PDA

View Full Version : 509 spam threads, but I have to wait 60 seconds to report

Tirik22x
03-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Cool.

If I change my name to sdfhhhgggdd can I report spam faster?

Alustar.
03-04-2018, 03:28 PM
What's worse is every other thread about the forum spam was told "we are looking into it, don't make more threads about forum spam."
So naturally I wait a few weeks then if no thread is made I do it myself, because **** the police!

Tirik22x
03-04-2018, 03:30 PM
What's worse is every other thread about the forum spam was told "we are looking into it, don't make more threads about forum spam."
So naturally I wait a few weeks then if no thread is made I do it myself, because **** the police!

Could just require users to provide a cell number and confirm via text to create a profile.

Just an idea.

Or! Nothing... they could just do nothing!

Yes, yes, thatís it! Do nothing!!

zcubed
03-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Just popping on here, the spam seems to be the worst between 1am- 6am pst. Don't know how long it lingers because I usually go to bed around 6am. When I come onto the forums before 1am they are clean.

BTTrinity
03-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Yeah, the spam posts are pretty annoying. I wonder why is it that Ubisoft's forums are the only forums I've ever seen with this much spam.. Blizzard's dont, Bungie's dont, but this one does?

Alustar.
03-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Because they aren't investing time or resources into actually solving the problem, the mods are likely told, "deal with it as best you can till a solution presents itself."
I'm sorry, but you don't have a problem for longer than a year if you are actually trying to fix it.

Tirik22x
03-04-2018, 04:19 PM
Well a pattern is definitely emerging... Iím starting to wonder if the devs are just very young and inexperienced?

That would clarify the reason for the meme culture, and inability to actually address issues in a time efficient fashion.

Jarl.Felix
03-04-2018, 05:26 PM
It's just ... beautiful :)) ... I feel like in the 2000's.... Ubisoft is the only "triple AAA" company who has their official forum flooded with spam and they are still the ONLY ONES who can't solve this problem... Just ... beautiful :cool:

High-Horse
03-04-2018, 06:42 PM
It's because there's no requirements except an email address to make an account. You should have to put in a CD key to be able to post.

Blizzard doesn't have spam because it requires an active subscription, which people running spam bots aren't going to spend money on. Kinda defeats the purpose of running click bait ads. They just look for easy marks with no security.

Tirik22x
03-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Itís getting to the point that itís driving me away from wanting to browse the forums...

ChampionRuby50g
03-04-2018, 11:47 PM
Careful guys, we got told unconditionally that we are not ever ever allowed to make another thread about the spam. It's something we have to deal with everyday unless we want to invoke the wrath of the Global Mod. The spam is here to stay and we might as well consider it a part of the community.

Well a pattern is definitely emerging... I’m starting to wonder if the devs are just very young and inexperienced?

That would clarify the reason for the meme culture, and inability to actually address issues in a time efficient fashion.

The FH dev team don't have anything to do with the running/maintenance of the Ubisoft forums. This mess isn't their fault, and rather the fault of Ubisoft as a whole company. I kinda half beleive that Ubisoft endorses these spam bots and takes money to allow the ads to be spammed on their pages, and that's why we dont see anything been done to fix this issue thats been around for more than a year. They clearly don't want to fix it. It's been stated in a thread made months ago how this particular user help set up anti-spam protection for his friends webpage, and that its a 3-hour one man job at the max. So either this guy is BSing us, or Ubi are simply been lazy and incompetent.

Alustar.
03-05-2018, 12:36 AM
Lmao! I remember that explicit warning about making threads on forum spam. I'd love to see them try and censor topics like that.

It's a good way to alienate the entirety of players that still want to believe ubisoft is trying to do a community service.

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 12:55 AM
Lmao! I remember that explicit warning about making threads on forum spam. I'd love to see them try and censor topics like that.

It's a good way to alienate the entirety of players that still want to believe ubisoft is trying to do a community service.

It reminded me off my primary school days when we acted bad enough or didn't listen to what we were told, the teachers called in someone senior to them to try and tell us to behave accordingly or there will be consequences aha.

EDG_Avocado
03-05-2018, 01:12 AM
damn did mods really warn us about spam threads? that's pretty sad lol

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 01:21 AM
damn did mods really warn us about spam threads? that's pretty sad lol

Yeah, a little while ago someone made a thread that got a lot of attention about the forum spam. After it had run for a while a global mod came in and started dishing out threats and warning us about making another thread on spam and why nothing is been done about it. Few months later, we still get spammed like no tomorrow lol.