PDA

View Full Version : Make Lawbringer a pole arm expert

kanuzira
03-03-2018, 08:45 PM
So far for this year he is just a counterer, but this isnt really all there is to a pole axe. The only he can do is try to counter everything.
So what can he do about a non attacking opponent? zero to none. He needs to have an offenesive attack.

So what i suggest:

1: give him a stance change like highlander. In this mode you turn the pole axe around and start to utilise your weapon. in this mode you can stab, smack, cut and trip the opponent with your hook and do the sweep the leg (execution move animation).
Within this mode your attacks are less telegraphed than the normal ones.

2: heavy into light. So your whole kit is about blocking and parrying. so if you miss a parry you are screwed and that is your whole set. set-up to be screwed. with a heavy to light you can at least make a last stand to the missed parry and surprise your opponent.

3: animation rework: as i said in point one and as been said countless times before. LB is to telegraphed and that will lead your counter hero into being countered (bit ironic)
so what could be done is an other animation to have less of that happening.

4: More moves: if your enemy decides to nothing you need tools to open him up and surprise him becouse currently he has nothing.

5:light can parry other moves (like warlords)

I think these are fair points and i hope you agree. if not please give you oppinion
For any addons please write them in the comments below.

Sauronbaine
03-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Lawbringer is one of the last of the OG heroes they are most likely going to rework. there are plenty others who need WAY more help than he does.

Actually alot of the DLC heroes need more help than him but they wont do that.

Illyrian_King
03-04-2018, 12:41 AM
So far for this year he is just a counterer, but this isnt really all there is to a pole axe. The only he can do is try to counter everything.
So what can he do about a non attacking opponent? zero to non. He needs to have an offenesive attack.

So what i suggest:

1: give him a stance change like highlander. In this mode you turn the pole axe around and start to utilise your weapon. in this mode you can stab, smack, cut and trip the opponent with your hook and do the sweep the leg (execution move animation).
Within this mode your attacks are less telegraphed than the normal ones.

2: heavy into light. So your whole kit is about blocking and parrying. so if you miss a parry you are screwed and that is your whole set. set-up to be screwed. with a heavy to light you can at least make a last stand to the missed parry and surprise your opponent.

3: animation rework: as i said in point one and as been said countless times before. LB is to telegraphed and that will lead your counter hero into being countered (bit ironic)
so what could be done is an other animation to have less of that happening.

4: More moves: if your enemy decides to nothing you need tools to open him up and surprise him becouse currently he has nothing.

I think these are fair points and i hope you agree. if not please give you oppinion
For any addons please write them in the comments below.

That stuff with using the halberd/poleaxe as a spear in some kind of special stance is something i proposed many times and I am glad to see anybody else talking about this :cool:

It is also historically accurate to use "the most versatile weapon" in more then one way.

Lawbee should have had that stuff with the offensive and defensive stance and not Highlander!

High-Horse
03-04-2018, 04:07 AM
I actually really like these ideas. All he's got going for him is Block Shove and turtling, no one likes either of those things. Giving him a Versatile Stance sounds much better to fight against than staring contests and trying to dodge lights and GBs off of a block.

kanuzira
03-04-2018, 09:33 PM
I actually really like these ideas. All he's got going for him is Block Shove and turtling, no one likes either of those things. Giving him a Versatile Stance sounds much better to fight against than staring contests and trying to dodge lights and GBs off of a block.

Yeah, me to. I just want him to have to do something else than a staring contest.

UbiInsulin
03-04-2018, 10:08 PM
I'll pass these suggestions along! This would be a really interesting way for LBs to switch it up.

WarGods1
03-04-2018, 11:13 PM
I really like your suggestions. LB really needs some offensive attacks, especially when your facing players that turtle. One thing i don't understand is why his side lights are almost as slow as his heavys.

Titanodragon
03-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Im likeing these ideas.

kanuzira
03-16-2018, 11:20 PM
Added one new idea

Ulrichvonbek111
03-16-2018, 11:49 PM
Please don't add insult to injury.
I've never ever recently met a Lawbringer that doesn't exploit the push,grab,hit,push,grab,smash,hit,smash,grab,push, hit f'in throw ya off a wall,push,smash,hit,grab,hit sh!t carry on move.
Then they get their little pony out and spam that too as if they've actually achieved something other than exposing how pathetic they f'in are.

Jarl.Felix
03-17-2018, 12:45 AM
I never understood why fanboiiis always think reworking a character must always means buffing their chars and giving them fancy op moves...

Devs already do this, due to their lack of vision, can we atleast be better than this and come with fair down/up points ?

kanuzira
03-17-2018, 06:41 AM
I've never ever recently met a Lawbringer that doesn't exploit the push,grab,hit,push,grab,smash,hit,smash,grab,push, hit f'in throw ya off a wall,push,smash,hit,grab,hit sh!t carry on move.
Then they get their little pony out and spam that too as if they've actually achieved something other than exposing how pathetic they f'in are.

It seems that you are not a very good counterer and that you dont play high tier

kanuzira
03-17-2018, 06:43 AM
I never understood why fanboiiis always think reworking a character must always means buffing their chars and giving them fancy op moves...

Devs already do this, due to their lack of vision, can we atleast be better than this and come with fair down/up points ?

This is to give equal oppertunity and to make fights more interesting

Arekonator
03-17-2018, 12:12 PM

Just roll away, lol.