PDA

View Full Version : Map editor going mainstream

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 11:36 AM
If we get all these map editing features that's claimed in the reddit leak, i can see the map editor becoming very popular, even mainstream. will be nice to see the map editor get the attention it deserves, it's long over due. it's time a bright light was used to expose this communtity to the masses.

xbox club FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB

emrdesign
03-05-2018, 12:12 PM
I will wait for the official announcement from Ubisoft that we will probably get this week. Until then its all guess work.

ducain23
03-05-2018, 12:27 PM
I agree... if it has those features then this will skyrocket!!

I have friends that won't touch Far Cry at all... but when I told them that they may (if the leak is true) have models from Assassins Creed in the editor...they immediately were on board with getting the game and wanting to make something in the "Assassins Creed" style...haha

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Everyone in the gaming community will hear about the fc5 map editor, it's going to get much more coverage in the gaming media than past map editors, MUCH MORE :) youtubers will go crazy for it :) 2018 is the year of the far cry map builders.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Be nice if we could use some of the assets from ghost recon future soldier, i liked the look of that map in the forest. fingers crossed for those assets.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Future soldier? That game died like first week or so for multiplayer. That's when I gave up on the GRAW franchise. I knew damn well Wildlands be even worse yet.

Im only interested in the assets not the gamplay.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Why would GRAW have assets in FARCRY?

The leak claims fc5 map editor will have assets from the most popular ubi games, but far cry assests will be from fc3 up.

Steve64b
03-05-2018, 03:14 PM
I hope this time around, budget will have increased for consoles. Some mappers even transitioned from FC4 console to PC, to make use of the additional budget and finish the maps they made on console. :)

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 03:17 PM
I hope this time around, budget will have increased for consoles. Some mappers even transitioned from FC4 console to PC, to make use of the additional budget and finish the maps they made on console. :)

I think the budget will be much better than it was in fc4 on xb1 and ps4.

akilyoung
03-05-2018, 03:40 PM
What leak? Where?

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 03:47 PM
I know we wouldn't be getting ALL assets from all those games but can you imagine the file size that FC5 is going to be?

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Check my far cry 5 arcade post below.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Doesn't matter if the games were good or not. What matters is the massive asset pool.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Why don't you think they'll give us big stuff? We had MASSIVE stuff in FC2, 3, and 4. I'd be very surprised if we don't get some skyscrapers from Watch Dogs. That is assuming the leak is accurate.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 06:16 PM
The physical size of the object doesn't really impact the file size. It all comes down to unique textures and mesh complexity. A big building can be surprisingly simple. A small building can be surprisingly complex.

ducain23
03-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Well I checked twitter,reddit,youtube even searched with bing. Yet people have multiplayer in the text yet only shows co-op. Man some people. You had your hands on the game yet make the same boring co-op videos we seen months ago. Guess it doesn't matter. UBISOFT wont spill the beans for the lobby system or if its public or not. Guess my money will wait till the day of yet again. Sucks cause I have to wait for news before buying it. Then i'm sure the game file download be like 60GB. So take all day for downloading. I prefer to have it in-advance but UBISOFT is stubborn to release details what us mappers wanna hear. Its down right lame. Then they wonder why pre-order sales aren't flying through the roof.

You have said it multiple times and I'm just wondering what you mean about the "lobby system public or not"? Are you talking about if people can join your game (multiplayer) or something else?

Also no reason to be so negative before we have even heard news about it. I get that the editor has been downgraded on a lot of things over the years... but still. Life is always better when you stay positive even if things aren't going great :)

emrdesign
03-05-2018, 08:13 PM
I left a simple question for UBISOFT back when we first heard FARCRY5 was in the works. I asked if we can host a public lobby with a playlist of user created maps. No news yet. It could be private only lobby. Then i'm not buying. Pretty plain and simple. Yet UBISOFT likes to dilly dally along not telling us anything. They raked us over the coals plenty of times on previous botched games.

Being so negative all the time really does not help getting answers. It is getting really boring in fact. Even if it was (in your eyes) a simple question you have to wait and see. Maybe you should not buy the game (nobody would care) or maybe you should sell your PC or console and never play any video games anymore. It would save a lot of people including yourself (reading) a lot of frustration.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Has it occurred to you your previous post was extremely negative and contributes nothing to the discussion?

I've been on these forums since FC2. We weren't all so negative back then. Heck even for FC3 we were mostly optimistic. You can only get BS'd so many times before optimism goes away.

emrdesign
03-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Actually this whole generation of gaming on XBOX1/PS4 been lame. Most AAA games either broken or barely anything then season passes bumps it to like over $100 of junk. UBISOFT dropped the ball so much. Its been the same song and dance after FARCRY2. More UBISOFT goofs up the more I end up saving money. Pretty simple. UBISOFT had the guts to leak entire story mode/co-op besides a poster of season pass. Yet a simple question for the map making community has to wait right down to the last minute for if were gonna buy it or not. Heck it was funny UBISOFT had the announcement of the announcement of the news we been waiting for.

Yet they said early March. That could be any day. Also even then doubt they tell about the lobby system or playlists till someone else here buys it then tells the rest of us. I wasn't only map maker here laughing about the announcement either. Guess i'm just a realist. Rest here rather kiss up to UBISOFT and brown nose the whole ordeal. Personally if I was a game developer i'd wanna hear the haters honest opinions over kissassbrownnosers.

Like I said, go sell your computer or console and go do something else with your life that gives you a good feeling and less frustration. Its much better for your health too.

ducain23
03-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Actually this whole generation of gaming on XBOX1/PS4 been lame. Most AAA games either broken or barely anything then season passes bumps it to like over $100 of junk. UBISOFT dropped the ball so much. Its been the same song and dance after FARCRY2. More UBISOFT goofs up the more I end up saving money. Pretty simple. UBISOFT had the guts to leak entire story mode/co-op besides a poster of season pass. Yet a simple question for the map making community has to wait right down to the last minute for if were gonna buy it or not. Heck it was funny UBISOFT had the announcement of the announcement of the news we been waiting for.

Yet they said early March. That could be any day. Also even then doubt they tell about the lobby system or playlists till someone else here buys it then tells the rest of us. I wasn't only map maker here laughing about the announcement either. Guess i'm just a realist. Rest here rather kiss up to UBISOFT and brown nose the whole ordeal. Personally if I was a game developer i'd wanna hear the haters honest opinions over kissassbrownnosers.

No one is being a "Kissassbrownnoser"... and devs actually like hearing all opinions (including yours). I just find it crazy that if they don't include a public lobby with a playlist of user created maps you won't buy the game. I get that is your own opinion and you feel that way.... but personally and coming from halo where we don't have a "playlist" lobby option... it really isn't that big of a deal. I would LOVE to have that playlist lobby you are talking about, but if it isn't there... I'll still get the game from what the editor sounds like it will be (which sounds awesome).

To each his own though :)

Also there are reasons why devs don't announce things till they do. I'm sure they have a good reason for it. Yes it is frustrating for the consumer... but devs don't just go "lets make the consumer die because we don't give them information." The devs love us (we pay for their jobs... and there are always reasons why things take so long to announce.