PDA

View Full Version : Centurion.

Trenk2009
03-02-2018, 09:24 PM
With the nerf he got and the new parrys, isn't the centurion kinda garbage now ?

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 09:27 PM
With the nerf he got and the new parrys, isn't the centurion kinda garbage now ?

I recently (yesterday) decided to make him my new project main.

Hes good at kicking ppl off ledges.

Other than that tho... garbage.

XJadeDragoonX
03-02-2018, 09:41 PM
I recently (yesterday) decided to make him my new project main.

Hes good at kicking ppl off ledges.

Other than that tho... garbage.

I respectfully disagree. Hes the only one who gets a free heavy off of a guard break. Against characters with reflex guard, it's 2 free heavies some of the time(because reflex guard is hot garbage). He still had the best wall splat in the game. He is great and taking away and keeping away stamina. Hes pretty relentless with his safe heavies and soft feint options. Solid A tier character.

Devils-_-legacy
03-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Every class gets a free heavy from gb?
And he's certainly not a tier before the parry changes but not now with no conformed gb from a parry he doesnt have easy access the much hated "cutscean" move

Kahuf1
03-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Every "parry guardbreaker" just cry... Cent have rly nice move set, can softfeints, wallsplat combo is still insane. Yea, he is harder to play then before, but this game shoul NOT be easy or here should not be easy to win heroes. My opinion as rep 12 Highlander (main before buff and nowdays too)

The_B0G_
03-02-2018, 11:19 PM
I respectfully disagree. Hes the only one who gets a free heavy off of a guard break. Against characters with reflex guard, it's 2 free heavies some of the time(because reflex guard is hot garbage). He still had the best wall splat in the game. He is great and taking away and keeping away stamina. Hes pretty relentless with his safe heavies and soft feint options. Solid A tier character.

Hmmm I have to disagree with pretty much everything here... He gets a free heavy, but his heavies are as weak as some of the strong light attacks of other characters, Kensei for example, his wall splat it ok if you have haymaker on, otherwise other heroes can do much more damage on a wall splat, and do it faster. His charged heavy soft feint into GB is good though, I agree there.

His "cut scene" combo isn't nearly as good as most people say considering the damage some heroes get off a wall splat and you need either a super telegraphed charged heavy or a wall splat to get it. You need to be very good at parrying to be effective with cent.

Sauronbaine
03-03-2018, 01:38 AM
Centurion is good at stomping noobs, but against anyone whos half decent, he fails. Hes easy to parry, easy to shut down. His HP is that of the Shinobi, so he has one of the LOWEST HPs in the game and his daamge is sub par.

Not to mention, no one falls for the guardbreak into GB((Again, noob stomper))

And the only way to ever get the wall splat combo is to do the parry, knee to face and PRAY it was close enough to the wall.

He's a very low B character, possibly high C. He's terrible against anyone with half a brain.

EvoX.
03-03-2018, 01:57 AM
He's C-tier, so... yeah, garbage.

no one falls for the guardbreak into GB

RIP GB flicker.

Sauronbaine
03-03-2018, 02:48 AM
He's C-tier, so... yeah, garbage.

RIP GB flicker.

Lol. I dont know if hes C tier... but he's still garbage against anyone half decent.

Dasteel1974
03-03-2018, 07:45 AM
Sorry but that is a garbage summation. I will agree that he is A tier if the A stands for Atrocious. His wall splat, which is easily the best thing that he has, is barely more than a single regular heavy from about every character in the game. He has the weakest heavies in the game and an extremely small moveset. I have said it many times. If you have a hard time against Centurion then your defense just sucks.

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 08:18 AM
I think cent got still the best heavy parry punish? Even though its no more 60dmg, its still 25 which is absurdly high when compared to normal heroes who get only light for 15dmg. He also still got his kicks and ub's to open up people, nice mixups, and ub sf into gb is extremely hard to counter. He is not bad, but he is also not so broken anymore.

Illuvatar__
03-03-2018, 08:36 AM
are u ppl serious?! Centurion is a garbage? with 3 garanted hit? Try to play a warlord, with only a light attack as garanted hit, even after the parry and shield counter u have only a light attack as garanted, then u seen what a real garbage is....

Sauronbaine
03-03-2018, 08:39 AM
I think cent got still the best heavy parry punish? Even though its no more 60dmg, its still 25 which is absurdly high when compared to normal heroes who get only light for 15dmg. He also still got his kicks and ub's to open up people, nice mixups, and ub sf into gb is extremely hard to counter. He is not bad, but he is also not so broken anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Kahuf1
03-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Every Centurion complain, if there some nerf on him...

Its rly funny someone can tell "in whole fight u cant get GB"... RLY FUNNY :D

I play against some Cents which finaly use his primary think for me: drain stamina and do presure to enemy. After GB he use his hilt stamina drain and good timing kicks. Try to learn something new "Cent is garbage" players...

Tyrjo
03-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Centurion is not garbage. Sure, the parry change did hurt him, but he still able to relentlessly attack and and stun people. Parry a Centurion? Why would you even risk that with his incredibly good soft feint into GB? He also has a very nice parry counter you can wall splat people with if you play smart.

KotoKuraken
03-03-2018, 08:42 AM

His feint into gb is not hard to counter, unless you're trying to parry his stuff. Just don't try to parry his heavies, they're not worth it since you only guarantee a light anymore.
His wallsplat: It's not that much damage, considering 95% of the cast do the same or even more damage than that. (Conq 63, Highlander confirming 40 and usually getting 80, Raider getting 90 between kick light and zone, Nobushi taking at least 60 with a bleed and a heavy, etc etc)

Cent does not guarantee punches, wallsplats (beyond the initial bump), kicks, heavies, etc etc. Even on a light parry, he can only guarantee an uncharged heavy, which is as good as doing a Kensei light attack. The only thing you'll be doing with Cent is trying to figure out how to mixup lights, heavies, and guardbreaks, and hoping to parry the opponent. But then again, if you were that good at parrying, you'd probably be playing Lawbringer, who has more health, more parry options, more damage, far more bashes with even more options than Cent. Or even better yet, you'd be playing Gladiator, who has dodge bashes and unblockable heavy feints every other hit, as well as an insanely quick unblockable toestab that can be used to stop even light attacks from connecting. Heck, if you want softfeints into guardbreak, go Peacekeeper, Shaman, or Kensei; they've got it, too, and they also have softfeint heavy into light attack

The whole point of that, is that everything Cent does, just about everyone does better with more damage. The only thing he really has going for him is pretty fast heavies, which I guess is useful for not getting punished as much on the offchance he does get parried for being too predictable.

Oh, did I mention? He has the exact same healthpool as Shinobi with none of the evasion tools. He is literally the most fragile hero in the game right now.

Sauronbaine
03-03-2018, 08:50 AM
Centurion is not garbage. Sure, the parry change did hurt him, but he still able to relentlessly attack and and stun people. Parry a Centurion? Why would you even risk that with his incredibly good soft feint into GB? He also has a very nice parry counter you can wall splat people with if you play smart.

Uh....

https://i.imgur.com/7j2xHaL.jpg

The soft feint into GB... that no one average and above falls for?

Yea ok. Hahahahaha.

Relentlessly attack and stun?????

WHat do you mean by this? Spamming heavys that get parried extremely easily???? WUT.

Sauronbaine
03-03-2018, 08:52 AM
His feint into gb is not hard to counter, unless you're trying to parry his stuff. Just don't try to parry his heavies, they're not worth it since you only guarantee a light anymore.
His wallsplat: It's not that much damage, considering 95% of the cast do the same or even more damage than that. (Conq 63, Highlander confirming 40 and usually getting 80, Raider getting 90 between kick light and zone, Nobushi taking at least 60 with a bleed and a heavy, etc etc)

Cent does not guarantee punches, wallsplats (beyond the initial bump), kicks, heavies, etc etc. Even on a light parry, he can only guarantee an uncharged heavy, which is as good as doing a Kensei light attack. The only thing you'll be doing with Cent is trying to figure out how to mixup lights, heavies, and guardbreaks, and hoping to parry the opponent. But then again, if you were that good at parrying, you'd probably be playing Lawbringer, who has more health, more parry options, more damage, far more bashes with even more options than Cent. Or even better yet, you'd be playing Gladiator, who has dodge bashes and unblockable heavy feints every other hit, as well as an insanely quick unblockable toestab that can be used to stop even light attacks from connecting. Heck, if you want softfeints into guardbreak, go Peacekeeper, Shaman, or Kensei; they've got it, too, and they also have softfeint heavy into light attack

The whole point of that, is that everything Cent does, just about everyone does better with more damage. The only thing he really has going for him is pretty fast heavies, which I guess is useful for not getting punished as much on the offchance he does get parried for being too predictable.

Oh, did I mention? He has the exact same healthpool as Shinobi with none of the evasion tools. He is literally the most fragile hero in the game right now.

This...

And wallsplatting RARELY ever happens, meaning everything hes based around is a gimmick that rarely happens.

Ill give him this... he's better in 4 v 4 then he is in duels. By FAR.

KotoKuraken
03-03-2018, 08:53 AM
are u ppl serious?! Centurion is a garbage? with 3 garanted hit? Try to play a warlord, with only a light attack as garanted hit, even after the parry and shield counter u have only a light attack as garanted, then u seen what a real garbage is....

Warlord gets a guaranteed top 25 from guardbreak, 35 from a wall. If you get them on a wall, you can also get a headbutt for another 17 damage. That's at least 52 damage, and Warlord still has insane moving with his guardbreak to where no wall is too far away. Warlord is in a good spot, especially since he's able to dish out insane counter attack damage with superior lights, hyperarmor heavies, heavy on full block, and packs a solid amount of health. Compared to Cent, Warlord is in a really good spot with a variety of vitality, countering tools, and safe moves

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 08:58 AM
His feint into gb is not hard to counter, unless you're trying to parry his stuff

Obviously for the regular heavies, but if he charges it to unblockable, it has to be either dodged or parried, both of which give free guardbreak if and when he feints into gb.

Not sure of conq, but highlander can only get the 40, raider gets only heavy for 40-45, not sure of nobushi too how much her bleed does. Fairly sure cent is still top tier with wallstuns

The only thing he really has going for him is pretty fast heavies,

Yeah, he has fastest lights and heavies in game, they are awesome. For example for the sole reason of getting heavy in from heavy parry.

Oh, did I mention? He has the exact same healthpool as Shinobi with none of the evasion tools. He is literally the most fragile hero in the game right now

Hp is more or less irrelevant in this game unless you are lawbringer, cent got for example only 15hp less than highlander or kensei, or 10 less than aramusha. It is only 1 light attack or less, so practically there is no difference.

KotoKuraken
03-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Obviously for the regular heavies, but if he charges it to unblockable, it has to be either dodged or parried, both of which give free guardbreak if and when he feints into gb.

Not sure of conq, but highlander can only get the 40, raider gets only heavy for 40-45, not sure of nobushi too how much her bleed does. Fairly sure cent is still top tier with wallstuns

Yeah, he has fastest lights and heavies in game, they are awesome. For example for the sole reason of getting heavy in from heavy parry.

Hp is more or less irrelevant in this game unless you are lawbringer, cent got for example only 15hp less than highlander or kensei, or 10 less than aramusha. It is only 1 light attack or less, so practically there is no difference.

No, Cent cannot feint his heavy into a guardbreak after it is unblockable. Once it goes unblockable, it's dedicated and you are safe to parry.

Yes, Raider does get way more than 45. Kick is 15, light is 15. His Zone off that light is 50. If he decides to go for a stunning tap instead or a parry, he gets even more. Conqueror can get two heavies off; with sides, he gets 25 and 30 for 55, with top he gets 33 and 30 for 63. Lawbringer can get over 60 by using his heavy Thomas the tank engine parry counter into top heavy on wallsplat into bash light or a double heavy with proper guard stance. Etc, etc, there are a bunch of heroes who can do much more on a wallsplat than Centurion can, but that would take far too long to list.

And HP IS relevant. Shinobi's health was buffed because he didn't have the kit to completely evade all damage. If Centurion doesn't have the kit to actually evade (as he has less health than assassins who actually have tools to evade attacks) then he would either need those tools or a health buff. It doesn't make sense that he shares the same healthpool as a long distance ninja that hyperarmor dodges and hyperarmor kicks his way through everything

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 09:22 AM
No, Cent cannot feint his heavy into a guardbreak after it is unblockable. Once it goes unblockable, it's dedicated and you are safe to parry.
When I am killed by cent's its mostly when they feint their UB into guardbreak, so I can definitely tell they can do it.

Yes, Raider does get way more than 45. Kick is 15, light is 15. His Zone off that light is 50. If he decides to go for a stunning tap instead or a parry, he gets even more.
Others I cannot confirm, but as a Raider main I can tell you that if you carry to wall, you get knee+light = 15 + 15=30 or if you throw to wall with optimal distance you can get heavy in which is 40-45. Nothing else. Zone is not guaranteed, just parry it, it is 1000ms so it just as easy to parry as HL heavy which is 1000ms too.

And HP IS relevant.
Look what I said above

KotoKuraken
03-03-2018, 09:30 AM
When I am killed by cent's its mostly when they feint their UB into guardbreak, so I can definitely tell they can do it.

Others I cannot confirm, but as a Raider main I can tell you that if you carry to wall, you get knee+light = 15 + 15=30 or if you throw to wall with optimal distance you can get heavy in which is 40-45. Nothing else. Zone is not guaranteed, just parry it, it is 1000ms so it just as easy to parry as HL heavy which is 1000ms too.

Look what I said above

No, you cannot feint Cent's unblockable into guardbreak. After 9 reps with him, I would know whether or not he would be able to. It cannot be feinted after it reaches the point of being unblockable, no matter what.

The Raider zone is added on top of your guaranteed damage, and the point is, you can feint it. So, you can either let it fly for 50, or you can parry your opponent's attempt at parrying it for another 45 guaranteed damage and another 50/50 with your zone to either let it fly or try for a feint.

Yes, health does matter. If it didn't there wouldn't be a reason for Shinobi receiving a health buff

Sauronbaine
03-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Cent CANNOT Feint the unblockable once hes in the animation of movement and you have 1-2 seconds to react to it. If you are being struck by the guard break, its because you are parrying WAY too soon and owuld have been struck by the unblockable anyway.

HP matters alot. It matters how much damage you can take before you die. Its why Gunmundr is one of hte most hated if not THE most hated Boss in Test Your Metal...

Because his HP is ridiculously high

If HP didn't matter, then everyone should have the same HP as a Warlord or a lawbringer... lol.

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 09:49 AM
No, you cannot feint Cent's unblockable into guardbreak.
Don't know if it is in his kit or are they just bug-abusing but i've fought dozens of centurions who can feint their unblockable into gb.

The Raider zone is added on top of your guaranteed damage
Why? It is not guaranteed, you dont any other characters non-guaranteed hits either into calculations so why would you add raiders?

KotoKuraken
03-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Don't know if it is in his kit or are they just bug-abusing but i've fought dozens of centurions who can feint their unblockable into gb.

Why? It is not guaranteed, you dont any other characters non-guaranteed hits either into calculations so why would you add raiders?

What you're seeing is lag. If you have super bad lag, it will look like it's unblockable when it's feinted at the precise time, but it's not. Shugoki can do it as well if you have super bad lag and they, again, time it to cancel at a precise moment.

As for Raider, I count it in his calculation because most of the time, you're either getting the zone, or you're getting the parry into another wallsplat. If you try to parry the zone, you will get parried and be on the ground out of stam with a lot less health, and if you don't parry the zone, you will end up with a lot less health. And if you try to dodge, you will usually get caught because the scenario is wallspatting. If we weren't talking about wallsplatting, then yes I would consider only 30 damage guaranteed, but again this is a wallsplat we're talking about since that's the move that's "so much more powerful" than every other character, which is completely false since most of the roster equals or outdoes Centurion's very scenario specific way of getting damage in

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 10:06 AM
What you're seeing is lag. If you have super bad lag, it will look like it's unblockable when it's feinted at the precise time, but it's not. Shugoki can do it as well if you have super bad lag and they, again, time it to cancel at a precise moment.

As for Raider, I count it in his calculation because most of the time, you're either getting the zone, or you're getting the parry into another wallsplat. If you try to parry the zone, you will get parried and be on the ground out of stam with a lot less health, and if you don't parry the zone, you will end up with a lot less health. And if you try to dodge, you will usually get caught because the scenario is wallspatting. If we weren't talking about wallsplatting, then yes I would consider only 30 damage guaranteed, but again this is a wallsplat we're talking about since that's the move that's "so much more powerful" than every other character, which is completely false since most of the roster equals or outdoes Centurion's very scenario specific way of getting damage in

I guess the big solution would be then to tinker the game's code so that the lagger doesn't get advantage like now in the cents case.

And for the Raiders zone, all you really need is to parry or dodge it, it is 1000ms so everyone, and I mean everyone, can react to it.

Netcode_err_404
03-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Do you know why multiplayer games are harder to do than SP ones ?

Because the game designer, needs to be a good one, in FH game designers suck.

When they created Centurion, they just ignored all rules of the vanilla game, giving him all, stunlock, damage, parry punish, stamina dmg.

And a lot of people, me included, asked the tteam to actually reduce his damage, and parry punishes, for a better versatility.

They ignored us. Now you have a class, that cannot 2 shot you with 2 guaranteed GB's after a parry, with a ****ty kit and low options during his "comboes".

Welcome to this game.

Knight_Raime
03-03-2018, 11:39 PM

False.
There are a handful of heros that get a heavy off of a gb. You're thinking of a heavy parry.
but even then aramusha does as well. and zerk/shaman can get their zone on a heavy parry. which is as good damage wise if not maybe better.
and no. reflex guard does not guaranteee 2 heavies off of a GB. it's never been that way.

to the OP he's not garbage for most skill levels. But the higher you go the worse he is.