PDA

View Full Version : Spamming emotes... STOP!

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 05:23 PM
This, more than any broken, underpowered, overpowered hero/mechanic/feature, lack of new gear, lack of or surplus of ANYTHING, kills the game for me...

I hate seeing emotes spammed in a way where heroís (EVEN THE BOTS DO IT!!?!?) humping the air with RIDICULOUS grunts.

NOTHING kills my immersion or will to play faster than seeing this, even when itís one of my teammates.

Please make the emotes unable to be spammed... I cannot stand it.

Edit to clarify my intention:
Iím not trying to take away from anyone with my suggestion. Iím all about taunting people... just not with a broken, childish feature.

Fixing this would not make ANYONE stop playing the game... however, it may keep some ppl around. It does really upset ppl after a loss, and I do not want them to quit over something that is literally a broken, exploitable mechanic. Thatís my point, and how the devs should view it. The larger the player base, the better. I donít think anyone would disagree with that?

I (and MANY others) were drawn into this game from the very first cinematic trailer... and it was all about honor and brutality, not the meme culture that itís turning into.

Had I seen anything like the taunt exploits in that trailer, I never wouldíve even considered buying this game.

If you enjoy it, thatís fine... some ppl do. However losing it wonít be game breaking to you. On the contrary, intentionally upsetting ppl with it may push some players away.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-01-2018, 05:32 PM
'Stop having fun with this mechanic that even the game developers enjoy!"

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 05:45 PM
'Stop having fun with this mechanic that even the game developers enjoy!"

Give me a break dude...

You know damn well that itís only done to make ppl angry. That is NOT something that needs to be in this game to have fun.

Yes, itís super fun to turn ppl off to the game. Gtfoh. Itís toxic, and nothing else.

Youíre part of the meme culture that is picking this game apart. Making ppl rage quit is not fun in any way. I myself never quit, and like I said, I hate seeing my teammates do it... itís so unbelievably immature and serves no positive benefits.

CandleInTheDark
03-01-2018, 05:47 PM
To be honest,it is kind of an accepted feature among the devs to the point that they see how spammable emotes are in development phase.

Vakris_One
03-01-2018, 05:50 PM
After careful consideration I must go with... nope.

http://i.imgur.com/V84bEEg.gif

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 05:50 PM
To be honest,it is kind of an accepted feature among the devs to the point that they see how spammable emotes are in development phase.

Iím aware, and I want to know why? It literally only makes players mad, when theyíre already mad that they lost.

Would taking away make the game any less fun? ABSOLUTELY not.

Does leaving it hurt the player base and literally make ppl shut the gane off? Yes. 💯

So please tell me how that it can be good for a game?

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 05:53 PM
I love this game, I truly do. Iím a slightly above average player... so I win more often than not. But itís things like this that make me consider uninstalling.

Like I said, itís absolutely toxic. Iím no stranger to making ppl rage, seeing that I main berserker... and that happening bc I kill them quickly is one thing. But, adding to it and pushing them over the edge with childish gestures is an entirely different thing.

Vakris_One
03-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Iím aware, and I want to know why? It literally only makes players mad, when theyíre already mad that they lost.

Does leaving it hurt the player base and literally make ppl shut the gane off? Yes. 💯

You're assuming it angers the majority of players but that may not be true. The only person you can speak for is yourself. Spamming emotes doesn't make me mad for example. Whenever I encounter a random someone and we spam some emotes for the fun of it before dueling or whatever it's quite funny. So yeah, removing emote spam would definitely remove that little bit of sillyness that makes some people who don't take a video game so seriously laugh.

BarbeQMichael
03-01-2018, 06:05 PM
I honestly thought for a very long time that they are simply bugging due to lag or something, until someone said he is deliberately spamming his emote so it doesn't play right. Even more beyond my imagination why anyone would do that on purpose, it kinda defeats the idea of having emotes if you force them to break and not to play out correctly

Okita_Soji..
03-01-2018, 06:12 PM
I agree they need to stop. I posted about it in the salt emote thread. There is no real need for hip thrusting emotes. I'm fine with celebratory emotes or the ones showing sadness as its a way to express feelings just do it in a positive manor. Who comes up with a lot of these and are they children? Even the sports ones in a medieval fighting game really, they need to go. Maybe if they made it so the emote had to finish the full emote before you could start it again would help. Executions have to finish even if you are getting hammered doing a long one, you sit there and wait watching your health go down. Do the same with emotes, you want to stand there and spam them over and over then you need to let them run fully and if you get hit and take damage so be it.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-01-2018, 06:14 PM
I love this game, I truly do. I’m a slightly above average player... so I win more often than not. But it’s things like this that make me consider uninstalling.

Like I said, it’s absolutely toxic. I’m no stranger to making ppl rage, seeing that I main berserker... and that happening bc I kill them quickly is one thing. But, adding to it and pushing them over the edge with childish gestures is an entirely different thing.

I'm sorry... But spamming emotes to make your character dance around stupidly after you win is... "Toxic"?

I'll be the first to say that there are plenty of toxic things in this game's community: People being abusive over mic chat and and text chat, people spamming the chat log with voice commands or text, people making offensive emblems, people ganging up and targeting random players. That's all plenty toxic... But emote spam?

I'm sorry, pal, but when I make my Conqueror pelvic thrust repeatedly after a hard-earned victory, it's not because I want to frustrate the enemy team, it's my victory dance! My way of celebrating! It's meant to be humorous and enjoyable. And when I see an enemy do it after winning, it sure as hell doesn't anger me (losing makes me angry, sure. Especially if it's to a vastly unbalanced team, but I digress.) because it's exactly what I'd be doing.

If you really do get driven up the wall by a Lawbringer going "Oru!-Oru!-Oru!" And twitching away into the distance after they win, then I think you need to take a step back and have a serious look at whether or not this is the right game for you. It's normal to get mad when another team beats you, but if harmless emote spam is getting you salty enough to make an enraged post on the forums? You may want to look into other, less rage-inducing games.

psyminion
03-01-2018, 06:16 PM
I've been spamming emotes for a year

no amount of salt will make me stop

https://i.imgur.com/qEkJSyd.gif

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 06:23 PM
I'll say this like I did in the last thread, no matter the emote it can be used negatively. Regardless taunts make people angry and throws some off their game, as you show here. Thats why I do and will always use them. Also it is my defense against a multitude of tactics. It the only defense I have at times in showing my opponent no amount of trickey will get me to that ledge. They have so many uses, and I will spam them for life. The verbal wows and thanks I can do without.

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 06:24 PM
I agree they need to stop. I posted about it in the salt emote thread. There is no real need for hip thrusting emotes. I'm fine with celebratory emotes or the ones showing sadness as its a way to express feelings just do it in a positive manor. Who comes up with a lot of these and are they children? Even the sports ones in a medieval fighting game really, they need to go. Maybe if they made it so the emote had to finish the full emote before you could start it again would help. Executions have to finish even if you are getting hammered doing a long one, you sit there and wait watching your health go down. Do the same with emotes, you want to stand there and spam them over and over then you need to let them run fully and if you get hit and take damage so be it.

Exactly... if the devs are ďonboardĒ with the emote spamming, theyíre not thinking clearly. Itís the epitome of having a childishish mindset.

In any business you have to weigh positives vs negatives.

What good does it bring? None.. the game is the same without it, and just as fun.

What negatives does it bring? It breaks immersion and angers some players.

Why would this ever seem like a good thing?

The players that enjoy it simply enjoy making ppl rage quit, and that simply ridiculous, and a characteristic of those who have psychopathic tendencies, honestly.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 06:28 PM

Thats the point, I want to get under my opponent skin.

For me and many it would.

Losing makes people shut off the game also, lag and disconnects, so emotes is not the only thing. Youhave to remember its only a handful of people that get like you. More content is always good.

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 06:29 PM
I'll say this like I did in the last thread, no matter the emote it can be used negatively. Regardless taunts make people angry and throws some off their game, as you show here. Thats why I do and will always use them. Also it is my defense against a multitude of tactics. It the only defense I have at times in showing my opponent no amount of trickey will get me to that ledge. They have so many uses, and I will spam them for life. The verbal wows and thanks I can do without.

Youíre proving my point. Theyíre used to just anger ppl.

In my psychology studies, Iíve learned that typically, people who do these types of things through video games, or online, are generally timid in real life, and not only would never taunt someone in person, but would also be too afraid to even stand up for themselves.

Just saying... your insecurities are showing.

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Losing makes people shut off the game also, lag and disconnects, so emotes is not the only thing. Youhave to remember its only a handful of people that get like you. More content is always good.

Keyword, ďalsoĒ. Thereís simply no need for it. If you find enjoyment in making other ppl angry, you should seek professional help.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-01-2018, 06:32 PM

In my psychology studies, Iíve learned that typically, people who do these types of things through video games, or online, are generally timid in real life, and not only would never taunt someone in person, but would also be too afraid to even stand up for themselves.

If you're trying to troll, you're doing a pretty slipshod job of it, pal.

If you're not...? I honestly, truly pity you. It's a competitive multiplayer fighting game, psychological warfare is part of the deal. It's the same as trash talk and taunting. Don't like it? Play something else. Sorry, that's just how it goes.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 06:33 PM
You’re proving my point. They’re used to just anger ppl.

In my psychology studies, I’ve learned that typically, people who do these types of things through video games, or online, are generally timid in real life, and not only would never taunt someone in person, but would also be too afraid to even stand up for themselves.

I am proving your point. Ive always said this. Taunting is used to anger my opponents. There are the ones to simply celebrate and at rare times I have one to honor my enemy or fallen teammate. But the majority of the times is to piss people off.

You can try your reverse psychology, but I am not timid at all in real life, I will trash talk just the same in RL. These are not personal attacks, so really why wouldnt I? Would you hit me in RL? That shows a bigger problem with you than with me trash talking. Nothing anyone says should result in someone hitting someone else. So please explain, why would I be too afraid to stand up for myself?

psyminion
03-01-2018, 06:33 PM

and what did your 'studies' tell you about people that get triggered by a video game animation?

just curious.
you know
for science.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Keyword, “also”. There’s simply no need for it. If you find enjoyment in making other ppl angry, you should seek professional help.

Yeah, also, your point?

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 06:39 PM
and what did your 'studies' tell you about people that get triggered by a video game animation?

just curious.
you know
for science.

I do not get ďtriggeredĒ, (and I think that word in itself is pathetic), but I do see others get upset and quit. For me, it simply breaks immersion, but doesnít anger me. Iím the type that needs to feel immersed in a game to really enjoy it.

Everyone here ďdefendingĒ it has just proved my point, that itís simply to make ppl angry. Again, that is the definition of a toxic ďfeatureĒ.

Iím still waiting to see anyone actually post a logical argument, and explain the benefits that this broken mechanic brings to this game. Iíve laid out the negatives... so what are the positives?

David_gorda
03-01-2018, 06:41 PM

just curious.
you know
for science. hehe they are insecure crybabies that lives in moms Basement usually ;)

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 06:42 PM
I do not get “triggered”, (and I think that word in itself is pathetic), but I do see others get upset and quit. For me, it simply breaks immersion, but doesn’t anger me. I’m the type that needs to feel immersed in a game to really enjoy it.

Everyone here “defending” it has just proved my point, that it’s simply to make ppl angry. Again, that is the definition of a toxic “feature”.

I’m still waiting to see anyone actually post a logical argument, and explain the benefits that this broken mechanic brings to this game. I’ve laid out the negatives... so what are the positives?

You ignored a lot of comments.

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 06:47 PM
I am proving your point. Ive always said this. Taunting is used to anger my opponents. There are the ones to simply celebrate and at rare times I have one to honor my enemy or fallen teammate. But the majority of the times is to piss people off.

You can try your reverse psychology, but I am not timid at all in real life, I will trash talk just the same in RL. These are not personal attacks, so really why wouldnt I? Would you hit me in RL? That shows a bigger problem with you than with me trash talking. Nothing anyone says should result in someone hitting someone else. So please explain, why would I be too afraid to stand up for myself?

Oh... itís obvious, big guy.

And just to entertain you, yes, if you said certain things (perhaps about my family) I would ABSOLUTELY defend my families honor and hit you. Perks of growing up in the country... ppl donít get to run their mouths without fear of repercussions.

Hell, a thousand years ago in Scandinavia, running your mouth would get you killed. Thatís a tidbit extreme... but still, it happened.

But I digress... taunts are fine, and should be in the game. Broken taunt mechanics, however, should not.

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 06:50 PM
hehe they are insecure crybabies that lives in moms Basement usually ;)

Grammar... **** it.

Periods? Who needs Ďem.

Random capital letters? Ohhh hell yes, count me in!

Hodoor!

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 06:51 PM
You ignored a lot of comments.

No... just yours.

SkŚl!

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Oh... it’s obvious, big guy.

And just to entertain you, yes, if you said certain things (perhaps about my family) I would ABSOLUTELY defend my families honor and hit you. Perks of growing up in the country... ppl don’t get to run their mouths without fear of repercussions.

Hell, a thousand years ago in Scandinavia, running your mouth would get you killed. That’s a tidbit extreme... but still, it happened.

But I digress... taunts are fine, and should be in the game. Broken taunt mechanics, however, should not.

So you think its ok to hit someone because they taunt you? You literally think this is legal and ok? You think thats a constitutional right?

Also why would I speak about your family? None of the in game taunts do. I said trash talking, I didnt say making fun of your mother.

But ok tiger, you dont believe I would trash talk in RL and I dont think youd do a damn thing if I did.

Okita_Soji..
03-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Saying thing friends is fine as its done in jest, sure everyone does it while playing a multitude of games or just in life in general, but doing it to strangers is not playful its disrespectful. I know this is just a game but it shows a lot about character. In the real world I'm a martial arts instructor, I teach adults and children and never has anyone in any class taunted or disrespected another student no matter what and it wouldn't be tolerated. We teach the kids how to be polite and respectful of others. There is even a talking kata teaching please, thank you, etc. There is no need to taunt someone just to anger them in life or a video game. If doing so makes you happy I feel sad.

I understand everyone is different and we all came to this game for different reasons. Since I like the Japanese culture I was drawn to the samurai aspect of the game. I only play as samurai heroes and try to play with "honor". It is just a game but it is a certain type of game. This is not Fortnite. I have played that and sure do a dance its a comical game. The emotes in this game are getting on that level. Definitely not the same as the trailers that were released that lured me in. But I love playing this game as there are no other good samurai games out there now, so here I stay.

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 07:03 PM
So you think its ok to hit someone because they taunt you? You literally think this is legal and ok? You think thats a constitutional right?

Also why would I speak about your family? None of the in game taunts do. I said trash talking, I didnt say making fun of your mother.

But ok tiger, you dont believe I would trash talk in RL and I dont think youd do a damn thing if I did.

You asked about IRL, not the game, so I answered. And judging by how taken back you were by my answer, no.. no you wouldnít. Lol gtfoh XD Iím dying.

And thereís a big difference between aloud and able...

Again, skŚl!

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Saying thing friends is fine as its done in jest, sure everyone does it while playing a multitude of games or just in life in general, but doing it to strangers is not playful its disrespectful. I know this is just a game but it shows a lot about character. In the real world I'm a martial arts instructor, I teach adults and children and never has anyone in any class taunted or disrespected another student no matter what and it wouldn't be tolerated. We teach the kids how to be polite and respectful of others. There is even a talking kata teaching please, thank you, etc. There is no need to taunt someone just to anger them in life or a video game. If doing so makes you happy I feel sad.

I understand everyone is different and we all came to this game for different reasons. Since I like the Japanese culture I was drawn to the samurai aspect of the game. I only play as samurai heroes and try to play with "honor". It is just a game but it is a certain type of game. This is not Fortnite. I have played that and sure do a dance its a comical game. The emotes in this game are getting on that level. Definitely not the same as the trailers that were released that lured me in. But I love playing this game as there are no other good samurai games out there now, so here I stay.

Exactly my point!

Iím glad you understand. Itís nice to know that other people are capable of acting with respect and honor. Those two things to me mean a lot.

I couldnít have said it better myself... I was drawn in by the very first trailer, and it had NOTHING to do with childish mannerisms, but everything to do with honor, and brutality.

Iím not trying to take away from anyone with my suggestion. Iím all about taunting people... just not with a broken, childish feature.

Fixing this would not make ANYONE stop playing the game... however, it may keep some ppl around. Thatís my point, and how the devs should view it.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 07:17 PM
You asked about IRL, not the game, so I answered. And judging by how taken back you were by my answer, no.. no you wouldnít. Lol gtfoh XD Iím dying.

And thereís a big difference between aloud and able...

Again, skŚl!

Taken back? Lol wtf. What planet are you living on? I think its comical thats what I think. The fact you think you can hit someone over taunting is laughable. In game or not. The fact you said "defend my families honor" and used that to justify hitting someone is a joke. And unless youre coming to NY dont assume, assuming only makes you look like one thing...

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Taken back? Lol wtf. What planet are you living on? I think its comical thats what I think. The fact you think you can hit someone over taunting is laughable. In game or not. The fact you said "defend my families honor" and used that to justify hitting someone is a joke. And unless youre coming to NY dont assume, assuming only makes you look like one thing...

Kid, a thousand years ago words against other men or their families would literally get you killed. How is having Honor a joke?

Thatís the problem... you lack respect, and you SURELY lack honor.

Iím done responding to you. Had I known you were that immature in the first place, I never wouldíve responded. Arguing with children is a waste of time.

Hopefully someday you learn the value of honor and respect. Until then, farewell kid.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 07:33 PM

Well look Mr Karate Kid, none of your backstory is helping. What you do in your class is one thing. How I play my game is another. Of course theres no NEED, its a want. Again, Im not playing this game to make friends. Im playing to win, and winning usually means at the expense of the other players fun. If taunting you helps me achieve my goal, guess what, Im taunting.

You stated why you play and why you play how you do. I respect it. Why you dont at least understand that trash talking doesnt make someone a bad person, it doesnt mean I have insecurities, or anything of the sort. Just as I dont think you do. You simply dont like them, ok, great. But the majority do.

So dont feel sad, send me an invite and you kill how you do and Ill kill how I do. A victory and share of steel is all I want.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Kid, a thousand years ago words against other men or their families would literally get you killed. How is having Honor a joke?

That’s the problem... you lack respect, and you SURELY lack honor.

I’m done responding to you. Had I known you were that immature in the first place, I never would’ve responded. Arguing with children is a waste of time.

Hopefully someday you learn the value of honor and respect. Until then, farewell kid.

Its 2018, not thousands of years ago.

This post of yours has so much win and fail. This made my day tiger, a thousand years ago. LOL!!!!

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 07:38 PM

Just ignore this kid... your much better off. He canít be older than 18, and isnít worth your time.

Iím sure you already knew that though.

SkŚl!

Specialkha
03-01-2018, 07:39 PM
You need to taunt ppl in game because you lack skill so you need to use that to get the better of them. Get better, and maybe, you will get honor.

SA1MON_Majestic
03-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Funny how this thread has gone from an actual coherent topic, into just personal insults. Personally i'm fine with the spam, it all depends on why the person is doing it. I personally only do it with my friends or after i defeat an A-hole of an opponent. I understand people may get offended, but people can be offended by a huge amount of things that the devs can't or won't remove, like pings or chat. So I think keeping it is fine, just get some thicker skin.

Now going into the topic of immersion. One of the main ideas of this post was how it broke immersion. Yet, the idea of a third-person fighting simulator, with in-human feats and abilities, your immersion is broken by a man taunting and pelvic thrusting. You have a character who executes you by literally flinging you in the air and flinging you down leaving an actual crater on impact. Yet something like pelvic thrusting makes you leave the immersion. I just wanted to point that out.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Just ignore this kid... your much better off. He can’t be older than 18, and isn’t worth your time.

I’m sure you already knew that though.

SkŚl!

You're**

Vakris_One
03-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Just ignore this kid... your much better off. He canít be older than 18, and isnít worth your time.

Iím sure you already knew that though.

SkŚl!
I'm curious, what did your psychology studies tell you about people who lack a sense of humour to such a degree that they get really worked up about emotes in a video game? Also, what do they tell you about someone who starts calling others "kid" in an attempt to denigrate them just because they disagree with their opinion or when someone starts suddenly signing off posts with the Norweigan/Danish/Swedish word for "cheers"?

What was your relationship like with your mother?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/fa/58/6dfa587ab3d5cc29752d147b0365ee40.jpg

;)

XJadeDragoonX
03-01-2018, 08:08 PM
I enjoy how a post about taunting has become a taunting fest. This is how it should be. Let your hatred fuel you.

bannex19
03-01-2018, 08:19 PM
I agree with the OP, spamming emotes is childish and totally immersion break-...Wa war war war wa war wa wa war war wa war war war war war war war wa war war, I am war....

David_gorda
03-01-2018, 08:25 PM
I am Always honorable in for honor, after i sneaked up on People from behind and Ledged them i Always say good fight, good fight good fight and end it with some honorable hip thrust moves ;)

Alustar.
03-01-2018, 08:27 PM
So just a few quick notes, there is a high degree a fallacy in trying to psycho analyze another player based off of a few matches and their choice to dance about a victory or not. And all this talk about personal insecurity is a smoke screen to disguise from the fact that you, yourself are displaying more insecurities than the players you are belittling.
Case and point, it's a game. A very few percentage of players actually play super competitively, and even they don't let this get under their skin. Next I'm gong to see posting about how it's flame tactics used by cyber bullies in an effort to destroy the self esteem of our children. To which I would ask, what are you doing letting your child play for honor?

From my back ground, this has always been an introduction, of sorts. So in fact, your response to this "dance" is more a mental tell than anything. For me, when I see a player hump the air or any other emote spam, it typically happens before the first strike occurs. So I respond in kind, letting them know that I too am here to wreck shop and chew bubblegum.
So let's try to steer away from using or psych 101 class. You aren't going to win any arguments like that. You are contending with net trolls who's google-fu levels far exceed most professors short of ivy league.

psyminion
03-01-2018, 08:31 PM
c'mon lighten up fellas

https://youtu.be/0p83F7NU6mI

Okita_Soji..
03-01-2018, 08:33 PM
For me spamming any emotes is not what I like about this game. It's obvious but they are not going anywhere. They are a source of revenue and will continue as long they make money off them. What happened to the game from the trailer? Better yet what about the game in that early test footage thats floating around the forum? Where is that game? The silliness would not fit in that game. This game unfortunately is heading down a more comical path. Heck now there are rainbows and hearts...

Well look Mr Karate Kid, none of your backstory is helping. What you do in your class is one thing. How I play my game is another. Of course theres no NEED, its a want. Again, Im not playing this game to make friends. Im playing to win, and winning usually means at the expense of the other players fun. If taunting you helps me achieve my goal, guess what, Im taunting.

As for this, I dont teach karate it is wonderful art but not for me. Like i said, sad that hurting others make you joy. Obviously I play to win but I dont try to humiliate my opponents. This a game and a forum post so there is no face to face and bet you are different and decent in person. Taunting in real life games isn't that rampent. I also play in an over 30 soccer league and there is no taunting there. Sure celebrate when you score but no rubbing it ones face.

When I get beat in the game if it not lag or a system fault sure I get upset but mostly about what i did wrong...

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 08:34 PM
I enjoy how a post about taunting has become a taunting fest. This is how it should be. Let your hatred fuel you.

I agree with the OP, spamming emotes is childish and totally immersion break-...Wa war war war wa war wa wa war war wa war war war war war war war wa war war, I am war....

I am Always honorable in for honor, after i sneaked up on People from behind and Ledged them i Always say good fight, good fight good fight and end it with some honorable hip thrust moves ;)

So just a few quick notes, there is a high degree a fallacy in trying to psycho analyze another player based off of a few matches and their choice to dance about a victory or not. And all this talk about personal insecurity is a smoke screen to disguise from the fact that you, yourself are displaying more insecurities than the players you are belittling.
Case and point, it's a game. A very few percentage of players actually play super competitively, and even they don't let this get under their skin. Next I'm gong to see posting about how it's flame tactics used by cyber bullies in an effort to destroy the self esteem of our children. To which I would ask, what are you doing letting your child play for honor?

From my back ground, this has always been an introduction, of sorts. So in fact, your response to this "dance" is more a mental tell than anything. For me, when I see a player hump the air or any other emote spam, it typically happens before the first strike occurs. So I respond in kind, letting them know that I too am here to wreck shop and chew bubblegum.
So let's try to steer away from using or psych 101 class. You aren't going to win any arguments like that. You are contending with net trolls who's google-fu levels far exceed most professors short of ivy league.

These guys get it, its a game, just enjoy it. We all cant like everything.

But alustar24 REALLY gets it. +10 Conq pelvic thrusts for you sir.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-01-2018, 08:38 PM
For me spamming any emotes is not what I like about this game. It's obvious but they are not going anywhere. They are a source of revenue and will continue as long they make money off them. What happened to the game from the trailer? Better yet what about the game in that early test footage thats floating around the forum? Where is that game? The silliness would not fit in that game. This game unfortunately is heading down a more comical path. Heck now there are rainbows and hearts...

As for this, I dont teach karate it is wonderful art but not for me. Like i said, sad that hurting others make you joy. Obviously I play to win but I dont try to humiliate my opponents. This a game and a forum post so there is no face to face and bet you are different and decent in person. Taunting in real life games isn't that rampent. I also play in an over 30 soccer league and there is no taunting there. Sure celebrate when you score but no rubbing it ones face.

When I get beat in the game if it not lag or a system fault sure I get upset but mostly about what i did wrong...

Lol, noted. That comment couldve been left out. But thank you, I am a decent person and I dont think any less of you because you dislike taunts. You didnt speak to me like the OP did so with I will agree to disagree. But please dont feel bad for me, or sad, I play all my games like this and this is where I derive my joy. When I win I will celebrate, when I lose I will have to deal with it as well.

Alustar.
03-01-2018, 08:54 PM
These guys get it, its a game, just enjoy it. We all cant like everything.

But alustar24 REALLY gets it. +10 Conq pelvic thrusts for you sir.

I've got the perfect response with my shaman grunts and rainbows.

JadeBosson.
lol it's the fun police

UbiJurassic
This, more than any broken, underpowered, overpowered hero/mechanic/feature, lack of new gear, lack of or surplus of ANYTHING, kills the game for me...

I hate seeing emotes spammed in a way where heroís (EVEN THE BOTS DO IT!!?!?) humping the air with RIDICULOUS grunts.

NOTHING kills my immersion or will to play faster than seeing this, even when itís one of my teammates.

Please make the emotes unable to be spammed... I cannot stand it.

Edit to clarify my intention:

Fixing this would not make ANYONE stop playing the game... however, it may keep some ppl around. It does really upset ppl after a loss, and I do not want them to quit over something that is literally a broken, exploitable mechanic. Thatís my point, and how the devs should view it. The larger the player base, the better. I donít think anyone would disagree with that?

I (and MANY others) were drawn into this game from the very first cinematic trailer... and it was all about honor and brutality, not the meme culture that itís turning into.

Had I seen anything like the taunt exploits in that trailer, I never wouldíve even considered buying this game.

If you enjoy it, thatís fine... some ppl do. However losing it wonít be game breaking to you. On the contrary, intentionally upsetting ppl with it may push some players away.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on the emotes in-game, Tirik22x. While it's understandable while you may not enjoy the spam of emotes in-game, there is a very large portion of the community that greatly enjoys and cherishes the ability to spam an emote. It's hard to go into any discussion of For Honor on the internet without finding references to Conqueror's now iconic RAH! While it's unlikely that there will be changes to emote spam itself, there options to turn off effects in the Options menu so that you can lessen the visuals of emote spam from your perspective.

That all said, the community team has elected to close this thread to avoid further instances of flaming.