PDA

View Full Version : Since 4v4 is unplayable, give us more viable 2v2 modes

swiss_soldier_1
03-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Most of us agree, since S5 started 4v4 modes are pure cancer, with tons of unblockables, ganking and feats.

My favourite mode is brawl, but normally after a match or 2 players leave so I'm forced to get into matchmacking once again, and I'm stuck in an endless cicle of playing a ~5 minutes match and then matchmaking again and (infinite) loading screen again.

So, give us more viable 2v2 game modes! Does DANCE OF DEATH ring a bell?? Longer, funnier, it's the perfect game mode to get into fights (2v2 fights which are also my favourites) that don't last 30 seconds, all while not having to deal with a third or fourth player coming from behind with a charged unblockable or a catapult hitting your head.

I'm actually sick of playing, I'm just waiting for dance of death to be back.

It's not like you didn't already create it.... just put it back into the game! Everybody loved it! Why would you take it away? Doesn't make any sense

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 03:51 PM
I think the reason these modes are put in as temporary events is because permanent modes will just divide the player base even more, making matchmaking times longer, which is an issue on PC apparently.

I personally would like more PvAI modes that are challenging, maybe a wave after wave type mode, survival. Not difficult like killing a bot with 2500 HP that can kill you in 3 hits... That's just tedious.

Alustar.
03-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Lol 4v4 modes aren't unplayable.

swiss_soldier_1
03-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Survival would be cool, but fearing to split the player base shouldn't be a concern. One of the very first reasons the player base is small is the lack of game modes. And on console there is no such problem so just give us more game modes!

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 04:04 PM

Eh, A LOT of 4v4 players including myself are tired of the hero-stacking unblockable spam, and feat spam that completely ruins it. I wont say unplayable, but 4v4's have been ruined this season with the unblockable spam.... When 4v4's were already in a bad enough place due to sprinting attacks being initiated from neutral, and unstoppable feats.

Seriously, try to fight a team of 4 Shamans/Conqs/Lawbro/Highlander and see how unstoppable they are when they focus on one person... Dominion has turned to skirmish, with an occasional side of stopping what you're doing to cap a point every few teamwipes... You can just flood your score by getting kill and ignoring points.

The other day before I decided I was done with 4v4's, my team had 3 points capped the entire match, but we lost EVERY group fight that happened.... The enemy captured 1 or 2 points throughout the match and was able to keep up with ease and win even though they ignored points and did nothing but killed people.... That is ridiculous.

swiss_soldier_1
03-03-2018, 04:51 PM

so a lot of players are leaving just because ?

i got sick of for honor in its current state and sadly im not coming back until dance of death is reimplemented (or new interesting game modes)

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 05:04 PM
I don't think its unplayable, but it has taken a bad turn since season 5, like BTT said its just skirmish now, holding zones/boosting zones should give you more points that ganking all match.

Some of the Dom maps are to blame as well, they are so small that you can just gank squad and be fast enough to hold all zones while staying in a pack the whole game.

Devils-_-legacy
03-03-2018, 05:11 PM
It can be a abit of a joke at times on dominon

Alustar.
03-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Dominion matches suffer because of small maps that constrict player options and allow for roaming death squads. Larger maps get chosen less from what I've seen because of this.
You don't see this problem in tribute until either the timer is running out or the team is capping at two offerings.
If you notice the opposing team resorting to grouping up, just disperse and regroup. Very few players actually try and coordinate their offense to counter. So stop blaming the other team for it paying you.

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 07:00 PM
Dominion matches suffer because of small maps that constrict player options and allow for roaming death squads. Larger maps get chosen less from what I've seen because of this.
You don't see this problem in tribute until either the timer is running out or the team is capping at two offerings.
If you notice the opposing team resorting to grouping up, just disperse and regroup. Very few players actually try and coordinate their offense to counter. So stop blaming the other team for it paying you.

Thats another issue with dominion, but hardly offends as much as snowballing with feats, also (to a lesser extent) gear stats and hero stacking from what I've seen, heard and experienced.

Devils-_-legacy
03-03-2018, 07:12 PM
In my personal experience and imo it's there poor matchmaking system that paired the wrong people together if they fixed there matchmaking and balanced a game better some of the snowballing would stop put pre mades vs pre mades low rep and skill vs low rep and skill randoms vs randoms.
The amount of times ive been put into a game weres there just brand new players or people miles ahead I don't think I've had a preppy balanced game in awhile

Netcode_err_404
03-03-2018, 08:00 PM
4v4 in this game was always bad.

Even if they claim it is their main focus/game's primarily mode, its bad designed, bad balanced and bad designed.

They tried to bypass a game's design issue adding more unblockables to pretty much every class, except 2-3 classes, that make them useless in 1v1 and 2v2 which is not a bifg deal, brawls and duels are empty anyway, and turtling is still the best choice.

When i heard about "reworks" i was exited, i mean, finally ubisoft hired a decent game designer to balance and rewrk this game.

LOL, all they did is giving moar UB's to the ones in more need of a help. It worked tho, i used to be the only kensei in duel, now is basically a kensei fest, that play him like they played warden, turtling and spamming UB that give them an opportunity to deal damage.

Its not like i expected less from FH, but i was really shocked when i discovered this notorius rework, was just adding more UB and UB + hyper armor.

At this point i think the best mode is the one against campaign's bot.

I understand they needed an easy and quick way to try to bring some of the vanillas, to the godly lvl of the dlc's, and why actually reworking the game, when you can just add more UB's ? I expect pk's UB's and orochi Ub's will come soon.

Im lucky that i quit this game ( still play a couple of match every now and then) otherwise, i would be saltier than dead sea at this point xD

swiss_soldier_1
03-08-2018, 09:26 PM
up

Card1acArrest
03-08-2018, 11:43 PM
I disagree.

4v4 is rewarding.

i sucked at first. i got my Valkyrie to rep 8 and finally mastered her well.

I got my Orochi to rep 6 now and finally turned the corner; Shaman doesnt make me blink any more nor other classes. i keep dying though.

i often score less because my team is off ganking or dying at enemy home base, overextending. while i hold home base pr support B when nobody cares.

sometimes i do quite well with a lot of points.

sometimes i always pull the short straw as my team cant do a 1v1 or 3v2 or wv1 our favour.

4v4 is difficult to master and i meet ppl who do too well. today a conq who played 2 games like 14-1 and just left it was too easy for him.

so be it.