PDA

View Full Version : Highlander issues and other things.

RenegadeTX2000
03-03-2018, 12:00 PM
I like the changes made to him so far but his defensive stance is close to useless in terms of risk vs reward. Celtic curse is nice where it's at but i still find times where i go for it and it completely whiffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vwP-Vh3fF4

Then in offensive stance the lights will whiff even when it tracks and when it does track it whiffs right in front of the persons face point blank... i think offense lights need a slight increase in how much distance it covers so it's more consistent in landing.

His defense stance, he needs some type of foot stomp opener which confirms into offensive light that could get his offense going, 500ms start up that if you whiff, it's just as much lag as missing a caber toss so people that try and rely on it won't get far, and the reward for landing it isn't minimal for 10dmg on OF light. It will also help him deal with people that's in his face PK/Berserker that completely shut him down when they are close up in his face. Also his offense unblockable should have armor so he can actually use that in 1v2 1v3 scenarios and the unblockable to kick mix up would actually be useful rather then the same kick to grab mix up...

I don't think Berserker needs armor on his 400ms lights, it's kinda ridiculous. Also why are we giving fast characters armor while slower characters can't even use them for the life of them? Highlander, Lawbringer, Shugoki, Warlord are the only characters deserving of armor on majority of their moves. Berserker over here has it on his lights, heavies, unblockables. It's just too much.

Conqueror Zone is the safest BS i've seen.

Kenseis zone doesn't make any sense... The man literally roller bounces full screen and hits you, it needs a range reduction. Even watching the animation doesn't make hardly any sense, he literally does a moon walk.

Unlock tech is cancer.

back dodge meta is cancer.

I can show clips of highlander whiffing OF light point blank, but yeah it's just terrible. Moves that I should be hitting with don't register. Slight increase in range should do the trick while keeping it's same intended balance of the move.

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 04:14 PM
I like the changes made to him so far but his defensive stance is close to useless in terms of risk vs reward. Celtic curse is nice where it's at but i still find times where i go for it and it completely whiffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vwP-Vh3fF4

Then in offensive stance the lights will whiff even when it tracks and when it does track it whiffs right in front of the persons face point blank... i think offense lights need a slight increase in how much distance it covers so it's more consistent in landing.

His defense stance, he needs some type of foot stomp opener which confirms into offensive light that could get his offense going, 500ms start up that if you whiff, it's just as much lag as missing a caber toss so people that try and rely on it won't get far, and the reward for landing it isn't minimal for 10dmg on OF light. It will also help him deal with people that's in his face PK/Berserker that completely shut him down when they are close up in his face. Also his offense unblockable should have armor so he can actually use that in 1v2 1v3 scenarios and the unblockable to kick mix up would actually be useful rather then the same kick to grab mix up...

I don't think Berserker needs armor on his 400ms lights, it's kinda ridiculous. Also why are we giving fast characters armor while slower characters can't even use them for the life of them? Highlander, Lawbringer, Shugoki, Warlord are the only characters deserving of armor on majority of their moves. Berserker over here has it on his lights, heavies, unblockables. It's just too much.

Conqueror Zone is the safest BS i've seen.

Kenseis zone doesn't make any sense... The man literally roller bounces full screen and hits you, it needs a range reduction. Even watching the animation doesn't make hardly any sense, he literally does a moon walk.

Unlock tech is cancer.

back dodge meta is cancer.

I can show clips of highlander whiffing OF light point blank, but yeah it's just terrible. Moves that I should be hitting with don't register. Slight increase in range should do the trick while keeping it's same intended balance of the move.

I can agree with this post 100% of the way through. I was just playing Kensei the other day, threw a zone and hit someone with the extra foot of hitbox his weapon has lol. Ive yet to see a Highlander whiff that move, but I dont play him so.

Back Dodge when OOS needs nerfing hard.

Unlock tech, also need-be-gone

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 04:56 AM
I can agree with this post 100% of the way through. I was just playing Kensei the other day, threw a zone and hit someone with the extra foot of hitbox his weapon has lol. Ive yet to see a Highlander whiff that move, but I dont play him so.

Back Dodge when OOS needs nerfing hard.

Unlock tech, also need-be-gone

That offensive light whiffing for no reason. Finally caught it on video lol. Perfect example...

https://youtu.be/I_OTPWYn5x0?t=80

Someone explain to me why this whiffed point blank in his face? Why lol... All characters deserve to be consistent on the moves they perform.

DoodTheMan
03-08-2018, 08:09 AM
It makes me laugh that the move where he spins in a circle like a helicopter can track you around corners, but the moves where he just stands still has tracking so bad they can't hit.

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 10:08 AM
It makes me laugh that the move where he spins in a circle like a helicopter can track you around corners, but the moves where he just stands still has tracking so bad they can't hit.

lmao. Run attack and offensive light. Those 2 moves need a serious look at in terms of being more potent. Like, come on... Point blank whiff.... w t f lol it only does 10dmg. at least let me land it.

Mikesf46
03-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Just no. HL has stupid tracking through most of his move set. I have had him track me on side dodges 190 degrees. And he can hit from nearly a mile out. No. He is stupid strong ATM.

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Just no. HL has stupid tracking through most of his move set. I have had him track me on side dodges 190 degrees. And he can hit from nearly a mile out. No. He is stupid strong ATM.

Yes. Moves should perform how they are meant to. Also he's not even all that great compared to the S class.

Mikesf46
03-08-2018, 08:03 PM
So we all need to suffer through more buffs to an already over buffed hero cause sometimes you whiff a light? No thanks.....

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 08:07 PM
So we all need to suffer through more buffs to an already over buffed hero cause sometimes you whiff a light? No thanks.....

nobody needs to suffer... your skills are the only things suffering though since you put HL on such a high pedestal.

BarbeQMichael
03-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Wish they could fix the kick too, everytime I kick the enemy too far to hit with the followup or especially if they can somehow parry the heavy after kick and then proceed to kill me just makes me die a little inside.

Someone actually thinks highlander is good or even op? First time for everything I guess..

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Wish they could fix the kick too, everytime I kick the enemy too far to hit with the followup or especially if they can somehow parry the heavy after kick and then proceed to kill me just makes me die a little inside.

Yeah I found that strange.. There are times where if I land kick and go immediately into Baylors might, I get parried for it. I actually caught that on tape as well...

Found it...

https://youtu.be/JqFVQx04rTU?t=42

Explain that^^^ lmao

SOMEBODY explain these things to me. I want archdukeinstinct to come in here gracefully and explain this... lol

BarbeQMichael
03-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Yeah I found that strange.. There are times where if I land kick and go immediately into Baylors might, I get parried for it. I actually caught that on tape as well... Let me find it

I got it too today when I was finally recording, strange as it should be guaranteed so you naturally throw and not think that it would actually get you killed.

Mikesf46
03-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Claiming it's my skill level or that nobody thinks he's op. Doesn't change a thing. Don't attack the person. Attack the argument. Unless of course you don't have one. Which I suspect is the case.

He simply has too much range and stupid tracking. It's simply why you see so many out there. In fact I'm guessing it's why you two play him as well. Just cause a snowflake gets upset cause ALL his attacks don't lock on from a mile away and track around freaking corners than changes must be made!? No....

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Claiming it's my skill level or that nobody thinks he's op. Doesn't change a thing. Don't attack the person. Attack the argument. Unless of course you don't have one. Which I suspect is the case.

He simply has too much range and stupid tracking. It's simply why you see so many out there. In fact I'm guessing it's why you two play him as well. Just cause a snowflake gets upset cause ALL his attacks don't lock on from a mile away and track around freaking corners than changes must be made!? No....

if he didn't have range and tracking what would he have? lol

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 08:32 PM
All I ever hear is nerfs to what makes a character at least decent... The only things that need a nerf are moves with absolutely no risk, and all kinds of reward. As long as it has risk, it's not OP.

Gladiator Zone I'm looking at you... lol

EDIT::::::

before somebody wants to mention if it has risk and not op etc... I'm talking about moves like glad zone, conq shield bash and zone...

This game is all about the least amount of risk and the most amount of reward you can possibly get.

Anything Highlander does exposes him to a murder charge. He has to go all in or he's getting scrapped. and if he didn't have range he would get beat out by moves that are faster then him with equal range. He's slow... Slow characters need at least something or it will be the "fast meta" like every other fighter ever...

BarbeQMichael
03-08-2018, 08:36 PM

Yeah this is just something ridiculous, as you first need to dodge the bash, and then block/parry, but anyone with slow dodge recoveries can't change the guard for the block because the followup is only 600ms

Kahuf1
03-08-2018, 10:25 PM
For me Highlander needs something in his def stance... like give him move like push enemy with 1 hand away? In def stance he have his sword on or near his shoulder and hold it with 2 hands. He in real definitly could perform something like off stance emote and free hand push enemy away little bit. Unblocable move with no hyperarmour, no damage on it, no guaranted damage after, maybe little stamina damage, but can be fast flow to off stance.

RenegadeTX2000
03-08-2018, 11:15 PM
For me Highlander needs something in his def stance... like give him move like push enemy with 1 hand away? In def stance he have his sword on or near his shoulder and hold it with 2 hands. He in real definitly could perform something like off stance emote and free hand push enemy away little bit. Unblocable move with no hyperarmour, no damage on it, no guaranted damage after, maybe little stamina damage, but can be fast flow to off stance.

His defensive stance is garbage in comparison to offense stance... Defensive stance as a whole is a big gimmick nobody wants to be in. The longer you are in defense stance, the quicker you are to losing all matches lol

Sauronbaine
03-09-2018, 01:33 AM
All I ever hear is nerfs to what makes a character at least decent... The only things that need a nerf are moves with absolutely no risk, and all kinds of reward. As long as it has risk, it's not OP.

EDIT::::::

before somebody wants to mention if it has risk and not op etc... I'm talking about moves like glad zone, conq shield bash and zone...

This game is all about the least amount of risk and the most amount of reward you can possibly get.

Anything Highlander does exposes him to a murder charge. He has to go all in or he's getting scrapped. and if he didn't have range he would get beat out by moves that are faster then him with equal range. He's slow... Slow characters need at least something or it will be the "fast meta" like every other fighter ever...

We've explained this before.

Conq Shield bash ISN'T safe. ((Dodge attacks and people with a decent recovery on dodge.[Honestly dont know the recovery, just know Centurion can't do it, but others can.] His shield UPPERCUT is.

RenegadeTX2000
03-09-2018, 02:10 AM
We've explained this before.

Conq Shield bash ISN'T safe. ((Dodge attacks and people with a decent recovery on dodge.[Honestly dont know the recovery, just know Centurion can't do it, but others can.] His shield UPPERCUT is.

that's character opinion.

Highlander, Shugoki, Warlord, are the 3 that get absolutely nothing if they dodge it. It's free everytime in terms of avoiding it and getting a free punish... Any move that invalidates a character should be looked at, it ruins balance...

Conq zone also invalidates certain characters.

PK invalidates just by looking at you...

Glad zone invalidates lol.

Any single move that can just pin you down is just too much...

Also Option Selects is pretty insane with zones.

Kensei, Berserker, PK, Warden, Conqeuror, Shaman.... Orochi lol.

Having an option select is game breaking in competitive play and can change the course of a match up to it's core.

Conqeuror shield bash should be universally punished the same way Warlords headbutt is punished.

EDIT:

I forgot Centurion... lol that man is garbage now.

RenegadeTX2000
03-09-2018, 03:40 AM

I've given this post some thought... I actually think it would fit in his kit really well and the identity of the "defensive form." Make it operate the same as Lawbringers shove on block, but instead of getting a free attack in he would push you into a neutral state to where he can fast flow into offense stance so the characters that try and overwhelm him by preventing him from entering offense stance he could block his way into the move.

Highlander shove on block in defense form that fast flows into offense form that creates neutral distance like going for a counter guard break. It would look something like this.

https://youtu.be/NQ62frK74u0?t=223

Sauronbaine
03-09-2018, 04:49 AM
that's character opinion.

Highlander, Shugoki, Warlord, are the 3 that get absolutely nothing if they dodge it. It's free everytime in terms of avoiding it and getting a free punish... Any move that invalidates a character should be looked at, it ruins balance...

Conq zone also invalidates certain characters.

PK invalidates just by looking at you...

Glad zone invalidates lol.

Any single move that can just pin you down is just too much...

Also Option Selects is pretty insane with zones.

Kensei, Berserker, PK, Warden, Conqeuror, Shaman.... Orochi lol.

Having an option select is game breaking in competitive play and can change the course of a match up to it's core.

Conqeuror shield bash should be universally punished the same way Warlords headbutt is punished.

EDIT:

I forgot Centurion... lol that man is garbage now.

then every character is gonna be pretty much exactly the same. Everyone dodges the same, etc etc. Thats not what the designers wanted.

RenegadeTX2000
03-09-2018, 07:59 AM
then every character is gonna be pretty much exactly the same. Everyone dodges the same, etc etc. Thats not what the designers wanted.

No, i'm not trying to jeopardize a characters uniqueness.. it's just this game needs better universal changes. I think better chip damage on block would be the next best thing... Before you quote me on it and say it would make 4v4's more cancerous. No it would give characters that don't have unblockables something to work with. Right now it's all about if your character has speed and unblockables and the quality of the unblockables your character possesses. If you don't have unblockables you need some type of synergy plan or great flanking potential like PK that can glide undetected for years perfectly for Shaman combos...

But for shield bash, it just invalidates certain characters and it just hurts the flow of the game... Invalidating moves should not exist in this game, I personally feel it's bad design. Conq Shield bash, Gladiator Zone, conq zone option select, PK zone option select, etc. just invalidates man lol.

Kensei your main if I remember... I feel like he's okay but his 3 mile zone and his dodge attack that grants him ultra instinct is kinda crazy lol. Kensei easily has one of the best dodge attacks in the game where he can delay the dodge attack to see if the opponent has truly committed to attacking kensei, and the moment Kensei realizes this he lets the dodge attack fly last moment or he can just avoid the bait by not going for dodge attack.

I feel his Dodge attack should be committed to the moment he dodges. Not just dodge and then decide to attack 3 hours later granting him another dodge that flows into everything he does. That kinda invalidates but it's not on gladiator zone or conq shield bash scale.

Dry.Fish
03-09-2018, 09:04 AM
Please learn how to mix it up between offense and defense, because it's so boring playing HL that just spam their 3 UB.

Kahuf1
03-09-2018, 09:14 AM
I've given this post some thought... I actually think it would fit in his kit really well and the identity of the "defensive form." Make it operate the same as Lawbringers shove on block, but instead of getting a free attack in he would push you into a neutral state to where he can fast flow into offense stance so the characters that try and overwhelm him by preventing him from entering offense stance he could block his way into the move.

Highlander shove on block in defense form that fast flows into offense form that creates neutral distance like going for a counter guard break. It would look something like this.

https://youtu.be/NQ62frK74u0?t=223

PERFECT EXAMPLE on youtube by Achiles. Thx.

I rly think this highlanders "push" perfectly fit into his kit.

Push without damage, guaranted damage, just highlander can only fast flow to offencive stance and make distance.