PDA

View Full Version : Why Are Beginners Allowed Into Test Your Metal?

SphericalChip53
03-05-2018, 01:35 AM
This has honestly been one of my most infuriating experiences in For Honor, and that's saying something considering I've had to deal with OG centurion and shaman. It's essentially game-throwing that I'm forced to play with no-rep scrubs who haven't even beat the campaign and so have no idea what they're doing, essentially dooming their team to a loss. [edited for language - UbiInsulin] So I'm forced to play an entire game of Test Your Metal KNOWING FROM THE START we're going to lose, bc by the third won round, that scrub is not going to be able to beat their opponent and someone else is going to get ganked in the first 30 seconds.
Test Your Metal should have a base-line requirement of beating the campaign on hard. TYM 1 should require a minimum of 5 global rep, TYM 2 a minimum of 10 global rep, and TYM 3 a minimum of 15 global rep.

Tundra 793
03-05-2018, 01:42 AM
That's... a whole lot of elitism wrapped into one post. It'd be impressive if it weren't awful.

SphericalChip53
03-05-2018, 01:53 AM
That's... a whole lot of elitism wrapped into one post. It'd be impressive if it weren't awful.

You misunderstand... This would be elitism if I was talking about a game mode that isn't meant for the top level of players who know how to fight against OP odds, like dominion.... or any other game mode in the game other than TYM. By god it's in the freaking NAME - this game mode is literally meant for the top level of players who want to TEST THEIR METAL against significantly imbalanced odds, not players who got the game last week and got a couple reps on warden playing against bots. So I dont really know how my considerations count as "elitism" when the people I am complaining about literally and logically do not belong in this game mode.
If I was complaining about bad teammates causing me to lose in Tribute, then you can call me out for elitism, but right now it looks like you're just trying to get some kind of clout without actually considering people's legitimate complaints.

Tundra 793
03-05-2018, 01:56 AM
So I dont really know how my considerations count as "elitism" when the people I am complaining about literally and logically do not belong in this game mode.

That's literally the definition of elitism.

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 01:58 AM
Lmao this guy.. U already lost if u go in to a game w that mentality bro. That is pretty weak minded, try to help your fellow newbs get better instead. Why u rely on others to win the game for you?

Tundra 793
03-05-2018, 02:15 AM
If I was complaining about bad teammates causing me to lose in Tribute, then you can call me out for elitism, but right now it looks like you're just trying to get some kind of clout without actually considering people's legitimate complaints.

Aight, let's get it on. You put in effort in your posts, you deserve at least one response in kind.

It's essentially game-throwing that I'm forced to play with no-rep scrubs

Even If i believed your idea had any merit, and I do not believe your idea has any merit, calling players you consider worse than you, "scrubs", is a terrible way to argue. You're not only insulting their skill, you've engaged in derogatory uncalled for name-calling.

And when in the character select screen I see this, I immediately want to leave, but can't because Ubitard has the cool new 1 game leave penalty policy, which is really autistic.

1; A wordplay on "******" and throwing in a derogatory "autistic", again, isn't doing wonders for your case. You establish what you think of players with a lower Rep cap than yourself, name-calling is literally just salt in the wound, and it's uncalled for. Some people might also find it highly offensive.

2; Unless I missed something, there still exists a 30 second grace period at the beginning of each match in which one can leave. But even if there didn't, the leave penalty is doing its job perfectly if it keeps you in game.

TYM 1 should require a minimum of 5 global rep, TYM 2 a minimum of 10 global rep, and TYM 3 a minimum of 15 global rep.

My main is a Rep 27 Berserker, overall Rep is 54 and I regularly get killed in TYM 2 and up. Your argument is invalid.
Reputation is not indicative of skill, so excluding anyone on that premise alone is downright wrong.

Finally, TYM is not meant for only higher rep/skilled players, It's a fun, celebratory, temporary mode letting players try to fight intentionally OP heroes. It's meant to be fun, not an exercise in skill and bragging rights.
The players you're so quick to dismiss as "scrubs" paid the same amount of money for their game as you, and as such they have the exact same entitlements as you or I when it comes to gameplay.

You raise several points, and you're wrong on each one.

UbiInsulin
03-05-2018, 02:24 AM
You might want to check out our LFG subforums to find players of a similar skill level: https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1509-Looking-for-Groups . Otherwise, everyone is welcome to play Test Your Metal and there's a chance you'll end up playing with them. I don't think there's a high chance that we'd gate this popular mode behind a requirement like beating the campaign on hard.

I'm closing this thread as I do not see it heading in a positive direction.