PDA

View Full Version : line maps and capture point camping need to go

Armegedon1208
03-05-2018, 03:08 AM
Camping at a single objective should not reward players, why do you get points for going afk? contesting a zone sure get the points but just sitting on the objective with no one around. promotes turtle meta in the game itself not just the characters. This method of play also ruins maps such as Gauntlet and other maps that have all of the objectives in a line. By doing so a team can capture the objectives down the line and then spawn camp the enemy team making it next to impossible to break through the effective quarantine that has been set up. For Honor should encourage player participation and activity not the toxic behaviors of spawn camping and the passive play style that occurs when you reward players for standing around.

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 03:37 AM
Because each point you earn while standing on an Objective also goes towards your teams score, which is why it also counts for renown. You are actively helping your team by boosting points. I watched ( a while ago so, but I don't believe the strategy has changed) a tournament on Dominion. Every single team kept one player on their home objective boosting points, and then rotating out when an injured team mate came back to heal. Staying there will give all your team somewhere safe to heal. So camping on one objective is beneficial for everyone on your team.

When it comes to those straight maps though, and one team holds all objectives...what would you have them do? Actually run into your spawn to start killing you there? Let you take back your home objective? That is a case of poor map design which has been brought up before, with Overwatch been the main example. That is not the player fault for poor map design.

Mr.Tripps
03-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Well, you could always vote on the map you want. Almost nobody votes. If you cast the only vote ... Thats the map you get. Been my experience, but i dont play as much as some.

Specialkha
03-05-2018, 01:31 PM
yeah poor map design and lack of a brain for most players. When the ennemy holds your home objective, just go around them to cap theirs. here, fixed.

The_B0G_
03-05-2018, 02:37 PM
I think more points should be given for holding points, it would reduce gank squads and it is also the entire objective of the mode... Not sure why killing each other gives more points than holding zones.

Killing soldiers a B and holding zones should be the only point contribution in Dom. Dom has turned into skirmish recently.

swiss_soldier_1
03-05-2018, 03:48 PM
i agree that it's poor map design... actually you'd need to be even more encouraged to boost your zones so you'd avoid ganking squads... as for maps like gauntlet well... you can still run around but yeah i agree that the map is not ideal