PDA

View Full Version : Swastika enabler...yes or no?

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:13 PM
I have come across a download for a Forgotten Battles Swastika enabler.
What is the general consensus of this download?
While I can see how it would add authenticity to the game I can also see that there may be issues connected with it.

If there is anyone out there using it, have you gotten any negative feedback for doing so?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.geocities.com/perrycham/40m2.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:13 PM
I have come across a download for a Forgotten Battles Swastika enabler.
What is the general consensus of this download?
While I can see how it would add authenticity to the game I can also see that there may be issues connected with it.

If there is anyone out there using it, have you gotten any negative feedback for doing so?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.geocities.com/perrycham/40m2.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:15 PM
I use the IL2Manager for that and some other stuff which is included. That tool also works online where many others don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<table border="0" width="100%"><tr><td width="50%"><font size=2><font size="-1">Come and see the brilliant light
don't let your emotions mask your sight
it's the manifestation of a deeper fight
that affects me and you
my optimism was running high
a new world order was on my mind
but I couldn't believe it when I heard them say
they're blowing it away

and the fertile cresent is burning today
and baby my emotions are too
the cradle of humanity has led us all astray
and we're all in this together don't you know
Ô┬┤cause our species has nowhere else to go </font></font></td><td width="50%"><font size=2><font size="-1">Aggression rears it's ugly head
retaliation brings further dread
the two are linked by unseen threads
that wind back through time
I don't agree with this outdated trend
nationalism is an evil friend
but hatred is instilled by invisible lines
drawn in our minds

and the fertile cresent is haunting us today
and baby our instincts are too
the ghost of humanity is warning us this way
and i think we all should heed it don't you know
Ô┬┤cause we've got nowhere else to go </font></font></td></tr></table>

"Fertile Cresent" by Bad Religion

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
I used it for Il2... The only reason I dont use it for FB? I could not be bothered and also because I have many 3rd party LW skins that have the hakenkruz anyway as default.

I like to use them for purely historic reasons and as a way of adding autenticity to my screenshots. Sometimes people take offense and I will pull the screenshot (or not) depending on how many times I have been called a scum sucking, sheep abusing bastage/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Seriously though. I realise the pain the image may hold for many even after such a long time and I will not just say "hey d00d its only a game." Having lost 2 great uncles to the war and knowing a great man who served with the wermacht (and was shot and nearly killed trying to surrender), I understand completly where the offended are coming from and I will listen to their point.

You have to make the choice of swastika or not - your own and take the flak if and when it comes without adding more fuel to the fire by being flippant or ignorant (or both).

&lt;script>a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor="#005E4D";oa=a[a.length-2].style;oa.backgroundPosition="center center";oa.backgroundRepeat="no-repeat"</script>
&lt;script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var doc=window[pn];}var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src='http://www.km011a0004.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/troop.jpg'</script>
<center>http://www.km011a0004.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/catsig.jpg <CENTER>
<center><b/><table style="filter:glow[color=#33CCFF,strength=4)"><TD><font color="#white"face="americanabt">Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now?
<font></table></center>

Message Edited on 06/01/0309:28PM by SmokeJaguar

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:28 PM
I joined EAW, where German planes did carry it, late in the day, so I only ever played against 11 people at the most on the Zone... and so I don't know if seeing a nazi symbol is offensive to the wider flight sim community. I'd say that if others can see it, is it worth possibly driving away a skilled opponent who otherwise would have flown and had fun with you in FB? But as long as use online is limited to only those who have also downloaded the 3rd party app (presuming thats how it works), and enabled Swastika's themselves, there really isn't a problem... Otherwise, I'd say go for it, but show some sensitivity if asked about it. You only have to role play a Nazi jerk, right :-)

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Addendum; of course, not every LW pilot was a Nazi, that last sentance doesn't read how I meant it...

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:30 PM
I haven't added swatikas, but I always change the skins to what I like, and they all have swastikas. I think they make good a bullseye../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>

http://www.p51.mustangsmustangs.com/Pics/Military/8thAF/8.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Only those with the 3rd party addon activated will be able to see it.

Online I do not mind if someone is using the hakenkruz. If I am flying LW I will even use it myself but like I said, only for screenshot use later for when I play back the relevant track file.

&lt;script>a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor="#005E4D";oa=a[a.length-2].style;oa.backgroundPosition="center center";oa.backgroundRepeat="no-repeat"</script>
&lt;script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var doc=window[pn];}var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src='http://www.km011a0004.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/troop.jpg'</script>
<center>http://www.km011a0004.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/catsig.jpg <CENTER>
<center><b/><table style="filter:glow[color=#33CCFF,strength=4)"><TD><font color="#white"face="americanabt">Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now?
<font></table></center>

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 09:42 PM
I used IL2 Stab to enable it. I can't find IL2 Manager. The only site that had it when I did a search was a squad page and you have to be a member to access the downloads.

_____
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
&lt;script>var avatar='http://home.cablelynx.com/~jchaney/36_reaper_avatar.gif'</script>&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=avatar</script>

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Well, as long as you don't post ship loads of screenshots featuring the Hackenkreuz, nobody will know that you have them enabled /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<table border="0" width="100%"><tr><td width="50%"><font size=2><font size="-1">Come and see the brilliant light
don't let your emotions mask your sight
it's the manifestation of a deeper fight
that affects me and you
my optimism was running high
a new world order was on my mind
but I couldn't believe it when I heard them say
they're blowing it away

and the fertile cresent is burning today
and baby my emotions are too
the cradle of humanity has led us all astray
and we're all in this together don't you know
Ô┬┤cause our species has nowhere else to go </font></font></td><td width="50%"><font size=2><font size="-1">Aggression rears it's ugly head
retaliation brings further dread
the two are linked by unseen threads
that wind back through time
I don't agree with this outdated trend
nationalism is an evil friend
but hatred is instilled by invisible lines
drawn in our minds

and the fertile cresent is haunting us today
and baby our instincts are too
the ghost of humanity is warning us this way
and i think we all should heed it don't you know
Ô┬┤cause we've got nowhere else to go </font></font></td></tr></table>

"Fertile Cresent" by Bad Religion

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2003, 10:15 PM
what's the problem with the swastica? It's a symbol of a former government. A HISTORICAL symbol. You don't have to love it, but in a "historically accurate" sim u should at least bear it, because 60 years ago it was there, and it should be in the sim too /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 07:31 PM
swastica!

Be seeing you.