes me come back by itself.

Yeah I really like that it's kept me this long. usually after I take a break from a fighter I don't really come back. Or I struggle to come back and be alright.
FH manages to let me stay some what decent despite taking a break.

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Raider is my all-time favourite too. Its just him and many other OC heroes are one trick ponies so they get somewhat boring. Especially now after parry changes raider lost the thing he revolved around: stamina management aka parrycarry. I would love to play as warden, he is fascinating, but he relies too much on the shoulderbash for my liking. Hopefully the reworks will make him playable for me.

I dunno. I haven't been having issues getting a GB for a carry most of the time so far.
warden just feels a bit clunky to me.

The_B0G_
03-05-2018, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure what keeps me coming back, I'm not doing well at all since season 5 started, I've never been this frustrated with the game since it came out. Probably coming back for the medieval melee because I love the time period and the warfare, also the character customization, even when I don't do well I look damn good when I'm being executed.

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 02:56 PM
I kno what this game could be...

EvoX.
03-05-2018, 03:25 PM
1. Making Steel to pimp out my Gladiator, and after that my Valk. I'd need roughly 90,000, so... yeah
2. Combat is very fun (not above 1v2, though)
3. I'm not going absolutely anywhere until I see my boy Centurion resurrected from his ashes

If his rework/rebalance is bad, I'll probably leave. Until then, I got some Steel to make.

swiss_soldier_1
03-05-2018, 03:51 PM
I honestly still play for the graphics and executions... and to look at my awesome heroes.

Wouldn't it be for hero customization I'd be out since ever, which says a lot about the gameplay.

Alustar.
03-05-2018, 04:03 PM
I keep coming back for the PvP. Ever since my time in MMOs I've loved PvP. This game has some of the best fights I've had. Till a better cooperative fighter comes out I'll be here.

Arekonator
03-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Its adictive even when its incredibly frustrating at times.
Also, i play it to went my rage and frustration because i cant do that at work, which makes me incredibly toxic at times,

The_B0G_
03-05-2018, 04:18 PM
I keep coming back for the PvP. Ever since my time in MMOs I've loved PvP. This game has some of the best fights I've had. Till a better cooperative fighter comes out I'll be here.

I hear ya there, if they ever made a challenging and fun PvAI mode for this game I would be all over it.

Hormly
03-05-2018, 04:25 PM
The mead

DKDridin
03-05-2018, 04:26 PM
I come back every once in a while to see if the games issues have been fixed only to find new issues. Itís really frustrating.

CandleInTheDark
03-05-2018, 05:08 PM
When the game works,I find 4v4 fun, it is a unique game that I have honestly spent around 95% of my gaming time on last year even with all its issues and I am waiting for servers to see how that pans out.

I am waiting to be able to play ranked and see how I do with the characters I levelled to rep 7 in order to play semi seriously in 4v4 as a whole and I want to get more characters to 7 starting with the rest of the knights, the assassins I started, the kensei who I have one rep in and maybe the orochi and highlander, totting it up that is 32 rep levels with the characters I want to work up there, 46 with the maybes which is close to my current rep level now and if I work on the on orochi and highlander then that would only leave out of the current cast,four characters I haven't repped up so I might as well do those and any others that come in and get them all into legendary gear (can't be bothered with refined though maybe for my more regular 4v4 picks).

That is without taking a character to the rep cap which I am not sure whether or not I want to spend that much time on one character doing, I am not a main so much any more as a 4v4 player who likes options. Mind you a lot of this depends on servers dropping and being polished.

Also, i play it to went my rage and frustration because i cant do that at work, which makes me incredibly toxic at times,

Lol >.> if I want to get my brain working on something I pull out my 3ds, if I need to kill something it is xbox PVP >.>

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Its like Gears with swords.

Tyrfing_.
03-05-2018, 05:47 PM
- obviously medieval fighting.

- quick, fast paced games. Can just log-on for an hour fighting at night, and don't have to play for hours to reach an objective.

- excitement and frustration is closed by. As with any normal sports.

- coming from an mmo, I don't think the grind for steel is too bad/long. Can usually reach my objectives in reasonable time without real money spent.

- Actualy I like all characters. Just hate playing with and against anything that turtles. Even with the recent changes.

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Nobushi, she is bae.

On a serious note, its multiple factors for me, while balancing isnt the best and market is overpriced af.... What I DO love is Nobushi, the world design, character designs (for the most part) character customization(not stats REEEEEEEEEE) and the hope of this game making a full turnaround like R6S, and most importantly its VERY UNIQUE fighting concept.

HazelrahFirefly
03-05-2018, 06:11 PM
While I do know why I keep playing, I also question why I keep coming back. Every single night when I stop playing it is because of frustration. Last night I had a Glad toe stab me and a Kensei get a heavy when neither of them were within range. I just keep telling myself, as I quit for the night, that the servers will make the game feel better....

....a programming friend of mine says otherwise, but I try to not believe him...

I come back because of the team combat. Before FH we loved playing the Division because we could work together. FH has taken that spot and is a blast to play with my friends.

I also really, really love thr movement of some of the heroes. I've been a PK main since the beta (didnt actually play in S1 because of the mt nonsense) due to her movements. Its why I love the Shaman, Valkyrie, and Orochi too.

The customization is also great, with loot being like crack for me haha.

Netcode_err_404
03-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Memes

Okita_Soji..
03-05-2018, 06:55 PM
The real reason I keep playing is it because it's the only real game out there for a Samurai experience. I really wanted more of a war type game, like the trailers and even story mode but it is what it is. I really like the graphics and the fighting concept.

Once TYM is over not sure how consistently I'll be playing since I don't enjoy duels and dominion has gotten either dull PVAI or just frustrating PVP. Would really like new modes or games we have now improved. Arena mode sounds fun but when?

The 3 heroes I use are all above rep 9 so that's done. I only play orochi for deflects, they have gotten harder with everyone learning to feint and the UB's. My Kensei isn't the same and I don't really like his rework. He was by deadliest hero and got him to rep 16, but now not a fan. The Aramusha can snowball foes if caught right or just be totally shut down and do nothing. I can get some fast kills with his light heavy mix ups.

I did find in TYM Aramusha is a beast with the non stop attacks and the normal guard. So different from when I use Orochi as it takes so much longer to bait out attacks and counter but it feels more rewarding.

VeniVidiViciBra
03-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Its like Gears with swords.

This. Gears multiplayer was my fav back in the day, must be why I like this game

Devils-_-legacy
03-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Same as you raime I said I would get every hero to a certain point Iam working my way there slowly

RenegadeTX2000
03-05-2018, 07:48 PM
this is call of duty's opposite to me. but in a fighting version of it. just as fun and addicting.

CandleInTheDark
03-08-2018, 04:43 PM
That's some dedication man. Just trying to imagine how long that would take me to do in duel only. -shudders-
It's already going to take me awhile to get the entire roster up to rep 2.

Now servers are in and working well so far as my experience is concerned I have a short term, medium term and long term aim in mind.

All knights to 7 (15 rep points including the one I am half through)
All assassins to 7 (18 rep points)
The six outside those mentioned I haven't touched, kensei at rep 1 and anyone new, to 7 (currently 41 rep points)

That's currently a total of 73 rep left to get, I have 53 rep currently after a year of P2P servers

PDXGorechild
03-08-2018, 04:54 PM
The fact that there's nothing else like it.

EDG_Avocado
03-08-2018, 05:53 PM
the samurai faction ofc, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be here and also the daily orders that's it

I like playing nobushi, shugoki and shinobi kensei etc

Vakris_One
03-08-2018, 08:56 PM
I keep coming back because I like the gameplay, the setting and the character customisation. I honestly did not expect a PvP game to keep me coming back for so long but the constant updates to the game from the developers keep it from becoming too stale and the fighting system is simple enough to pick up again after a break without needing to relearn a lot of stuff.

Baturai
03-08-2018, 09:06 PM
I started playing this Game since the Beta release. I fell in love with Orochi at First Sight.
As a 33rep Orochi main, I could Witness all the ups and downs ( mainly downs)
currently it is a Trash hero , since Orochi's Moveset became straight forward, and very easy to punish, I started turtle more( with a ****ty Assassin Guard) mixing emotes and feints into Light and heavy attacks to confuse the enemy. ( if you dont have tools to Open, you have to create your own )
But its still not enough v.s Player at my Lvl.
I switched to Kensei now. I try to have fun.
Hope is Dope. I am still Waiting for a Decent Orochi Rework.

JadeBosson.
03-09-2018, 02:27 AM
I just enjoy the fun I have every time I play when I'm with friends or nah whether I win or loose