PDA

View Full Version : New Editor and MP Info

DrShakez
03-05-2018, 01:42 AM
Looks like someone on reddit translated an article about the multiplayer. Has some very interesting map editor info too. I didn't check the source, but seems pretty legit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/821rio/found_an_ineresting_article_that_by_the_looks_of/
Here's the translation pasted from PizentuDeWind:

TRANSLATED

Far Cry Arcade - This is how the new platform for user content in Far Cry 5 works In the newly introduced "Far Cry Arcade" modders, singleplayer and multiplayer fans should be equally happy. In addition to classic PVP multiplayer modes, the community will also be able to create its own levels for single players with content from many popular Ubisoft series.

Far Cry 5's new separate game mode »Far Cry Arcade« will feature classic PVP multiplayer maps as well as user-generated content for single players.

When Far Cry 5 arrives on March 27, 2018, most players will most likely plunge straight into the elaborately staged storytelling campaign and open-minded virtual Montana game world. Professional modders and creative hobbyists should, however, keep an eye on the now newly introduced and separate mode called " Far Cry Arcade ".

Separately available from the main menu of Far Cry 5 , the Arcade mode, designed to reminisce with pretty pixel graphics and animations of the 80s gambling halls, serves as a platform for all user-generated content, and will be of interest to both single-player and multiplayer fans , The editor it contains allows the community to design their own levels and maps completely detached from the main game, and to distribute them to the players worldwide via the Ubisoft servers.

Replenishment for single player With the help of an in-game browser, these levels can be sorted by category, downloaded and rated after playing . The developers also announce that the editor will have all the content of all Far Cry games (from Far Cry 3 onwards) and even models from Assassins Creed and Watchdogs available in the editor.

Get ready for another meeting with Vaas. In the Far Cry Arcade all models are from Far Cry 3.

Experienced modders can also write small AI routines , which should lead to some interesting results, especially in the development of single-player levels. How extensive the editor is and how easy or complicated the handling is, we could not try out on the spot.

For this we could already look at what experienced users can accomplish with the editor. In one of two event-playable levels Ubisoft crafted for the presentation in collaboration with select community modders, we found ourselves in an abandoned mansion. Mission: Leave the estate and find the exit.

However, that turned out to be much harder than it sounds at first. The horror house burst in every room with our expectations and made every effort to confuse us at most. There was no gravity in one room and the exit was on the ceiling, the next moment a ladder led to the attic, which was completely under water.

Due to this insecurity and the visual design with bloody sacrificial altars and atmospheric lighting effects, the user level sparked a horrible horror atmosphere , which was completely without weapons and opponents.

Even PVP friends are not forgotten The classic multiplayer mode should not be missed, of course, and will be integrated into the arcade in Far Cry 5. On multiplayer cards also generated by users are known PVP modes such as Team Deathmatch and Co. to choose from. In addition to pure user content, punctual release of Far Cry 5 will also feature multiplayer maps and singleplayer levels created by the development team.

SilentProdigy69
03-05-2018, 02:18 AM
finally we got something. i can finally sleep

Steve64b
03-05-2018, 02:22 AM
While I think the article may have some information, we'll have to wait and see Ubi's announcement.

For example, the article claims that Map editors can also "write small AI routines". But would this mean actual scripting, or just the Animation Points we all know? ;)

Also:

The developers also announce that the editor will have content of Far Cry games (from Far Cry 4+) and even models from Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs available in the editor.
Seeing Far Cry 3 Classic Edition isn't remastered, I doubt that the editor contains many Far Cry 3 models. Even when Far Cry 4 had some, they suffered from pretty bad draw distance.

DrShakez
03-05-2018, 02:50 AM
While I think the article may have some information, we'll have to wait and see Ubi's announcement.

Agreed, a few things seem to be lost in translation at the very least. I think there's a good chance we're going to get the official announcement tomorrow.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 03:28 AM
There's a couple things that make me REALLY happy and a couple things that make me REALLY nervous.

The big one for me: unless I misread something, nothing in there definitively said you can make your own maps for PvP. Several sentences were worded in such a way that make it seem like you can only do SP and Co-op. I'm really hoping something is lost in translation here.

What has me REALLY excited is assets from games outside the FC universe. That has me even more excited than the potential of scripting.

This is a big reason Ubisoft needs to tell us more FAR earlier. With just over 3 weeks to go all we have is a translated leaked article that leaves a LOT open to interpretation. There's so much info on the SP I practically don't need to play it because I've seen all it has to offer. But all I have about the 2 feature I love most is a vague, translated leak.

I copied the entire op to the Steam forums, mastershakez, and gave you credit. Hope that's okay. If not I'll take it down.

akilyoung
03-05-2018, 03:30 AM
I agree with steve64. While some might be true, there's gotta be some things lost in translation. Besides, ubi hasn't released info officially. So this company either beached nda, is full of crap, or both..

And I think they meant mappers, maybe in german they call them modders.

DrShakez
03-05-2018, 04:00 AM
I copied the entire op to the Steam forums, mastershakez, and gave you credit. Hope that's okay. If not I'll take it down.

No need to credit me, I just copied it from the reddit post. The person who posted the article and the one who translated it deserve the credit.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 10:47 AM
If all this ends up being true, for the first time in far cry map making history, we will see the map editor become mainstream, it will be HUGE. fingers crossed it's true.

truesurv1val
03-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Hmm bit unclear this text. Not sure what to make of it. But things sound good, i guess. Hope soon some official info will come.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Check my far cry 5 arcade mode post below.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Very eagerly awaiting this post of yours!

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Very eagerly awaiting this post of yours!

It's there check this forum.

Jaavaa
03-05-2018, 05:07 PM
The wait for official news is killing me.

Fallen-Champ
03-05-2018, 05:16 PM
I made a customization character thread in general FARCRY 5 section. But figured its multiplayer. Even showed Rainbow Six Siege character to unlock in the UBISOFT club.
Is it the same video as the one a day or 2 ago that released ?
I am happy with what I see so far there appear to be be some good combinations, looking forward to trying it for myself.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 05:38 PM
So long as you can't buy an advantage in PvP I'm cool. Hell if they give us what we want in the ME I'll happily buy outfits for my character

BattlePHILd
03-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Remember when FC3 was coming out and they released a surprise trailer for the co-op campaign and it looked like a completely different game? They should do something like that for FC Arcade. That would seriously blow people away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3sQGjnisz4

SICKSIX6_FCI
03-06-2018, 12:16 AM
I have seen absolutely NO evidence of being able to make PVP maps to share/host/play. Seems like clever wording to lure us all in again and deliver another FC4 experience! Granted it's just a translation and not word from UBI themselves, so I'm not making a big stink about it. But if this is at all legit, here comes disappointment number 4!

SICK

BattlePHILd
03-06-2018, 01:55 AM
I have seen absolutely NO evidence of being able to make PVP maps to share/host/play. Seems like clever wording to lure us all in again and deliver another FC4 experience! Granted it's just a translation and not word from UBI themselves, so I'm not making a big stink about it. But if this is at all legit, here comes disappointment number 4!

Here it is NOT translated. I know what you mean about being apprehensive, but it sure is sounding promising!

"One thing I can’t talk about in this article is Arcade mode, which is a pity, because it’s something I feel like I’ll personally spend quite a bit of time on after release. It’s effectively the all-encompassing online mode (campaign aside) that lets you get your deathmatch fix on, or complete various challenges. This isn’t just a tacked-on mode, but one that is hopefully going to grab the community, because if you’ve always wanted to create your own map to kill people in, this game will allow you to get those creative juices flowing."

https://techgage.com/article/far-cry...aign-hands-on/ (https://techgage.com/article/far-cry-5-solo-co-op-campaign-hands-on/)

usmovers_02
03-06-2018, 03:22 AM
They also said it the very day they announced the game all those months ago. We've known from the beginning that you can make PvP maps. But that's all we know.