PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Highlander tips.

Baggin_
03-02-2018, 08:26 PM
More Specifically his kick into caber toss, does anyone know the timing (if there is one) to this? It gets me every time if I'm not playing as someone who has a side dash attack.

Cliff_001
03-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Its basically a 50/50 to avoid the grab you have to dodge after the kick would have hit you unless you get lucky and avoid it like how you used to.

Protos_88
03-02-2018, 09:14 PM
with lags u cant do it. and for me is stupit when someone nerf cent, and giv the same higlander + armir + duble it. gg devs

Kahuf1
03-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Hi there, Highlander rep 12 here. Everythink u have to do against kick feint grab is late dash. And then Highlander is open to free GB. Late dodge provides u 100% dodge of kick even if Highlander dont do feint to grab. Problem solved. Every enemy i play against and he ask me for tip, i show them this and can practice. So stop complain about highlanders "great buffs". I main him before patch cause his unique and brutal playstyle. Nowdays he is maybe one of perfect balanced heroes if whole For Honor.

mrmistark
03-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Highlander rep 7 here. As stated by Kahuf you can dodge both pretty easily if you just dodge late and also: there is absolutely no 50/50 in the game except for a couple of UB heavies while OOS. All other “50/50” to include kick into caber toss, are all 100% stoppable by a simple well timed light attack. This is further made easier by HL obvious stance change, even into instant flow.

The_B0G_
03-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Rep 16 HL, I agree with the last two above me, just dodge as late as possible on the kick. You panic and dodge too quick and you'll get nabbed.

Vakris_One
03-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Dodging as late as possible is the key.

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 06:49 AM
Dodge attacks completely negate highlander, but without it, dodge late, light attack or roll away (yeah the last isnt really a counter). But honestly, your first mistake is to let highlander to go into offensive form. It takes ages to go in it, and he has no defences in it, so he cant block or cgb. Every time you see HL trying to enter the OF just gb or hit with light, after few wallstun heavies he will stop suiciding.

Dasteel1974
03-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Hi there, Highlander rep 12 here. Everythink u have to do against kick feint grab is late dash. And then Highlander is open to free GB. Late dodge provides u 100% dodge of kick even if Highlander dont do feint to grab. Problem solved. Every enemy i play against and he ask me for tip, i show them this and can practice. So stop complain about highlanders "great buffs". I main him before patch cause his unique and brutal playstyle. Nowdays he is maybe one of perfect balanced heroes if whole For Honor.

Lol. Yea. He is real balanced. The guy can run an infinite unblockable combo on you. He is the real noob destroyer. Then add in the kick feint grab, and you got yourself a character that is easily one of the best in the game. Unless you are extremely good at party’s, you have no chance as you can only get away from unblockable for so long.

Specialkha
03-03-2018, 08:07 AM
Lol. Yea. He is real balanced. The guy can run an infinite unblockable combo on you. He is the real noob destroyer. Then add in the kick feint grab, and you got yourself a character that is easily one of the best in the game. Unless you are extremely good at party’s, you have no chance as you can only get away from unblockable for so long.

You said it yourself, he is a noob destroyer. A game can't be balanced around noobs. So l2p issue.

Baggin_
03-03-2018, 08:41 AM
I really didn't mean for this to be a "he's op" war, but I guess I should of figured it would go that way. I don't think he's op, was just wondering if there there were any tips for dodging it is all. Thank you for the constructive replys! :)

Kahuf1
03-03-2018, 08:52 AM

Dear Dasteel1974, infinite unblocable combo u mean "he cant def", or u mean "he can do extreme slow unblocable heavy" or do u mean "he can do kick feint grab so enemy can late dodge and GB him"?

This post is about how to help enemies against highlander. And see, lot of HL mains try to help others! So think about it...

Jiblet2017
03-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Dodge attacks are useful. Alternatively there is an 3xtremely tight (literally 100ms) window to dodge the kick without caber vulnerability. There is a video detailing the timing on YouTube if you search for highlander toss counters.

That being said, it's a tough mixup to counter without a dodge attack - especially given the potential punish. It is disappointing to see many of the condescending replies on each side beforehand. Plz try to be civil as a community.

Baggin_
03-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Dodge attacks are useful. Alternatively there is an 3xtremely tight (literally 100ms) window to dodge the kick without caber vulnerability. There is a video detailing the timing on YouTube if you search for highlander toss counters.

That being said, it's a tough mixup to counter without a dodge attack - especially given the potential punish. It is disappointing to see many of the condescending replies on each side beforehand. Plz try to be civil as a community.
100ms is super tight, I suppose I've got a lot of practice to do so I don't keep getting stomped by him. Lol

BarbeQMichael
03-03-2018, 03:26 PM
100ms is super tight, I suppose I've got a lot of practice to do so I don't keep getting stomped by him. Lol

Most reliable way to counter them is still just light attack, the kick is 700 + change into offensive (don't know the time but it takes long) so any light attack and most heavies will interrupt highlander trying to kick/grab you. It works very well though if the opponent panicks, just like any noobstomper like cent or raider

The_B0G_
03-03-2018, 03:38 PM
Most Highlanders throw a defensive light and fast flow into offensive stance, from there they can light, heavy, kick, grab, or dodge first and do any of these. Like Barbe said though, if you panic you're in for some hurt, you gotta be patient, some HLs are one trick ponies and can be predictable, others mix it up a lot so you gotta be careful and patient, even his light attacks aren't as fast as assassin lights, so you have time.