PDA

View Full Version : Why does no one use a mic? (Xbox)

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Online gaming is a shadow of its former self anymore...

What happened to literally everyone wearing a mic, communicating, working together, and talking trash?

I only play online games because I enjoy playing with and against other ppl... but this game (and all others) feels like Iím playing AI... always.

Idk, just curious. Itís lame in that regard.

Okita_Soji..
03-02-2018, 08:58 PM
I never have anything to say.

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 09:02 PM
I never have anything to say.

ďHold A&CĒ
ďTake BĒ
ďYou and you stick togetherĒ
ďAttack player A first, then take player B outĒ.

None of that?
Idk... guess Iím the only person that plays a multiplayer to actually play with other players.

Otherwise itís the same as AI.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-02-2018, 10:01 PM
I already know what youre going to say but regardless of our difference in views my team usually does have a spot open, You're more than welcome to add me as a friend and join us. GT is EIGHTYYARDS NYC

To answer your question also, party chat, that killed in game chat years ago.

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 10:12 PM
I already know what youre going to say but regardless of our difference in views my team usually does have a spot open, You're more than welcome to add me as a friend and join us. GT is EIGHTYYARDS NYC

I was literally just thinking that.

I was wondering when it happened and realized just that... party chat killed it.

I miss the good old days of talkin trash, and turning randos into team players.

Iíll add you.

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 10:20 PM

Iím willing to bet we get along better than you think.

I sent you a friend invite.

mrmistark
03-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Yeah, party ruined it.

You can add me as well if you like: mistARTIK FOX

SlashingElbow
03-02-2018, 10:22 PM
It sucks.. Im overall rep 119 and have never heard anyone speak in this game.. U can see the mic emblem flashing and **** but still no voices

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 10:24 PM
Yeah, party ruined it.

You can add me as well if you like: mistARTIK FOX

Sent.

This help with tactical play, but unfortunately not with being able to talk trash... lol

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 10:26 PM
It sucks.. Im overall rep 119 and have never heard anyone speak in this game.. U can see the mic emblem flashing and **** but still no voices

I donít get it... I go back to MW2 (cod) and think of all the glorious crap talking that went on. I miss it!

The_B0G_
03-02-2018, 10:49 PM
In the last patch, for PC at least, I know on PS4 my in game chat doesn't work anymore either, but regardless, to get the dedicated servers to work they had to set in game chat to group only, so you can no longer hear random others you are put into games with because in game chat was P2P so instead of delaying dedicated servers even longer, they decided to get rid of it for now.

You can apparently still talk to each other in groups and obviously party chat though.

But yeah, pretty crappy.

pure_energist
03-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Until Tribute the game didn't require a lot of communication needs.... In dominion you can see which zones are free to capture and give team commands to take an open one.. or defend one.. All it takes is some basic strategic thinking.. See free zone, capture it.. see a zone being defended by 1 and feeling confident... go try and take it...see yourself about to get ganked.. call for help. Your team may respond.. and they may not.. having you yelling it in their ear doesn't make them.. 99% of the in game chat I've heard isn't strategic talk but.. "WAAAAAA,I got beat,, WAAAAAA!" or "Yeeeahh..Just beat that **hole,, Yeeaaah"!! I understand wanting to hear other players reacting to the game and them hearing you. Its having spectators that can hear your verbal outcries and doing so makes you feel better in those defeats and victories because you have people to connect the experience with. What I miss is players that actually had mic etiquette. There would be an outcry hear and there, but it wasn't a bombastic narration of the entire match that soo many kids think they have to do because all their youtubers stars do it. If you want players to use mics again then players need to learn how to do it properly so we would want to hear what you have to say. If all I'm going to hear is nonstop narrations then no thanks.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-03-2018, 04:31 AM
Iím willing to bet we get along better than you think.

I sent you a friend invite.

I'm sure we will. I'll add you now.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-04-2018, 05:25 PM
What's your GT?

Tirik22x
03-04-2018, 05:27 PM
What's your GT?

Tirik 22