PDA

View Full Version : I think the Valkyrie got broke

HazelrahFirefly
03-05-2018, 03:40 AM
Rep 13 Valk (as of tonight), and I played her for the first time since S5 launched (other than fooling around to get the event gear pieces).

I notices two things that have me very concerned:

1. The dodge light attack effectiveness seems to have been nerfed. I have vids of me seemingly whipping around opponents with the side dodge light attacks, avoiding their attack entirely while I score a hit; I would use it to dodge and stab like a PK or Glad. Now it barely seemes to move the Valk and dodged not even one attack I don't think.

2. Not sure I can explain this correctly but, it feels like the Valk is designed to lose out on equaling situations. Ex: Glad and I both do a jumping lunging light. I can see my spear in him but I get hit and he is unscathed. Now, I know this could just be lag, but its also just an example. It felt like this for the entire 1.5 hours I played.

Card1acArrest
03-05-2018, 07:02 AM
maybe you can try again tomorrow and see if same?.. if by some reason network or other issues caused this?..

rep 11 here and did not feel same issue.

also "rumor" that Dodge side hits no longer give gb when blocked. have not been able to test it. (dont play valk much now).

HazelrahFirefly
03-06-2018, 03:22 AM
Nope, she's definitely slower. Used to be able to dodge attack and hit the enemy with my light. She can no longer dodge, everything just tracks and hits her. Perhaps this is a matter of tracking being too strong for most heroes, but the Valk is 100% unworthy of being played right now.

Armegedon1208
03-06-2018, 05:51 AM
blocking her dodge still gives gb

Card1acArrest
03-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Great worry this then :(
I played her yesterday, did well, but my playstyle is not much around the dodgeattacks,(due to GB on block)

So maybe this is isolated to dodge attacks then? What do you think of her other play elements Armegedon1208?