PDA

View Full Version : Fix the lock on system

DoodTheMan
03-04-2018, 03:00 AM
It's been a year and the lock on system is still turd and has never been updated. It seems to just pick an opponent at random in a 25 foot radius. I just died for probably the 1000th time because I pointed my camera directly at an enemy, pressed the lock on button, and my camera spun 90 degrees to look at the guy 15 feet away to my right. Make a menu for it, let us set priorities on who to focus when toggled: enemy with most health, enemy with least health, closest enemy, enemy I'm looking at, that sort of thing. Just please stop killing me with your awful camera.

MrBuggle
03-04-2018, 07:04 AM
You don't like locking on to the guy falling off a cliff when you're about to get doggy styled? I like your idea about configuring the priorities of the camera but I'd settle for simply locking onto the nearest enemy

DoodTheMan
03-05-2018, 01:50 AM
I have definitely thrown somebody down a pit, unlocked so I could farm minions, turned around to see an enemy behind me, and pressed lock-on again only to whirl back around to the guy still falling down the pit. Boy did I have fun with that one.

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 02:14 AM
Rep119 never had a problem with it.. You guys are basicly just looking for something to complain about at this point

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 02:35 AM
Rep119 never had a problem with it.. You guys are basicly just looking for something to complain about at this point

Rep 120 and I experience this all the time. Its a valid concern, and one that has been brought up before. Fighting multiple opponents and I want to change the lock to the guy next to me but for some reason the game thinks I meant the bloke standing 100 meters away, or force me to do a complete 180 and look at the guy behind me when I never wanted that. If it could at least lock onto where I am actually looking reliably and consistently, there wouldn't be an issue.

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 02:37 AM
Weird. No neothe good players i play with have that prob

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 02:42 AM
What platform are you on? That could be a factor

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Xb1 here. In a party we are 400+ rep asked everyone and they dont have that prob

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 02:59 AM
Funny you mention it then, I'm also on XB1 but just experienced this twice in one game. I wasn;t able to unlock of the enemy in front off me, even when they had backed up far. Another enemy was right in front of me and I couldn't even lock onto them.

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 03:01 AM
What conttoller u use? I find it really weird i can switch to the closest enemy whenever i want. Im not trying to be an ******* here.

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 03:05 AM
You're not coming across that way to me, no need to be sorry. Im using an Xbox elite controller, but I don't use the trigger locks while playing FH. When that above incident I mentioned happened the first time, it was right after a resynch. That could be a factor, but the 2nd time was just out of nowhere.

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 03:07 AM
Ok that sucks for you. Hopefully something can be done w it. Im just using the regular controller. Hit me up on xbox if u ever wanna smash some heads:)

ChampionRuby50g
03-05-2018, 03:20 AM
Strange how we both have different experiences. Lucky for me it isn't a regular occurrence, but its common enough to get under my skin.

Will do as well, once servers drop probably. My internet is also been upgraded in the next few months, and as I'm in Australia I'll probably struggle to connect to anyone overseas until then.

SlashingElbow
03-05-2018, 03:23 AM
Just realized u were down under. Im in norway so could be some lag lol. I do play w canadians and americans regulary tho with no problems. :) yesh those servers need to come asap before we lose everyone. I keep seeing the same guys over and over lately

DoodTheMan
03-06-2018, 01:36 AM
Just played a game of Tribute where several times a group would come at the flag, and I wouldn't be able to target the dude stealing the flag over the people trying to defend him. It just wouldn't let me.