PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades to Public Buildings, and more

Fuzzician
03-04-2018, 01:47 AM
We already have upgrades to Warehouses, which increases upkeep, but also makes it better at its job.

How about similar upgrades for our public buildings? Good example would be increased influence range, for example. Or, taking cues from Anno 2070 and having multiple options to how a building runs (the Ministry of Truth and Eco and Tech equivalents).

A similar idea could be applied to farms/mines. Up the upkeep, but increase production.

All of this aims to open up options, while also giving money more uses.

AgmasGold
03-04-2018, 02:36 AM
I think farms would need a little tweaking. Public buildings yes, it makes sense, but for farms, they would probably need more space for fields - there is only so much you can produce on a constrained plot of land. As the farm gets bigger, it should be able to operate more efficiently, and should cost less in upkeep that trying to achieve the same production with a combination of smaller farms.

Steinhauzer
03-04-2018, 01:19 PM
I like the idea, and it fits nicely with the industrial revolution. Anno 1602 and 1503 had improved workshops that were unlock-able in the late game, such as a weaving mill and a bigger ore smelter.

Swimming-Paul
03-04-2018, 06:21 PM
I like this idea very much! It would be great to have upgraded taverns, public markets, schools, etc... If you read the messages from the community on the latest Anno Union post, after they asked for ideas for a level 1 public building, you can clearly see that a lot of people mention a tavern, a school, a meeting hall... These are buildings which are probably included in higher population levels, but who wouldn´t need a beer from time to time, regardles of your social status? To have different levels of taverns or schools would be amazing also because it would look great in the city, to have a bigger variety of buildings (of course I imagine all of them equally beautiful, but maybe with different materials and floor decoration and so on). Specially when it comes to public markets, an essential building in all Anno games, I think it was genius in Anno 2070 that we had different models of markets available as we progressed in the game. I hope this happens again in 1800!

iruet
03-05-2018, 12:11 AM
I like the idea, it's kinda like the upgrading special buildings idea as posted elsewhere (to tired to search for that link atm)

AzemOcram
10-30-2018, 11:10 PM
That’s a great idea! I’d love to modernize public buildings as new technologies and more complex goods are invented and produced!

UbiSnout
10-31-2018, 02:05 AM
I like this idea very much! It would be great to have upgraded taverns, public markets, schools, etc... If you read the messages from the community on the latest Anno Union post, after they asked for ideas for a level 1 public building, you can clearly see that a lot of people mention a tavern, a school, a meeting hall...

That’s a great idea! I’d love to modernize public buildings as new technologies and more complex goods are invented and produced!

Hello everyone!

Here is the article about the Public building optimization: https://www.anno-union.com/en/union-update-contest-stream-and-details/

And the extract:

Optimisation category and the public buildings confusion:

This caused a lot of confusion in our community, as the description of the affected buildings was not clear enough in our blog. The optimization feature only affects the three previously revealed buildings able to slot items: the town hall, harbor office and guild hall. You will be able to construct a set number of each of them for “free” before investing influence points in more of these buildings to boost certain aspects of the game. It will not affect buildings like the church or school and therefore, has no negative impact on the needs of your residents whatsoever.