PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Tirik22x
03-03-2018, 12:12 AM
Ok... so I recently decided to take up Centurion (yes I know heís underpowered at the moment). I have no gear, and bc of my match making, im out against decent players.

An Aramusha killed me in TWO HITS!!!!!!! From FULL HEALTH!!!!

Gfys Ubi. GFYS! Unbalanced loving pieces of turd!!!! GFYS

Hereís my health after the 2nd hit, from 100% to this: https://ibb.co/ennriS

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 12:16 AM
Ok... so I recently decided to take up Centurion (yes I know he’s underpowered at the moment). I have no gear, and bc of my match making, im out against decent players.

An Aramusha killed me in TWO HITS!!!!!!! From FULL HEALTH!!!!

Gfys Ubi. GFYS! Unbalanced loving pieces of chit!!!! GFYS

Did this happen in 4v4's? I assume he hit you with 2 top heavys

Tirik22x
03-03-2018, 12:17 AM
Did this happen in 4v4's? I assume he hit you with 2 top heavys

Yup. And yup.

Vakris_One
03-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Stacking attack stats + defence penetration = FUBAR on low gear levels. If this was also Tribute and his team had the attack buff then doubly so.

Tirik22x
03-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Stacking attack stats + defence penetration = FUBAR on low gear levels. If this was also Tribute and his team had the attack buff then doubly so.

Thatís kinda my point... other than heís OP AF.

They need to rework the system. I canít compete against ppl that can kill in two hits.

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Gear stats op af plz remove Ubi (I honestly dont know what to tell you, I know it doesnt feel good but I honestly think this is just a gear issue and not a character issue, that combo is supposed to hit very hard but its also very easy to avoid)

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 01:51 AM
I agree with a lot of the ideas swimming around the forums on how to improve the game, but gear stats I would like to stay, switch them around, change them, but keep them.

Block damage should definitely be changed, its almost as neglected as debuff resistance and revive speed.

Arekonator
03-03-2018, 02:29 AM
I agree with a lot of the ideas swimming around the forums on how to improve the game, but gear stats I would like to stay, switch them around, change them, but keep them.

Block damage should definitely be changed, its almost as neglected as debuff resistance and revive speed.

Debuff resistance and revive speed is neglected where? Both are are pretty important. High debuff resistance can almost negate all bleeds that are running rampant and revive speed gives you ability to bring back teammate in one second or less, which is imensely powerfull.

RoosterIlluzion
03-03-2018, 02:55 AM

Gear stats op af plz remove Ubi (I honestly dont know what to tell you, I know it doesnt feel good but I honestly think this is just a gear issue and not a character issue, that combo is supposed to hit very hard but its also very easy to avoid)

Gear stats only op against anyone less than 2 Rep, really. I don't think we should have gear stats at all just different looking gear. Same health, damage, and stamina for every hero.
The Op didn't die from Aramusha's combo, it was just 2 heavies. No one can die from Aramusha's combo, even level 1, Rep 0, since it alternates light and heavy.

Tirik22x
03-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Gear stats only op against anyone less than 2 Rep, really. I don't think we should have gear stats at all just different looking gear. Same health, damage, and stamina for every hero.
The Op didn't die from Aramusha's combo, it was just 2 heavies. No one can die from Aramusha's combo, even level 1, Rep 0, since it alternates light and heavy.

My Cent was lvl 7 Rep 0, and yes, the combo dropped me to around 2% health. You could barely see it, it was so low.

Iím not saying to get rid of gear stats at all, but figuring out a way to lvl new heros without being severely crippled, would be ideal.

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Debuff resistance and revive speed is neglected where? Both are are pretty important. High debuff resistance can almost negate all bleeds that are running rampant and revive speed gives you ability to bring back teammate in one second or less, which is imensely powerfull.

Usually reviving doesn't need to be rushed and a 3 second revive is more than sufficient, maybe every 3 or 4 games it will come down to getting a revive in under a second, but I don't think its worth it. I rather just kill my enemy and revive after.

Debuff is never as low as possible for me, but not as important as the other 2 stats you can pick from, like you said, it basically only helps with bleeds. While the other 2 stats help with all opponents, so yeah, block damage is useless and revive and debuff aren't far behind, all the other stats are more important.

Tirik22x
03-03-2018, 03:32 PM
It happened again. Granted I was pissing around on a ballista, lol but still. He hits me so damn hard. Itís crazy.

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 03:40 PM
It happened again. Granted I was pissing around on a ballista, lol but still. He hits me so damn hard. Itís crazy.

I hate Aramusha too, such a cheesy class on console. Unblockables that can be feinted last second into a fast light, pretty annoying.

Tirik22x
03-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Hereís a pic of my health after the 2nd hit. I went from 100% to this: https://ibb.co/ennriS

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 03:57 PM

Ive never liked gear stats and the whole point of removing gear is to make things less frustrating to new players and people leveling new characters, the plus side to gear stats is far over-shadowed by the inconveniences it causes.... Nothing about gear feels good.... Now I'm not saying we should just outright remove it, but gear should be applied elsewhere outside of casual play.... Though, stats do need to be adjusted.

Top tier gear should give a max of 10% attack and 10% defense

Lowest tier gear should give a max of 5-6% attack and defense....

The differences should NOT be what they are now: 20% more attack on top tier gear, 1% more attack on low tier gear.

Sneakly20
03-03-2018, 04:19 PM
I hate Aramusha too, such a cheesy class on console. Unblockables that can be feinted last second into a fast light, pretty annoying.

Weíre talking about aramusha? Cheesy on console on lower tier maybe. But any follow up with his combo gets parried be it a light heavy or a deadly fight. What caught me off guard is you saying unblockables. He has two unblockables that can lead to a light. Either a zone feint or the ( twin vipers is it called?) soft feint light from the unblockable via blade blockade. Anyway back on topic. I main aramusha with my attack power and penetration through the roof. Neglecting the other stats( which has been previously addressed as a problem) the two heavy hits for ridiculous damage. The first is the basic heavy and the follow up will literally kill you if you have 2 bars or even a little more or less depending on build. The best I can tell you is a block because thereís nothing more infuriating sitting in revenge in dom and getting every attack blocked no matter how hard you try. In all seriousness block and get ready for a parry. Blocking literally shuts aramusha down in any situation.

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Ive never liked gear stats and the whole point of removing gear is to make things less frustrating to new players and people leveling new characters, the plus side tpossible. tats is far over-shadowed by the inconveniences it causes.... Nothing about gear feels good.... Now I'm not saying we should just outright remove it, but gear should be applied elsewhere outside of casual play.... Though, stats do need to be adjusted.

Top tier gear should give a max of 10% attack and 10% defense

Lowest tier gear should give a max of 5-6% attack and defense....

The differences should NOT be what they are now: 20% more attack on top tier gear, 1% more attack on low tier gear.

I like them because you can strengthen your weaknesses by jacking up certain stats, for instance, I play HL so I put my stamina cost recovery and exhaustion recovery as high as possible, I always use the feat for fast stamina recovery so stamina regen doesn't have to be high.

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Weíre talking about aramusha? Cheesy on console on lower tier maybe. But any follow up with his combo gets parried be it a light heavy or a deadly fight. What caught me off guard is you saying unblockables. He has two unblockables that can lead to a light. Either a zone feint or the ( twin vipers is it called?) soft feint light from the unblockable via blade blockade. Anyway back on topic. I main aramusha with my attack power and penetration through the roof. Neglecting the other stats( which has been previously addressed as a problem) the two heavy hits for ridiculous damage. The first is the basic heavy and the follow up will literally kill you if you have 2 bars or even a little more or less depending on build. The best I can tell you is a block because thereís nothing more infuriating sitting in revenge in dom and getting every attack blocked no matter how hard you try. In all seriousness block and get ready for a parry. Blocking literally shuts aramusha down in any situation.

When I had my 150 MB/sec internet I could block Aramusha light spam pretty consistently, I've moved since then and internet at that speed is no longer available, since I've moved I find the Aramusha more annoying that ever, no one does his light infinite chain, its all lights and feints and hard to react to, especially the heavy that seems to slow right down before it hits you and is feinted to a light.

So with a good connection, sure, just block. With crappy internet, he's pretty annoying to fight though and not everyone has access to fibre op, I wasn't asking for a nerf, just saying he's annoying.

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 04:46 PM
I like them because you can strengthen your weaknesses by jacking up certain stats, for instance, I play HL so I put my stamina cost recovery and exhaustion recovery as high as possible, I always use the feat for fast stamina recovery so stamina regen doesn't have to be high.

Is that really worth alienating new players from learning the game? How do you think a new Nobushi player would feel running into me in 4v4's knowing nothing about this game, its his first 4v4 match and he finds out this rep 13 Nobushi can kill him in 1 less hit than usual, and it takes her 1-2 more hits than usual... Giving that kind of advantage to players who are already good at the game is not okay.... Im sure most would agree on that.... (Im on PC where MMR is non-existent due to the low amount of players, I run into brand new players and top tier players alike.)

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Is that really worth alienating new players from learning the game? How do you think a new Nobushi player would feel running into me in 4v4's knowing nothing about this game, its his first 4v4 match and he finds out this rep 13 Nobushi can kill him in 1 less hit than usual, and it takes her 1-2 more hits than usual... Giving that kind of advantage to players who are already good at the game is not okay.... Im sure most would agree on that.... (Im on PC where MMR is non-existent due to the low amount of players, I run into brand new players and top tier players alike.)

That seems like more of a platform issue though, I rarely ever see new or the low skilled tier players on ps4, I'm always fighting against people my skill level, and when I fight against players that it says I'm Higher ^^ skilled than, I usually wreck regardless of their gear, they miss parries, bite on feints, fall for the same tactics over and over, throw out easy to parry heavies again and again, even attacking while exhausted, I doubt me not having having 6 - 8 more damage on my hardest hitting attack is going to be a game changer for them.

There are duels and brawls you can play without gear stats until you get at least some gear and learn your character if you can't handle PvP 4v4, you can even play PvAI and gear up.

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 06:46 PM
That seems like more of a platform issue though, I rarely ever see new or the low skilled tier players on ps4, I'm always fighting against people my skill level, and when I fight against players that it says I'm Higher ^^ skilled than, I usually wreck regardless of their gear, they miss parries, bite on feints, fall for the same tactics over and over, throw out easy to parry heavies again and again, even attacking while exhausted, I doubt me not having having 6 - 8 more damage on my hardest hitting attack is going to be a game changer for them.

My Nobushi definitely gets more than 8 damage vs a non geared player on my loadout, especially with defense penetration. Regardless of what you call it, the "platform" issue (Which I also see happen on PS4 to my brother, regularly) is caused by a low playerbase. A low playerbase is caused by multiple bad decisions in game design, one of the worst offenders is giving already good players (Who have an advantage already, just by being good) even more of an advantage by having better gear, making you (The new player, or the guy playing a new hero) at a disadvantage.... While it might not be a "Game changer" its still another problem with the games already steep enough learning curve.

There are duels and brawls you can play without gear stats until you get at least some gear and learn your character if you can't handle PvP 4v4, you can even play PvAI and gear up.

Everyone knows duels and brawls are not a viable option for anything outside of fighting for fun. Bad steel farm, bad xp farm, nearly no rewards for winning....

PvAI to gear up is extremely boring, takes longer, and you dont even get to learn the effective way to play your hero cuz the AI just spams at you mindlessly.....

If you dont see how gear is a problem then I have no reason to continue going, lets just agree to disagree while the playerbase dies due to flawed designs such as gear (And feats, and slow development progression) but Ive stated multiple downsides, that far overshadow "I like buffing my strengths to be even more unstoppable" (Lul buffing highlanders exhaustion, why is that even an option)

I can assure you gear, feats, on top slow development are the three biggest offenders of why people quit playing. All of my friends who quit playing, quit playing because of gear and feats.. Everyone I've talked to that quit playing 4v4's quit playing them because of gear and feats. (Some even throw in Hero stacking)

Tirik22x
03-03-2018, 07:13 PM
When I had my 150 MB/sec internet I could block Aramusha light spam pretty consistently, I've moved since then and internet at that speed is no longer available, since I've moved I find the Aramusha more annoying that ever, no one does his light infinite chain, its all lights and feints and hard to react to, especially the heavy that seems to slow right down before it hits you and is feinted to a light.

So with a good connection, sure, just block. With crappy internet, he's pretty annoying to fight though and not everyone has access to fibre op, I wasn't asking for a nerf, just saying he's annoying.

I have a 200MBPS and I still have issues blocking him on Xbox. I can block, and CGB every lvl 3 bot in practice, but as soon as itís p2p, goodnight... totally different game.

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 07:25 PM
My Nobushi definitely gets more than 8 damage vs a non geared player on my loadout, especially with defense penetration. Regardless of what you call it, the "platform" issue (Which I also see happen on PS4 to my brother, regularly) is caused by a low playerbase. A low playerbase is caused by multiple bad decisions in game design, one of the worst offenders is giving already good players (Who have an advantage already, just by being good) even more of an advantage by having better gear, making you (The new player, or the guy playing a new hero) at a disadvantage.... While it might not be a "Game changer" its still another problem with the games already steep enough learning curve.

Everyone knows duels and brawls are not a viable option for anything outside of fighting for fun. Bad steel farm, bad xp farm, nearly no rewards for winning....

PvAI to gear up is extremely boring, takes longer, and you dont even get to learn the effective way to play your hero cuz the AI just spams at you mindlessly.....

If you dont see how gear is a problem then I have no reason to continue going, lets just agree to disagree while the playerbase dies due to flawed designs such as gear (And feats, and slow development progression) but Ive stated multiple downsides, that far overshadow "I like buffing my strengths to be even more unstoppable" (Lul buffing highlanders exhaustion, why is that even an option)

I can assure you gear, feats, on top slow development are the three biggest offenders of why people quit playing. All of my friends who quit playing, quit playing because of gear and feats.. Everyone I've talked to that quit playing 4v4's quit playing them because of gear and feats. (Some even throw in Hero stacking)

Last time an event was up on PS4 I completed one round and was in 70000th some place out of everyone, so ps4 does not have a player base problem.

As far as gearing up goes, there is multiple options to gear up, if you finish orders with the character you want to gear up with, it doesn't take long at all, in a week I got Cent to rep 4. That was by playing Dom PvP against the same players I fight with my rep 14 Kensei, rep 16 HL and rep 21 LB, so its far from impossible to level up not being geared, fighting people who are geared.

When I was talking about gear stats I actually said I would use the gear stats to strengthen his weaknesses, not buffing his strengths as you put it and if you're wondering why buffing exhaustion recovery is even an option, well with highlanders kit especially you tend to swing yourself exhausted pretty often, the faster I get it back, the faster I can fight again; he uses a ton of stamina for his mixups.

If your friends all quit because of gear stats, they must not have been very good, it doesn't take long to gear up and the only downside you really stated is when you first start using a character, it's slightly harder than it would be without gear stats. The feats I agree with you, they need to be changed.

BTTrinity
03-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Last time an event was up on PS4 I completed one round and was in 70000th some place out of everyone, so ps4 does not have a player base problem.

As far as gearing up goes, there is multiple options to gear up, if you finish orders with the character you want to gear up with, it doesn't take long at all, in a week I got Cent to rep 4. That was by playing Dom PvP against the same players I fight with my rep 14 Kensei, rep 16 HL and rep 21 LB, so its far from impossible to level up not being geared, fighting people who are geared.

When I was talking about gear stats I actually said I would use the gear stats to strengthen his weaknesses, not buffing his strengths as you put it and if you're wondering why buffing exhaustion recovery is even an option, well with highlanders kit especially you tend to swing yourself exhausted pretty often, the faster I get it back, the faster I can fight again; he uses a ton of stamina for his mixups.

If your friends all quit because of gear stats, they must not have been very good, it doesn't take long to gear up and the only downside you really stated is when you first start using a character, it's slightly harder than it would be without gear stats. The feats I agree with you, they need to be changed.

Thats my point, it puts off people who arent good at the game. Makes the learning process more frustrating and not worth it to a lot of people, I want the jump between gear to be not as significant since we all know its not going to be removed. For Honors learning curve is hard enough without having to worry about dying 20% faster and killing their opponent 20% slower.

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Thats my point, it puts off people who arent good at the game. Makes the learning process more frustrating and not worth it to a lot of people, I want the jump between gear to be not as significant since we all know its not going to be removed. For Honors learning curve is hard enough without having to worry about dying 20% faster and killing their opponent 20% slower.

Alright, we're arguing in circles here, I'm throwing in the towel, I already argued the counter point to this.