PDA

View Full Version : Effect cost inconsistency. Devs?

XJadeDragoonX
03-04-2018, 05:32 AM
I know it's been spoken about before, but watsup with the cost of effects. If I want the wind effect for all options,I have to buy it 4 times. That's 20,000 steel. But if I were to buy a mythic outfit, I get the effect for everything, a color palette, an ornament, and 3 designs for 15,000 steel. So I pay 5,000 more steel for just effects. You can get a regular outfit for 7,000 steel and the only difference is that it doesn't come with an effect and an ornament. So there's an 8,000 steel difference for an ornament, which are usually 5,000 steel, and the effect bundle, which is 20,000 steel.

Obviously this is a huge difference. Devs any input on this? And not a "we hear your concerns and will pass it along" kind of input. It's also not a complaint about steel in general. Just the ridiculous amount of money you pay for just effects if you want them on everything compared to the cost of literally everything else in the game.

CandleInTheDark
03-04-2018, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure where you're getting 20,000 from. the effects come from idle,emote and execution, so that is 15,000 which is the same price as a mythic outfit, cheaper than a mask outfit (past discount time) and yeah a little more than a regular outfit by itself.

I can't say I have had a problem with it in all honesty, but then I buy what I want, whether that is outfit, effects, emotes, ornaments or executions and have always been able to without purchasing steel.

XJadeDragoonX
03-04-2018, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting 20,000 from. the effects come from idle,emote and execution, so that is 15,000 which is the same price as a mythic outfit, cheaper than a mask outfit (past discount time) and yeah a little more than a regular outfit by itself.

I can't say I have had a problem with it in all honesty, but then I buy what I want, whether that is outfit, effects, emotes, ornaments or executions and have always been able to without purchasing steel.

If you look in the execution section, it's broken up into 4 categories. Idle, execution, free roam, and combat. For emotes, you have to buy the effect twice to use for both roaming emotes and combat emotes separately. Hope that clears up the confusion about the 20,000 steel vs 15,000 steel. I do believe that you used to only have to buy one for all emotes, but that is no longer the case. So effecta for all options comes to 20,009 steel. Thanks for your input though.

CandleInTheDark
03-04-2018, 04:16 PM
If you look in the execution section, it's broken up into 4 categories. Idle, execution, free roam, and combat. For emotes, you have to buy the effect twice to use for both roaming emotes and combat emotes separately. Hope that clears up the confusion about the 20,000 steel vs 15,000 steel. I do believe that you used to only have to buy one for all emotes, but that is no longer the case. So effecta for all options comes to 20,009 steel. Thanks for your input though.

Mmk, weird, it was definitely just three when I bought bats for my peacekeeper (I don't often screw around with effects unless I like the ones on an outfit) so yeah that is a bit not on.

XJadeDragoonX
03-04-2018, 04:21 PM

Mmk, weird, it was definitely just three when I bought bats for my peacekeeper (I don't often screw around with effects unless I like the ones on an outfit) so yeah that is a bit not on.

Yeah i don't know when they changed that but I only just noticed it last night. I was like wait a minute why is there 4 options now? Pretty sucky