PDA

View Full Version : In all seriousness, Iím boycotting Shaman.

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 12:43 AM
I will not give this company another penny until something is done about that idiotic class.

On top of that, and sorry in advance, but Iíll also be immediately withdrawing from any game with a Shaman in it.

Baturai
03-05-2018, 01:47 AM
Conq and Gladiator Aswell.

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 01:59 AM
That should be banworthy imo. Shaman is easy to deal w atleat with zerk

JustNerf_em
03-05-2018, 02:16 AM
Yeah as zerk what about everyone else

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 02:18 AM
I play all the viking chars plus kensei and warden. Never had a problem since the beginning..

Devils-_-legacy
03-05-2018, 06:08 AM
It's stupid not ban worthy as long as it's in the grace period

Charmzzz
03-05-2018, 08:30 AM
Ok. Refuse to adapt and quit those games. Your choice.

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 10:48 AM
I mean if you are going to actively dc on shamans have fun being banned. that's breaking tos.

VeniVidiViciBra
03-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Shaman is a bs character. They can be beaten of course but they don't make the game fun imo

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Shaman is a bs character. They can be beaten of course but they don't make the game fun imo

I don't find it fun to fight shugoki.
or someone that turtles constantly.
I don't dc though.

Vakris_One
03-05-2018, 11:12 AM
I never will understand this weak minded mentality. Some people would rather sulk in a corner because it's easier than putting in a little bit of effort into adapting an approach against a character they are weak against.

Your choice.

VeniVidiViciBra
03-05-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't find it fun to fight shugoki.
or someone that turtles constantly.
I don't dc though.

Yeah I don't think dcing is the answer. The shaman is obviously here to stay but personally it's made the game frustrating on a whole other level. I would take a shugoki or turtle any day over a shaman

Knight_Raime
03-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Yeah I don't think dcing is the answer. The shaman is obviously here to stay but personally it's made the game frustrating on a whole other level. I would take a shugoki or turtle any day over a shaman

I personally don't struggle against a majority of people who play shaman in duels.
Blocking right and reacting to top or left completely shuts our her wildcats rage regardless of distance.
And if she's foolish enough to try and dodge mix up in your face a GB or fast light will screw her.
Her left UB heavy mix up is only a threat if she manages to hitstun you with a confirmed hit. And even in that situation it's slow enough and telegraphed enough that (IMO) it's easy to react to whatever they do from it.
and due to the parry changes she can't reliably get bleed in to threaten with bite unless you're really good at getting deflects.

I'm not saying she isn't a handful to deal with for average players or below. but she's not as godly as people make her sound. at least in duels.
I can't speak on 4v4.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-05-2018, 12:32 PM
I never will understand this weak minded mentality. Some people would rather sulk in a corner because it's easier than putting in a little bit of effort into adapting an approach against a character they are weak against.

Your choice.

It's not a weak minded mentality, it's normal rational human mentality. When you go to a restaurant and you're served literal ****, you don't eat that ****, you reject the ****, stand up, leave that dump of restaurant and go to the competition. Only that there aren't currently any restaurants so you're stuck in the dump. You only choice is to simply reject the **** every time they serve it.

So unless you're a dog, stop eating ****. Human don't eat ****. Of course, humans can override a lot of their instincts. One can decide to kill their kids, instead of protecting them, or eat **** instead of rejecting just to prove that point. But that is ******ed. Humans should not be ******ed.

Card1acArrest
03-05-2018, 01:29 PM
I think his point is related to 4v4,
Not that many play duels really.. I never see very high activity for duels, but always in 4v4.

In 4v4, Shaman does not show on the radar, and if there is more than 1 enemy, she can be really tricky to defend against as she is so fast, in particular those jump attacks. Add a bleed and a jump and you are dead. And you can add her jump-bump to the list :) She also has a very high run-speed..

If you have 2 shaman on other team, it just becomes a bloody mess.

It is also very difficult to run away from a 1v2 situation when there is a shaman following you, shen can jump 10 meters in 0,5 seconds and hit you in the back. Your only option is to fight or to roll with perfect timing..

I hardly ever see ANY shaman with a kill score less than 3x her death score, often it can be 10-2 or 15-2 or up to 20 kills and hardly any deaths.
Many of those players are not really very good.

it is not rare to see a shaman keeping on hitting while OOS in particular if its more than 1v1 in the 4v4. Just shows they are used to just steamrolling the enemies too easily?.

What also happens is that half the shaman quit after a few rounds because they are disgusted by their own (very good) performance :). It is just boring.

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 02:14 PM

Exactly. Itís simply not cool... fighting one or two ppl, then get hit from off screen by something that kills you from half health? Sweet. Duels arenít the problem, itís any 4v4.

You kno itís bad when my girlfriend was watching me yesterday, and she has absolutely no clue about how this game works... yet she asks ďwho thought it was a good idea to put a character like that in the game?Ē.

Alustar.
03-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Exactly. Itís simply not cool... fighting one or two ppl, then get hit from off screen by something that kills you from half health? Sweet. Duels arenít the problem, itís any 4v4.

You kno itís bad when my girlfriend was watching me yesterday, and she has absolutely no clue about how this game works... yet she asks ďwho thought it was a good idea to put a character like that in the game?Ē.

Actually that just means she's is the type to form an opinion quickly, and with very little information. That's not bad on Ubisoft's part, that's a character flaw on the part of your girlfriend, lol.

Alustar.
03-05-2018, 03:00 PM
It's not a weak minded mentality, it's normal rational human mentality. When you go to a restaurant and you're served literal ****, you don't eat that ****, you reject the ****, stand up, leave that dump of restaurant and go to the competition. Only that there aren't currently any restaurants so you're stuck in the dump. You only choice is to simply reject the **** every time they serve it.

So unless you're a dog, stop eating ****. Human don't eat ****. Of course, humans can override a lot of their instincts. One can decide to kill their kids, instead of protecting them, or eat **** instead of rejecting just to prove that point. But that is ******ed. Humans should not be ******ed.

Lmao, there is not one single accurate piece of information on the post. First off, bad comparison of restaurant to game company. Worst possible comparison I've seen lately. Next, dogs don't eat **** either unless they are abuse victims. But with an online handle like Lord buttsnitch I can't expect you to have the where with all to fact check.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Man... The sheer dramatics on display from both sides of this argument is something else...

Shaman is overpowered. I don't think we need to argue about this, she's got too much versatility, crazy throw distance, insane damage, and is unpredictable as hell to boot. She absolutely decimates the majority of the other classes in the game and can take far too much punishment for a crazed forest hermit wearing a few bits of dead wolf. She absolutely needs to be looked at, reworked and probably get some aspects nerfed.

But you don't need to go to such extremes about her. Boycotting, rage quitting and griefing other players won't get anything done. If anything, your best option would be to post potential ideas for a rework for her, rather than just endlessly complaining.

Vakris_One
03-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Gotta be honest here, almost half of what you wrote is nonsense. This is a video game company not a restaurant and your analogy of food doesn't really work for this particular issue.

As to the relevant part: what happens when you don't consider Shaman to be particularly difficult to go up against and ergo she doesn't make you pee your pants with rage when you see her in the matchmaking screen? What the OP is doing is throwing a tantrum instead of developing their skill in countering that character. Either because of lazyness or self-entitlement or anger management issues or whatever other reason these types of threads always represent a refusal to up one's own game in both in-game skill and real life emotional control. That's what I call being weak minded. You may not agree and that's fine too.

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Bingo! Someone gets it!

They only do this unbalanced **** to make ppl purchase the new flavor of the month. FCK THAT!

If they wonít fix it, then we can stand up to them and force them to. Itís that simple.

And with all the connection issues, you think theyíre going to ban ppl for d/cíing? Rofl gtfoh

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Actually that just means she's is the type to form an opinion quickly, and with very little information. That's not bad on Ubisoft's part, that's a character flaw on the part of your girlfriend, lol.

Ok, youíre clearly a cheese shaman main.

But no, itís bc itís that damn obvious that the class is complete bull. Itís overpowered IN EVERY WAY.

Balance is achieved through ya know, actual ****ing balance. If youíre a cannon, you should be made of glass AND NOT HAVE A HEAL. If youíre most powerful attack (hit for 50+) is at range, you should be weak up close.

If youíre super quick, you shouldnít be super powerful.

If you have high offense, you shouldnít have high defense.

Itís a simple concept, and they violated every single one of those simple balancing rules with shaman.

Not all of us need to hire a detective to tell us a pile of dog chit is a pile of dog chit. If it looks like chit, smells like chit, and came from a dogs azz, itís safe to ďform an opinionĒ that itís dog chit.

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Shes pretty op.

I wont DC on every shaman I see, but theres no denying that she has the best opener, the best gap closer, the best throw distance, the easiest and most reliable CC, the best survivability (out of assassins) you would think a hero like THIS should be a glass cannon with 100 HP but no, to top all of that off she gets the best HP an assassin can have which makes no sense at all.

Her throw distance should be halfed and remove guaranteed bash on throw.

Whiffing Bite should take half her stamina

Her HP should be reduced.

Tyrfing_.
03-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Disagree with the statement of this threat. Dont see bigger issues against Shaman though she is for sure strong.
A lot more, I hate to play against any turtle-characters.

Again, the level of behavior and comon sens is low in this forum...

Alustar.
03-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Ok, youíre clearly a cheese shaman main.

But no, itís bc itís that damn obvious that the class is complete bull. Itís overpowered IN EVERY WAY.

Balance is achieved through ya know, actual ****ing balance. If youíre a cannon, you should be made of glass AND NOT HAVE A HEAL. If youíre most powerful attack (hit for 50+) is at range, you should be weak up close.

If youíre super quick, you shouldnít be super powerful.

If you have high offense, you shouldnít have high defense.

Itís a simple concept, and they violated every single one of those simple balancing rules with shaman.

Not all of us need to hire a detective to tell us a pile of dog chit is a pile of dog chit. If it looks like chit, smells like chit, and came from a dogs azz, itís safe to ďform an opinionĒ that itís dog chit.

Lol I don't "main" any character as I have extensive playtime in multiple heroes. It's that very reason that I don't suffer from a lot of the problems that plague the general user base.
Refusing to learn the nuances of any character is only going to hinder yourself, which no amount of nerfing will fix.
Shaman isn't better at anything that she can do. I promise every move on her kit can be done by some other hero better than she can. The only way you are going to know that is by playing more than one hero.

VeniVidiViciBra
03-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Yeah duels are different, 4v4 is the problem. Imo to "balance" the shaman her health should be as low as the shinobis was, nerf throw distance, remove the guaranteed charge after a throw, make a missed tackle lower her health and make her reflex guard as short as glads (never seen the numbers but i feel like glad has the shortest reflex guard). If these things would happen i would be totally ok with her keeping her kit.

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 07:17 PM
Shes pretty op.

I wont DC on every shaman I see, but theres no denying that she has the best opener, the best gap closer, the best throw distance, the easiest and most reliable CC, the best survivability (out of assassins) you would think a hero like THIS should be a glass cannon with 100 HP but no, to top all of that off she gets the best HP an assassin can have which makes no sense at all.

Her throw distance should be halfed and remove guaranteed bash on throw.

Whiffing Bite should take half her stamina

Her HP should be reduced.

Exactly... she makes absolutely no sense. Who ever thought that ďyup, she seems balancedĒ is a moron...

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 08:29 PM
I promise every move on her kit can be done by some other hero better than she can. The only way you are going to know that is by playing more than one hero.

I normally agree with you, but this is so far from true its not even funny.

Her gap closer, undeniably cant be done better by anyone else

Her having a warlord headbutt that can be used as ANOTHER gap closer in 4v4's, it wallsplats (Or if the target is bleeding, it turns into an instant shugoki hug, with no way to punish it cuz she'll jump another 4 times) to top all of this off its guaranteed after a throw rofl.... undeniably, nobody can keep up with that

Her HP sustain alone is the best.

Her HP is the best out of assassins.

Her throw distance is the best out of the assassins.

Her throw distance and soft feints are the only two things in her kit that can be done better by someone else.

Her range WAS the only drawback she had but since the S5 update range is pretty much worthless.

Devils-_-legacy
03-05-2018, 08:37 PM
I've got to agree with bt on this one I don't think she's op but she has a better version of everyone's move that they took from bite to side dodge attack even has a better ledge ability then warlord

HazelrahFirefly
03-05-2018, 09:23 PM
While I agree that the Shaman is a bit OP, I don't agree that she is unbalanced.

Originally she WAS a monster, there's no denying that. She received the initial nerf and I believe that was enough. All that needed to be fixed was her jump tracking, which they finally have (well, as much as all the other tracking in the game anyway).

My point is going to come back to what I have been repeating a lot lately - difficulty is subjective. I find Shaman, Glad, and PK all fair and easy enough. Even if I lose I think it was a good fight.

On the other hand, I still have no idea how to fight Aramusha. Outside of crushing them with overwhelming attacks from my PK or HL, I don't stand a chance. If the Ara doesnt start off a bit timid then they combo me to death and I can barely react at all. Meanwhile, many say the Aramusha is balanced and low tier.

Devils-_-legacy
03-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Hazel the point i was trying to get across before i think i found the words to explaine it better The person playing a class there difficulties are subjective based on there skill but me and other people more go one about a heros kit an eg. if 2 equal players chosen two diffrent heros one picks a kensie who's regarded as having a very strong kit vs orchi,Valk or shug or any of the heros who are regarded as having some of the worst kits currently in the game I would put my odds on the kensie

Archeun
03-05-2018, 09:35 PM
Don't leave games because of Shaman Walk away from the game for a while. It's done me a lot of good. I play maybe 2 hours a week now instead of 40+ and it's much easier to get sick of the game each time I login.

BTTrinity
03-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Don't leave games because of Shaman Walk away from the game for a while. It's done me a lot of good. I play maybe 2 hours a week now instead of 40+ and it's much easier to get sick of the game each time I login.

This^

Tirik22x
03-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Oh, Shaman has definitely made logging off and putting on reruns of Vikings much easier. Believe me!

Baturai
03-05-2018, 11:58 PM
"Adapt" "Just Dodge" "gitgud" Are we Trying to kill RAIDBOSSES HERE ?
devs Literally Brought New raidbosses instead of a decent Hero. into the Game.
Yes you can [destroy] a noob shaman or any noob behind a op hero.
but what if you face an experienced one ? your Limited kit is USELESS
explain me how can it be that an Orochi is forced to play Passive with a ****ty Reflex guard system and eat all those unreactables and get his Hp pool below 50% do i have to mention the chipdamages. ?

It is Obvious that TOP TIERS HAVE A HUGE Advantage! I kill the Very same guy 3 times with Top Tier. WHY ISNT IT POSSIBLE WITH AN OROCHI Once ???
i am REP 33 Orochi my Kda was around 2.10. in the first 2 seasons. it kept dropping down with all the Stupid Changes. Sometimes my Duels last more than 12 minutes. Because Some *******s figured out ( wow) that Orochi is all about Toplight and a ****in Zone. I dance around them like David v.s Goliath . Hoping that i can find an Opening. xD
Have you Ever tried to Deflect a Berserker ? His unstopable chain combo with all those Hypers and unblockables deal More damage while you performing Heavy Deflect.. WTF is wrong with this game ?

[Edited for language - UbiInsulin]

UbiInsulin
03-06-2018, 12:40 AM
This thread has run its course and has not presented any constructive proposals for changes to the Shaman. The team has made multiple changes to the Shaman (including some direct nerfs), so this is clearly something that they're tracking and willing to work on.

Thread closed.